To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How happy are you with your FPL Season 2016/17?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

How have you done

Happy - Didn't expect to be this high
43%
Average - About where I thought I was going to be
24%
Bad - Should've done a lot better
33%

Total votes: 92

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Re: How happy are you with your FPL Season 2016/17?

Post by Bolt »

Top 250. Very happy :)

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

Top 10K, this is my best result ever. This is the first time I'm playing from my new account on FPL. In the previous seasons my rank was:

This season:

So, I guess... I should be delighted. :D

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Missed out on top 5K on transfers made only (51 total)

Really happy with that as season target was to beat my best ever finish and get my first ever 10K (been playing more seriously for 3 seasons after a few seasons of just lolling around)

Finished strongly as well which will keep me coming back for next season

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

thesilkworm wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:1,082nd in the end.

Slightly disappointed that I didn't break 1k, but that is still my highest ever finish so no complaints from me. It gives me three top 2k finishes in the last four years and a five year average rank of 8k. If only last year hadn't have happened (25k) I'd have a really decent looking 5 year run :lol:
We finished level on points Mav, so I feel your pain about just missing out on top 1k. Still a great season (and 5 year record) - congrats.

As for my season, I'd have taken this overall rank at the start of the season, but it was only good enough to finish 4th in my biggest money league. I think that, unlike last season, this was a season where a lot of serious players did well, as is evidenced by the number of top 10k ranks in this thread. So overall I was delighted with my season until Harry Kane scored 7 goals in the last 4 days of it to ruin it a bit, and now I'm just quite happy with it :)

And i beat you in the Blonde H2H playoff, Silky ;-)
You're losing it ;-)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I Am Ville wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:

Slightly disappointed that I didn't break 1k, but that is still my highest ever finish so no complaints from me. It gives me three top 2k finishes in the last four years and a five year average rank of 8k. If only last year hadn't have happened (25k) I'd have a really decent looking 5 year run :lol:
We finished level on points Mav, so I feel your pain about just missing out on top 1k. Still a great season (and 5 year record) - congrats.

As for my season, I'd have taken this overall rank at the start of the season, but it was only good enough to finish 4th in my biggest money league. I think that, unlike last season, this was a season where a lot of serious players did well, as is evidenced by the number of top 10k ranks in this thread. So overall I was delighted with my season until Harry Kane scored 7 goals in the last 4 days of it to ruin it a bit, and now I'm just quite happy with it :)

You're losing it ;-)
Yeah but you are Ville :D

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

My best finish 583 finishing 2nd in mini league.
Last 3 seasons
2014/15 - 2893
2015 /16 - 27,123
2016/ 17 - 583

Target for a top 100 finish next season !!

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

. Considering I missed most of the big 50 50s and big hauls ( Sanchez 4 goals the only one I hit) and I had a wc that included gabbi blind Gabriel and no Alonso I can't complain. Rank of 1740 ish not that i care about rank at all really but made over 500 quid.

Feel if I'd held out one week on my wc it would have been a lot more so frustrating end to a great overall season . Hate them chips though, this is second year they hurt me :-)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I Am Ville wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:

You're losing it ;-)
Ah I didn't realise that was you! Congrats on a great season. After my run good in the various Blonde cup competitions I certainly can't complain about my play-off defeat you :)

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Joccki_10 wrote:Absolutely delighted with an OR of 55. I've just written a review: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=121643&start=30
That is an amazing performance mate well done.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

For a slight change of tone, in response to the OP, I am really unhappy with how I handled this season.

Overall rank of 78,478 which is my worst in 10 years. Started reasonably well, but then rank blew out to over 1mil after GW6, and I never really got things back on track.

Took too many point hits, and made numerous other mistakes which I will aim not to repeat next season (if my goldfish brain cooperates).

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

2014/15 - 1,445
2015/16- 14,720
2016/17- 481

Happy enough still can improve. Always was a lurker and tended to post on FFS will do more here now as the posts are far better overall.

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Very happy as it's my highest finish ever (57,505th) but seeing the placings/scores here I can see just how far I have to go... Inspiration for next season..!

