To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

When will Chelsea win the league & rotation.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
zophar
FS Record: FPL ID 5784

Re: When will Chelsea win the league & rotation.

Post by zophar »

Even if Chelsea win out and the gw 38 game is a dead rubber, I dont see Conte resting the likes of Costa, Hazard, Alonso for that.

Chelseas best case clincher game is Watford, the second game in the gw 37 double. Thats on the 16th of May. The FA cup final is on the 27th of May.

I dont think the players will be given 11 days off. At this stage better for them to get minutes to stay match sharp. 11 days rest is too much especially when the title has already been lifted so players will really slack off. I expect 60-70 min appearances with substitutions to milk the home crowd applause

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

I don't think the "appearances needed to get a medal" is much of an issue any longer. I think the number of appearances required is down to 5 these days (incl. off the bench), and even then the club has the possibility to request extra medals for those who haven't reached that number. So I don't think it is likely to be a valid reason for rotation.
Really, might as well give a medal to everyone with a squad number!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Threads on same topic merged.

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

Is it madness to consider going into these last 4 games without a Chelsea defender?
It's realistically going to take a hit to get one in, and although they have been conceding for fun the past few months, I could really see them reeling off 3-4 clean sheets in a row with these fixtures.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

No it's not madness at all. Chelsea have defenders in abundance - albeit inferior to their first choice. If they've won the league, it's certain there'll be rotation back there.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

One thing that seems to happen in FPL fora is the rampant over statement of rotation out of fear factor

It happens all the time, you reflect back and theres hardly any, Christmas a great example

Could do the other way, managers no need to rest anyone so just stick the players out and tell them to have some fun and the odd kid bloodied

Sent from mobile

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

That's all true. But it's still not madness as madness implies a seriously awful decision.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ive long since given up trying to second guess managers

Thank god Jose likes to brag he's given up at least we have a clue

Sent from mobile

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'm sure Willian will feature for either Hazard or Pedro, probably (hopefully) the latter.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

So if they win Friday, it's all over.

I am not liking Costa (moreso given that he seemed to cop a knock late tonight).

Fab is oddly enticing though (not just due to tonight's performance) - would Conte be prepared to give him minutes now, to "shop window" him for a summer transfer?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

We might not see big changes until 38 as the second DGW match is at home which should be the match where the trophy is awarded. GW38 I expect to see JT start along with Ake, Chalobah, RLC, and Begovic. JT is on 7 appearances and I think the minimum for a medal is 9 so he will likely make at least a subs appearance during the double. Even though he has had limited game time, Fabregas is an integral player and could get plenty of minutes if the title is wrapped up. I'm sure he will be at the club next season racking up assists.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Liverpool and City double ups for GW38 probably. Maybe Arsenal if they're still in the top 4 race.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Sorry but it might be worth checking your facts before misleading people. :(
math! wrote:We might not see big changes until 38 as the second DGW match is at home which should be the match where the trophy is awarded.
No, it's always awarded on the final day no matter where the game is played. Assuming Chelsea are champions that will be Chelsea's home game v Sunderland.

Last season Leicester had their PL trophy presented at Stamford Bridge despite having clinched the title 2 weekends earlier. Not at their home game v Everton a week before. So that will actually be 3 seasons in a row that the PL presentation ceremony will be at the Bridge. :!: When Chelsea won the PL in 2014/15 the final game was v Sunderland as well as it happens (Chelsea 3-1 Sunderland).
math! wrote:GW38 I expect to see JT start along with Ake, Chalobah, RLC, and Begovic. JT is on 7 appearances and I think the minimum for a medal is 9 so he will likely make at least a subs appearance during the double. Even though he has had limited game time, Fabregas is an integral player and could get plenty of minutes if the title is wrapped up. I'm sure he will be at the club next season racking up assists.
The minimum for a medal is 5 games and clubs usually order extra medals for squad players that fall short of that number anyway.

In summary: if there is going to be substantial rotation it is much more likely to be against Watford providing Chelsea have won the title by then. But that's by no means a certainty of course.

Edit: as per Silkworm below, it appears that some of the above is BS. Please disregard.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 09 May 2017, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Some say rest a couple v West Bromwich, some say he'll rest a load against Watford, others say he'll play full squad Watford rest against Sunderland

Who knows really,

Sent from mobile

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: When will Chelsea win the league & rotation.

Post by eastcentral1 »

Billy Bongo wrote:Some say rest a couple v West Bromwich, some say he'll rest a load against Watford, others say he'll play full squad Watford rest against Sunderland

Who knows really,

Sent from mobile
Pretty sure he won't be resting anyone against West Brom. If there is any rotation, I think it's most likely to be against Watford if we beat West Brom on Friday. If we don't, we may not see any rotation.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

So... Fabregas anyone? Do you think he'll play/start both games GW37? Looking good recently.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Panserjohan wrote:So... Fabregas anyone? Do you think he'll play/start both games GW37? Looking good recently.
Brought him in for this GW as I expected him to start to open up the Middlesbrough defence, with an eye on doing so for the remaining games as well. He hasn't seen as much gametime as others and if the league is wrapped up, who else to bring that additional creative spark to help Chelsea sign off with a bang (of goals).

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

From4corners wrote:
Panserjohan wrote:So... Fabregas anyone? Do you think he'll play/start both games GW37? Looking good recently.
Brought him in for this GW as I expected him to start to open up the Middlesbrough defence, with an eye on doing so for the remaining games as well. He hasn't seen as much gametime as others and if the league is wrapped up, who else to bring that additional creative spark to help Chelsea sign off with a bang (of goals).
Brought him in before the match last night but after the transfer deadline. I will have him in my starting line up for the rest of the season to replace Coutinho but missed his points this week. :roll: Should have taken the hit last week. No wild card so a poor end to the season. :oops:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Ruth - Leicester were presented the trophy after their home game with Everton game last year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36176623

I don't know if this means Chelsea will receive the trophy against Watford. They might just wait till Sunderland since they finish the season with two home games, unlike Leicester last year. All assuming they beat West Brom of course.

