To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How would Firmino return affect Coutinho?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

How would Firmino return affect Coutinho?

Post by TopMarx »

Perhaps I'm worried about nothing but as Coutinho is one of the popular transfers this week, I wondered if he would be adversely affected by Firmino should he return? Especially in the new diamond formation.

Are we chasing last week's points by bringing in Coutinho? Should we be getting Firmino instead?

Also is anyone at all concerned that Liverpool could let us down? They haven't been consistent against teams they are expected to beat.

Thank you

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: How would Firmino return affect Coutinho?

Post by Billy Bongo »

No
No
No
Maybe

Sent from mobile

TopMarx
Treebeard

Re: RE: Re: How would Firmino return affect Coutinho?

Post by TopMarx »

Billy Bongo wrote:No
No
No
Maybe

Sent from mobile
ha, thanks for separating each and for answering. Very clear. Good to know, feel more confident.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

No
Yes
No
Yes

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

No
Yes
No
Yes

If anything Coutinho is a better pick when Firmino plays. But do not expect a repeat of this week's performance. Liverpool mids are very unpredictable, they could easily score 3 with nothing from Coutinho.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Is Firmino likely to start this GW?

TopMarx
Treebeard

Re: RE: Re: How would Firmino return affect Coutinho?

Post by TopMarx »

HQ Manoeuvre wrote:Is Firmino likely to start this GW?
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... -face-boro

not certain but I think he's more likely to start than not

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Coutinho will play the same position whether Firmino comes back or not I would imagine. Ie, Firmino will come in for Origi and play with Sturridge. So, I don't think it will have any effect on Coutinho's points potential. And no, going for Firmino instead is too risky given the fitness concern. I'd only consider Coutinho, Sturridge or Lallana of the Liverpool mids/fors

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

bigcliff2 wrote:Coutinho will play the same position whether Firmino comes back or not I would imagine. Ie, Firmino will come in for Origi and play with Sturridge.
Think that may depend on the formation. Sticking to the diamond it means Firmino is an actual forward rather than the false number 9 he often plays in a 433 - which he may or may not do if Klopp goes for that as Sturridge would be more a proper number 9. Either way Coutinho has his normal role (wide left in 433 or the diamond)

Personally I would drop Origi on form before anyone else. Maybe start with the 442 and Firmino up top and see if it works, knowing you can always switch to 433 if the parked bus proves obstinate.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TopMarx wrote:Perhaps I'm worried about nothing but as Coutinho is one of the popular transfers this week, I wondered if he would be adversely affected by Firmino should he return? Especially in the new diamond formation.

Are we chasing last week's points by bringing in Coutinho? Should we be getting Firmino instead?

Also is anyone at all concerned that Liverpool could let us down? They haven't been consistent against teams they are expected to beat.
Just seen this and yes, I think the same. I have eliminated Coutinho as an option and if I take a Liverpool midfielder it will be Firmino.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124447&p=3055590#p3055590

On the last point, I think the importance of the game should ensure a focused performance. And their opponents are just waiting for the season to end and a new manager to be appointed. I think adding Liverpool is good this week.

TopMarx
Treebeard

Post by TopMarx »

Thank you bigcliff2, murf, gallus, and Ruth_NZ for your thoughts and feedback. I decided to compare some key stats from Cout's double figure hauls this season:
gameweek169113037
touches in final third237339532823
touches in box434862
shots366526
shots in box222321
chances created243536
corners taken000406
what I hadn't considered was his assist potential, he's now on corners and created chances from deep last week.

I agree that with the new formation I don't expect Coutinho to be affected by Firmino's possible return (i'm now less confident about that happening as he seemed to be missing from the latest training pics). But I agree with Ruth that playing deeper means he is unlikely to return a big score every week. Although he feels similar to Eriksen at Spurs, who I'm very comfortable having in my team.

My midfield consists of Sanchez, Hazard, Eriksen, King, and Sane. Hazard is the popular option to sell but I think he will play and ordinarily for a home match against the bottom side you would want Haz in your team. Haz has played every match this season when fit and played every match in the 2014/15 title winning season. My only concerns with Haz are Conte saying he wants to help Courtois win the Golden Gloves (therefore Chelsea not going gung-ho), the chance Haz will be taken off early with the cup final next week, and he hasn't been in the best form recently.

Still a few hours to decide...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”