To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

When will Chelsea win the league & rotation.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: When will Chelsea win the league & rotation.

Post by dino1980 »

thesilkworm wrote:Ruth - Leicester were presented the trophy after their home game with Everton game last year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36176623

I don't know if this means Chelsea will receive the trophy against Watford. They might just wait till Sunderland since they finish the season with two home games, unlike Leicester last year. All assuming they beat West Brom of course.

I'm concerned about rotation, but at this stage I don't think there's a great deal that can be done for those who have gone Chelsea heavy on wildcard. Maybe with one free transfer and no other issues it would be worth making a switch, but a hit doesn't seem worthwhile. I certainly wouldn't be bringing Chelsea players in at this stage, but I will hold onto at least 2 of the 3 I have.
On the FFS podcast tonight, Mark Sutherns indicated that Chelsea would definitely be getting the trophy in GW38. 34 minutes 50 seconds in FYI

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: When will Chelsea win the league & rotation.

Post by Billy Bongo »

dino1980 wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Ruth - Leicester were presented the trophy after their home game with Everton game last year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36176623

I don't know if this means Chelsea will receive the trophy against Watford. They might just wait till Sunderland since they finish the season with two home games, unlike Leicester last year. All assuming they beat West Brom of course.

I'm concerned about rotation, but at this stage I don't think there's a great deal that can be done for those who have gone Chelsea heavy on wildcard. Maybe with one free transfer and no other issues it would be worth making a switch, but a hit doesn't seem worthwhile. I certainly wouldn't be bringing Chelsea players in at this stage, but I will hold onto at least 2 of the 3 I have.
On the FFS podcast tonight, Mark Sutherns indicated that Chelsea would definitely be getting the trophy in GW38. 34 minutes 50 seconds in FYI
So doesn't matter really, they'll play v brom, a few more rests v Watford and the rest get Sunderland with 3 more playing 50 mins given standing ovations , Luiz Hazard Kante maybe

Either way you just have to keep your Chelskis and hope for the best

Sent from mobile

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Chelsea apparently can break the record for most wins if they win all 3 left. Factor?

Sent from mobile

theplayer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3rd overall FPL 2010/11

Post by theplayer »

Chelsea would get the guard of honour v Watford wouldn't they? If they win v WBA that is. Not sure if this would factor into the lineup but you'd have thought after winning the title, Conte would want to give most of his first team a start straight after winning the title, especially in front of their own fans.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

I'm tempted to add Luiz to Azpi and Alonso this week for the DGW. Any thoughts if he is any more likely to get rested than the other defenders? Like the idea of treble Chelsea defence for wba WAT

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

theplayer wrote:Chelsea would get the guard of honour v Watford wouldn't they? If they win v WBA that is. Not sure if this would factor into the lineup but you'd have thought after winning the title, Conte would want to give most of his first team a start straight after winning the title, especially in front of their own fans.
Fa have confirmed trophy will be awarded v sunderland

Sent from mobile

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Billy Bongo wrote:
theplayer wrote:Chelsea would get the guard of honour v Watford wouldn't they? If they win v WBA that is. Not sure if this would factor into the lineup but you'd have thought after winning the title, Conte would want to give most of his first team a start straight after winning the title, especially in front of their own fans.
Fa have confirmed trophy will be awarded v sunderland

Sent from mobile
Guard of honour and trophy presentation aren't necessarily on the same day. Tradition dictates that the guard of honour is done in the match immediately after clinching the title I believe.

I think as you said a few posts up Bongo, hold and hope for the best is going to be the way to go.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Right, well this one I do know. The guard of honour is typically given at every game after a team has won the PL for the rest of the season. Chelsea certainly did it for Leicester last season after the trophy had been awarded the week before.

The trophy presentation is the big thing, though. I would guess it's done at the last home game that team has in the season (unless they don't have one left of course).

My opinion is still that the Watford game is the one where rotation is most likely (assuming the PL is won by then). I have just done Hazard :arrow: KDB, partly for that reason.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Haz to KDB is a good move regardless tbh, I'd do it anyway.

Batshoes is missing in action so Costs should be ok, Pedro could be at risk and of course I'm sure Luis needs a break for Terry, and Azpil might get a break for Ake, who knows

Sent from mobile

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Ruth_NZ wrote: My opinion is still that the Watford game is the one where rotation is most likely (assuming the PL is won by then). I have just done Hazard :arrow: KDB, partly for that reason.
Think I'll do Hazard and Barnes :arrow: Sané and Jesus (possible cap if Huth and Morgan are out). Will force me to get rid of Stones too, as I have Caballero, but I'd likely do that anyway. Also Gibson and Valencia are very likely worth replacing. Hits :shock:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Is it worth taking a hit to remove Hazard for De Bruyne? I feel it might be, just can't see Hazard featuring heavily in both fixtures.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Is it worth taking a hit to remove Hazard for De Bruyne? I feel it might be, just can't see Hazard featuring heavily in both fixtures.
It's a hard one to be sure on. We are mainly assuming that Chelsea will win tonight but they may not. If they don't then they will go into the Watford game still needing a win, in which case Hazard will almost certainly start both games. And then on the other side there is some possibility that KDB will be rested - I don't think so but you can't discount it completely.

