To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW38 Punts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: GW38 Punts

Post by From4corners »

Will probably go for Lallana myself, transferring the not surprisingly injured again Ramsey out and play Zaha against the kids.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Maybe Son

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Considering Coutinho instead of Hazard. I have ma AOA yet to play. Worried about Gabbiadini. A hit on Gabbiadini to Vardy may work well. But i want to finish top 10k (currently on 9k) , a decision on him makes headaches.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

looking at the squad JM has selected, and his recent comments, anybody thinking of attacking Palace options such as Benteke/Zaha, maybe even PVA?

Could only be three or four senior United players in the team, and I don't think the United youngsters will have the discipline or experience to hold a solid defensive system for 90 minutes.

Pressure off Palace and perhaps Sam will give them more license to attack knowing that United will have their under 23 goalkeeper playing and a host of other youngsters.

Palace favourites to win with several bookmakers and Benteke has caused United lots of problems in the past even when facing the full first team.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I'm flummoxed at who to pick with my 2 frees. Wish I'd spent one of them on Koscielny last week.

At the moment I'm toying with Hazard to Coutinho and King to Fabregas/Pedro/Sterling/Sane. Could change Anichebe but Llorente/Origi don't inspire wonderment.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Changing King is worrying me too. I actually don't think Ali will be benched so don't want to change him, Eriksen, Kane, Jesus or Sanchez!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Vokes

Sent from mobile

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Billy Bongo wrote:Vokes

Sent from mobile
Billy, do you think Vokes is a better bet than Benteke this weekend? was looking at him but then I saw the United squad.

Prior to the Liverpool game West Ham had kept three clean sheets in a row v Everton, Stoke, Spurs, you fancy Burnley to score a few past them?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: GW38 Punts

Post by Billy Bongo »

Gambit wrote:

Sent from mobile
Billy, do you think Vokes is a better bet than Benteke this weekend? was looking at him but then I saw the United squad.

Prior to the Liverpool game West Ham had kept three clean sheets in a row v Everton, Stoke, Spurs, you fancy Burnley to score a few past them?
Not sure, they are both good punts

Just seems Dyche has a tad more intensity about the squad than Sam, but both clubs have a great relationship with their fans

But Jose will play 10 defenders so I think vokes edges it

Will be a party at the Turf

Sent from mobile

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Billy Bongo wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Sent from mobile

Not sure, they are both good punts

Just seems Dyche has a tad more intensity about the squad than Sam, but both clubs have a great relationship with their fans

But Jose will play 10 defenders so I think vokes edges it

Will be a party at the Turf
Who are you gonna leave out? I've got Kane, Costa and Jesus and strikers (Sturridge, Vardy, Vokes) are indeed the best punts this week. Though I can't see a straight swap with the ones I already have.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Do we think Barnes will start for Burnley against West Ham tomorrow or is Gray likely to come in for him? Could do with some info on that. Tall Paul?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

sstaffsw wrote:Do we think Barnes will start for Burnley against West Ham tomorrow or is Gray likely to come in for him? Could do with some info on that. Tall Paul?
Vokes i would have thought, Billy Bongo or Tall Paul will know though.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Talk Paul knows more I'm sure but he's been rotating last couple

Vokes is the Gabbiadini swop for me Costa Jesus Kane owners have the perfect front 3

Sent from mobile

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Billy Bongo wrote:Talk Paul knows more I'm sure but he's been rotating last couple

Vokes is the Gabbiadini swop for me Costa Jesus Kane owners have the perfect front 3
Front 3 is so 2016. 5 in the middle is where the points are. :P

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Costa sellers must be punished it's a rule

Sent from mobile

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Billy Bongo wrote:Costa sellers must be punished it's a rule
If I'm gonna leave one out it'll be Jesus.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:Costa sellers must be punished it's a rule
If I'm gonna leave one out it'll be Jesus.
I'd agree with that if Aguero was still on pens but with Tom Daley Sane about I think I'd keep Jesus

Sent from mobile

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I have a little gem but I'm not willing to share it.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

gallus wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:Talk Paul knows more I'm sure but he's been rotating last couple

