To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ibrahimovic suspension?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Ibrahimovic suspension?

Post by Finisher1 »

Do you guys think he will face a retrospective action and suspension after today's events?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Ibrahimovic suspension?

Post by Stemania »

Will have to wait to see what the FA do, but I think it'll be a 3 match ban (so the cup game and two FPL gameweeks, 29 & 30).

I don't think they announce these things till after the weekend though. So maybe Monday?

If he is charged I wonder if Ibra will appeal. Depending on the deadline, it could work out that the ban doesn't start till after the cup game, making it a 3 match FPL ban.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Trollibravich? Rage transferred out already.
Scored loads during the FPL break and then blanks, no, minuses, missing sitters and a pen vs a 10-man BOU at home :-/

Llorente in before the rise / ban / fall.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

I just knee jerked and sent Ibra on his way for llorente.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I hope not. I guess so. :cry:

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

He should get banned. It's no different to when Aguero got banned earlier this season.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Ibrahimovic suspension?

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ibrahimovic and Mings have both been charged by the FA.

Ibra to face a three-match ban, Mings could face more.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ironic, isn't it? My plan was no Aguero till GW32 unless he had an earlier DGW. He did, so I got him in. Now Zlatan will get a 3-game ban, I'll need to remove Zlatan for Lukaku and I am stuck with Kun again. He's like Velcro. :x :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Joccki_10 wrote:Ibrahimovic and Mings have both been charged by the FA.

both will be hit hard but they'll be merciless with Mings

3 for Ibra and 5 for Mings I reckon

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Gambit wrote: both will be hit hard but they'll be merciless with Mings
"Pathetic Earthlings... who can save you now?"

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Ironic, isn't it? My plan was no Aguero till GW32 unless he had an earlier DGW. He did, so I got him in. Now Zlatan will get a 3-game ban, I'll need to remove Zlatan for Lukaku and I am stuck with Kun again. He's like Velcro. :x :lol:
You won't be getting Llorente?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Mr Clarinet wrote:
Flash Gordon was a polo player in the original comic book series, then an NFL player in the remakes. Perhaps it's time for another update where he actually plays in MLS and therefore could actually save our earthling FPL teams from Mings with a Landon Donovon style transfer!?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Ironic, isn't it? My plan was no Aguero till GW32 unless he had an earlier DGW. He did, so I got him in. Now Zlatan will get a 3-game ban, I'll need to remove Zlatan for Lukaku and I am stuck with Kun again. He's like Velcro. :x :lol:
No. I had a look at my forward plan today and I'll hold Aguero and switch him for Harry, Lord Essex in GW29. I don't see the -4 being worthwhile for 1 game, he's more likely to blank than score.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Mav3rick wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:
Flash Gordon was a polo player in the original comic book series, then an NFL player in the remakes. Perhaps it's time for another update where he actually plays in MLS and therefore could actually save our earthling FPL teams from Mings with a Landon Donovon style transfer!?
Bob Bradley failed the audition...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Gambit wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Ibrahimovic and Mings have both been charged by the FA.

both will be hit hard but they'll be merciless with Mings

3 for Ibra and 5 for Mings I reckon
And so Mings should. That was a terrible stamp to the head, and he knew what he was doing.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: Ibrahimovic suspension?

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Ironic, isn't it? My plan was no Aguero till GW32 unless he had an earlier DGW. He did, so I got him in. Now Zlatan will get a 3-game ban, I'll need to remove Zlatan for Lukaku and I am stuck with Kun again. He's like Velcro. :x Image
No. I had a look at my forward plan today and I'll hold Aguero and switch him for Harry, Lord Essex in GW29. I don't see the -4 being worthwhile for 1 game, he's more likely to blank than score.
Spot on logic same here

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
It's not really a -4 though, it's -2 + attacking returns. 2 points is a small price to pay for a potential haul.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

gallus wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
It's not really a -4 though, it's -2 + attacking returns. 2 points is a small price to pay for a potential haul.
Depends on how many players you are likely to field, but yes, same situation here.

