To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Sanchez injury thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

The Sanchez injury thread

Post by Billy Bongo »

Dunno , he limped off, and then Wenger has said he's near death

http://eplfeeds.com/article/wenger-sanc ... um=twitter

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The Sanchez injury thread

Post by gallus »

Probably just a severe case of internationalitis.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

South Americans don't really seem to suffer from that. Maybe it was just Wenger excusing subbing Sanchez off, maybe he's genuinely hurt after playing 40 odd minutes on his injured ankle.

Either way, the most important thing is that he's now got an entirely accurate and relevant flag in FPL for everyone to act upon :mrgreen:

(I'm not really criticising FFS here, there's not much else they can do that stays consistent within their injury news processes after what Wenger said in the post match interviews).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The thing is that Wenger has cried wolf before.

November he said it would be "suicidal" for Chile to play Sanchez. They did. He played with no ill-effects and he played for Arsenal when he got back - the full 90 minutes. And went on to score 5 goals in the 2 games after that. I know this to my cost because I lost 37 points by removing him. :roll:

There are other reasons to worry about Sanchez - namely he's playing for a team in crisis and has apparently fallen out with some teammates - but as for the injury I'll believe it when he actually misses games. According to Wenger he sustained the injury in the first half but played 80 minutes. So how bad can it actually be?

Meanwhile, Chelsea website: "...we played without the in-form Eden Hazard who was not risked due to a small injury." Sounds like GW30 should be fine.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I don't think I will be sans-Chez because of possible injury, I think it will be because Arsenal are a mess but Wenger's going to go public about his future during the break judging by his conference today.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

That tackle from McClean was just crap football. You can see why the best want to go to Spain where they don't have to put up with rubbish like that and the weathers better and a bottle of wine costs 60 cents from LIDL.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:That tackle from McClean was just crap football. You can see why the best want to go to Spain where they don't have to put up with rubbish like that and the weathers better and a bottle of wine costs 60 cents from LIDL.
Yeah. But I'm not sure that the best footballers are too fussed about the 60 cent wine to be honest. :wink:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:That tackle from McClean was just crap football. You can see why the best want to go to Spain where they don't have to put up with rubbish like that and the weathers better and a bottle of wine costs 60 cents from LIDL.
Yeah. But I'm not sure that the best footballers are too fussed about the 60 cent wine to be honest. :wink:
True, but it's a reason why I like going :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I guessed as much. FPL kind of merging into personal experience there. :)

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
True, but it's a reason why I like going :lol:
They have LIDL in Kiwiland?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/19/alexis-sa ... y-6519203/
After the match, Wenger revealed that Sanchez’s ankle was in ‘an absolutely terrible state’ and warned that the forward would not be released to Chile’s national team if he had suffered ligament damage.
The media also seem to think that this ankle problem could spark another row between Arsenal and Chile. Last time I mistakenly traded out Sanchez, because he missed that first game.. now we have this problem again. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with this situation. I'm on my WC, I didn't trade him in and missed the 0.1m rise lastnight because it told me his target had not been met, but it had on fplstats.

Guess we just have to sit and wait, but if he doesn't play for Chile and is still 75% flagged by next deadline what are people planning on doing? I may leave money ITB for his eventual return.
Bob Newhart wrote: They have LIDL in Kiwiland?
No, but I've been to Spain a few times :wink:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

ZeroRemorse wrote: Guess we just have to sit and wait, but if he doesn't play for Chile and is still 75% flagged by next deadline what are people planning on doing? I may leave money ITB for his eventual return.
I guess it depends on your situation, in a wildcard you've nothing to worry about at all really for now. Him rising last night was a bit of a surprise. I guess he must have had enough residual transfers for the price change to take effect, but the flag will pretty much guarantee a drop again if he's still a doubt in two weeks time (and rightly so in that case).

There's no reason to sell if you own him though and no reason to jump on board yet if you don't. I just don't think there's much to see here for FPL managers, although it might help sell a few papers over the international break.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'll hold as King is my first sub, so will wait on him.

Arsenal a mess, tactically​ organisationally and also morale it seems, but for FPL doesn't matter they can get beat every game but Sanchez seems to score all the same.

Two or three times yesterday he was waving his little stumpy finger at a team mate, once he dropped deep just to take a pass so he could shout at Mustafi.

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

arsene doesn't know
Grumpy Old Man

Post by arsene doesn't know »

He's a hold for me. If he's approaching any sort of fitness he'll insist on playing.

And as has been said, whatever state Arsenal are in, he's scoring consistently.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:...if he doesn't play for Chile and is still 75% flagged by next deadline what are people planning on doing?
Wait on the presser and/or for news from Arsenal. If it is a ligament problem he can safely be gone without I think. Next game isn't the greatest for him anyway and how many chances will he get playing wide in an imploding Arsenal team? One SiB yesterday, one SoT and one goal. Could easily have been a blank.

Sanchez is almighty tricky because he can hurt you badly if you get it wrong (I had the same experience as you back in November). But I'm not just going to get him as an insurance policy, the premiums are too expensive. :|

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Sanchez training today with Chile. Time to remove the yellow flag please FPL/FFS.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 95611.html

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sánchez' flag has been removed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”