To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW30 transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW30 transfers

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Arsenal4EvERr wrote:my FPL team got hacked by a former work colleague so my transfers are:

Kane :arrow: Jordan Benteke
Sanchez :arrow: Zaha
Lukaku :arrow: Crouch (-8)

I don't think I have ever been so angry :evil: :evil: :evil:
What an asshole.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:I was really looking forward to rolling my free transfer this week.

*sigh*

Coleman :arrow: a defender whose leg isn't in bits.
Does that mean not being able to sell Holgate is good?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Was hoping to hold since Sanchez played for Chile.

Now looking at doing an obvious Coleman :arrow: Valencia (or possibly Walker)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah spanner in the works with Coleman. I'm actually edging towards Bertrand +cash over Valencia. With United's schedule, I can see Darmian taking some game time off Valencia in the nicer games and the DGW is tricky, as well as the Everton/Chelsea home fixtures. Bertrand has looked menacing going forward too...

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Coleman to Walker

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Sutter Kane wrote:Yeah spanner in the works with Coleman. I'm actually edging towards Bertrand +cash over Valencia. With United's schedule, I can see Darmian taking some game time off Valencia in the nicer games and the DGW is tricky, as well as the Everton/Chelsea home fixtures. Bertrand has looked menacing going forward too...
I have looked at that with Valencia too, the schedule is relatively OK at the moment but if they beat Anderlecht and reach the EL SF then it becomes truly horrendous.

Against that is the fact that Valencia has started every PL game this season when fit and available and Mourinho has described him as one of the best RBs in the world. Darmian prefers LB (and generally plays better there) though he obviously can play RB. I don't know. I could live with a rare rest for Valencia as long as it wasn't in a DGW because that would actually mean losing a game. The first United DGW is bur mci - might he be rested for those? On balance I think probably not.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Arsenal4EvERr wrote:my FPL team got hacked by a former work colleague so my transfers are:

Kane :arrow: Jordan Benteke
Sanchez :arrow: Zaha
Lukaku :arrow: Crouch (-8)

I don't think I have ever been so angry :evil: :evil: :evil:
What an asshole.
Yeah, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Coleman's injury has thrown a spanner into the works for me as well. I currently own Valencia, Alonso, Davies, and Olsson. So I'm torn between doing one of the following:

£6.1 million to play with Coleman transferring out
- Baines in, .4m in the bank, no DGW and tough games in GW30/31
- Bertrand in, .7m in the bank, 2x DGW
- Cedric in, 1.3m in the bank, 2x DGW
- Clyne in, .3m in the bank, no DGW
- Fabio, 1.7m in the bank, 1x DGW
- Fuchs, .9m in the bank, 1x DGW
- Lowton, 1.6m in the bank, no DGW

Left field option
- Byram, 1.9m in the bank, no DGW and West Ham concede for fun, but he is good going forwards if he's used in a wingback role and could chip in with assists, though perhaps my Leeds bias is coming in here!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Maybe think about what you'll require any remaining money to fund?? I'd take Bertrand over the rest there because of the doubles but if you really will need the extra dosh for something, then go cheaper.

I think my GW35 WC plan may not be on the cards with Bertrand my planned transfer this week as he fits a defensive puzzle piece for that week. This leans me towards GW36 where there's a few fixture turns and of course, slightly more information on league standings, injuries, etc. GW35 appears to be a difficult week for lots of teams, but could contain that DGW.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

My side:

De Gea, Pickford
Valencia, Alonso, Davies, Olsson - Coleman to transfer
Hazard, Sanchez, Siggy, King, Son
Costa, Llorente, Negredo

The extra cash could help upgrade Son if he doesn't fire with me playing 4-5-1 recently, or upgrade Negredo for a more startable second striker and go back to 4-4-2.

I was debating between Bertrand as a new starting player since he's good going forwards, or Cedric to give me a bit extra cash for making any further possible changes. Though Fabio in Boro's defence could also have some appeal since their fixtures until after their DGW have potential.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Not even considered Cedric. Great going forward and often gets BPS but I got burned by him earlier in the season when he missed a couple of games and with Martina in the waiting I'm not sure I could risk it again.

I also have that slight fear with Walker, Trippier guaranteed game time as soon as Walker enters my team

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Martina will never replace Cedric unless he's injured

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Deeney in for a hit makes sense if you captain him. I have a 12 stone limit on my captain's though

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Selling Coleman....... does someone want to talk me out of opting for Vertonghen instead of Valencia?

Even with Valencia's DGW, I just feel Vertonghen's next 5 are too good to miss.

Maybe i'm being colour-tricked by all those Green fixtures for Spurs?

Valencia's attacking threat is probably negated by his risk of missing a game due to United's congested fixtures, they have Europa League either side of the Chelsea game.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Paulista wrote:Selling Coleman....... does someone want to talk me out of opting for Vertonghen instead of Valencia?

Even with Valencia's DGW, I just feel Vertonghen's next 5 are too good to miss.

Maybe i'm being colour-tricked by all those Green fixtures for Spurs?

Valencia's attacking threat is probably negated by his risk of missing a game due to United's congested fixtures, they have Europa League either side of the Chelsea game.
Do you have Davies in your side? He's a good option while Rose is out injured.

That said, Spurs do have a nice run of games. As long as they keep clean sheets Vertonghen is a good option, but that run of games does feature teams capable of scoring goals. That's where someone like Valencia has a slight advantage because of the threat he poses going forwards, recently even in weeks they have conceded he's still ended up getting a good points total because he's got an assist or a goal. With Vertonghen it would be clean sheet or 1/2 points if a team in that run grabs a goal which is possible.

