To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Seamus Coleman Injury Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

The Seamus Coleman Injury Thread

Post by redchemist »

So my idiot countryman Neil Taylor has seen to braking Coleman's leg.

Post escape options below:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: The Seamus Coleman Injury Thread

Post by math! »

I can imagine those without Valencia will be getting him now. Or Holgate as a cheaper alternative as mentioned in the RK thread.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Sickening stuff, I feel awful for him. I was looking at downgrading him to a Boro/SOTON defender anyway while I'm on my WC, I already own Valencia, Walker, Alonso. But it's a huge loss for Everton.. I think this makes peoples move to Valencia a lot easier for any owners of his that don't already have Valencia. Walker is another obvious one.

I also think Bertrand is a good alternative as well. Few quid cheaper to.

Terrible to see & I wish him a speedy recovery

EDIT: Link to a freeze frame of the horrible tackle. I removed the embedding code due to the graphic nature of the image.

http://i.imgur.com/OlzMBOL.jpg
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 24 Mar 2017, 23:22, edited 2 times in total.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Really no need to post that photo.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Paulista wrote:Really no need to post that photo.
Giving injury context and extent of how bad it is.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 24 Mar 2017, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

I got Coleman in for GW24 so will only get 5.8 for him.
Valencia was going to be brought in for Fabio next transfer so will maybe bring that forward and do Coleman to Valencia.

How much will Valencia go up by and how much will Coleman fall. I can see a hit coming to do it this week.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Coleman will drop quickly I'd imagine,

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Were all adults - you can choose if you want to look at it or not.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

hancockjr wrote:
Were all adults - you can choose if you want to look at it or not.
No problem with me, but to be fair, IIRC the Board reminded us in a couple of circumstances that Fiso is open to posters (and viewers) of all ages, FPL (and Fiso FPL forum) is not restricted to 18+

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

math! wrote:I can imagine those without Valencia will be getting him now. Or Holgate as a cheaper alternative as mentioned in the RK thread.
yeah, I had posted this in TRK before realising this topic started
math! wrote:
MoSe wrote:
math! wrote:. Is Holgate usually a fullback?
no, mainly CB, but TM reports him also RB as a side-role, as Jags & Williams too. Toffees have no other RB
Hol only played 9 PL games this season, 3 thereof as RB (last two admittedly only subbing in, vs Utd 23' vs Cherries 10', his last appearance)

Coleman only missed first 3 in august.
First two McCarthy on the right with 3 at the back, Holgate RB in the 3rd
http://www.transfermarkt.com/mason-holg ... ler/348623
If he gets that position nailed it would be hard to overlook him at 4.0m
MoSe wrote:
BobMem wrote:No doubles for Everton though, right?
Yeah, my (underlying) point was another.

I first had Holgate as cheap defender for Eve decent fixtures, after Koeman played a couple with 3 at the back. But shortly after he switched back to back 4 and Holgate lost his place.
So I looked out to replace him at first chance, but also had Jones injured, thus the best move I could afford was Jones to FM, with Holgate in standby on the launch ramp.
Then for the BGW28 I spent a hit to replace him, and the best option was yet another Everton def, Coleman. But it was then FM who lost his place, as Jags came back :roll:
(and he was not injured, just dropped having played 2 in previous 14, with no sign of being about to be recalled).

FM was still subbing-in in 2nd halves, but he only gets 1p for that. So with Coleman and FM in my XV, the latter was the candidate to be moved out.
Now with the poor Seamus ruled out, one could think ok, I'll sell him instead, and FM will regain a place in his place, right? Wrong, as FM won't play RB. Unless it's Jags/Williams to be shifted at RB with an opening created for FM in CB. Or Koeman tweaking the system out of necessity, with 3 at the back once more, and a mid playing RWB oop (à la Moses).

I'd get razzed if it's Holgate instead who more naturally will get back starting as RB, a player I owned but traded out to rather keep the "more nailed" FM... :roll:
This wouldn't make him an interesting pospect even with his low price, if not as enabler.
Sure he'd be just a cheap bencher in GW30-31, then he'll have 5 decent fixtures in the last 7, but no double as you pointed out.

