To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW29 Transfers. Deadline Saturday 18th Mar 2017, 11:30 GMT

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mongoose528
Kevin and Perry

Re: GW29 Transfers. Deadline Saturday 18th Mar 2017, 11:30 GMT

Post by Mongoose528 »

Kane -> Costa or Smith -> Valencia?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

De Roon to Sanchez
Kane to Barnes

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Did Ibrahimovic :arrow: Costa.

Got 1.4 in the bank, but can't think of a 2nd transfer that warrants a hit, even if I'd want Son or Alli ahead of Coutinho. Hopefully Liverpool continue their predictable narrative of being good against the good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Here's me:

Pickford
Valencia Alonso Baines
Antonio Mané Alli Sigurdsson King
Aguero Lukaku
(c)

Foster Barnes Funes-Mori Maguire & 3.8m

And I think I'm going to do the unthinkable and save FT. I want Hazard but don't want to lose any midfielder this week really. I'm waiting to see what transpires with Sanchez. Kane's injury and Zlatan's ban scuppers removing Aguero (I want Hazard rather than Costa and I don't fancy punting on Vardy; I want Deeney but that can wait a week and I don't want Gabbiadini but if I did it wouldn't be for Spurs away). Funes Mori will play if Baines doesn't; I wouldn't replace him because I am waiting for Rose. I can't see a move.

So, seeing that I'm now thinking of holding back the wildcard for a bit it looks like a roll and have 2 when the international break arrives. Not what I was expecting to do, I must say. :?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I want Hazard rather than Costa
I'm currently trying to decide which of these two I want going forward. Interested in why you prefer Hazard?

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I want Deeney but that can wait a week and I don't want Gabbiadini but if I did it wouldn't be for Spurs away
What's your rationale behind preferring Deeney over Gabbiadini? Gabbiadini seems to be the far more popular pick. I don't own either but I'll need at least one cheap striker for my wildcard.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
I'm currently trying to decide which of these two I want going forward. Interested in why you prefer Hazard?
Better GW30 captain? Or just better captain generally vs the weaker teams. Costa is pretty strong vs all opposition but for captain purposes, I'd prefer Hazard too. I have both...

I think I'm edging towards Deeney too instead of Gabbi. I prefer his fixtures after GW32 and I believe he has more chance of a double in GW34 (though could be completely wrong on that one!)

Roll over transfer for me this week. After 4 transfers last week, this was the 'dodgy' plan!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Instinct. Penalties. I think he will outscore Costa between now and the end of season but don't expect me to make a rational case. Hazard's just my preference.

As a general comment, stats don't interest me much at this stage of the season. I feel I know the potential of players by now and I don't need to be poring over stats all the time. But I do watch Chelsea live and I guess that some of the reason for my preference is what I see when I do. :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:I want Deeney but that can wait a week and I don't want Gabbiadini but if I did it wouldn't be for Spurs away
What's your rationale behind preferring Deeney over Gabbiadini? Gabbiadini seems to be the far more popular pick. I don't own either but I'll need at least one cheap striker for my wildcard.
Well, that one's easier to explain.
  • Deeney is a proven PL player.
  • Deeney is a spring player; this is his time of year.
  • Gabbiadini is a FFS bandwagon and 80% of the time they get it wrong with those.
  • Gabbiadini's career record interests me more than his stats over 3 games; he's about a 1 in 3 striker. I think he's just had a fast start. There's a reason Southampton only had to pay £13m.
  • I prefer Watford's fixtures GW29-33 and in addition they have a possible DGW34.
  • Deeney also has penalties; as far as I know Gabbiadini doesn't.
What could swing me is if Southampton get a DGW in 32 or 33 - it seems unlikely but it's theoretically possible. Otherwise I'd take Deeney to GW34 (hopefully with a DGW) and then switch to Gabbiadini in GW35 for his 2 DGWs. That would be the ideal scenario for me.

Maybe I should add that I didn't have Vardy at all during his run of 11 consecutive goalscoring games last season. I may be being similarly obtuse about Gabbiadini. But I won't need to decide till after this weekend. The above is my view as it stands right now but if Gabbiadini were to excel against Spurs I might have to re-consider. :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Instinct. Penalties. I think he will outscore Costa between now and the end of season but don't expect me to make a rational case. Hazard's just my preference.

As a general comment, stats don't interest me much at this stage of the season. I feel I know the potential of players by now and I don't need to be poring over stats all the time. But I do watch Chelsea live and I guess that some of the reason for my preference is what I see when I do. :)
Thanks, that's helpful, gut feeling is fine.

