To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

Post by maradonash »

Sound the DGW 27 Klaxon!!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: DGW Early Scan

Post by Finisher1 »

Interesting. I guess I won't do Ibra :arrow: Costa now, rather save 2FT for GW27.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

hmm I was set on Giroud -> Costa, but now I might save a transfer and do Giroud -> Aguero next week

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Sterling becomes the runaway captain favorite for GW27?

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Pretty huge news. Was anybody anticipating this?

Will be rolling my second free transfer now and see how things pan out. Aguero will be popular, that´s for sure.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Sterling becomes the runaway captain favorite for GW27?
You think Aguero is a rotation risk?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

DGW Early Scan

Post by Joccki_10 »

Can someone make this a little clearer, showing us which fixtures will belong to which GW and when they will take place if City beat Huddersfield (?) next Wednesday at home?
Last edited by Joccki_10 on 22 Feb 2017, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Looks like Kane to Kun next week for me

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Finisher1 wrote:
Hard to say. Can you say that he's nailed? I don't know for sure anyone knows (besides Pep) that he's nailed. If there's any doubt then he's by definition a rotation risk. If I thought Aguero was nailed I would certainly bring him in and captain him for the double gameweek. I have the funds to do it with 2 frees. Sterling seems far more likely to start both games though.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Alli :arrow: Sane :arrow: Coutinho for me if it happens.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
Hard to say. Can you say that he's nailed? I don't know for sure anyone knows (besides Pep) that he's nailed. If there's any doubt then he's by definition a rotation risk. If I thought Aguero was nailed I would certainly bring him in and captain him for the double gameweek. I have the funds to do it with 2 frees. Sterling seems far more likely to start both games though.
I'm not an Aguero expert so I don't know how nailed he is. I just think he has a remarkably better points potential than Sterling whenever he plays. So, I thought you had some reason to be worried about Aguero's game time when you said "Sterling is the runaway captain favorite".

Exactly how many times has Aguero been rotated before Jesus arrived? I don't recall it has been that common, has it?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

How may important games do Man C have back to back (every 3 or so days) from 5th March? A lot; I cannot see me getting in any Citeh players. I'll captain Ibra at home to Bournemouth as planned. Not even taking into account Pep's rotation...

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

6 games in a row. In 18 days. The least important ones are the two ties vs S'land and Stoke. He'll play one of them.

Editing gone mad.
Last edited by Sutter Kane on 22 Feb 2017, 17:17, edited 2 times in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Wow - big news. They realised the problem then! :lol:

Hmmm....what a horrible one to navigate this would be. I bet that no team has ever had a Blank-DGW-Blank before in FPL, certainly not a big gun!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

wow, this will certainly shake things up.

Aguero, Sterling, Sane seem the obvious players to consider but Pep is such a nuisance for rotation I can see myself having nightmares about what to do. They will have no GW28 and their tough GW29 fixture v Liverpool is just four days after the return leg in Monaco :?

Will have to get at least one City attacking option (maybe two) but the thought of them then only playing one full game of DGW27 is very worrying. Not sure I will risk the TC though, think I will save that for somebody I think is more nailed in the later DGW's.

Looking forward to seeing how people will navigate this, could be some dramatic swings on the back of what happens.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

I'm thinking of Lukaku :arrow: Agüero :arrow: Lukaku, but then all those Lukaku profits will be gone.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Man City Potential Double Gameweek 27

Post by Stemania »

Thread split from DGW Early Scan thread as it will no doubt be a huge subtopic in its own right.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Joccki_10 wrote:Can someone make this a little clearer, showing us which fixtures will belong to which GW and when they will take place if City beat Huddersfield (?) next Wednesday at home?
If City progress

GW26 Blank
GW27 SUN(A), STO(H)
GW28 Blank

If City go out

GW26 Blank
GW27 SUN(A)
GW28 STO(H)

I have no idea what to do yet, but this is brilliant! :mrgreen:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

and what of Stoke options?

City's defending last night was like a pub team and home to Boro is a decent fixture, are Crouch/Arnie etc decent options?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I think I'd be delighted if I was a Grant/Pieters owner, but even with a double it doesn't look that rosy for Stoke in terms of transfers in:

If City progress, Stoke have

GW26 TOT(A)
GW27 MID(H), MCI(A)
GW28 Blank

If City go out, Stoke have

GW26 TOT(A)
GW27 MID(H)
GW28 MCI(A)

CHE(H) in GW29 too.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Stemania wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Can someone make this a little clearer, showing us which fixtures will belong to which GW and when they will take place if City beat Huddersfield (?) next Wednesday at home?
If City progress

GW26 Blank
GW27 SUN(A), STO(H)
GW28 Blank

If City go out

GW26 Blank
GW27 SUN(A)
GW28 STO(H)

I have no idea what to do yet, but this is brilliant! :mrgreen:
Thanks.

