To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Triple Captain GW37 Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Triple Captain GW37 Poll

Sanchez
46%
Gabbiadini
No votes
Kane
8%
Dele
No votes
Erikssen
No votes
Hazard
17%
Costa
3%
Jesus
22%
Aguero
3%
Rashford
No votes
Vardy
2%
Defoe
No votes

Total votes: 65

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Triple Captain GW37 Poll

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Had planned all along to triple captain sanchez in gw37 but looking at the gooners fixtures he could be knackered by then. They play on the 7th 10th 13th 16th over gw36 and 37.

Kane has much more rest going into 37 and has an extra day to recover for his second game in 37. Also have 2.7 itb to possibly upgrade gabbi to jesus or lukaku to aguero. Then theres the chelsea assets to consider.

Would be interested to hear who people plan to give the band to for the most triplest of captains.Don't actually know how to make a poll so some helpful person might create one :?:

Poll created for you - BFM

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Triple Captain GW37 Poll

Post by Mav3rick »

I would assume that if either man city striker is more or less guaranteed to start both doubles then they will be the TC of choice in GW37. Especially if that's Jesus as he's pretty affordable.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Don't actually know how to make a poll so some helpful person might create one :?:
When you click on New Topic, there is an option underneath the text box.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Ya just waiting to see if kun is out for the season if so jesus becomes essential. Wish I hadn't wasted my bench boost and wildcard already! Next season more patience is required. Oh just seen that pauli thanks

ALAN1289
Treebeard

Post by ALAN1289 »

still unsure whether to use bb or tc

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Poll created for you.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

No idea, I'll decide when we get there. Much depends on results in GW36 but there will be more than one good option I think.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I'm assuming at the moment that it will be between Sanchez, Hazard and Jesus, and I'm wondering what would need to happen in order for anyone else to become a serious contender. Would a good performance in GW36 for any of the others above push them above those three, given that the GW37 fixtures themselves aren't going to change? Perhaps Costa, or the Spurs bunch. Personally I think taking Rashford, Vardy, Gabbi or Defoe for the TC would be extremely risky, irrespective of what they do in GW36...

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Jesus for me at the mo. More of an issue over 36 captain

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Haha poll created for me but I still can't make make my mind up who to vote for! Have sanchez, alli, kane and looking at the Jesus. Chelsea big guns could be rotation risks by the second match of gw37 I reckon.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I already used my TC, but my normal captain will probably be Hazard. Or Sanchez if he wakes up next week.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Ya this week is kind of a trial run for sanchez in my team as captain. United will be wrecked tired when arsenal play them on Sunday, plus all their injuries, I'm expecting some haulage from him!

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Plus they might have to play Axel Tuanzebe at centre back.

Que the Gunners and Roses puns.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I would have thought Kane if you have him.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Thinking about Sanchez, Kane, Alli and Gabbi. Well not really Gabbi after this week's showing! Then maybe Jesus, Aguero or Costa if I bring any of them in. Can't afford Hazard without a hit

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Also nearly everyone in my mini leagues has used their chips so it's a good chance to catch up on them, although I can only win two of them the other one I'm way too far off the pace.

City4United1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by City4United1 »

Currently thinking Jesus.
I only divulge this as a public service - last 2 weeks captains were Gabbiadini (2) and Lukaku (4).
You have been warned.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Im surprised to see Sanchez so high for a GW37 Captain and cant help but wonder if some of those voters were thinking it was a poll for DGW36 Captain...

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Beerfuelledman wrote:Im surprised to see Sanchez so high for a GW37 Captain and cant help but wonder if some of those voters were thinking it was a poll for DGW36 Captain...
Agreed as most will be bench boosting in G37

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Alexis.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Probably Costa for me

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

tommyk7 wrote:Probably Costa for me
Switched back to Sanchez last minute - whew!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Just a small observation before the season slips away...
  • In 2015/16 Sanchez scored 25 and Aguero 26 in DGW34
  • In 2016/17 Sanchez scored 27 and Kane 31 in DGW 37
It's only 2 seasons but I think this gives an indication at least that you could reasonably hope for 25+ from the TC chip if you play it in the most suitable gameweek. The BB is far more mixed, for the 2nd season in succession rotation has damaged it and only some luck (players figuring only once but doing well in the one game, such as Stephens this season or Sakho last season) has averted disaster for a fair few managers. The best BBs I have seen this season (Joccki for example) have actually been based on SGW players anyway.