I don't see as much Chelsea as you but I've been leaning that way. Only problem is how to squeeze Sanchez, Alli & Mane in the team as well ;)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Only problem is how to squeeze Sanchez, Alli & Mane in the team as well ;)
You're not at all ambivalent about Sanchez?

I see Arsenal to be imploding and there are so many reasons to be unsure about what will happen. I know they usually improve again come March but haven't they crossed the Rubicon this time? I'm not saying I know, just that I'm very wary. And Sanchez himself - does he want out? Is this his last season? What actually is the status between him and his teammates? Who will be in his ear in Chile and how will he return?

Sanchez has gone from a GW29 definite to a GW31 maybe for me. That, along with Kane injured and Zlatan banned, is another reason I'm probably going to defer the wildcard. Too many big players I will probably want soon that can't be brought in now. :?

Anyway, of your list, surely Mané is the most expendable? He can't have a DGW after all.

The trick is going to be timing it all right.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:Only problem is how to squeeze Sanchez, Alli & Mane in the team as well ;)
You're not at all ambivalent about Sanchez?

I see Arsenal to be imploding and there are so many reasons to be unsure about what will happen. I know they usually improve again come March but haven't they crossed the Rubicon this time? I'm not saying I know, just that I'm very wary. And Sanchez himself - does he want out? Is this his last season? What actually is the status between him and his teammates? Who will be in his ear in Chile and how will he return?

Sanchez has gone from a GW29 definite to a GW31 maybe for me. That, along with Kane injured and Zlatan banned, is another reason I'm probably going to defer the wildcard. Too many big players I will probably want soon that can't be brought in now. :?

Anyway, of your list, surely Mané is the most expendable? He can't have a DGW after all.

The trick is going to be timing it all right.
As you say timing is the key and yes I am ambivalent about Sanchez and won't be bringing him in until GW31 at least. Mane will be staying until at least then (I'm basically going to avoid planning for the dgws until we know when we are).

Basically at the moment I have a short list of 4 to bring in over the next 2 weeks and need to pick two this week and one next week - Hazard, Alli, Defoe and Vardy. I think I am leaning towards Alli & Defoe this week and Hazard next week but I have a sneaking feeling Vardy will do well in GW30/31. Hoping that the fixtures are confirmed before the end of the international break as that will determine when I go with my wildcard and whether I punt short-term on Vardy which becomes more likely if I'm going with a GW32 WC.

For some reason, I have found decisions for this week harder than normal.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah. I reckon Alli is the must there. If I didn't have him I'd use my FT to get him.

As for the others, it depends on who needs replacing I reckon.

samyadav
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FISODAS Champions Cup Season 29 Winner

Post by samyadav »

I am doing Barnes to Costa this week. Should i take a hit for:
A) Firmino to Alli
B) Brunt to Valencia

Also.. the transfer i don't do this week will be done next week(Price may become an issue as well). The question is what should be done first.

samyadav
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FISODAS Champions Cup Season 29 Winner

Post by samyadav »

Mongoose528 wrote:Kane -> Costa or Smith -> Valencia?
Both maybe? Valencia's clean sheet may help cover your -4

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Phillips :arrow: Son

(Need to get rid of De Bruyne but will wait a week and then decide between Alli, Hazard and Sanchez...)

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Llorente fit to play so reluctant to transfer him out for Costa.

Firmino "could be an option" as to whether he'll play but as a Mane owner I don't want to take the risk considering Liverpools next 2 fixtures. Looking at transferring him out for Hazard (Conte having to check on a few doubts before deciding his team), Sanchez or Alli (already own Eriksen).

WC next GW

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

looks like no transfers for me :shock:
even though i'd love to get Alli back in my team, but I think he'll have to wait

my front 7 for this weekend is:

Barkley (HUL), Lanzini (LEI), Mane (mci), King (SWA)
Llorente (bou), Aguero (LIV), Lukaku (HUL)

Mane has a tough game, but his last 5 scores are: 2, 16, 2, 13, 2 so it's clearly time for a haul now :D

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

tarkens wrote:looks like no transfers for me :shock:
even though i'd love to get Alli back in my team, but I think he'll have to wait

my front 7 for this weekend is:

Barkley (HUL), Lanzini (LEI), Mane (mci), King (SWA)
Llorente (bou), Aguero (LIV), Lukaku (HUL)

Mane has a tough game, but his last 5 scores are: 2, 16, 2, 13, 2 so it's clearly time for a haul now :D
i'm kind of leaning towards the same. I do have Firmino and it may make sense to transfer him out for Son/Hazard/Sanchez since he's still a doubt but i'm not sure if that's not too punty this week. thoughts?

