To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW35 transfers (non wildcard). Deadline 29th April 14:00

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Re: GW35 transfers (non wildcard). Deadline 29th April 14:00

Post by sunbather »

I'm wildcarding GW36 so it's a luxury transfer for me. Probably one of these:

Negredo :arrow: Kane
or
Capoue :arrow: Hazard

Whoever comes in is a captaincy contender!

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

bigcliff2 wrote:I'll be WC-ing next week but I don't see anywhere obvious to use a FT this week at the minute, unless an injury comes up or unless someone is about to rise or whatever...
If you post your squad then maybe someone will spot something that you missed.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Cliffard wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:I have 2 FTs and will wait till the pressers. Pretty settled on Lukaku and Sigurdsson out; possibly Vardy and Martial in (if Martial doesn't start Thursday), I have the exact cash for that. Aguero for one week is also an option (if de Jesus isn't ready), maybe with King. But I really like the Martial punt if the pieces come together.
Ruth, let me push you on something: who'd you get in for those two if you didn't have your WC? :)
Without seeing the rest of the team and knowing the status on chips I can't say.
Turd Ferguson wrote:I agree. As a Valencia owner I'm hoping for a start, but I expect him and Rashford to be rested.
Yeah. We gonna get the tough game and miss the 2 easy ones. The only consolation (for me) is that I had Valencia since GW17, I didn't get him in with GW34 in mind. But it's not much of a consolation. :roll:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Walker :arrow: Vertonghen to release some funds.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Baines (autocorrects to "babies") -> Yoshi.

In prep for an expected Zaha -> Sane next week.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Paulista wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:I'll be WC-ing next week but I don't see anywhere obvious to use a FT this week at the minute, unless an injury comes up or unless someone is about to rise or whatever...
If you post your squad then maybe someone will spot something that you missed.
This week's line up

De Gea
Holebas, McAuley, Cahill, Baines
Sanchez, Eriksen, Sane, Hazard
Kane, Lukaku

Jaku, De Roon, Barnes, Amat

I was thinking about Baines out to a United defender but I think I'd rather take my chances tbh

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Almost definitely Origi to Gabbi.

Then probably a hit for Gibson to Stephens. Need to free up funds and hopefully he'll repay the hit over what seems like a decent last four gameweeks.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

Negredo :arrow: any other striker, grrrr.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

2 Free Transfers pre GW36WC, nothing in the bank. Lukaku to Gabbiadini is tempting but Lukaku at Goodison vs Chelsea who don't keep clean sheets, it could all end in tears.

So currently I'm thinking Guzan & Barragan :arrow: Hennessey & Yoshida. My other keeper is Pickford who does have a good fixture on paper but I still think Bournemouth will probably score in that game anyway.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Valencia to Daniels, I want someone who starts...

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

Might bring in De Gea for Valdes before wildcarding in GW36. Can't see much else I like... maybe Siggy > Hazard?

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Siggy :arrow:

Wijnaldum?
Navas?
Tadic?
Milner?
King?
Ayew?
Sane?

No idea yet.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Assuming Sane and DDG dont get hurt tonight:
Lukaku :arrow: Gabbi

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

tommyk7 wrote:Siggy :arrow:

Wijnaldum?
Navas?
Tadic?
Milner?
King?
Ayew?
Sane?

No idea yet.
Has to be Navas out of all them, surely.

:lol:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Grant -> Forster or DDG

and I'm tempted to do Lukaku & Sanchez -> Gabbiadini & Martial for -8... talk me out of it, please?

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

This is supposed to be the most delicious transfer possible, the the proper one-week punt before wildcarding, but there's just no-one really appealing that much. :?

DDG (SWA)
Alonso (EVE) Davies (ARS) Evans (LEI)
Sanchez (tot) Alli (ARS) King (sun) Zaha (BUR)
Rashford (SWA) Lukaku (CHE) Kane (ARS)
Subs: Siggy (utd) Baines (CHE) Holebas (LIV)

No idea who to punt on out of that lot. I want to play Alonson (ownership and attacking potential) and Evans, so I guess a defender in case Davies doesn't play (Rose almost back) in what's a pretty tough fixture anyway. But it seems so lame to use that punt on a defender! Lukaku could also go, but no strikers appeal that much really.

TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

Post by TopMarx »

fairly convincing case for Gabbi made on FPL https://www.premierleague.com/news/377296?sf73690745=1 thinking Negredo to Gabbi and/or Siggy to Hazard. Also interested to see how Jesus and Aguero get on this evening. Can't have them all though! Don't have my WC left so not looking at punts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TopMarx wrote:Fairly convincing case for Gabbi made on FPL https://www.premierleague.com/news/377296?sf73690745=1 and thinking Negredo to Gabbi and/or Siggy to Hazard. Also interested to see how Jesus and Aguero get on this evening. Can't have them all though!
Is that a convincing case? I see no mention of the heavily demanding fixture schedule, the fixture difficulty, the fact that Southampton are a mid-table team with little riding on their results or the strong likelihood of rotation. 4 games in 10 days (or 5 games in 2 weeks) isn't my idea of an encouraging GW36-38 schedule, especially not when the next 5 games are against teams struggling to avoid relegation (Hull, Boro) or fighting for a top 4 finish (Liverpool, Arsenal, United).

As a matter of interest, Southampton had a similarly stressed fixture run over Xmas/New Year. Puel complained of tiredness in his players and made 4-6 changes every game over a period of 6 PL games.

Hull this weekend at St Mary's is the biggest attraction; the need for rotation hasn't kicked in yet and Gabbiadini should start. He's probably one of the better striker options for this week (though I'd prefer Benteke, for example). But after that? Not for me.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Debating on doing one of the following:

OUT: Rashford and Davies (Everton)
IN: Afobe and 9.3m (Alli? Coutinho?)

OUT: Rashford and Davies (Everton)
IN: Gabbiadini and Sane (Walcott or Siggy would be the alternative)

OUT: Rashford
IN: Costa

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I'd like to get rid of Sigurdsson or Son (or both) - but who for?

I'm tempted just to roll tbh, there aren't really any stand out players I don't have.

TopMarx
Treebeard
FS Record: Two top 5k finishes in last five seasons

Post by TopMarx »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Hull this weekend at St Mary's is the biggest attraction; the need for rotation hasn't kicked in yet and Gabbiadini should start. He's probably one of the better striker options for this week (though I'd prefer Benteke, for example). But after that? Not for me.
Fairly convincing I said but point taken! This is probably my weakness as an FPL manager - I tend to get excited by the fixture in the upcoming gameweek (e.g. Negredo!) and not look in much detail beyond; I decided to see the attractiveness of the two DGWs and not dig deeper. This can also be a problem with those FPL articles, not always balanced.

The article mentioned Hull's poor defensive stats, while they might be fighting relegation they have been poor on the road and I don't expect them to improve beyond all recognition. I agree Benteke is a good option for this week too, the lack of a DGW puts me off.

Southampton fixtures GW35 to 37:

Saturday (HUL) - a week later, Sunday (liv) - Wednesday (ARS) - Saturday (mid) - Wednesday (MAN)

Can a case be made for Southampton with their hard upcoming fixtures?

Gabbi should have had a hat-trick against Man U in the league cup final - will he / the team want some sort of revenge? Will they benefit from Man U's rotation? (Man U play on the Sunday before their DGW37 fixture rather than the Saturday)

Does the fact they are playing teams that need to win mean the matches will be more open and attacking?

Even with hard fixtures, if the matches are going to end 4-2 like the Chelsea match then at least that is good from an attacking pov. Were you at the match? How did Gabbi look?

Also it's not quite as bad as New Year when they had three games over six days (Wednesday - Saturday - Monday), the hardest schedule of any team.

I'm clutching at straws! the lack of real motivation for Southampton is a problem.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I've got 2 FT's. Debating whether to stick or twist with Sanchez.

