To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Liverpools fixtures for the rest of the season.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Liverpools fixtures for the rest of the season.

Post by ZeroRemorse »

:lol:
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 26 Mar 2017, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Liverpools fixture for the rest of the season.

Post by Oxford NZ »

I always believe what I read on the internet. :oops:

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

@ZeroRemorse... too much Pukatea bark? :wink:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

A pool defender is tempting... but I had Lovren for however long and got about 2 clean sheets from like 15 games or so

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

cesc408 wrote:A pool defender is tempting... but I had Lovren for however long and got about 2 clean sheets from like 15 games or so
It isn't: thankfully Clyne did get a few attacking points....

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Image

I'm glad this was made because that's why I'm not 100% keen on retaining my liverpool mids.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Re: Liverpools fixtures for the rest of the season.

Post by OIEIAO »

They have a good run and could provide some decent returns whilst everyone is going crazy to maximize DGW players. I'd be tempted to hold their players and perhaps only ditch them for 37 and 38.

However I'd love to see some evidence of team form soon because they have been frustratingly poor against these supposedly lesser sides.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Liverpool play a game suited against teams that attack them, ie they press high and leave space for them to exploit on the break.

I see a run like that and all i see is a load of parked buses, and more reason to sell.

If they had a run against City Arsenal and Chelsea of be far more inclined to buy.

Brom Palace and Stoke, how much space will they leave?

Diddly

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Billy Bongo wrote:Liverpool play a game suited against teams that attack them, ie they press high and leave space for them to exploit on the break.

I see a run like that and all i see is a load of parked buses, and more reason to sell.

If they had a run against City Arsenal and Chelsea of be far more inclined to buy.

Diddly

I agree with this.

Only thing I would add is that Bournemouth are incapable of parking the bus so I think Liverpool players are worth holding until after GW31, actually think that Mane/Firmino look the standout C options in GW31, more so than Sanchez H v West Ham. Can see West Ham taking something from an Arsenal team in disarray, Liverpool will put four past Bournemouth.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Billy Bongo wrote:Liverpool play a game suited against teams that attack them, ie they press high and leave space for them to exploit on the break.

Diddly

Maybe - but in the first game against these nine sides Liverpool scored 25 times (nearly 3 a game). In fact they only failed to score at least twice on two occasions (Southampton and Everton) and they scored more than 3, three times.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Liverpool's problems are generally defensive rather than offensive .

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

math! wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Image

I'm glad this was made because that's why I'm not 100% keen on retaining my liverpool mids.

I'm not getting the joke here. the fixtures are straight forward (despite Liverpool being pants against the pants clubs). there juat aren't enough fixtures compared to other Clubs.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Liverpool's problems are generally defensive rather than offensive .
I thought they looked clueless against City (who are meant to be bad defensivley too of course). I just feel that if one of the lower standing clubs put in a proper shift we could see similar results. Then again I could be uncharacteristically pessimistic.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: Liverpools fixtures for the rest of the season.

Post by Billy Bongo »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Diddly

Maybe - but in the first game against these nine sides Liverpool scored 25 times (nearly 3 a game). In fact they only failed to score at least twice on two occasions (Southampton and Everton) and they scored more than 3, three times.

And then teams realised they had to sit deep.

Dont get me wrong Liverpool will score, but imo it's not going to be gung ho 3 a game, and then you have to pick the right mid.

It's end of the season, teams trying to secure safety and sitting deep against them, they know not to leave space for their forwards, unlike earlier in the season.

Im just saying those fixtures may not be the goal fest everyone thinks, particularly when you consider you have to ignore mids from other teams with more fixtures

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

I'm comfortable leaving either Mane or Firmino in my team until I wildcard and expect them to score well over the next four or five games. I agree that come the doubles in GW35+ there are probably better options but at the moment there is no urgent need to dump Liverpool midfielders. Firmino was only ever in my team short-term and he is going to become Sanchez after the Bournemouth game but Mane I'm happy to hold for the moment.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote: I'm not getting the joke here. the fixtures are straight forward (despite Liverpool being pants against the pants clubs). there juat aren't enough fixtures compared to other Clubs.
You said you don't get the joke, then in the next sentence you get it. :idea:

Liverpool have got 20 points from their games vs top 6 opposition this season, but managed only 19 vs bottom 6 opposition this season.

Which means they find the bad teams tougher than the good. So that's why the colours are reversed in the picture I posted.

They have lost to the likes of Hull, Swansea, Bournemouth, Burnley, Leicester. While not losing a single game to opoosition in the top 7.

That is the joke..

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

ZeroRemorse wrote:
blahblah wrote: I'm not getting the joke here. the fixtures are straight forward (despite Liverpool being pants against the pants clubs). there juat aren't enough fixtures compared to other Clubs.

Liverpool have got 20 points from their games vs top 6 opposition this season, but managed only 19 vs bottom 6 opposition this season.

Which means they find the bad teams tougher than the good. So that's why the colours are reversed in the picture I posted.

They have lost to the likes of Hull, Swansea, Bournemouth, Burnley, Leicester. While not losing a single game to opoosition in the top 7.

