To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Harry Kane Injury Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Thought it might be nice to have a place to discuss the implications of Kane's recent injury. It looked pretty nasty and I read reports that he left the stadium on crutches and wearing a protective boot. Poch in the post-match interview said: "We hope it's not a big issue but it looks similar. It's sure it will be difficult for him to play against Southampton."

What are your initial impressions? Who does this benefit, assuming he's out for a significant length of time? I notice FFS still have Janssen as the no. 2 penalty taker followed by Lamela. Does Janssen get a look in again, or will we see Son or Alli start up front?

Clearly there's a degree of 'wait and see' about all this, but it might be useful or fun to speculate in the meantime.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Re: The Harry Kane Injury Thread

Post by Rich2086 »

Am I mad to consider Vardy as a replacement?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I expect Son to lead the line again, which makes him a very interesting FPL prospect again. Pochettino doesn't seem to have much faith in Janssen (rightly so, as he hasn't set the PL on fire since coming in).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

From4corners wrote:I expect Son to lead the line again, which makes him a very interesting FPL prospect again. Pochettino doesn't seem to have much faith in Janssen (rightly so, as he hasn't set the PL on fire since coming in).
That's a good call, I wonder who would take the pens though if Janssen isn't playing either?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

He left the stadium on crutches apparently, and with a protective boot - so it isn't promising. I'm definitely not going to fall into the Janssen trap again....

I've already got 5 in midfield, so best plan for me atm? Hope United beat Chelsea then get in Costa. Otherwise - not a clue. :lol:

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Potentially good news for Joccki_10, whose plans were thrown into disarray by Kane's weird price rise last week (ahead of a blank GW). Even if he (Kane, not Joccki_10) recovers, his price might fall again in the meantime. Or, he might not recover, in which case the plan is binned (for a proper reason) anyway.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

with the international break coming after the next GW it makes no sense to play Kane against Southampton, let him miss that game and pull him from the England squad, which gives him from now until the 1st of April to recover. This is of course if the injury isn't that bad and is manageable.

Son has just scored a hat trick and will almost certainly lead the line next week (if Kane is out), but I think he only comes into consideration if Kane is out long term, and if that's the case then he is a great pick - kind fixtures, great price and playing OOP, I'd be amazed if Janssen was trusted with the fight for the top four being so close.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:He left the stadium on crutches apparently, and with a protective boot - so it isn't promising. I'm definitely not going to fall into the Janssen trap again....

I've already got 5 in midfield, so best plan for me atm? Hope United beat Chelsea then get in Costa. Otherwise - not a clue. :lol:
If I were to swap Kane for Sanchez and play 5 across the middle, then I think I'd basically take Lukaku and Gabby as the two strikers. A second Spurs midfielder would also seem a good idea though, Son or Alli alongside Eriksen, but transfers like that start adding up and I think I could find myself in reasonable wildcard territory before I distributed the funds enough.

Perhaps looking to Ibra in a couple of GWs time is a better call as he will have doubles upcoming, pens and decent scoring record. He's not dissimilar to Kane really in an FPL context, except playing for a less creative team in general. Trouble is I don't think I can really cover the next two, and even if I could it's a lot of cash on the bench.

Maybe its just a flip flop back to Aguero for a couple of games, even if that costs a -4 this week.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I brought him in for Zlatan last night anticipating my 0.1 buffer against price moves would not be enough to take a chance on waiting until today.