Funes Mori looking to have lost his place is also a concern

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I've been planning Coutinho > Son, but this feels like one of those transfers that makes sense at the time, but then Son comes up against a resolute Southampton defence on the road and blanks, while the geigenpress forces the shaky City backline into coughing the ball up and Coutinho scores a brace. Now considering rolling. Anyone want to talk me into Son?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

slyger wrote:
What's the situation there? Was he just given a breather last week, or has his performances of late been poor enough to be dropped ?

slyger
FISOhead

Re: RE: Re: GW29 Transfers. Deadline Saturday 18th Mar 2017, 11:30 GMT

Post by slyger »

Paulista wrote:
slyger wrote:
What's the situation there? Was he just given a breather last week, or has his performances of late been poor enough to be dropped ?
I'm not really sure other than he was benched for Jagielka and looked pretty dreadful at left back when he came on for the injured Baines. Any everton fans have any idea.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

Was all set to roll the transfer over this week and have 2 ft's for the international break but I'm tempted to get rid of Firmino (have Mane aswell) and get King in. Maybe I'm chasing last week's points and his fixtures aren't great after this weekend but at 5.6 he looks good to keep as 4th/5th mid. Have I missed the King boat? :D

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Turd Ferguson wrote:I've been planning Coutinho > Son, but this feels like one of those transfers that makes sense at the time, but then Son comes up against a resolute Southampton defence on the road and blanks, while the geigenpress forces the shaky City backline into coughing the ball up and Coutinho scores a brace. Now considering rolling. Anyone want to talk me into Son?
Despite Coutinho's obvious form-drop City is historically a good opponent for him. He have played 6 times against them and scored 5 times.

I'm looking at a possible Sterling-Son(-4) to enable Sanchez later on, but I'm terrified of Sterling vs Milner..

Then again, to my understanding Sterling was involved negative in both goals against Monaco and Pep's demands of hard defensive work, could he be benched?

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

I'm really unsure. Got burnt massively last week with lack of players, I did think Firmino to Son but that leaves me with 3 Spurs midfielders. King?! Ready for a wildcard in a week or so time. Price isn't an issue, so Sanchez is viable.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Kane/Costa Done

Now leaning to Coutinho/Sanchez for a -4.

Have Firmino aswell but think I will keep him

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Llorente unflagged, giving me a clean bill of health, so I was about to go ahead with Rondon :arrow: Costa and now I see Walker is flagged! I'm guessing this is a case of acute internationalitis, but it's got me worried about how many more are likely to come down with the same bug. It's not so bad if they wait until after the weekend's games... doing it now is a real pain in the backside.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Cornish Gooner wrote:Was all set to roll the transfer over this week and have 2 ft's for the international break but I'm tempted to get rid of Firmino (have Mane aswell) and get King in. Maybe I'm chasing last week's points and his fixtures aren't great after this weekend but at 5.6 he looks good to keep as 4th/5th mid. Have I missed the King boat? :D
My only concern with this is the number of false dawns we've had in this position / price. It started with Redmond / Capoue, later Allen, the I myself got totally hoodwinked by the masses with Phillips, and I'm sure there are many more examples throughout the season of players doing really well for a pretty short period, getting transferred in like crazy, only to see minimal return in the subsequent month / couple of months before getting rid. Is King just another? Has he scored well enough throughout the season to suggest he's any better than those I've listed above? Has anything changed at his club to make him a better FPL prospect than he was 3 months ago? Or has he just been lucky recently? (And let's face it, whilst I like many others was gutted to see him score a hatrick last week having been so close to bringing him in, surely we'd all accept that was ridiculously lucky for anyone who did get him - I mean seriously how often is he going to score a hatrick?) Not saying he's a bad choice at all, but I've been burned by the points-chasing on cheap mids with no long-term FPL pedigree too many times this season...

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I have enough in the bank to to Firmino :arrow: Sanchez, which I'm pretty set on (I find the uncertainty regarding Firmino's fitness unsettling).

The only other move I'm considering is Chadli (who I'm very keen to get rid of) out for Son. That would cost a -4. Anyone think that's worth it?

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

[quote="MPTree"]I have enough in the bank to to Firmino :arrow: Sanchez, which I'm pretty set on (I find the uncertainty regarding Firmino's fitness unsettling).

I"m thinking of doing the same except for Hazard.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”