For me, I'd go for Valencia because for the most part he's been the mainstay in their defence. Also offers more upside with his threat going forwards.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Cheers mate. No I don't have Davies, and I wouldn't consider him because he's a transfer waiting to happen.

I don't know really. Surely Valencia won't play all 9 games for United in April. I can see 4 clean sheets for Spurs in those 5 games. United aren't as tight at the back, always seem to ship the odd goal as they did against BOU/mid, and now Jones and Smalling are injured.

I'll think about it. If I get Vertonghen, I can still do Alonso to Valencia for the DGW nearer the time.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Bringing both Valencia and Walker in for my next two GW transfers, which first tho?

Walker (bur)
Or
Valencia (WBA)

samyadav
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FISODAS Champions Cup Season 29 Winner

Post by samyadav »

jacksosi wrote:Bringing both Valencia and Walker in for my next two GW transfers, which first tho?

Walker (bur)
Or
Valencia (WBA)
Walker

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

I think that's against popular opinion on fiso but I agree, Walker for me as well.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Every cloud etc: Holgate may get minutes, so that planned move is cancelled.

Either stick with 3-5-2 and look to shift Brunt, or look to shift Mane (less matches) and go 3-4-3.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

GW30 transfers

Post by Joccki_10 »

blahblah wrote:Every cloud etc: Holgate may get minutes, so that planned move is cancelled.

Either stick with 3-5-2 and look to shift Brunt, or look to shift Mane (less matches) and go 3-4-3.
Wouldn't do that with two home matches now.

I'm seriously thinking of getting Tadic when Hazard is confirmed out for Palace.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Joccki_10 wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of getting Tadic when Hazard is confirmed out for Palace.
Scored for Serbia vs Georgia last week (a penalty).

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mr Clarinet wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Yep, and two assists. Involved in 13 of their last 14 goals.

On pens for Southampton as well and his numbers (ICT) according to FPL were great against Sunderland and Watford away. Good three fixtures ahead, could be a very decent punt.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Joccki_10 wrote:
blahblah wrote:Every cloud etc: Holgate may get minutes, so that planned move is cancelled.

Wouldn't do that with two home matches now.

Yeah, I think the timing of shifting Mane is key?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

On pens for Southampton as well and his numbers (ICT) according to FPL were great against Sunderland and Watford away. Good three fixtures ahead, could be a very decent punt.
For as long as Tadic has been in FPL he's always had brilliant underlying stats. Obviously over the short term anything could happen but he does just seem to be one of those players who doesn't convert stats to points.

I owned him when he had that 20-something pointer GW but i don't remember getting much at all from him outside of that.

I'd actually had a feeling that Gabbiadini would have been on pens, but obviously hes out of thr picture for now.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote:
For as long as Tadic has been in FPL he's always had brilliant underlying stats. Obviously over the short term anything could happen but he does just seem to be one of those players who doesn't convert stats to points.

I owned him when he had that 20-something pointer GW but i don't remember getting much at all from him outside of that.
I had him over Mane, when he was at Soton - and Tadic did well in comparison, inc cost.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

I'd actually had a feeling that Gabbiadini would have been on pens, but obviously hes out of thr picture for now.
He has missed some games this season, started a few on the bench and still managed to get three goals and six assists in a very inconsistent Saints side.

That inconsistency was due to the amount of games they had to play (league, European, cup) and I think Southampton have found their way up now.

With games against BOU, CRY and wba to come and Tadic tending to get his points against those weaker sides, I might even prefer him over Alli (no, I still don't own any Spurs mid). Sounds crazy I know, but I don't believe Burnley away is a good fixture for Spurs.

The question remains... Would Tadic be nailed for all three games?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I got the idea that Puel didn't fancy him as he changed the way Soton play, and his man-love for Redmond.

From memory Tadic picked up a fair few points from taking Fk's and corners, but the memory is rather aged....

Shawshank
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shawshank »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

He has missed some games this season, started a few on the bench and still managed to get three goals and six assists in a very inconsistent Saints side.

That inconsistency was due to the amount of games they had to play (league, European, cup) and I think Southampton have found their way up now.

With games against BOU, CRY and wba to come and Tadic tending to get his points against those weaker sides, I might even prefer him over Alli (no, I still don't own any Spurs mid). Sounds crazy I know, but I don't believe Burnley away is a good fixture for Spurs.

The question remains... Would Tadic be nailed for all three games?
The simple answer is no, but he's still likely to start them I would think, although the interview he's given this week complaining about the manager subbing him every match will not help him. Boufal is waiting in the wings now as well.

To be honest I would avoid Saints attacking players currently whilst Gabbiadini is injured. He has made a huge difference and without him we just don't look like scoring goals and none of the midfielders are natural goal scorers IMO. Redmond and Tadic regularly get good chances and regularly miss. They just aren't natural finishers. Also, once the DGWs are confirmed I imagine Puel will be back to rotating as he doesn't like players starting 2 games in quick succession. Ward-Prowse might interest me as an expensive 5th midfielder for the DGWs as he seems to have nailed down a position now, is on set pieces and might also be on penalties (I'm not sure there is a designated penalty taker at the moment).

Hopefully Caceres will come into the back 4 now in place of Stephens and that will make Yoshida a decent pick at 4.3. Until VVD is back he is pretty nailed

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

Antonio -> Son

Wanting to do (several) more transfers, but I`m doing the Ville Ronka style, not hitting.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”