To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
matmutte
FISOhead

Re: Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

Post by matmutte »

Superb news which brings some additional spice to the game, obviously City's reserves need to beat Huddersfield and that's not guaranteed although very likely.
I was set on shipping Sterling to Firmino this week but obvisouly will cancel this move. Will probably bring Aguero as well for DGW27. I believe that Aguero will play both games. He had some rest when Jesus played 3 in a row and these are extremely important games for City to ensure a top 4 finish, which i think is higher priority than Champions League and FA cup.
To get Aguero the right move is to get rid of Ibo who like stated above i was only keeping for his captaincy in GW27.
Crouch from Stoke is a great option, allowing to fund Liverpool midfielders for GW28.
Last edited by matmutte on 22 Feb 2017, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: DGW Early Scan

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote: Perhaps we should now just be thinking of City as simply a team with one blank (like, say, Spurs or Chelsea). Whatever happens in the cup, getting in a City player for GW27 is not much different to getting in a blankless player in terms of fixtures numbers - except that it is if we take captaincy in a DGW into account. So getting a City captain in looks a good move to me, but getting in a second attacker? I'm not so sure yet.
I disagree with this. Spurs mid :arrow: City mid :arrow: Liverpool mid gives you 3 fixtures in GW 27 & GW 28. Keeping the Spurs mid gives you one fixture. That's hardly the same, but it does burn two transfers.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Nice, seeing as I already have Sterling and Aguerooooo!

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Hmm. Back to the drawing board for me.

My previous thinking included Alli -> Siggy for GW27 and then Siggy -> Sterling for GW32. There are other knock-ons too - continuing to hold Pieters as D4 much beyond GW27 now looks even more questionable if Stokes DGW is done and dusted, given their fixture run.

Interesting times (Huddersfield permitting!).

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

it makes a lot of sense for Sky to televise a league game whilst BT sport have Champions League on. They'd probably pay the UEFA fine just for the chance to piss BT off.

I'm liking the chaos and it makes me wonder who else has something in the pipeline. Nothing to stop the others from following suit is there?

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Wow! What a fun headache. Reconsidering my plans now I think I might go for Sanchez to Firmino (rather than Mane) to fund Kane to Aguero (c).

Depending on Sterling and Alli's form I would maybe transfer Alli out for Sterling but not sure yet.

I can see this adding a lot of transfers and hits to everyone's team because few people will have the guts to avoid an Aguero DGW against Stoke and Sunderland. I suppose some might keep faith with Ibra at home to Bournemouth?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

From4corners wrote:Nice, seeing as I already have Sterling and Aguerooooo!
Thinking about it, not so nice actually as now everyone will have both if the DGW is confirmed... :(

C'mon Huddersfield!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

sunbather wrote:I can see this adding a lot of transfers and hits to everyone's team because few people will have the guts to avoid an Aguero DGW against Stoke and Sunderland. I suppose some might keep faith with Ibra at home to Bournemouth?
Or both? ;)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

From4corners wrote:
From4corners wrote:Nice, seeing as I already have Sterling and Aguerooooo!
Thinking about it, not so nice actually as now everyone will have both if the DGW is confirmed... :(

C'mon Huddersfield!
Well, if Huddersfield win, City will have their game in GW28. So whatever happens, transfers will flow...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Imagine the panic if we get an announcement in the next few days that one of Arsenal's games will be rearranged for midweek GW28 if(/when) they go out to Bayern. Surely not an unimaginable event based on today's events! :shock:

I genuinely think we should be prepared for that to possibly happen. :?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Looks like I won't be taking Sterling out this week then...

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

It's a punch in the face for the 27,000 who already have !

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Easy one for me.

Going to ship Sanchez :arrow: Sterling

Then Kun :arrow: Crouch

Following BGW

Sterling :arrow: Siggy

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:Imagine the panic if we get an announcement in the next few days that one of Arsenal's games will be rearranged for midweek GW28 if(/when) they go out to Bayern. Surely not an unimaginable event based on today's events! :shock:

Would that actually change matters a lot?

They would still have blank GW26 and just SGW28.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

Post by Billy Bongo »

Finisher1 wrote:
Stemania wrote:Imagine the panic if we get an announcement in the next few days that one of Arsenal's games will be rearranged for midweek GW28 if(/when) they go out to Bayern. Surely not an unimaginable event based on today's events! :shock:

I don't think it can because it would clash with Europa games and they aren't allowed to do that so Arsenal can't have a double in 28

Costa to Aguero for 27 and Aguero to Carroll for 28 for me

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Billy Bongo wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

I don't think it can because it would clash with Europa games and they aren't allowed to do that so Arsenal can't have a double in 28

Yes, and even if the fixture would be rearranged in midweek 28, they would still have just SGW28, right? If it's not rearranged, then they have blank GW28.

By the way, why doesn't anyone use BGW as an abbreviation for a blank? :o

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

See fixture change thread

viewtopic.php?t=119438

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I guess if it happens the key question will be will Aguero play both games, or will Ians Nachos get a run out.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hasn't Nachos been a bit stale\soggy this season?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

OK so what's the trade off if we assume Man C win the FA Cup vs Huddersfield and that Aguero plays both games?

For me if I take no hits, it's captaining Aguero instead of Ibra vs not having Mane or Siggy in GW28, thus having 8 men instead of 10. I cannot reconcile getting Kun in. It's too much of a compromise for me. I imagine others are in a similar boat, including Ville I see, so it'll be interesting to see what exactly he does.

Of course, then there's the possibility of taking a -4 or -8 but how good a captain is Ibra vs the worst defence in the league??