Somehow I thought it had something to do with the fixture Middlesbrough-City in GW35. But it's their FA Cup meeting of course.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Stemania wrote:I think I'd be delighted if I was a Grant/Pieters owner, but even with a double it doesn't look that rosy for Stoke in terms of transfers in:

If City progress, Stoke have

GW26 TOT(A)
GW27 MID(H), MCI(A)
GW28 Blank

If City go out, Stoke have

GW26 TOT(A)
GW27 MID(H)
GW28 MCI(A)

CHE(H) in GW29 too.
fair enough, but I have seen talk of bringing in players (such as Sterling) for DGW27 and then transferring them out for GW28, if going down that road isn't it conceivable that Arnie could beat Sterling/Sane over DGW27, certainly he'd be less likely to be benched?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'd rather double up on City attack if I had spare transfers than waste them on Stoke players. But transfering a player with gw28 blank out for a City player in gw27 seems like a good move.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Meanwhile, in the FPL graveyard, lots of zombie teams with Aguero (c) are suddenly feeling restless...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:Interesting. I guess I won't do Ibra :arrow: Costa now, rather save 2FT for GW27.
I'm in exactly the same situation. The odd thing is that whilst holding off the transfer to save the frees seems more obvious now, keeping Ibra in his own right seems a much worse plan. The main potential upside for keeping Ibra through two blanks was because he was a very good GW27 captain candidate - even in that knowledge I was probably selling for Costa anyway. But if City assets are now likely to trump Ibra's captaincy appeal in GW27 then he's just a very expensive 11.x player with blank-SGW-blank. That's an auto sell in any other situation!! :shock:

It's not at all clear to me what a better plan would be with Ibra though - selling for Kun next week, then either selling Kun in GW28 (but no obvious candidates for those with Lukaku already) or again having to accept a 11-13 million pound player in one striker slot having two blanks in three weeks? Neither looks that good, nor does keeping Ibra. :?

Perhaps we should now just be thinking of City as simply a team with one blank (like, say, Spurs or Chelsea). Whatever happens in the cup, getting in a City player for GW27 is not much different to getting in a blankless player in terms of fixtures numbers - except that it is if we take captaincy in a DGW into account. So getting a City captain in looks a good move to me, but getting in a second attacker? I'm not so sure yet.

I can't see myself not being tempted into Sterling in in GW27, and Siggy in for Sterling GW28 though, that's the problem. No Kun and Sterling(c) doesn't exactly feel amazing, or quite right, though. :P

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Agree that this makes Ibra a worse option. I'll now be switching Ibra to Costa this week to give me the money for Aguero and Sterling next week. Got to take the gamble on this one.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Stemania wrote:
I can't see myself not being tempted into Sterling in in GW27, and Siggy in for Sterling GW28 though, that's the problem. No Kun and Sterling(c) doesn't exactly feel amazing, or quite right, though. :P
Yeah, I think my move will be Alli > Sterling in GW 27, then Sterling > Sig in GW28. Leaves me with only 8 in GW28, but I'll have a great squad in GW27 and I'll be in good shape in GW29 as well.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Yep, compromise certainly seems the keyword. With (LIV, ars, che) from GW29-31, keeping City assets past GW27 doesn't seem so wise. :D

For me I think that will mean only one City player? But Kun (c) - oooh he's a tempter. :lol:

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Anyone given any serious thought to wildcarding into 27 to prepare for 27, 28 (and beyond where possible)? It would also allow transfers to be used now to benefit 26 so could potentially aid three game weeks.

Bench boost and triple captain could still be saved for later double game weeks. Roll the transfer post wildcard to allow two frees for 29.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

This news got me well unprepared and I'm going to have a -4 instead of actually banking a transfer for the next 3weeks as planned.
Plan as it seems now is :
GW26: Giroud to Costa (FT)
GW27: Costa to Aguero and Alli to Sterling (-4)
GW28: Sterling to King/Coutinho (FT)

And in that case I will also have to play 10 unless I decide that Amat to Fernandez or Robertson is worth another -4. Will also mean I'll hold Ibra through the blanks without captaining him that is not perfect but I would rather have him than Costa for GW27.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”