I'm concerned about rotation, but at this stage I don't think there's a great deal that can be done for those who have gone Chelsea heavy on wildcard. Maybe with one free transfer and no other issues it would be worth making a switch, but a hit doesn't seem worthwhile. I certainly wouldn't be bringing Chelsea players in at this stage, but I will hold onto at least 2 of the 3 I have.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

thesilkworm wrote:Ruth - Leicester were presented the trophy after their home game with Everton game last year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36176623

I don't know if this means Chelsea will receive the trophy against Watford. They might just wait till Sunderland since they finish the season with two home games, unlike Leicester last year. All assuming they beat West Brom of course.

I'm concerned about rotation, but at this stage I don't think there's a great deal that can be done for those who have gone Chelsea heavy on wildcard. Maybe with one free transfer and no other issues it would be worth making a switch, but a hit doesn't seem worthwhile. I certainly wouldn't be bringing Chelsea players in at this stage, but I will hold onto at least 2 of the 3 I have.
Wow, that's embarrassing. :oops: Evidently I should check my facts before misleading people. :roll:

I was at Chelsea-Leicester last season on the last day last season and I could have sworn there was a big presentation ceremony, tickertape and everything. But maybe one season is running into another. :shock:

Apologies to Math and thanks for correcting me. :oops:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I don't think the position of the trophy ceremony has much to do with anything anyway. Conte heavily rotated his team at Juventus after winning the title, even if that game was the trophy game (e.g, 2011/12 he made 7 changes for the final trophy getting game).

He especially made changes in the game immediately after winning each title, so I would for sure expect to see widespread rotation in the Watford game if the title is won on Friday. We may well see widespread rotation in the final game as well since the FA Cup is 6 days later. Courtous in particular I think is extremely likely sit out the rest of the PL season as soon as they win.

As a non owner, Alonso may well turn out to be the irritating safe one as it's the one position they really don't have any viable alternatives from the bench.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Stemania wrote:As a non owner, Alonso may well turn out to be the irritating safe one as it's the one position they really don't have any viable alternatives from the bench.
What about Ake?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Ake could indeed play there, but isn't he more likely to come in at CB (with Terry/Zouma) since Alonso's position is almost more LM than LWB? I mean, nobody is safe in my view, I just wonder if Alonso has the best chance of 'doing a Chellini' of that squad.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

thesilkworm wrote:.

An interesting observation for me as I am on my wildcard this week (and have started a thread accordingly for others to discuss who may be in the same position). I may well go Vardy rather than Costa for 0 5 saving. Hard to let go of Alonso after another goal. Hazard.... Very tricky.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Stemania wrote:Ake could indeed play there, but isn't he more likely to come in at CB (with Terry/Zouma) since Alonso's position is almost more LM than LWB? I mean, nobody is safe in my view, I just wonder if Alonso has the best chance of 'doing a Chellini' of that squad.
Pedro played there a few times in cup games if I'm correct.

Would be nice if Alonso plays everything though. :)

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Stemania wrote:Ake could indeed play there, but isn't he more likely to come in at CB (with Terry/Zouma) since Alonso's position is almost more LM than LWB? I mean, nobody is safe in my view, I just wonder if Alonso has the best chance of 'doing a Chellini' of that squad.
Pedro played there a few times in cup games if I'm correct.

Would be nice if Alonso plays everything though. :)
Yea Pedro played wingback a couple of times and he had a real nightmare playing RWB. It was one of the games we lost as far as I can remember. Ake can play midfield also, when he was first coming through years ago he played there and he looked a real prospect. I'm really glad he is still at the club.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I don't think it will be as black and white as rotation v Watford and full team v Sunderland.

Conte will mix and match I expect, and will pick a team for Sunderland (and manage the minutes) with the Cup Final in mind.

The only thing for sure is full team v West Brom, the two following games are anybody's guess, it is likely that players such as Terry, Ake, Zouma, Willian, Batshuayi, could get a start and certainly minutes from the bench but not necessarily all in the same match.

Conte has already left both Hazard and Costa out of the semi final team because they needed to be fresh for the league, once the league is won then the FA Cup becomes the priority and they could again not start a game. I understand people saying they have to play the Sunderland game but they have the chance of the double just six days later, that will be more important than letting the players wave to the fans, especially if they have a slight knock/fitness issue. Also, Sunderland are down so it's not like he can be accused of not maintaining the integrity of the league.

That being said, I'm not selling my Chelsea players unless there is specific comments from Conte regarding fitness and being rested etc.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

math! wrote:Ake can play midfield also, when he was first coming through years ago he played there and he looked a real prospect. I'm really glad he is still at the club.
Yes, also a fantastic decision to take him back from Bournemouth to play more football. Ow wait... (he'll probably be loaned out again next season).

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

From4corners wrote:
math! wrote:Ake can play midfield also, when he was first coming through years ago he played there and he looked a real prospect. I'm really glad he is still at the club.
Yes, also a fantastic decision to take him back from Bournemouth to play more football. Ow wait... (he'll probably be loaned out again next season).
That is something I still can't understand.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Joccki_10 wrote:
From4corners wrote:
That is something I still can't understand.
I can't remember the exact situation but I believe Conte wanted to be sure he had enough backup to the first team. Maybe Ake would have remained on loan for the season and unable to be brought back if he wasn't recalled then. Cheaper than buying another player. Other than that it wouldn't have made sense.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”