On balance I wouldn't do that move for a hit unless I definitely wanted to captain KDB.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Is it worth taking a hit to remove Hazard for De Bruyne? I feel it might be, just can't see Hazard featuring heavily in both fixtures.
It's a hard one to be sure on. We are mainly assuming that Chelsea will win tonight but they may not. If they don't then they will go into the Watford game still needing a win, in which case Hazard will almost certainly start both games. And then on the other side there is some possibility that KDB will be rested - I don't think so but you can't discount it completely.

On balance I wouldn't do that move for a hit unless I definitely wanted to captain KDB.
The other side of this is that if Chelsea don't win tonight, it's unlikely that they'll have scored more than once.

I took Hazard out for De Bruyne, but it was more for tactical reasons in a mini league context than anything else.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

bigcliff2 wrote:The other side of this is that if Chelsea don't win tonight, it's unlikely that they'll have scored more than once.
True. But the Watford game is the carrot that's dangling so near but yet so far. If Chelsea still need a win I could see them scoring 6 in that game. By taking Hazard out (which I have) I'm basically betting that Chelsea get the job done tonight. :|

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

And the other angle of course is that Chelsea could not win tonight and still win the league before they play Watford...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I upgraded King to Fabregas, just a wee punt, I think Fabs going to get some good game time and be involved heavily.

Decided to leave Hazard. I think if I get my captain right I will be fine. The bench boost is solid to.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

ZeroRemorse wrote:I upgraded King to Fabregas, just a wee punt, I think Fabs going to get some good game time and be involved heavily.

Decided to leave Hazard. I think if I get my captain right I will be fine. The bench boost is solid to.
Yeah, I brought in Fab too. I don't think he'll start the West Brom game, but they should win that and he'll come on for maybe 20-30 mins towards the end. Then as they'd have won the league I reckon he'll play the full 90 the next game.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I'm honestly not sure removing Hazard is as clear cut as many seem to think. First of all, Chelsea have to win tonight (highly likely, but not a given), and secondly, can we really be confident of who Conte will rest and who he will play vs Watford? Is KDB really an upgrade this GW?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes I agree. Even though Chelsea have it wrapped up now, Hazard may still get minutes in the next game and if he doesn't get a decent run-out, then surely he starts vs Sunderland where he's a potential captain.

That said, I can see wholesale changes (of players who've played a lot of minutes this season) against Watford now. Alonso not playing would help me a lot given the damage he's inflicted already!

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

It will be interesting to see if players like Ake, Begovic, Batsman, Chalobah, Zouma, RLC will play against Watford. JT is a dead cert for Sunderland surely and will be my (C).

Must not forget the FA Cup final and how Conte will prepare for it. I have to read Stemania's post about Juventus again.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

This is a real tough one going into the last GW - I have Cahill and Costa... If they had a less favourable fixture it would be much easier and I'd probably do Costa to Sturridge ...

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Chelsea team for Monday night
Begovic
Aina Zouma Terry Ake Alonso
Chabolah Fabregas
Kennedy Willian
Batshuayi

My prediction and yes I only have Alonso!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Hmmm, I'll have a go, for the craic...

Begović; Zouma, Terry, Aké; Azpilicueta, Fàbregas, Loftus-Cheek, Alonso; Willian, Pedro; Batshuayi.

The main thing is that Alonso plays and hauls. Anything after that, I don't really care. :mrgreen:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Ideally Alonso would haul and Courtois, Azpi, Cahill, Luiz, Pedro, Hazard and Costa would blank. Surely that's not asking for too much...

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Word on the street is that there will be 4-5 changes for Chelsea with the likely fall-guys David Luiz, Matic, Hazard, Alonso and Costa. The obvious 4-5 guys to come in, no mystery men.

Oneofourown
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Dismal

Post by Oneofourown »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Ideally Alonso would haul and Courtois, Azpi, Cahill, Luiz, Pedro, Hazard and Costa would blank. Surely that's not asking for too much...
No, that sounds like a very reasonable request. Oh, and it would work out well for me as well...

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Valeron wrote:Word on the street is that there will be 4-5 changes for Chelsea with the likely fall-guys David Luiz, Matic, Hazard, Alonso and Costa. The obvious 4-5 guys to come in, no mystery men.
There isnt am obvious replacement for Alonso so that will be interesting

Sent from mobile

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Azpilcueta could play that side?

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

I'm very much depending on Alonso and Pedro blanking.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

I expect Azpi to play at the right back after a while, and I think Ake will replace Alonso for sure. Luiz and Cahil benched for sure, so the Chelsea team will look something like this:

Begovic
Azpilicueta, Terry, Zouma, Ake
Pedro, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Kennedy, Willian
Batshuayi,

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”