Pedro :arrow: Sane is a definite

The others I'm considering are;

Valencia :arrow: Clichy

Sanchez :arrow: Eriksen/someone around that price range

Valdes :arrow: De Gea

Barnes :arrow: Benteke/Gabbi/Jesus

I don't really want to shift Valencia before Swansea (H) but the chances are really high he's going to be rotated for this fixture anyway.

What are peoples thoughts on Sanchez? This is a really tough call at this stage. Definitely need some help deciding.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:What are peoples thoughts on Sanchez? This is a really tough call at this stage. Definitely need some help deciding.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124232&p=3044923#p3044923

There will be a lot of Sanchez (C) and Sanchez (TC) going on in GW36 & 37 and they are both doubles. I think that has to at least be be taken into account.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
TopMarx wrote:Fairly convincing case for Gabbi made on FPL https://www.premierleague.com/news/377296?sf73690745=1 and thinking Negredo to Gabbi and/or Siggy to Hazard. Also interested to see how Jesus and Aguero get on this evening. Can't have them all though!
Is that a convincing case? I see no mention of the heavily demanding fixture schedule, the fixture difficulty, the fact that Southampton are a mid-table team with little riding on their results or the strong likelihood of rotation. 4 games in 10 days (or 5 games in 2 weeks) isn't my idea of an encouraging GW36-38 schedule, especially not when the next 5 games are against teams struggling to avoid relegation (Hull, Boro) or fighting for a top 4 finish (Liverpool, Arsenal, United).

As a matter of interest, Southampton had a similarly stressed fixture run over Xmas/New Year. Puel complained of tiredness in his players and made 4-6 changes every game over a period of 6 PL games.

Hull this weekend at St Mary's is the biggest attraction; the need for rotation hasn't kicked in yet and Gabbiadini should start. He's probably one of the better striker options for this week (though I'd prefer Benteke, for example). But after that? Not for me.
Not Gabbi, but Ruth, I'm interested in your views on Costa. I thought he was excellent against Southampton and wouldn't be getting him in this week, but if I do want him it might affect my transfers this week.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Sutter Kane wrote:Not like goalies get tired.
Tired of sitting on the bench :lol:

Negredo :arrow: Vardy for 1 week. Brunt :arrow: Sakho was going to be my other transfer but for his unfortunate injury. Now I feel exposed having Lukaku v Alonso and Vardy v Brunt although it is very possible for both Lukaku and Alonso to get attacking points.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Ok, now WD, 2 free transfers and need to set myself up for the remainder of the season.

Here's my team:

Pickford, Jakupovic
Barragan, Baines, Valencia, Davies, Mawson
Hazard, Siggy, Zaha, Sanchez, Alli
Origi, Kane, Lukaku

Any suggestions? Can't really go for a punt, looking for long-term.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Owsler wrote:Ok, now WD, 2 free transfers and need to set myself up for the remainder of the season.

Here's my team:

Pickford, Jakupovic
Origi, Kane, Lukaku

Do you plan to get any more Arsenal or Southampton coverage?

kung_yoda
Wideboy

Post by kung_yoda »

Gabbi or Benteke?
I still have my wc, so this is only for GW35.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Owsler wrote:Ok, now WD, 2 free transfers and need to set myself up for the remainder of the season.

Here's my team:

Pickford, Jakupovic
Origi, Kane, Lukaku

Do you plan to get any more Arsenal or Southampton coverage?
Possibly defensive coverage, but not keen on any attacking players from Arsenal and not keen on all the rotation talk at Southampton.

I'd like to get Costa in without removing Kane or Lukaku and then there's Sane and possibly Jesus instead of Aguero...

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Owsler wrote:
I'd like to get Costa in without removing Kane or Lukaku and then there's Sane and possibly Jesus instead of Aguero...
Good luck with that ;)

Davies to Yoshida frees up a bit of cash. Davies is shortly a rotation risk himself and I suspect Yoshida is the least likely Saints to be rotated.

is someone like Monreal affordable?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”