To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW38 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW38 Captain?

Sanchez
18%
Coutinho
8%
Kane
62%
Jesus
3%
Costa
3%
Sturridge
1%
Hazard
1%
Vardy
No votes
Giroud
No votes
De Bruyne
No votes
Aguero
1%
Lukaku
No votes
Ozil
No votes
Alonso
1%
Fabregas
1%
King
No votes
Vokes
No votes
Eriksen
1%
Llorente
No votes
Rooney
No votes
Other
1%

Total votes: 146

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

GW38 Captain

Post by sunbather »

Don't think we have a thread for this yet? I'm torn between Kane and Sanchez but that's a nice choice to have at least!

markb241
Kevin and Perry

Re: GW38 Captain

Post by markb241 »

My choices are Kane, Coutinho, Sanchez or Jesus.

Erm...

Dont know. Pick a name from a hat maybe.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I was originally leaning towards Jesus, but after last night it's 100% Kane for me.

Even in his post-match interview, he's clearly desperate for that golden boot.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

It has to be Kane

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

gallus wrote:It has to be Kane
OR does it have to be Sanchez or dare i say it Lukaku :shock:

Golden boot race

KANE 26
LUKAKU 24
SANCHEZ 23

Im sure Lukaku is seething after what Kane did last nite. He now has to prove to himself & many others that he aint shite against the so called big 6 teams

But will he.... :lol: :lol:

not so much feeling kane after last nights madness. He will only get 1 goal to seal the deal after last nites high energy performance. Hes now on a comedown after the high. Certainly wont be getting 4 despite the opposition :P

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Yeah... I'm tempted by Sanchez even though I have Kane...

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

What worries me about Kane is the lack of rest time between games for Spurs - only two days off between the Leicester and Hull games.

That said, Spurs are in fine form and Kane is looking especially goal-hungry. Then again, Sánchez is in terrific form too.

Tough one.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Spurs don't want a repeat of last season where they stopped trying after they gave up the title race. Kane (C). A Son punt might be an alternative.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Kane or Sanchez for me IMO.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Initial sat it on Kane but both Coutinho and Sanchez is in serious consideration

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Kane looked ruthless last night. They could murder Hull if they get a couple early. Could be 4 or 5. They are so good when they get in their flow.

Sanchez may be stuck out left again and they are not likely to thrash Everton. Feels like it might be a 1-0, 2-1, 2-0 type game.

Kane for me.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Kane for me too. They are playing so well and they can play without any pressure. Arsenal must win, and Lukaku will be looking to snag that golden boot too so will put up a good fight I reckon.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Kane for sure I think. Sanchez vc I imagine (or Jesus).

Jesus on pens for City? I don't think I like him so much if he's RW rather than alongside Aguero, which was where he played last game. Chelsea players I don't think are reliable enough to start and that just about exhausts my options.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:for sure I think
A contradiction in terms, surely? :wink:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Even when I try my hardest I can never quite take both hands off the fence. :lol:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
I guess it definitely is!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Definitely, maybe.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Watford have a serious injury crisis might not have any centre backs fit. This is edging me towards Jesus(c) Kane(vc)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Notned wrote:
gallus wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Definitely, maybe.
stop being oxymoronic you all

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Kane, Sanchez or the newly acquired Sturridge, depending how ballsy I'm feeling.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Costa for me. I marginally prefer him to Kane this week.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Sanchez for me. Defensive move as the only person who can catch me will likely captain him.

Sonnie Sarko
Kevin and Perry

Post by Sonnie Sarko »

Kane (c), probably Jesus (vc)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Costa for me. I marginally prefer him to Kane this week.
Wow that would be a ballsy move. Are you not worried about him getting a 10 minute cameo? Or maybe you are, but prepared to take the risk? I'm keeping hold of Costa, Hazard and Alonso this week, hoping they will play for the home GW38 party match, but strengthening my bench in case 2 or even all 3 don't play, but I wouldn't have the guts to captain them. I'm currently on Sanchez (c), not sure about (vc), maybe Jesus, but I also have been tempted by Hazard / Costa at times in the last few days... Who is your (vc) going to be?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

scarletjim wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Costa for me. I marginally prefer him to Kane this week.
Wow that would be a ballsy move. Are you not worried about him getting a 10 minute cameo? Or maybe you are, but prepared to take the risk? I'm keeping hold of Costa, Hazard and Alonso this week, hoping they will play for the home GW38 party match, but strengthening my bench in case 2 or even all 3 don't play, but I wouldn't have the guts to captain them. I'm currently on Sanchez (c), not sure about (vc), maybe Jesus, but I also have been tempted by Hazard / Costa at times in the last few days... Who is your (vc) going to be?
Not even slightly worried that Costa won't start. I don't even expect him to be subbed-off. It seems clear from Conte's presser that it will basically be the team that won the league. Kane is my (vc).

For those thinking about JT, Conte had a similar situation with Del Piero in his first season at Juventus. Del Piero didn't start many games that season but he did start the last game at the Delle Alpi and was subbed-off after 59 minutes. Juve went on to play the Coppa Italia final and Del Piero started that as well. Conte himself has drawn a parallel between the two situations (which is how I came to know about it).

Personally I expect the standard XI tomorrow with Willian, Fabregas and JT coming on as subs unless an injury intervenes. Begovic may possibly start as Courtois is still carrying his basketball injury. I'd be a bit worried if I had Fabregas in my team but I guess it's possible that he might start instead of Kanté.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

That's a very useful insight, thanks. My gut has said largely the same all week, but I've been nervous due to so many people (FISO and Joe Public) shipping their Chelsea assets...
EDIT:
Ruth_NZ wrote:It seems clear from Conte's presser that it will basically be the team that won the league.
What in Conte's presser did he say to make you so confident? I just saw highlights on the presser thread, I thought he just said he had no injuries...

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

scarletjim wrote:That's a very useful insight, thanks. My gut has said largely the same all week, but I've been nervous due to so many people (FISO and Joe Public) shipping their Chelsea assets...
EDIT:
Ruth_NZ wrote:It seems clear from Conte's presser that it will basically be the team that won the league.
What in Conte's presser did he say to make you so confident? I just saw highlights on the presser thread, I thought he just said he had no injuries...
He didn't say so but that was the implication. I wouldn't be shipping any Chelsea first teamers myself.

This report on goal.com after the presser draws the same conclusion.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017 ... sunderland

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

"In this situation, you must have a plan. We play FA Cup finals on the Saturday after that and you don't start preparing for the game on Monday. You prepare for the final 10 days before, and for this reason, in my mind, I have a plan to play the finals in the best condition for my players."

Hmm, that could be taken in many ways. But I'm sticking, maybe partly because I'd kick myself if I removed any of them and they scored well, compared to if they miss out and a sub comes in. Thanks for the info, and good luck for the last day - if Costa does well and Kane fails, it could mean a big rise for you at the end of an excellent season. :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I just listened to the presser again to make sure. Conte:

"...for Sunday we have important targets... to try to win the 30 games in this league, to help Thibault to win the golden gloves and to also to prepare in the right way for the FA Cup against Arsenal." When you bear in mind his previous comments about keeping his players "in rhythm" and the fact that most were rested on Monday then I think it's pretty clear. Good enough for me anyhow. I'm not in any doubt about it.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

(C)Sturridge
(VC)Kane

Won all my ML's by 200+ points, so I'm going to take a punt and I'm a Liverpool fan. Good luck to everyone, I've enjoyed all the discussions and debating. I've gained a lot of experience and insight this season from FISO. Thanks everyone for the great input and see you again next season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”