For me, this confirms my basic reasoning that the BB is really not worth stressing your season strategy for. And that it is best played when a suitable opportunity can be found away from the main DGW rather than causing compromise in the way the last few weeks of the season are managed.

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

Hi Ruth - not sure if I agree with you.

I know the only sample size we have to go in is small but I would also throw Augero earlier dgw into the mix as an equally valid tc option and that didn't work out as well as the ones you pointed out. i also think Jesus was an equally valid tc option.

My (fairly typical) unastounding bb this week produced 21 points, Pickford, Kelly, Albrighton, Vertonghen (could have had stephens on the bench rather than the starting 11 instead of vertonghen i guess when it would have produced more)

So playing my bb this week was better than triple captaining DeBruyne who i went for as captain (stupidly) or even the more sensible Jesus.

You have pointed out the optimal captains (sanchez and kane).

If I'm honest I think it is more likely my bb may have scored a bit more (vertinghen cs) than Sanchez or Kane doing better and if you offered me a 21bb or to triple captain someone rather than double I would always take the former as the chances of scoring lower (and significantly lower) than 21 always way higher than scoring more. I know we can all play "what if's" but Sanchez was only a late fitness test away from 12 points whereas a single injury to bb doesn't affect it as much.

Deffo not saying I think you are wrong yet but wouldn't say you were right just based on the last two seasons alone. (if that makes sense"???)

P.s. also "reasonably hope for" 25+ ... I think everyone tc Kane or sanchez will admit it is more than they reasonably hoped for ... dreamed of maybe.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, small sample and all that, I agree. But I think the ones I mentioned would have been among the top 3 of the FFS poll?

Anyway, I wan't meaning to imply that 25+ is an expectation. Just that it's a realistic hope and (I think) a more reliable one than a high upside BB. But in the end I don't think that either of those chips is as big a deal as is often made out.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

The most popular choice for TC this year was surely Aguero in GW27 (9 points scored) so - to avoid accusations of confirmation bias :wink: - that should feature prominently in the analysis.
Last edited by Archy on 19 May 2017, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Just a small observation before the season slips away...
  • In 2015/16 Sanchez scored 25 and Aguero 26 in DGW34
  • In 2016/17 Sanchez scored 27 and Kane 31 in DGW 37
It's only 2 seasons but I think this gives an indication at least that you could reasonably hope for 25+ from the TC chip if you play it in the most suitable gameweek. The BB is far more mixed, for the 2nd season in succession rotation has damaged it and only some luck (players figuring only once but doing well in the one game, such as Stephens this season or Sakho last season) has averted disaster for a fair few managers. The best BBs I have seen this season (Joccki for example) have actually been based on SGW players anyway.

For me, this confirms my basic reasoning that the BB is really not worth stressing your season strategy for. And that it is best played when a suitable opportunity can be found away from the main DGW rather than causing compromise in the way the last few weeks of the season are managed.
I agree that BB is not as valuable as we first thought, but I don't agree with your TC analysis. Aguero's DGW was just as promising as this week's DGW, and he ended up scoring 9. Just like with BB you can never be sure which week is the right week.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Well, I disagree about Aguero. I think many TC'd him simply because they were set on saving GW37 for their BB. And I think that was a mistake (as I said at the time).

I didn't want to rehash this whole thing so I won't. But I'll just note that saving the TC for the best DGW opportunity is pretty pain-free. It's unlikely to compromise anything else as it's only 1 player. Whereas saving the BB for a DGW can lead to a lot of compromises before and after. It's a more complicated chip to set up for.

Anyway, my only point was that 25+ is a realistic hope and I think after the last 2 seasons that's unarguable, isn't it?

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

I agree with the point generally that there is too much focus on the late WC/BB combo and this can lead to too many compromises. I definitely fell in to this trap myself this season.

However the best points per game we have this season are Kane 7.1 and Sanchez 6.9 so a realistic points expectation for a DGW is surely around 14 (which I'd say is probably about the same for a BB).

Aguero GW27 got unlucky with his tally of 9, those scoring around 25 later on got lucky. What one could reasonably expect lies somewhere in between.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”