Only dark cloud is that I somehow failed to play my Triple Captain in GW37 ('technical issues'..) Despite playing it on Kane in the final week I still missed out on a few points, costing me a place in my main mini-league. Gutted!

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Kuchi wrote:2014/15 - 1,445
2015/16- 14,720
2016/17- 481

Happy enough still can improve. Always was a lurker and tended to post on FFS will do more here now as the posts are far better overall.
the famous "SextaFeira Sua Linda" team owner nonetheless!!! :D
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/8311/history

Famous to me at least, one of the top Forum League teams this season, I often wondered whose fisoer was it.
Delighted you decided to come out :)

OH, and this was your 1st post here actually
WELCOME TO FISO! Image

And I'll have to update the Forum League Cup tables too :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=3057604#p3057604

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

3638 which is my best finish in FPL (used to be a TFF'er) so pretty happy with that.

Kuchi
FISOhead

Post by Kuchi »

MoSe wrote:
Kuchi wrote:2014/15 - 1,445
2015/16- 14,720
2016/17- 481

the famous "SextaFeira Sua Linda" team owner nonetheless!!! :D

Famous to me at least, one of the top Forum League teams this season, I often wondered whose fisoer was it.
Delighted you decided to come out :)

OH, and this was your 1st post here actually
WELCOME TO FISO! Image

And I'll have to update the Forum League Cup tables too :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=3057604#p3057604
Pleasure sir! Have been lurking a lot for a while finally registered. I have been running an experiment for the last two seasons with a team playing 5 defenders every week and had 12,754 finish last year and 15,853 this season, will post something a bit later. Apologies to Mogwai I cannot reply to PM's yet but would be more than happy to take part.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote:the famous "SextaFeira Sua Linda" team owner nonetheless!!! :D
...one of the top Forum League teams this season...
FPL 2017 Kuchi +FISO.png
and a welcome bonus chart for those who join the forum or come out of lurkerdom ;)
the red line is your FPL OR (Overall Ranking), while the blue one is your ranking in the Forum League

I was right that in September-October you were 3 times in Fiso 2nd place, and still in Top5 in November
then you still manged to hover around top 10, never outside top 20 anyway (except gw14)

In FPL, you got a very strong start, reaching Top 1k in September
Then your ranking sagged a bit, but actually it kept inside Top 10k or on the brink, a level many many fisoers would dream of! :)
(I myself got around there in January only)
with a bit sawtooth progression, you managed to get back up and finish on a high, improving the best rank you reached in October this season

Note this wasn't the same in Fiso Forum League, that's because in the meanwhile a lot of fiso teams improved a lot in FPL
So FPL top 500 now only earns you 7th place in Fiso, while top 1k was enough in october to make you 2nd :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kuchi
FISOhead

Post by Kuchi »

MoSe wrote:
MoSe wrote:the famous "SextaFeira Sua Linda" team owner nonetheless!!! :D
...one of the top Forum League teams this season...
FPL 2017 Kuchi +FISO.pngand a welcome bonus chart for those who join the forum or come out of lurkerdom ;)
the red line is your FPL OR (Overall Ranking), while the blue one is your ranking in the Forum League

I was right that in September-October you were 3 times in Fiso 2nd place, and still in Top5 in November
then you still manged to hover around top 10, never outside top 20 anyway (except gw14)

In FPL, you got a very strong start, reaching Top 1k in September
Then your ranking sagged a bit, but actually it kept inside Top 10k or on the brink, a level many many fisoers would dream of! :)
(I myself got around there in January only)
with a bit sawtooth progression, you managed to get back up and finish on a high, improving the best rank you reached in October this season

Note this wasn't the same in Fiso Forum League, that's because in the meanwhile a lot of fiso teams improved a lot in FPL
So FPL top 500 now only earns you 7th place in Fiso, while top 1k was enough in october to make you 2nd :mrgreen:
Fantastic thanks for that graphic. There are only a few things I use so wanted to be in the league anyway so people find you guys.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”