To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Alexis Sanchez

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
elliot
Treebeard

Alexis Sanchez

Post by elliot »

With Arsenal appearing to have ended their season early, is it time to get rid of Alexis Sanchez?
Returns of 2,3,2 from MCI, WHU, cry respectively from a player who costs 11.6m are not good enough.

His next fixtures are mid, LEI before two DGWs in 35/36 and 37. Should we be ignoring fixtures when Arsenal are playing so badly? These Arsenal performances are reminiscent of Chelsea last season, and Leicester this season, before their managers were sacked. The players look to have thrown in the towel as soon as the going gets tough.

Who else could be brought in for him?
Hazard is away at Manchester United but still looks more likely to get something than Sanchez away at Boro.
I already have Alli but I would certainly bring him in for Sanchez if I didn't have him at this stage. At home to leaky Bournemouth and on fire, he is a must have.
Zaha could be worth a shout with Palace having won 5 of their last 6 games, and at home to a Leicester side who will surely be resting their players for the Champions League quarter final, followed by a DGW and then Burnley at home.
Is it too late to bring in King? He continues to score every game and has a very nice run of fixtures weeks 34-37.
Will Son continue to play despite Kane's returns? Surely his form is too good for him to be dropped just yet?
Eriksen is still getting good scores in a Spurs side who are currently the most free-flowing attacking force in the league.

If a hit is required to get rid of him, is it worth holding on, or is it simply time to go?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I'm expecting Sanchez to start up front vs Boro in light of Arsenals failures vs CPL. Giving him this last fixture. Either way I'm moving him :arrow: Zaha, then Barnes :arrow: Ibra. GW34

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

I don't think he's worth a hit to get rid of. Wenger could revert to playing Sanchez up top in the next run of games, which would hugely increase his points potential. If for a FT then Hazard/Eriksen/Alli look far better picks at this stage.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

He had 4 shots in the box. Don't get rid of him now, a haul is coming and he has two dgw's.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

How shite were Arsenal?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

blahblah wrote:How shite were Arsenal?
They were generally quite poor. They didn't deserve to lose 3-0 though. 2-1 would have been fairer but a loss is a loss. Sanchez could easily have notched a goal or assist and was Arsenal's best player imo. I think he'll be up front next game and hopefully do something vs Boro which means he'll be up top in GW34 as well. Can't understand Wenger's lack of tactical nous. Half way through the first half it was clear the cutting edge wasn't likely to be there to beat a well drilled Sakho and company.

I think Koscielny is a huge loss in terms of a leader, oganiser and motivator at the back. No first choice keeper is also further damaging their defensive understanding. Combine that with the fact that Palace were excellent in pressing from minute 1 to minute 90 and there's the impending defeat.

Not worth a hit in any case to remove Sanchez with his fixtures/DGW.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Sutter Kane wrote:
They were generally quite poor. They didn't deserve to lose 3-0 though. 2-1 would have been fairer but a loss is a loss. Sanchez could easily have notched a goal or assist and was Arsenal's best player imo. I think he'll be up front next game and hopefully do something vs Boro which means he'll be up top in GW34 as well. Can't understand Wenger's lack of tactical nous. Half way through the first half it was clear the cutting edge wasn't likely to be there to beat a well drilled Sakho and company.

I think Koscielny is a huge loss in terms of a leader, oganiser and motivator at the back. No first choice keeper is also further damaging their defensive understanding. Combine that with the fact that Palace were excellent in pressing from minute 1 to minute 90 and there's the impending defeat.

Good summary SK. Sanchez did fine in the first half but was pretty anonymous in the second. The question for me is not Sanchez but the rest of the team who were varying shades of awful. They desperately need Kos back, but they also need a spark otherwise Sanchez will be feeding on scraps. Can't imagine Middlesborough pressing as well as Palace nor having the energy up front. I'm on wildcard and tempted to stick with Sanchez over Hazard purely on the basis that this season I have repeatedly hopped from one player to another just as the first player scores and the second hits a leaner patch. Having said that the date of the Southampton v Arsenal game will probably be the deciding factor. It it is GW35, I'll probably stick with Sanchez, if it is GW36, I may go with Hazard as by GW36 I plan to have both.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Gotta keep for the doubles Shirley.

