To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW38 Punts

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

GW38 Punts

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Time for one last roll of the dice. Who are people thinking?

After Coutinho's haul, he'll be a popular one. Liverpool are facing a must win game.

John Terry is a good one. Almost certain to get a start in his last game with Chelsea.

Rooney seems another good one to me. Mourinho will want to save his starters for the Europa league final midweek. They're at home to a Palace team that just secured survival. Should be on pens.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Re: GW38 Punts

Post by bigcliff2 »

Sturridge is an option.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

would Vardy be a punt?

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I second Vardy, maybe not that punty.

Good candidate for captain.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I really like the look of the existing DGW players boringly. Spurs at Hull, City at Watford, Arsenal actually still having something to play for. Southampton with a nice home game vs Stoke.

I could be persuaded by Sanchez (if he's struggling for fitness) or maybe a Spurs mid to Coutinho, but other than that Chelsea defenders look the best punty options for my squad. Perhaps Monreal out for Sir Terry of Reflected Glory?

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Stemania wrote:I really like the look of the existing DGW players boringly. Spurs at Hull, City at Watford, Arsenal actually still having something to play for. Southampton with a nice home game vs Stoke.

I could be persuaded by Sanchez (if he's struggling for fitness) or maybe a Spurs mid to Coutinho, but other than that Chelsea defenders look the best punty options for my squad. Perhaps Monreal out for Sir Terry of Reflected Glory?
Yeah, unfortunately most of the punts look like negative expected value. Moves like Hazard > Coutinho, Kane > Vardy. I'm chasing my league though and I imagine I'm not alone, so this is the week to break the template and hope for a Kane blank and a Sturridge or Vardy brace in order to make up a 20 point deficit. Something like that.

I do like the idea of Vardy. I can see goals between them and Bournemouth.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

If I get rid of Gabbi then I like Benteke. United will have two eyes firmly on the UEFA Cup final & a weakened line-up. Palace will be playing with freedom. Would strongly fancy Benteke to get something. Guess it depends how much Big Sam might rotate. He's on the watch list anyway.

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Rooney.

Already brought him in this week, based on Uniteds last few games.

Probably be his swansong at Old Trafford too....

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

A better question is, would you take hits for a couple of gw 38 punts? Most of us only have 1ft, and since Coutnho is such an obvious option there aren't any spare free transfers for punts. I'd love to have Terry&Vardy instead of Monreal&Jesus, but is it worth two hits?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sam Vokes, John Terry, Jamie Vardy, Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge, Anthony Martial, Wayne Rooney, Ryan Bertrand (could be on pens after Tadic' miss), Jay Rodriguez, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sergio Agüero.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

gallus wrote:A better question is, would you take hits for a couple of gw 38 punts? Most of us only have 1ft, and since Coutnho is such an obvious option there aren't any spare free transfers for punts. I'd love to have Terry&Vardy instead of Monreal&Jesus, but is it worth two hits?
I'm not sure I'd want to throw points at the lottery of GW38 to be honest.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Im tempted by Fabergas for the title party.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote:
gallus wrote:A better question is, would you take hits for a couple of gw 38 punts? Most of us only have 1ft, and since Coutnho is such an obvious option there aren't any spare free transfers for punts. I'd love to have Terry&Vardy instead of Monreal&Jesus, but is it worth two hits?
I'm not sure I'd want to throw points at the lottery of GW38 to be honest.
In that case either Liverpool mid or a Chelsea defender are about our only options aren't they? Vardy and Sturridge are good picks, but not as good as Kane. And they are too expensive to upgrade to them from Jesus/Gabbi.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

A hit might be worth it if you still have your AOA chip and are playing with an Anichebe or Gabbi.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I feel a little exposed to the likely Chelsea party win so I'll probably try someothing like Hazard in for Eriksen.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mav3rick wrote:I feel a little exposed to the likely Chelsea party win so I'll probably try someothing like Hazard in for Eriksen.
Hull looked mentally shattered against Palace, so Spurs could score very well in that game.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

BBC are reporting that Terry starts tonight, if they make a big deal out of him at the end of the game i wont be bringing him in .

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Don't count on Sanchez being out - he was looking pretty pleased with himself in training today ahead of the Sunderland game tomorrow :D

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... leries/amp

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I think Liverpool are about the best source for punts to be honest. Have to go for it with a win needed. Would love to go for Sturridge, but tough to squeeze in financially. Defoe will likely be my transfer out, so I'll keep an eye on Origi. Llorente isn't as attractive an option now they're safe. As above, Vardy/Rooney/Terry probably the best of the rest.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

some great choices so far, trouble is I want about six of them!

Coutinho is clearly a standout option but already way ahead as the most transferred in player, loads will have him so not sure I would class as a punt.

One player who interests me and not mentioned yet is Mahrez, can see goals in that game as Bournemouth only play one way and Leicester will want to finish the season on a high, Mahrez will be off in the summer and wouldn't be surprised to see him finish with a double digit haul.

Thinking of either Mahrez & Sturridge or Coutinho & Vardy, like the look of both combo's and gives me Liverpool/Leicester attacking players for the final GW.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

A City punt is in the offing for me I think. If Watford can let in 4 to the Chelsea reserves, how many could they let in to a City side who actually need a win?

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Contemplating Gabbi > Origi

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City players should all be worth a punt if they go into the last game of the season all needing to win to get into the champions league.

Outside of them teams it's hard to see anyone worth taking a punt on. The best option is probably Palace if Man Utd do take their rotation policy to the extreme, though if it's a partial one like so far it might not end up being as easy a tie for Palace as some may predict. Even with rotation, United haven't been hammered this season outside of the Chelsea game early in the season. Even against Arsenal and Spurs they managed to only concede twice despite rotating. So if it's a similar rotation, I don't fancy a Palace field day. Only time I see that is if they use a lot of young inexperienced players.

Redsnout
Treebeard
FS Record: 676 - FPL (2016-17)

Post by Redsnout »

Joccki_10 wrote:Ryan Bertrand (could be on pens after Tadic' miss).
Long missed the penalty. Tadic could be back on it, but yeah, he has to play a game first.

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

He isn't a punt anymore but I'll almost certainly be going for Coutinho. Potentially captain too.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

How about Matip? He is close for a score last game and pick up lot of bonus point in 1-0, 2-0 games.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Batshit & Studge are top of my list.
Bixer wrote:Contemplating Gabbi > Origi
Firmino will be back, Origi likely to lose his spot.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Son to Lallana

Or

Alli to Couts

Not sure yet

Sent from mobile

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

ZeroRemorse wrote: Firmino will be back,.
Any source confirming Firmino's fitness please?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I have 2 FT and 0.2 ITB but the team looks good on paper for GW38...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”