I'll be bringing Kane in in GW29, no matter what. So still pondering over a move for Llorente.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

With the sort of ego Ibra has, it was only a matter of time a defender was going to get under his skin and he was going to land himself in hot water. United are in serious trouble now.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 06 Mar 2017, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

gallus wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
A hit is always -4. :|

I'm well aware of the mathematics when you have a short team but still that -4 must be justified in one game unless it's a player you want anyway. In this case it isn't, that slot is for Kane. If Llorente doesn't score (more likely than not) then I'm probably better off with the 4 points in my pocket. Plus it would be a -8 in any case and I tend to hyperventilate when I do that. :o

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
gallus wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
A hit is always -4. :|

I'm well aware of the mathematics when you have a short team but still that -4 must be justified in one game unless it's a player you want anyway. In this case it isn't, that slot is for Kane. If Llorente doesn't score (more likely than not) then I'm probably better off with the 4 points in my pocket. Plus it would be a -8 in any case and I tend to hyperventilate when I do that. :o
-6, if you have a 2 point Sub to play....

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

A hit is -4

If you take it to replace a man who'll likely score 2p, you need the replacement to score 6p to just break even.
That's a standard, every gw consideration, nothing exotic.
That doesn't mean the transfer costs you -6p, it always costs -4p

If you take it to replace a banned/injured/dropped player, in a normal week you should indeed have a 2p sub to bring on, and you still should expect 2+4=6p to break even

In a blank week, you very likely don't have XI to field, leave alone a sub to bring on.
RNZ has indeed 7+Barnes+1FT+Lukaku for a hit to field, and he was considering whether to take a 2nd hit to have X+Barnes to play

So he can get 0 from Kun, or spend -4 to get Llorente score.
Assuming Llorente is almost assured of 2p, the balance won't be worst that -2p
Llorente just needs 4p for RNZ to break even on the move.
An assist and RNZ gains 1p, a goal gains 2p, then there's bonuses, YC, etc.

FFFix currently say Llorente GW28 EV is 3.4p
FFS say 3.6p
For how you think those projections are just indicative, not very reliable and often off target, still they're a sign RNZ is right in considering that hit has not likely a positive expectation.
And he's not the kind to take punts or gamble

http://fantasyoverlord.com/FPL/PlayerPointForecasts otoh credit Llorente with 5.2, and Carroll with 4.0, so both shoukd be worth the risk, according to them.
But Archy just discovered the site 2 weeks ago, and they appear to work on a different points scale ;)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:...RNZ is right in considering that hit has not likely a positive expectation. And he's not the kind to take punts or gamble.
Actually I am, MoSe, but I like to select them rather than being driven. :P

I will be taking a -4 to get King (who I preferred to a 2nd Liverpool mid) and Lukaku for Zlatan and Sterling. And I have seriously considered the -8 to get Llorente for Aguero as well. Llorente has good fixtures and if I was in a 3-4-3 structure where I could keep him then I'd probably do it. But I'm not and switching would take surgery and extra hits.

That's the thing with this effective -2 idea. If it means another hit is subsequently needed it's an effective -6. :shock:

It's just a gamble I don't fancy on this occasion is all.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:That's the thing with this effective -2 idea. If it means another hit is subsequently needed it's an effective -6. :shock:
Ok in general.

But in this case you said yourself that either
Kun :arrow: GW29 Kane
or
Kun :arrow: GW28 Llorente :arrow: GW29 Kane

see also viewtopic.php?p=3025503#p3025503

so the "if" does not apply, no other hit will be subsequently needed other than the already planned ones (unless you later change[d] your mind)
Llorente would cost you -4p on GW28, period. If he scores 4p you're even. If he scores 2p you lose -2p. Fact.

Don't want to risk he gets less than 4p? Fine, I don't blame you, I might even agree :mrgreen:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, I moved from the specific to the general without much indication that I had done so. :?

My reason for no Llorente is that he must score 5+ in GW28 to put me ahead. I can't offset any future performance because it would only be for 1 week. I don't really like the odds of him doing so and even if he did it would most likely only be a point or two gained.