For sure I will NOT be doing Coleman :arrow: Holgate now! lol

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

ZeroRemorse wrote:. I think this makes peoples move to Valencia a lot easier for any owners of his that don't already have Valencia. Walker is another obvious one.

I also think Bertrand is a good alternative as well. Few quid cheaper to.
Oxford NZ wrote:... and do Coleman to Valencia.
How much will Valencia go up by and how much will Coleman fall. I can see a hit coming to do it this week.
FFFix
Current fastest price risers across FPL
Valencia 1.90% / hour
Baines 1.30% / hour
Walker 0.90% / hou
Coleman traded out at -3.20%/hr now (of the drop NTO target, not ownership)

But it's Saturday morning in a non-PL weekend

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Feel bad for him, he was playing well and looked back to his best after a couple of slightly underwhelming seasons. Leaves a big hole in my FPL team too, and with a sale price of just 5.8 the options for me look limited to the fairly obvious Valencia, who I'd planned to get in for Brunt anyway.

Probably just means another hit as I've got Gabbiadini too so both need to go. I will have to consider if it's possible to upgrade Gabbiadini to Ibra by utilising the Coleman funds.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Can survive one drop, which would likely happen tomorrow night.

That goes along with a price rise from Valencia, so probably can't wait for another Ecuador game..

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I think Coleman will drop tonight.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

Just taken a reluctant hit from Coleman to Valencia, truth be told, I was likely shifting Coleman out soon to make better use of his money with a 'big team' defender, especially with DGW coming up. United have good fixtures and DGW before the others. I like Spurs' fixtures, I may try to work one of them in once I bring Sanchez back though, let's see. A lot of options flying around.

I hate making moves before a player has played his midweek international but don't want to be on the wrong end of a price drop after getting in relatively early with Coleman and benefitting from some rises. People can't be patient though and everyone seems to be selling with no consideration for internationals at all :/

Fingers crossed for Valencia in the Ecuador game!

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Question. I bought Coleman at 5.8m and his current value is 6.1m, does that mean I have four .1m price drops before he costs me money?

If so, I can probably sit back and not make a move until late next week without having to "panic" and swap someone in straight away.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

I am going to save the hit and wait until the new transfer window opens. With Valencia going up and coleman going down in price it will make the following weeks transfer more interesting and could price sanchez out of my reach.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Mike1989 wrote:Question. I bought Coleman at 5.8m and his current value is 6.1m, does that mean I have four .1m price drops before he costs me money?

If so, I can probably sit back and not make a move until late next week without having to "panic" and swap someone in straight away.
Well you can sell him now for 5.9. If he drops once you can still sell for 5.9. If he drops twice you sell at 5.8.
So to answer your question it does take 4 drops for you to sell him under your purchase price but it takes only 2 drops for you to lose money.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Mike1989 wrote:Question. I bought Coleman at 5.8m and his current value is 6.1m, does that mean I have four .1m price drops before he costs me money?

Technically yes, you only lose your original money at that point...BUT he is now actually worth 5.9 to you, not 5.8, as you have made a profit, so you can take one drop for free, the next one cost you the 0.1 profit.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

How do Coleman's attacking stats compare to Walker, Valencia and Bertrand/Cedric? On the eye test Coleman was best of the lot to me, perhaps because he used to be a midfielder and could just finish better?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:How do Coleman's attacking stats compare to Walker, Valencia and Bertrand/Cedric? On the eye test Coleman was best of the lot to me, perhaps because he used to be a midfielder and could just finish better?
I think Valencia is an underlying stats king but very rarely gets the end product. Very similar to Clyne and Moreno.

His goal against Middlesbrough hardly changes anything, because it was 100% Valdes goal. It happens one time out of thousand.