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I seem to have ended up with 4.5m ITB so Kane to Aguero is prob on, though there isnt enough left for Allen - Siggy.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Already have 9 for gw28 (realistically 8, as one is Stanislas). Will be getting rid of a couple of GW28 blankers (Kane and Alli) for Aguero and Sterling for a hit as seems like a good idea now.

If it doesn't hamper your GW28 side too much, the DGW is too good for City to ignore surely...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Sutter Kane wrote:OK so what's the trade off if we assume Man C win the FA Cup vs Huddersfield and that Aguero plays both games?

For me if I take no hits, it's captaining Aguero instead of Ibra vs not having Mane or Siggy in GW28, thus having 8 men instead of 10. I cannot reconcile getting Kun in. It's too much of a compromise for me. I imagine others are in a similar boat, including Ville I see, so it'll be interesting to see what exactly he does.

Of course, then there's the possibility of taking a -4 or -8 but how good a captain is Ibra vs the worst defence in the league??
I think it's definitely going to be a team-by-team individual situation thing. Having messed around on the fpl site I think Kun actually fits my team a little better than Sterling does - I've so much money invested in the GW28-blanking strikers Kane/Ibra (possibly imminently to be Costa) that the money-off-the-pitch issue feels very much in those positions. I don't see a way I can easily get both Kun/Sterling (or two City attackers generally) without basically selling another player that I'd like to keep for an extra hit - Eriksen is the only midfield chop candidate in my case, and his fixtures post GW28 are vastly better than City's so that seems a poorish move for one extra fixture.

My personal compromise on Kun would essentially be one 4 point hit I think, and that looks worth it to me for effectively 4 games instead of 2. Ibra to Costa GW26, the worst-looking of Kane/Costa to Kun (c) GW27, then Kun/empty 5th mid to Carroll & Siggy (-4) for 10 (+ Stan) in GW28 is the best plan I can currently muster. Leaves pretty much exactly Siggy to Sanchez money GW29 so is my current preferred route. :D

The more I've fiddled so far the more compelling I've found the case not to damage my post GW28 team too much - or at least to leave the route to players I want after GW28 not too awkward. Looking at the post-GW28 fixtures I actually think Spurs players could very happily sit in a team all the way to the DGWs and Sanchez has a very nice run (with even a potential extra DGW in there). Liverpool, apart from the tricky (eve, MCI) in GW29/30 have a fantastic run for the whole remainder of the season. Carroll/WHU have some lovely games from GW29 (bou, LEI, hul, ars, SWA, sun). On the other hand it's really unfortunate how bad City's potential fixtures are from GW28 - makes me really doubt now that the Sterling hokey-cokey is going to be worth a (-4) in and another transfer (inevitably costing another -4 down the line) out, for my team anyway. :?

If anyone can get in two City attackers with very little damage to GW28 or too many hits then that's a great option (I don't think I can), but it's getting them back out again for (blank, LIV, ars, che) that would worry me.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes the problem is, it does directly hamper GW28 - my question is what are you losing by squeezing Aguero in? You're adding games in GW27 only to lose them in GW28, barring hits. Now hits can be used to sort of make sure you don't get destroyed by Kun in GW27, and then still have a strong GW28. With hits you can do anything of course!!

Stem, is there any other transfer you could make in GW26 other than bringing in Costa who misses a game in GW28, maybe Rondon? Can you do nothing and have 2 frees next week for eg? Just thinking it would give you more options either way...however you'd obviously not have Costa for Swansea home.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I personally don't think there are any appealing strikers for GW26 under Lukaku's price. Honestly, if fit I may have taken Carroll this week, but alas. :(

The only change the Kun route really makes to my plans at the moment is to add an extra transfer from Ibra to Costa (to Kun) to Carroll. So easily quantifiable as a -4 (though I guess then it could also be considered as "is Costa over Holebas this week worth a -4" for my team). Sterling would genuinely do too much damage to a structure I am fairly happy with (as the difference in price between Siggy and Sterling actually makes all the difference to what I can reach in GW27, irritatingly), but that's just my team and this probably isn't the thread for me to splurge too much on my own situation. :D

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Sutter Kane wrote:Yes the problem is, it does directly hamper GW28 - my question is what are you losing by squeezing Aguero in? You're adding games in GW27 only to lose them in GW28, barring hits. Now hits can be used to sort of make sure you don't get destroyed by Kun in GW27, and then still have a strong GW28. With hits you can do anything of course!!
Not necessarily. Transfering out Spurs/Chelsea/United/Arsenal players doesn't lose you any games in GW28.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes but those tranfers can be used to get in players who do play in GW28 such as Liverpool / Siggy / etc. So you are effectively losing those spots in GW28.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

So many options!

I've just enough money to do Ibra to Costa this week, and Phillips and Kane to Sterling and Aguero next. 0.0 means I'll probably struggle, plus it's -8 and leaves me with 8 for GW28 and 1ft.

Actually sounds alright...

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Billy Bongo wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

Gameweek 27 is also a European week though. You're saying Arsenal can't do exactly what Man City are doing! (subject to fa cup progress). They can't have a double but they could have a cup match and a re arranged league match.

Anyway, this is all quite intriguing. I was looking at Sterling as a good option for for weeks 27 and 28 if man city are knocked out by Huddersfield (which I think is an under-rated possibility) - this achieves some thing similiar.

Debatable whether double - blank is better than single - single. You get the bonus of being able to captain a doubler and then maybe transfer them on.... But also a slightly greater risk of rotation with the games closer together.

I have no man city at all currently - though I have Crouch! Worth keeping a close eye on.
Last edited by OIEIAO on 23 Feb 2017, 13:31, edited 2 times in total.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Im going to the obvious thing here i.e. bring in Peter Crouch.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”