After bringing Firmino in on Wednesday, I now feel like this game is just teasing me.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Rich2086 wrote:Am I mad to consider Vardy as a replacement?
I'd already wondered about him for a pre-wild card punt in GW30/31 if I wildcard in GW32.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Any chance for Son being on pens? :D

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
I'd already wondered about him for a pre-wild card punt in GW30/31 if I wildcard in GW32.
Yeah, I think Vardy could be a valid option too. Kane was my planned transfer in so this requires a rethink. Costa possibly or I might even hold my nose and give Kun a run against Liverpool. With Barnes scoring today and Kane out there's also a temptation to stick with a 3-5-2 rather than going ahead with my planned switch to 3-4-3.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Oh a special thread for Harry Kanes injury

I bet he feels so lucky

I think Costa would be obvious replacement.But you could say Aguero, Ibrahimovic when comes back from his ban. Sanchez and Son as he is back up strker at Tottenham

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Mr Clarinet wrote:Potentially good news for Joccki_10, whose plans were thrown into disarray by Kane's weird price rise last week (ahead of a blank GW). Even if he (Kane, not Joccki_10) recovers, his price might fall again in the meantime. Or, he might not recover, in which case the plan is binned (for a proper reason) anyway.
Definitely.

As I mentioned in another thread, I do really feel for the guy. But as I was planning on Barnes to Kane funded by a Firmino-downgrade, today couldn't actually get any better. Barnes even scored. :lol:

Sticking with 3-5-2 now for the very least knowing Barnes will bang in a hat-trick against the Black Cats next week!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks a bit of a nasty one to me, and Pochettino didn't sound too hopeful on the prognosis post match given it's a repeat of the injury he had earlier in the season. Shame if so, cos he's been on fire.

For me I guess it's Costa or Aguero as a replacement if he's out, hinging on a Sanchez vs Alli/Son decision in midfield. Vardy could be an intriguing punt, but not sure I'd feel as confident as I would with the other two.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Kane was a differential for me in my ML. This injury really has done me no favours. Need to decide what route to now take, either go for the steady 6p Costa or gamble on Aguero, but with City still in the champs league I'm not too sure on that.

Going 352 is tempting me.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

cesc408 wrote:Kane was a differential for me in my ML. This injury really has done me no favours. Need to decide what route to now take, either go for the steady 6p Costa or gamble on Aguero, but with City still in the champs league I'm not too sure on that.

Has Kane been a long term differential for you in your mini-league? If so, it doesn't sound like a very strong mini-league, in which case there is no need to even be worrying about your rivals as you should be beating them easily anyway.

However, if Kane is only currently a differential in your mini-league, due to your rivals recently selling him because of a Spurs blank and Man City DGW etc. say, then these rivals would have been sure to get Kane back in soon if he was fit, meaning that he actually wouldn't have been a differential for you in the future. Now without Kane being involved over the next few weeks, we should see some slightly different striker line ups than we would if Kane wasn't injured, and that will also apply to your mini-league.

Sonnie Sarko
Kevin and Perry

Post by Sonnie Sarko »

Son is actually next in line for pens behind Kane & Janssen. He was due to take the one earlier in the season v Man City before he was overruled by Lamela (who subsequently missed).

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Football Hero wrote:
cesc408 wrote:Kane was a differential for me in my ML. This injury really has done me no favours. Need to decide what route to now take, either go for the steady 6p Costa or gamble on Aguero, but with City still in the champs league I'm not too sure on that.

Has Kane been a long term differential for you in your mini-league? If so, it doesn't sound like a very strong mini-league, in which case there is no need to even be worrying about your rivals as you should be beating them easily anyway.
What because Kane is a differential for me it's not a strong league? Most players recently have had Ibra and Lukaku, with people choosing Double spurs midfield instead of Kane.

I've recently moved to 2nd, overall rank 26k. Leader has a 34p lead and ranked 8k.
Lead was 75p around 5 weeks ago but I've cut the gap.
Most ditched him after his Burnley Hull blank.
After his hattrick vs WBA I got him back in and others didn't, keeping faith in the other big hitters. Infact plenty of people didn't have Kane, With Ibra Lukaku Costa in form, and people going heavy 352 midfield with just 2 attackers and opting for double Spurs midfield and other big hitters in Sanchez/Hazard.

The rival im chasing would have probably bought him in this week for Aguero. Anyway obviously Kane has to go if Injured long term.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

cesc408 wrote:
Football Hero wrote:

What because Kane is a differential for me it's not a strong league? Most players recently have had Ibra and Lukaku, with people choosing Double spurs midfield instead of Kane.