It's true that the downside is limited to 4 points (unless he gets sent off and gets into Zlatan territory) whereas the upside is rather more than that. But I find myself in the mode of trying to make small gains right now and not give up any territory. The big push will come when I wildcard in GW30. Or the big decline. :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

No objection to that :)

actually, this is an Ibra topic, and you stated you're considering Ibra :arrow: Lukaku, while we ended talking here about Kun :arrow: Llorente :mrgreen:
I figure it would interest those in the same situation who alredy own Lukaku and are considering Ibra :arrow: Llorente
  • Personally,
    I shipped Ibra (rather than Sanchez, who I then dropped anyway) in his GW26 blank:
    Ibra :arrow: Lukaku (who I got 6p + 6p from)
    I had got 6.25ppg from Zlatan in GW18-25

then did Defoe :arrow: Llorente in GW27 (amongst others :mrgreen: )
    you might say I was lucky to timely get his 4th 13p haul :o since GW13 (when he got 15p), tbf the fixture was juicy indeed
    Defoe had served me excelletly since GW2, had I anticipated this move to GW26 (taking a hit as well), I'd have only gained 1p (7p vs 2p)

I could apply your same reasoning to my eventual Kun :arrow: Carroll move, it would also be my 2nd hit
    with the difference that I haven't planned my GW29 transfers yet, so I'm not sure I won't spend them elsewhere and keep Kun v Liv :?
    nor I'm set to play WC30 yet, waiting for FA rescheduling announcement
on topic, for those who still have to shed Ibra
of course
Ibra :arrow: Lukaku or
Ibra :arrow: Llorente
appear to be the mainstream GW28 picks

in case they already own both, or Lukaku at least,
would they tho consider
Ibra :arrow: Carroll?
of course this is said in the optic they want/need to fill a hole in their GW28 XI
if they can wait GW30, they can do Ibra :arrow: Gabbiadini :P (who's @spurs GW29)

Carroll was likened to a lamppost yesterday viewtopic.php?p=3025540#p3025540 :mrgreen:
but tbf he was coming back after 1 month, and it was Chelsea defence
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39099634
Chelsea quell Carroll threat
But perhaps what gave [West Ham] fans greatest belief of a win was the return of Carroll, back after a month out with a groin injury - and the big striker was central to the Hammers' tactics.
In the opening 20 minutes, both Snodgrass and Feghouli provided the ex-Newcastle and Liverpool forward with high lofted balls. Unfortunately for Hammers manager Slaven Bilic, Chelsea had done their homework as their defenders repeatedly prevented Carroll from having an effort on goal.
He became a peripheral figure in the second half as West Ham looked for a new way of breaching the visitors' defence.
Carroll's fixtures (bou,LEI,hul) are not much worse than Llorente's ones (hul,bou,MID) ...indeed they're almost the same
in the 11 games he played consecutively (GW14-24) he scored 6 goals, and he played less than 30' in 3 of those 11
Llorente scored 11 in 24, although admittedly his team had ups and downs thru managerial changes

I never saw Big Andy play, but I realised he has a lot of estimators here in Fiso, and if you have enough wood to knock on ;) ,
he might be a comparable alternative to Llorente imho both for GW28 only, and for GW28-30 too if you're considering that span for a 6.2/6.4m fwd
:?:
surely better than Gray/Rondon, and Deeney is in great form but blanks GW28

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I'm terrible at that, MoSe, sorry. I forget what the thread is and just respond to what is written. Badly brought up on FFS I suppose. :roll:

I see you took a -16 last week. Blimey, that was bold. :shock: Sterling :arrow: Coutinho this week for you? Or are you taking some more hits?

I really don't think I'd be taking a hit for Carroll, whether to replace Zlatan or (in your case) Kun. I'd far rather shift Eriksen for Antonio instead, I think he's the best West Ham player to be having. Kane is a better Zlatan (Kun) replacement I feel; in addition it's not Gabbiadini that I'd want as a cheaper striker, it's Deeney. Have a look at his career record, he is nearly always stronger in the 2nd half of the season and I have him down quite firmly as a Spring player. I made some notes on that a while ago, I'll see if I can find them and PM them. But either way, Gabbiadini or Deeney both look attractive (and will have DGWs) and are the reason I'm planning to revert to 3-4-3 with the GW30 wildcard.

The fixtures should be visible by the GW30 deadline, by the way. Most of them, anyway; it partly depends on how far United go in the FAC and EL.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Post deleted, was meant to be a PM. :roll:

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

Ruth_NZ wrote:it partly depends on how far United go in the FAC and EL.
Well the answer to the first will be "next Monday", the second is less easy to define.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”