To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Post-GW28 Template

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post-GW28 Template

Post by Turd Ferguson »

A lot of people seem to be planning a wildcard in the next few gameweeks. GW30 looks likely for me. I think it's worth discussing who the optimal picks are for the stretch run. I'm not going to wait for the week before a double gameweek to wildcard. I can bring several of the players I want for the double gameweeks now and then tweak my team with free transfers to add more doublers as it gets closer.

These are the players that will almost certainly be in my team:

Pickford/Jaku
Alonso/5.5-6/?/Yoshida/?
Sanchez/?/?/?/Carroll
?/Kane/Gabbiadini

I'm .3 short of being able to field this team, which I'd be happy with:

Pickford/Jaku
Alonso/Danny Rose/Valencia/Yoshida/Kone
Sanchez/Coutinho/Sane/Pedro/Carroll
Costa/Kane/Gabbiadini

I know United have two doubles, but their fixtures down the stretch are horrible. They have to play Chelsea, plus away to Spurs, Arsenal and City. I don't see Ibra being better than Kane, Costa and Aguero, who all have fairly friendly schedules despite having a game fewer.

There's question marks over Sanchez and the Arsenal clubhouse, but he's still the highest scoring player this year and he will have two good double gameweeks. I think it's riskier NOT to have him.

What's everyone else thinking?

Bixer
FISOhead

Re: Post-GW28 Template

Post by Bixer »

There's clearly drama in the air at Arsenal between Sanchez and Wenger, I'm definitely waiting to see what happens in the next couple of games before getting him back.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Can't see a clear template tbh, apart from Kane, Alli/Eriksen, spurs Def or Alonso

Above and beyond that it's far from clear

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Billy Bongo wrote:Can't see a clear template tbh
That means there's a lot of opportunity to gain by getting it right. I think we'll see a lot of variation in teams over the next several weeks.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Why do I keep getting the temptation to make sure I include Redmond in mine... (WCing in next 2/3 GW)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Feilani to play a few matches up top?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I think the defence and the front line is variable, some are going with a 5 man midfield 2 up top. I'm attempting something a little different before my WC in a few weeks. I am going with a strong front 8 - however I think the template in 3 weeks (DGW dependent) will include Sanchez, Kane, Alli, Liv mid, Gabbiadeeney.

I don't think Lukaku will last beyond Hull for most people and Costa has some tricky games - though he's pretty fixture proof. Can/should he be a part of it?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I struggle with Lukaku. On the one hand he's an easy set and forget option, plays 90 mins, rarely gets injured, has a very good scoring record, but on the other hand I always feel like I could beat his output. In the current striker market though, I can't see myself parting with him until there's a DGW option.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm still waiting on all the fixture re-arrangements before really committing myself - I have the possibility of 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 although I am beginning to lean towards the latter. The key for me though is when to play my wildcard. I doubt it will be before GW32 (unless there is a DGW before then) but I might wait for the first DGW. If I go with GW32 I'll probably forget team structure for the next 3 weeks and just play the form in midfield and defence and just stick with my attack (Lukaku - Llorente - Kane). In all probability Alli will come in this week and Walker the following week.

Along with Mav, I struggle with Lukaku. He's pretty much matching Costa & Zlatan and is cheaper but somehow I never as confident captaining him as the other two (although it paid off this week). Once again, the dgws will probably determine his fate.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

FPL is a funny game, managers definitely have their struggles with certain players, mine is Harry Kane, every time I've brought him in for sensible fixture runs, he decides to go missing, the HUL and BUR home fixtures earlier this season come to mind, 2 blank captaincies from him, then he pops up with 2 hatty's against unlikely opposition after I've shifted him, typical.

Lukaku has actually been my favourite captain option this season, every time I've captained him he's brought me fantastic returns. A hattrick away to Sunderland a couple of 1 goals and an assist hauls along with the odd brace and of course the 4 goal haul vs Bournemouth. That's FPL for you.

As far as WC template goes; This is mine. I will wait to pull the trigger until the next DGW.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

One thing I'm determined to do is invest in a decent defence. I shudder to think what my average defender score has been over the past couple of months. Already added Coleman (to Alonso) before GW27. Next step will be to replace Brunt with, most likely, a Spurs player.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

eastcentral1 wrote:One thing I'm determined to do is invest in a decent defence. I shudder to think what my average defender score has been over the past couple of months. Already added Coleman (to Alonso) before GW27. Next step will be to replace Brunt with, most likely, a Spurs player.
I like Walker. He has better scoring potential when Rose is back next month but I will stick with him an Cahill as my main defenders. I will be looking at getting Kane in soon for a FT so I will probably miss when he scores big this week at home to Southampton. :oops:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Locked in for me towards the end of the season are Pickford, Alonso, Rose (when fit), Kane and Gabbiadini.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Post-GW28 Template

Post by eastcentral1 »

Oxford NZ wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:One thing I'm determined to do is invest in a decent defence. I shudder to think what my average defender score has been over the past couple of months. Already added Coleman (to Alonso) before GW27. Next step will be to replace Brunt with, most likely, a Spurs player.
I like Walker. He has better scoring potential when Rose is back next month but I will stick with him an Cahill as my main defenders. I will be looking at getting Kane in soon for a FT so I will probably miss when he scores big this week at home to Southampton. :oops:
He's so expensive compared to Rose, though. Will need to look into it.