That is the joke..
What about mid-table sides though? In the next six games they only have 1 fixture against anyone in the bottom 6 - the rest are against mid-table sides ;)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:

That is the joke..
What about mid-table sides though? In the next six games they only have 1 fixture against anyone in the bottom 6 - the rest are against mid-table sides ;)

Thanks I read 39 points and thought they have more than that....

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: What about mid-table sides though? In the next six games they only have 1 fixture against anyone in the bottom 6 - the rest are against mid-table sides ;)
I think this is a case of kill the joke by nit-picking it and over thinking it. :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Me. Overthink? Never ;)

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I realise this started as a thread poking fun at Liverpool's inability to pick up points against the supposed weaker teams in the division and also that the phrase 'wouldn't buy but wouldn't sell' is likely the prevailing wisdom if you hold one Pool midfielder currently, but I had some time on my hands and I'm a Coutinho owner...

As FPL managers it's not PL points we need to worry about, but FPL points. Well duh, tell me something I don't know Dino. Well, when considering Liverpool as an attacking force they do better against the bottom six than they do against the middle seven, who they subsequently do better against than they do against the top six.

tl; dr: Liverpool create more shots and take more shots in the box (on average), the 'worse' the opposition are.

Stat attack: League average for teams is roughly 13 shots per game with a little over 4 on target. (Source: Statsbomb)

Liverpool vs the top six (+ Everton):

Matches this season: 11
Total shots: 135
Total shots in the box: 96
Total shots on target: 49
Shots/Shots in the box/Shots on target average per match: 12.2/8.72/4.45

71.11% of overall shots are shots in the box
36.29% of overall shots are shots on target

Notes: Man City (at Anfield) restricted Liverpool to a season-low three shots in the box, United (four) and Chelsea (four) both at Anfield, restricted Liverpool to four shots in the box.

Liverpool vs the middle seven (WBA to Watford inclusive):

Matches this season: 8
Total shots: 149
Total shots in the box: 93
Total shots on target: 46
Shots/Shots in the box/shots on target average per match: 18.6/11.625/5.75

62.5% of overall shots are shots in the box
30.87% of overall shots are shots on target

Notes: Burnley (twice), B’Mouth and Southampton restricted Liverpool to fewer than 10 shots in the box.

Liverpool vs the bottom six:

Matches this season: 10
Total Shots: 202
Total Shots in the box: 122
Total Shots on target: 82
Shots/Shots in the box/Shots on target average per match: 20.2/12.2/8.2

60% of overall shots are shots in the box
40.5% of shots are shots on target

Notes: The only side in the current bottom six to restrict Liverpool to fewer than 10 shots in the box this season are Leicester (at Anfield).

You can interpret these stats as you will, but I think the key takeaway is that Liverpool create more shots and take more shots in the box (on average), the 'worse the opposition. Despite Liverpool’s poor results against the bottom half, it’s only Burnley who’ve really choked Liverpool by parking the bus. They're far more potent in chance creation and quality chance creation against sides outside of the big six. Matches against Watford, WBA and West Ham, in particular, look favourable. Don’t panic!

*Source for the S/SITB/SOT figures are a combo of BBC/FFS.
Last edited by dino1980 on 28 Mar 2017, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Since when did shots equal points. Real or fantasy.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

SITB has been shown to be a strong correlation to FPL attacking points. Possibly the strongest single indictor of all (I think, it's in a number of articles somewhere, I can't be bothered to google that right now though).

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

dino1980 wrote:SITB has been shown to be a strong correlation to FPL attacking points. Possibly the strongest single indictor of all (I think, it's in a number of articles somewhere, I can't be bothered to google that right now though).
Stronger than actual points?

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

I don't care about past points, I care about future points.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I do know that SITB is a very strong indicator when it comes to the likelihood of scoring points in future games. Livepool are playing against teams in which the trend looks like they'll have a lot of shots and shots in the box, well above average at any rate. The above data might not help you at all and might seem worthless, but I did this research because I was wondering if I wanted to keep Coutinho or not and that decision impacted my transfers for this week. After doing this research I do. It's helped me out and I thought it might help out a couple of people who'd posted in this thread and said they were undecided about what to do with their Livrepool assets.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

dino1980 wrote: After doing this research I do. It's helped me out and I thought it might help out a couple of people who'd posted in this thread and said they were undecided about what to do with their Livrepool assets.
Thanks for sharing this dino, I found it very helpful.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

dino1980 wrote:I don't care about past points, I care about future points.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I do know that SITB is a very strong indicator when it comes to the likelihood of scoring points in future games. Livepool are playing against teams in which the trend looks like they'll have a lot of shots and shots in the box, well above average at any rate. The above data might not help you at all and might seem worthless, but I did this research because I was wondering if I wanted to keep Coutinho or not and that decision impacted my transfers for this week. After doing this research I do. It's helped me out and I thought it might help out a couple of people who'd posted in this thread and said they were undecided about what to do with their Livrepool assets.
You don't care about past points but you love a certain stat because it has a reasonable correlation with past points. OK......

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Shots against these teams tend to be from further out

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Lallana picked up an injury on England duty. This will severely disrupt LFC & their goal threat. Hendo is close to match fitness.

I'm thinking about shifting Mane, too many question marks now for his price tag. Replacement probably Hazard.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

How are LFC player owners feeling about them after Lallana's injury?

I'm seriously concerned.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”