Hopefully a rejig of the team will help him out. The return of Welbeck has stifled him

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: Can't understand Wenger's lack of tactical nous. Half way through the first half it was clear the cutting edge wasn't likely to be there to beat a well drilled Sakho and company.
He hasn't had a Plan B (shite band) for years? (Admittedly he did flirt with Giroud up top, with wide players putting in crosses.)

I struggle to understand why he didn't get the boot last summer, when he couldn't finish above Leicester with the rest of the Big Clubs going AWOL. A once great manager looking stupid\senile... (Boxers tend to get one bad thumping when they are past it and retire...)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:The question for me is not Sanchez but the rest of the team who were varying shades of awful.
Yep, this is my "issue".

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

I slightly disagree with the assessment that he was Arsenals' best player. Bellerin was very good going forward but largely due to Sanchez's diagonal balls, which will likely lead to Sanchez assisting the assister if he continues to play in this fashion. Arsenal for me are a sell at the moment, even with an extra game over everyone except Saints, I can't find a reason to hold. Sanchez is no good in a double if he doesn't return any points. Their season is petering out and they have nothing to play for as they clearly won't finish 4th

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Bellerin's pace often gets him out of trouble but he messed up defensively on at least 2 occasion - perhaps that's because he's usually got Koscielny in there. Sanchez was trying his best to makes thing happen and got around the whole pitch (I saw him at RB at one point). I take your point though, it might be one of those games where it's difficult to rate the Arsenal team in some order because they lost 3-0.

Well the top 4 appears to be looking like Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. However I don't exactly see Man C storming away from the others (I think the other 3 are nailed for top4). Man C last 2 games are relatively straightforward but from now until then isn't that great with the FA Cup in there too. If they draw with Man U at home, then it'll be more interesting for Arsenal. Arsenal need to win at least 6 of their remaining 8 games, including Man U at home to give themselves a chance. They can do it with Sanchez up front and their other players back.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Keeping.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

I'm loathe to sell him as you're just inviting a 20-pt haul. I can feel it in my bones, it'll happen if I sell him.

But honestly, he wasn't good last night. As others have said, it wasn't just his fault - the bigger problem is that Arsenal as a whole are playing terrible, and he's been shifted out to LW.

Watching him at LW, he seems to do one of four things:
- Cut back onto right, look for reverse pass to the overlapping LB (assisting the assister)
- Cut back onto right, look for diagonal ball to Bellerin (assisting the assister)
- Cut back onto right, try and get a shot off, but everyone knows how right-footed he is and are ready to try block
- Try and take the ball left and to the byline and get a cross in

Given that I will wildcard before Arsenal's double, I think I might ship him out now in order to facilitate Kane/Coutinho for the next three weeks. He can come back if they look better before the doubles.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Keeping for now.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Me too. I'd obviously much prefer him up top and for Arsenal to be playing better, but there's bigger fish to fry relating to my team (e.g. Kane, impending doublers) to worry about a player I'll very likely have from the GW35/36 WC till the end anyway.

Still on pens (unless maybe Giroud is on), still their biggest threat, still the least likely player (possibly in the whole game?) to be rotated over two DGWs.

Arsenal were shocking yesterday though.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Having removed him in GW26 when Arsenal were facing 2 blanks in 3 weeks, I swerved bringing him back a few weeks back (despite having the cash to bring him in on a FT) and got Hazard instead. My main reason was the state Arsenal are in, it has been evident for weeks that they are imploding. Sanchez playing wide only adds another reason to avoid, he has never been the same value (and is definitively not worth 11.6m) when playing wide. He has to get into central zones to do his best work (from a FPL perspective) and he only gets to do that on a reliable basis when:
  1. he is playing #9;
  2. he is playing #10;
  3. he is playing wide with Walcott as striker (they interchange a lot), or;
  4. he is playing wide but Arsenal are in such a dominant run of form that he's getting into the killing zone a lot anyway.
None of those conditions apply right now. Sanchez is a very important player for FPL so I have studied this quite carefully over seasons. Don't ask me for stats and numbers because I don't work that way. But that's my empirical assessment; I don't ask anyone else to accept it but offer it in case anyone is interested.