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

Does anybody know who is Colemans likely replacement at RB?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Carlb5253 wrote:Does anybody know who is Colemans likely replacement at RB?
posted in The rounded Keeper:
viewtopic.php?p=3032304#p3032304
silversurfer19 wrote:Everton fan here, I would anticipate Holgate would be the most likely substitute, and seems to be the favourite among my toffee friends. However, if Koeman was to employ a wing back system again, it's not entirely unfeasible to see a back five of Jagielka, Williams, FM, Baines, and perhaps McCarthy (depending on fitness) or Lennon as right wing back. If I was a betting man though, I'd probably think it will be Holgate at right back. Very decent option if wildcarding, I guess.
posted in the RTM sub-forum. STC topic
viewtopic.php?p=3032426#p3032426
The Username wrote:
blahblah wrote:
The Username wrote:Coleman won't be seen again until 2018, it's a terrible injury. Holgate could well come into his own now, I would be amazed if Mori got the nod at right back myself.
[...]
Coleman: ergh kinda makes me wish there was no filter....
Replacement: has Mori ever played there? Earlier in the season someone else (one of the Mac's?) played RWB - do you thing this forces 4-3-3 on ronald as opposed to 3-4-3?
[...]
Mori has played there to cover injuries etc but I would be surprised if he was the solution, I think Holgate has more of a shout. Your right though McCarthy played there for a few games earlier in the year, but he is struggling with long term fitness as well, problems with his hamstrings. There is a very promising right full Kenny in the youth teams, he was part of the England under age team that won the World Title. I think it will be Holgate myself. Three at the back only really works with Coleman and Baines again I'd be surprised.
[...]
Mav3rick wrote:Thanks for that TU, so Holgate looking a good option in that lower price bracket, although presumably less likely than Coleman to pick up attacking returns? 9 months out for Coleman is really bad for him, especially with the times at the club so exciting. I hope that there's no replacement who eventually ousts him from the team, that would be even more unfair on him.
The Username wrote:[...]
On Holgate, thats just my opinion, the lad is creative enough he already has a few assists this season, probably best to see wow Koeman sets up the next game though before taking the plunge. I think a review of the fullback positions was on the agenda regardless of the injury, more competition really, there is a strong like for Amavi at Villa.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Finisher1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:How do Coleman's attacking stats compare to Walker, Valencia and Bertrand/Cedric? On the eye test Coleman was best of the lot to me, perhaps because he used to be a midfielder and could just finish better?
I think Valencia is an underlying stats king but very rarely gets the end product. Very similar to Clyne and Moreno.

His goal against Middlesbrough hardly changes anything, because it was 100% Valdes goal. It happens one time out of thousand.
He has 4 attacking returns in the last 8 games, and also missed a sitter against West Ham in GW20 (technically it was a finger tip save but he was inside the six and had half the goal to aim at for a tap in).

How many right backs would have been high enough up the field to get that goal against Boro?

I own Valencia and I consider him essential through GW35. I think those of us who've owned him have been unlucky not to get more.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Turd Ferguson wrote: How many right backs would have been high enough up the field to get that goal against Boro?
He just made a desperate run to give some pressure for Valdes, it wasn't a result from their strategy or formation. If you are asking "how many defenders make that kind of runs to give pressure", my answer is I don't care, because it leads to a goal one time out of thousand. That goal can't be linked to Valencia's attributes or Man United's formation, it was 100% result from randomness.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 27 Mar 2017, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I had a little look myself comparing the main contenders to Alonso as a kind of high water mark. On goal threat alone, over the whole season, Alonso is pretty hard to match which I'd guess is due to his advanced position. Players like Danny Rose come relatively close, but after that it's the likes of Brunt, PVA or the traditional goal scoring centre halves like Dann. But these players are getting roughly one chance per match, Alonso can manage about 1.5.

Minutes per shot in the box is where the goal scoring centre halves really dominate the stats with the likes of Dann, Maguire, Mawson & Matip featuring. Alonso shows well again and is best of the attacking full backs with a shot in the box every 110 mins or so. I find it comical that McAuley is quite far down this list, but it does go to show that when the chances are few, that a bit of natural variation can really skew outcomes.