I wouldn't worry too much about Kane this week. If there's one thing we know, anything (and nothing) can happen in a one off game. That's also why I'm not going to let Sanchez's good fixture this week force me into taking hits.

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

ZeroRemorse wrote:...
Absolutely nothing mundané about this little triumvirate. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

maradonash wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:...
Absolutely nothing mundané about this little triumvirate. :D
Very good :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote:I struggle with Lukaku. On the one hand he's an easy set and forget option, plays 90 mins, rarely gets injured, has a very good scoring record, but on the other hand I always feel like I could beat his output. In the current striker market though, I can't see myself parting with him until there's a DGW option.
It's the runs of 2 points that get me, and get the same from Kane - and I could have them both rather soon :?

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Also need to factor in games for Arsenal and City, and likely Spurs and one of Chelsea/Man U being postponed in GW34. This is when the FA Cup semi finals are being planned.

For Arsenal and Man U this could mean 3 x DGW. It is going to be an absolute minefield. and wildcarding at the right time will be vital

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

The general consensus is that GW34 games will be pushed back to the midweek, but remain in GW34. Even if they don't, another fixture will likely be arranged for then, so no blank for semi finalists.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

ZeroRemorse wrote:FPL is a funny game, managers definitely have their struggles with certain players, mine is Harry Kane, every time I've brought him in for sensible fixture runs, he decides to go missing, the HUL and BUR home fixtures earlier this season come to mind, 2 blank captaincies from him, then he pops up with 2 hatty's against unlikely opposition after I've shifted him, typical.

Lukaku has actually been my favourite captain option this season, every time I've captained him he's brought me fantastic returns. A hattrick away to Sunderland a couple of 1 goals and an assist hauls along with the odd brace and of course the 4 goal haul vs Bournemouth. That's FPL for you.

As far as WC template goes; This is mine. I will wait to pull the trigger until the next DGW.

That's a good team (and indeed Sane has dropped 0.1 since you took that picture).
I have selling value of 102.4, and I'd be 2.7 short for this team.

I would probably have to sacrifice the four power defenders and say have Davies instead of Walker and Firmino for Mane, and that gets me 0.1 below budget.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote:Feilani to play a few matches up top?

Looking like the first one is tonight....

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

wildcard activated.

I'd say I'm settled on the front 8 and keepers which are pretty template, just the defence I need to look at properly with what I have left. If I did Baines down to Jones it would give me Vertongen over Davies which is prob safer. Currently Amat in the 4.1 slot, anyone at all with more chance of time?

Jaku / Pickford
Luiz / Baines / Davies / Yoshida / 4.1
Sanchez Alli Mane Pedro Carroll
Aguero Lukaku Gabbiadini

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

IceCreamFirm wrote:wildcard activated.

I'd say I'm settled on the front 8 and keepers which are pretty template, just the defence I need to look at properly with what I have left. If I did Baines down to Jones it would give me Vertongen over Davies which is prob safer. Currently Amat in the 4.1 slot, anyone at all with more chance of time?

Jaku / Pickford
Aguero Lukaku Gabbiadini
Maybe make your defenders cheaper and rotate them a bit?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Jaku / Pickford
Aguero Lukaku Gabbiadini
Personally, I would downgrade one of your attacking players and invest more in your defence. But that's just my bias.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Jaku / Pickford
Aguero Lukaku Gabbiadini
Reports have Rose back in April so you may only get two or three more games out of Davies.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Son, surely the first much have of the post 28 era

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Can't decide whether to bring in Son or Sanchez with my free this week
Or both for -4

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: Personally, I would downgrade one of your attacking players and invest more in your defence. But that's just my bias.
Turd Ferguson wrote: Reports have Rose back in April so you may only get two or three more games out of Davies.
Currently on a starting back 3 of Luiz / Vertonghen / Jones which I'm fairly happy with. It would be good to upgrade the two bench defenders though (and/or Walker/Valencia over Vertonghen/Jones) so considering Alli to Son. Don't know if that's too much of a risk with game time though.

Struggling to see any template defenders outside of Chelsea/Tottenham.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

IceCreamFirm wrote:
Yep I've got rid of Baines so I have a starting back 3 of Luiz / Vertonghen / Jones which I'm fairly happy with. It would be good to upgrade the two bench defenders though (and/or Walker/Valencia over Vertonghen/Jones) so considering Alli to Son. Don't know if that's too much of a risk with game time though.
I prefer Valencia to Vertonghen (and he is only marginally more expensive). I have Jones and am looking to ship him although there is a shortage of options at that price point. In fact, I don't see an awful lot of value in sub 5m defenders generally. One of Stephens/Yoshida is probably a good pick although one of them will probably lose their place to Cáceres. If you fancy a punt, Sakho at Palace for 4.7m could be an interesting choice if you can find someone to rotate with him - they have some nice home fixtures left. Actually looking at it, Swansea go quite well with Palace and Mawson has an eye for goal - they don't have any dgw fixtures though.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Isn't Cedric only 4.8 now? He's my likely Brunt replacement. He always seems to do really well on the BPS and looks to be holding down his spot now that all the EL matches are done (and injuries have curtailed defensive options).

Cedric, an expensive defender and then a choice between rotation or holding Coleman seems to be my defensive setup. Perhaps the spare Kane money could make a case for a further premium defender though instead of Cedric.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 15 Mar 2017, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”