It is worth noting that Sanchez himself is in good form. His performances for Chile in the recent international break were tremendous. And he can always get a haul, even playing for a poor team; he's that good a player. But I am content that he's not worth 11.6m as things stand, hauls don't really matter (unless captained), it's the net points accrued divided by number of games in your team that matter.

Fortunately I still have the wildcard and will probably use it before Arsenal's first DGW. I'll review again then.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

This is a really tough call. I daresay picking Sanchez or not is the biggest decision of the late season wildcard.

It's tough to own him right now, but he's one of those guys where things can change in a single game. Form is temporary. If Wenger reverts to playing him up top he'll be the first name on everyone's team sheet. I remember people at the beginning of the season saying that Lukaku was in woeful form, and then he scored a hat trick against Sunderland. Sometimes you just have to trust in world class talent to shine through. I'm holding for now.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Turd Ferguson wrote:This is a really tough call. I daresay picking Sanchez or not is the biggest decision of the late season wildcard.

It's tough to own him right now, but he's one of those guys where things can change in a single game. Form is temporary. If Wenger reverts to playing him up top he'll be the first name on everyone's team sheet. I remember people at the beginning of the season saying that Lukaku was in woeful form, and then he scored a hat trick against Sunderland. Sometimes you just have to trust in world class talent to shine through. I'm holding for now.
The stats suggested Lukaku was a ticking bomb. Which he was.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Alexis Sanchez

Post by eastcentral1 »

Sutter Kane wrote:

Sanchez had some shots in the first half. But as Arsenal struggled more and more, he came deeper and deeper and for much of the game he was in no position to gain fpl points. Unless Arsenal improve, that's a worrying sign.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Im keeping for now but if Wenger keeps playing him wide i'll get rid.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:This is a really tough call. I daresay picking Sanchez or not is the biggest decision of the late season wildcard.

The stats suggested Lukaku was a ticking bomb. Which he was.
I remember people being very pessimistic about Lukaku, so I had to go back and check. Lukaku had only played the full 90 minutes in one game before the Sunderland hattie, a 1-0 win against Stoke. He had four shots, three in the box.

Against Crystal Palace, Sanchez had four shots, all of them in the box.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

If Wenger plays him up front ....thats the question I've sold out as it allowed me to do hazard and Kane in

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
I remember people being very pessimistic about Lukaku, so I had to go back and check. Lukaku had only played the full 90 minutes in one game before the Sunderland hattie, a 1-0 win against Stoke. He had four shots, three in the box.

Against Crystal Palace, Sanchez had four shots, all of them in the box.
4 shots in the box vs CPL isn't too bad.

Lukakus international form is why I brought him in that GW vs SUN. He had bagged a few goals on international duty.

As for Sanchez. I think he might get a haul this weekend. Seems like a bad idea to drop him before this fixture.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

I want to hold but the lure of getting Zaha in for his double is quite tempting, even if it means taking a hit

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:As for Sanchez. I think he might get a haul this weekend. Seems like a bad idea to drop him before this fixture.
There is always that possibility with Sanchez. Personally I'm glad not to have that decision to make. I wouldn't advise anyone to bring Sanchez in right now but whether I'd sell him if I had him is a far more tricky question. It would depend on what I'd be doing with the cash released - Sanchez, Barnes :arrow: Milivojevic, Kane for example would look like a positive move to me.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Rich2086 wrote:Im keeping for now but if Wenger keeps playing him wide i'll get rid.
+1

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

redchemist wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:Im keeping for now but if Wenger keeps playing him wide i'll get rid.
+1
The decision time being when?

YourMumsModesty
Treebeard
FS Record: 2019/20: 33,413

Post by YourMumsModesty »

I already regret going with the crowd and captaining him when my gut told me to captain Alli in GW31 and then again holding on to him when I had a feeling Palace would win 1-0 and Aguero and Ibrahimovic looked dead certs to return in GW32.

Sanchez is a massive risk right now and I think the DGWs are leading people up the garden path. I think Wenger's leaving him on the wing to spite him and now is not the time to keep the faith in an £11.6m winger in a side struggling for form, especially when there are much better ways to use those funds in Aguero and Ibrahimovic and Kane who wants to get into form to win his side the Cup and get himself the golden boot.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

blahblah wrote:
redchemist wrote:
+1
The decision time being when?
If Wenger does not play him up front against Boro, then frankly it's goodbye from me.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”