In terms of Coleman and his replacements, where goal threat is concerned, Coleman is in a sort of third place behind Alonso (way out in front at a shot on target every 110 mins) & Rose (142) before we get to Coleman at 174. That might sound poor, but it beats Walker (233), Brunt (258), Valencia (449) & Bertrand (596).

If we look at the last six matches then it shows a slightly different picture with Alonso's threat matched (more or less) by PVA and the goal scoring centrebacks, while Brunt, Cedric and Friend get relatively close. The likes of Walker & Valencia are next (with half as many shots as Alonso) followed by Coleman, Bertrand & Clyne with a quarter of the goal threat of Alonso.

In terms of creativity, over the whole season, Cedric performs really well wit a chance create every 60 mins. Rose is not far behind while Clyne, Walker, PVA, Brunt, Baines, Valencia, Fuchs and Bertrand all create more than one chance per match.

Last 6 matches changes the picture a little, with Brunt the best followed closely by Rose and then a cluster of Valencia, Bertrand, Cedric and Baines at around the 1.5 chances created per game mark. Clyne is the only other notable player that produces more than 1 chance per game, with PVA creating a chance every 106 mins, Walker every 110 and Coleman every 113.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Thanks Mav, that's really interesting although I'm not 100% sure who shades it out of Walker and Valencia. Personally, I'm probably going to go with Walker despite the ManU double coming up. It's such a shame that Rose is not fit at the moment.

PVA is interesting as well for me post-WC. If Sunderland did manage to tighten up defensively (not that I am expecting it), they have a decent run of fixtures for the last few games. Cedric v Bertrand is another one that is interesting me post GW34 (and WC). I'd always assumed I would go with Bertrand but Cedric seems to come out well on the basis of these figures.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I might even downgrade Coleman to a base price defender. There's no such rule as "you must have an attacking premium defender in your team because otherwise you team is unbalanced".

I'm surprised so many are going to do like-for-like transfer to Walker, Coleman, Clyne etc. I would have thought there were many teams without Costa or Sanchez at the moment, in which case buying one of them and downgrading Coleman would be a reasonable move.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 27 Mar 2017, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Davies may be a possible as RWB? He's got the engine, creativity, and can tackle: but I'm not so sure about pace and trickery though.

How long is Schnderthng out for?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Thanks Mav, that's really interesting although I'm not 100% sure who shades it out of Walker and Valencia. Personally, I'm probably going to go with Walker despite the ManU double coming up. It's such a shame that Rose is not fit at the moment.

PVA is interesting as well for me post-WC. If Sunderland did manage to tighten up defensively (not that I am expecting it), they have a decent run of fixtures for the last few games. Cedric v Bertrand is another one that is interesting me post GW34 (and WC). I'd always assumed I would go with Bertrand but Cedric seems to come out well on the basis of these figures.
I'm glad you're thinking that way as Walker fits my team better and I'm probably favouring him. I really do need the defensive cover in GW32 and 33 and I feel that perhaps Valencia would be better as a Brunt replacement in GW34. Stats-wise it's pretty close between Valencia and Walker, I think Valencia has been very good of late but I have a slight concern about him being rotated this week and then they have Chelsea in GW33.

The main thing that annoys me about owning Walker is paying over the odds for the same points, but over the next 5 GWs I'm struggling to see a better potential defender. FFS actually project Alderweireld with the most points from GW30-33 inclusive, beating Walker by a good margin. That would be worth investigating I think.

I suspect I'll be wildcarding for GW35 as my team's fixtures are pretty bad that week and they won't be made any brighter by any Middlesbrough or Palace players in for the DGW :lol: That does however encourage me to look at ways of getting the high risk players like PVA in though it's hard as there are limited spaces in my team in terms of who I want to bench in GW34.

If I already had Valdes or Hennesey rather than Pickford as my second keeper, I'd be favouring the BB I think and boosting in players like PVA, Valdes/Hennesey, Friend and De Roon.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 27 Mar 2017, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”