I've recently moved to 2nd, overall rank 26k. Leader has a 34p lead and ranked 8k.
After his hattrick vs WBA I got him back in and others didn't, keeping faith in the other big hitters. Infact plenty of people didn't have Kane, With Ibra Lukaku Costa in form, and people going heavy 352 midfield with just 2 attackers and opting for double Spurs midfield and other big hitters in Sanchez/Hazard.

The rival im chasing would have probably bought him in this week for Aguero. Anyway obviously Kane has to go if Injured long term.
The Burnley/Hull blank was ages ago wasn't it? He's been hauling regularly since then. If your rivals assume that a strong attacking player can be 'covered' by choosing other attacking players from the same team, then they are probably not too good at FPL.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Yeah, I think Vardy could be a valid option too. Kane was my planned transfer in so this requires a rethink. Costa possibly or I might even hold my nose and give Kun a run against Liverpool. With Barnes scoring today and Kane out there's also a temptation to stick with a 3-5-2 rather than going ahead with my planned switch to 3-4-3.
As I posted elsewhere: if you think Leicester will stay up then he is a far from daft option....

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Football Hero wrote: The Burnley/Hull blank was ages ago wasn't it? He's been hauling regularly since then. If your rivals assume that a strong attacking player can be 'covered' by choosing other attacking players from the same team, then they are probably not too good at FPL.
Incidentally, is there is a reason you don't link to your team?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sonnie Sarko wrote:Son is actually next in line for pens behind Kane & Janssen. He was due to take the one earlier in the season v Man City before he was overruled by Lamela (who subsequently missed).
Really?!

That would be huge news. I was thinking that he might be next in line actually, because I think he has an excellent shooting technique.

I'm seriously thinking of captain Son!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Football Hero wrote:
cesc408 wrote:
Football Hero wrote:

The Burnley/Hull blank was ages ago wasn't it? He's been hauling regularly since then. If your rivals assume that a strong attacking player can be 'covered' by choosing other attacking players from the same team, then they are probably not too good at FPL.
'Football Hero',

I haven't had Kane since I sold him in GW18, immediately after his blanks against Hull and Burnley.

Therefore, I missed two goals and an assist against Watford, I missed his hat-trick against West Brom, I missed his hat-trick plus assist against Stoke and I missed his brace against Everton.

My current Overall Rank is 1,589. I had to make decisions and tried to cover Kane's hauls by choosing other attacking players, including some midfielders from Spurs. But hey, decisions can go wrong, which means I'm probably not too good at FPL.

I don't seek any compliments or approvals for my OR, but you are seriously annoying me and I think lots of others too with your posts.

In the past few days you have only been complaining and trying to bring other FISO'ers(' posts) down. It seems like there doesn't exist any post or answer on this forum that can satisfy you. If I may ask so kindly, why is that?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Joccki_10 wrote: In the past few days you have only been complaining and trying to bring other FISO'ers(' posts) down. It seems like there doesn't exist any post or answer on this forum that can satisfy you. If I may ask so kindly, why is that?
I think other people were trying to bring my posts down over the last few days, so it is not just one-sided I can assure you.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Who and why?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Joccki_10 wrote:
I haven't had Kane since I sold him in GW18, immediately after his blanks against Hull and Burnley.

Therefore, I missed two goals and an assist against Watford, I missed his hat-trick against West Brom, I missed his hat-trick plus assist against Stoke and I missed his brace against Everton.

My current Overall Rank is 1,589. I had to make decisions and tried to cover Kane's hauls by choosing other attacking players, including some midfielders from Spurs. But hey, decisions can go wrong, which means I'm probably not too good at FPL.
Covering players in this way is not logical strategy. The only way to cover Kane is to get in Kane.

If Kane actually had 200 points now, and Alli had 200 points, (all other FPL players have the same points), should I cover Kane with Alli? The answer is no, I should not. The correct strategy is to get both Kane and Alli because they are both getting huge points and both are worth getting in. No other strategy would be effective, because how am I covering my rivals that have both Kane and Alli themselves? Just having Alli would not be effective in that case.