Front 3 is so 2016. 5 in the middle is where the points are. :P
Yep, I think Gabbiadini may just ride my bench

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Looks like I am going to punt with my AOA chip. I swapped the injured Anichibe out for Barnes, just got to hope he plays but that's the gamble and I do fancy Burnley at home against leaky West Ham. My two defenders will be Monreal and Yoshida, my third would be Stephens if I don't play my AOA chip. So Kane (c), Jesus and Barnes up front in a three.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Will they / Won't they start this weekend dilemmas over a handful of guys I own; Pedro, Sterling, Eriksen, Costa (my guess is Yes, No, Yes, Don''t know)... And a handful of final week punts interesting me; Sane, KDB, Aguero, Coutinho, Firmino , Sturridge... Finding it difficult to settle on a decision. Happy to make one or two transfers, although only one FT. All my MLs already wrapped up. OR of 6k currently and as much as I would like to finish top 5k I would rather play the final week for fun and see where it takes me.

Anyone any friendly, helpful thoughts on who is worth trading of the players mentioned above?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

sstaffsw wrote:Do we think Barnes will start for Burnley against West Ham tomorrow or is Gray likely to come in for him? Could do with some info on that. Tall Paul?
Sorry, can't help too much. The bloke who usually posts the team in advance has stopped doing it in the last couple of weeks.

I think it's 50/50 on which of Barnes or Gray will start with Vokes. If I hear anything before the deadline I'll let you know.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Tall Paul wrote:Sorry, can't help too much. The bloke who usually posts the team in advance has stopped doing it in the last couple of weeks.
Perhaps he's been located by Sean Dyche and Dyche has had "a friendly word" with him. :wink:

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Gambit wrote:looking at the squad JM has selected, and his recent comments, anybody thinking of attacking Palace options such as Benteke/Zaha, maybe even PVA?

Could only be three or four senior United players in the team, and I don't think the United youngsters will have the discipline or experience to hold a solid defensive system for 90 minutes.

Pressure off Palace and perhaps Sam will give them more license to attack knowing that United will have their under 23 goalkeeper playing and a host of other youngsters.

Palace favourites to win with several bookmakers and Benteke has caused United lots of problems in the past even when facing the full first team.
Palace can quite a bit higher if they win at Old Trafford and other results go for them, it's £1.9m extra per place and the Chairman has pointed this out to Big Sam.

Biggest potential losers are Leics who could lose out on £15m+ if results for them go wrong.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Tall Paul wrote:
Sorry, can't help too much. The bloke who usually posts the team in advance has stopped doing it in the last couple of weeks.

I think it's 50/50 on which of Barnes or Gray will start with Vokes. If I hear anything before the deadline I'll let you know.
Thanks, much appreciated TP.

I'm obviously hoping Barnes does start, I have to confess I did the transfer earlier in the week when I was a bit pissed but nevertheless I don't think I would have done anything different while sober now.

I'm assuming if I play my AOA chip and Barnes doesn't play, that would then mean that the first defender on my bench would come in to play? Anyone confirm?

The Usual Suspect
Wideboy

Post by The Usual Suspect »

Shit or bust for me - gone for: Rashford > Jesus; Hazard > Coutinho; and Gibbs > Ake to add to Caballero, Holding, Yoshida, Stephens, Alli, Eriksen, Sanchez (tc), Lukaku, Kane (v) with Ake, (Tom) Davies, Holgate on the bench if required.
I've gone from 15th to 3rd in last few weeks, now only 10pts behind 2nd, and 37 behind top but still feels like a success to get back in the frame after crap season. - Reputation restored methinks.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Rolling with (C)Sturridge.

Can see a header and an assist, perhaps more if LFC score early.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

I did gabbi> vardy

hazard> coutinho

Cycura
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cycura »

Probably the most insane move, but had to do it:

Sanchez --> Son
Jesus --> Aguero (c)

C'mon!

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

That's mental.. who made you do that?
sstaffsw wrote:I'm assuming if I play my AOA chip and Barnes doesn't play, that would then mean that the first defender on my bench would come in to play? Anyone confirm?
Correct.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”