It comes down to all players effectively being independent in this way, and the only way to actually cover a player off, is to get in that specific player, (or set of players), yourself.

So yeah, I hope you see now why that is a flaw in your thinking. Before you mentioned your thought processes, I would only assume that you hadn't chosen Kane because you didn't think he was worth it, but you are professing that you do think Kane is worth it, but instead of getting him in you try to cover his points off with other players. This isn't good.

I'm not trying to annoy you, I'm just trying to point out why I think what I think. Feel free to point out your ideas more.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Sutter Kane wrote:Who and why?
It doesn't matter as it is time to move on and forgive and forget and all that.

Good vibes to you all. :)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

I understand what you're trying to say and maybe I even agree, but I wasn't by definition referring to the part of your post that was on-topic.

It's okay to argue with others when you have a different opinion or when you are in a disagreement, but several posters have tried to stop a discussion like the one in the GW28 captaincy thread as it seemed to go a bit rude and you had a completely different opinion.

Every FISO'er is doing one's utmost to maximise their own points potential / total points every gameweek (well, I believe they do). Some like to argue when making decisions, some don't. Yes, I do agree that if they don't, it's not always wisely to come here. But please don't accuse others of being a bad manager of some kind. You don't need to add such insults. That is what annoys me.

I read almost every post on here in it's entirety (?) and most of it with big interest, yours too, believe me. But imho you should leave those parts behind.

And even when you are so super convinced about a decision (either a captaincy decision or a transfer decision) and no-one can persuade you to act otherwise, then imo there isn't always any need to discuss any further. It's okay for others to have a different opinion, right?

[Apologies for me, not a mod of some kind, posting something like this.]

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Joccki_10 wrote:I understand what you're trying to say and maybe I even agree, but I wasn't by definition referring to the part of your post that was on-topic.

It's okay to argue with others when you have a different opinion or when you are in a disagreement, but several posters have tried to stop a discussion like the one in the GW28 captaincy thread as it seemed to go a bit rude and you had a completely different opinion.

Every FISO'er is doing one's utmost to maximise their own points potential / total points every gameweek (well, I believe they do). Some like to argue when making decisions, some don't. Yes, I do agree that if they don't, it's not always wisely to come here. But please don't accuse others of being a bad manager of some kind. You don't need to add such insults. That is what annoys me.

I read almost every post on here in it's entirety (?) and most of it with big interest, yours too, believe me. But imho you should leave those parts behind.

And even when you are so super convinced about a decision (either a captaincy decision or a transfer decision) and no-one can persuade you to act otherwise, then imo there isn't always any need to discuss any further. It's okay for others to have a different opinion, right?

[Apologies for me, not a mod of some kind, posting something like this.]
Well you have to debate these things to see if the other side of the argument has merit right? I like to assume that the other side of the argument is based on sound logic and perhaps may even be a better way of deciding things than how I currently decide something, and so I probe to see if that is the case, otherwise how will I know? You are coming from a position after the fact where you are saying perhaps it wasn't necessary, but you are armed with all the posts and the responses and can see what was said at the end, not before or during proceedings. You are saying I shouldn't have gotten into a debate once you have seen the responses, but what if the responses had turned out completely different and I'd learned something new, would you be saying the same then? No you wouldn't. The reality is that you can't know ahead of time and the posts when the debate starts, do not know where the debate will lead, so it's best just to let things take their course and see what happens, and as long as it doesn't get too out of hand and personal, then there isn't anything wrong with it imo.

I never resort to personal insults, but I have been on the receiving end of some. If people can't take criticism of some of their fantasy football decisions, then why do they come here? Perhaps a fantasy football forum isn't for them considering it's part and parcel of what people are discussing. Or do you think we should all just be having one big love-in where we are all patting each other on the back and saying ''bravo, fine decision sir'' even if privately we might be thinking the opposite?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”