To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW26 Captaincy Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

No Sanchez, no Ibra... who is your man?

Costa (SWA)
24%
Hazard (SWA)
5%
Benteke (MID)
No votes
Lukaku (SUN)
56%
Rondon (BOU)
1%
Deeney (WHU)
1%
Niang (WHU)
No votes
Kane (STO)
8%
Eriksen (STO)
1%
Ali (STO)
1%
Mane (lei)
2%
Firmino (lei)
No votes
Lallana (lei)
No votes
Coutinho (lei)
No votes

Total votes: 165

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

GW26 Captaincy Poll

Post by Payet »

Rondon/Mane for me.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW26 Captaincy Poll

Post by gallus »

Costa (c), Lukaku (v)

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I have Costa, Kane, and Lukaku, and it's really a 33/33/33 decision at the moment.

Two weeks to worry about that, not going to think about it now.

Rixel
Kevin and Perry

Post by Rixel »

Sunderland just lost 0-4 to Southampton at home and go to Everton next..

Lukaku.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

If there ever was a chip to get both your captain and vice-captain scores doubled - outside a DGW - I would use it now.

Lukaku (C), Costa (VC).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Joccki_10 wrote:If there ever was a chip to get both your captain and vice-captain scores doubled - outside a DGW - I would use it now.

Lukaku (C), Costa (VC).
Yes and no: Lulukaka and Mane :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Lukaku (C)
Kane (V)

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Hazard/Lukaku or vice versa

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Lukaku or Costa for me. Probably Kak as Costa is a differential as it is in my league so any points will be a bonus.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Lucuckold (C) Costa (VC)

Might change depending on Swansea's defensive performance & Chelsea's attacking performance.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Kane from my current lot, but I will most likely bring at least one of Lukaku or Costa in before deadline which will make the decision tougher.

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

No direct criticism intended to the poll creator at all, as the point I'm about to make is more of a general observation about our FPL thinking :

Supposing I said that of all the available players for GW26, many of you could captain a guy who plays for the strongest team in the league and has a solid home fixture.
He is playing OOP and is nailed on.
And with Alexis not featuring this week, this guy has the (joint) highest Points-Per-Match (6.1) of anyone who has played more than 5 games.
I'm talking about Marcos Alonso.

Yes, yes, I know that 21 of his points came in one game. But was that really that much of a fluke? He'd been threatening a haul like that for some time.

I accept that the likes of Hazard and Costa are much more likely to return what you might call a 'typical good captain score' of between 8 and 12 points.
But for those of us who have neither, then I would much prefer to throw the armband to Alonso this week than say a Deeney or a Rondon.

As it happens I do have Lukaku and will retain a conservative outlook with my mini-leagues in mind. Marcos will be my VC.
I'm just intrigued as to why most of us don't give him a second thought, particularly in a week when many of the big-hitters aren't playing. :? :)

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Thinking it has to be on Lukaku but I am absolutely fearing getting trolled by him this week.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Lukaku C
Costa VC

Cantank
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: na

Post by Cantank »

Lukaku (C)
Mane/Costa (VC)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mane has become a real contender since Leicester lost to Millwall.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Brunt.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Between Costa and Lukaku for me.

Chelsea have scored on average 3.17 goals at home in the league
Swansea have conceded on average 2.17 goals away in the league

Everton have scored on average 2.08 goals at home in the league
Sunderland have conceded on average 1.83 goals away in the league

Currently on Costa, his record against Swansea is phenomenal. I know they have hit some form as of late but Chelsea seems to be unstoppable at the Bridge.

Also i'm currently 65 points behind my mini league leader who I assume will captain Lukaku so feel I need to do something different.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

What about Lukaku at home though? Especially in the last half of the season so far. I feel Chelsea have more options to score which makes Costa captain less worthwhile though he assists more than I thought. Costa also rarely hauls but Swansea are one of his favourites if you believe in that sort of thing. A rejuvenated Swansea though...

In short I can see Everton have larger potential for absolutely destroying Sunderland whereas I can only see 2-3 goals for Chelsea. Swansea won't capitulate imo.

I don't have Costa but I do have Hazard, it's Lukaku for me.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Sutter Kane wrote:What about Lukaku at home though? Especially in the last half of the season so far. I feel Chelsea have more options to score which makes Costa captain less worthwhile though he assists more than I thought. Costa also rarely hauls but Swansea are one of his favourites if you believe in that sort of thing. A rejuvenated Swansea though...

In short I can see Everton have larger potential for absolutely destroying Sunderland whereas I can only see 2-3 goals for Chelsea. Swansea won't capitulate imo.

I don't have Costa but I do have Hazard, it's Lukaku for me.
Fair point. After taking a look at this, here's their home stats:

Costa - Played: 11 scored: 7 assists: 5 blanks: 1
Lukaku - Played: 11 scored: 9 assists: 3 blanks: 5

I agree Lukaku is more likely to explode but also more common to blank. It's a tough one this week.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Arsenal4EvERr wrote:
Also i'm currently 65 points behind my mini league leader who I assume will captain Lukaku so feel I need to do something different.
I'm 61p behind mine currently. I decided to try and close the gap when i was 70p behind and captain my differential Kane when Lukaku got his haul a few weeks back, which he selected as predicted.
I am desperate to close the gap and while Costa could do that I know I still have 13 game weeks to catch up (5points a week) and may play safe with who he will captain I believe (Lukaku) as any decent Costa haul would still be a bonus for me to move closer.

Having said all that I think Lukaku will score well this GW and will be going for him either way as he was my 1st choice captaincy for this GW.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Lukaku (c) here also. Kane (vc)

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

cesc408 wrote:
Arsenal4EvERr wrote:
I'm 61p behind mine currently. I decided to try and close the gap when i was 70p behind and captain my differential Kane when Lukaku got his haul a few weeks back, which he selected as predicted.
I am desperate to close the gap and while Costa could do that I know I still have 13 game weeks to catch up (5points a week) and may play safe with who he will captain I believe (Lukaku) as any decent Costa haul would still be a bonus for me to move closer.

Having said all that I think Lukaku will score well this GW and will be going for him either way as he was my 1st choice captaincy for this GW.
I keep going against the grain (Aguero + Siggy) in last 2 weeks compared to (Lukaku + Sanchez) so maybe i'll just go Lukaku this week and hope the rest of my team make up a gap

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Lukaku (c), Costa (vc)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Anyone captaining Manè since Raneiri has been sacked?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Anyone captaining Manè since Raneiri has been sacked?
I brought him in before. Maybe a chaos 1 match bounce, though? (that or they will get tonked ie I see Leicester scraping a 1-0 win, or low scoring draw, or conceding 3+)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It's the same coin flip for me on Costa and Lukaku - about as close as they come imo. It's been sat on Costa for the last day or so but I'd be perfectly happy with either. I've got a nagging doubt that a 5atb sitting back Sunderland is just the sort of team Everton may struggle to break down, but similarly Swansea have improved a lot recently (if not actually too much in defensive stats).

It feels like I've got a good team on the pitch this week with Kane/Eriksen and 2 Liverpool mids backing up the top two captaincy candidates and it would be annoying to ruin it by being done over by the popular candidate, but I think I'm going to leave it on the Chelsea man by the smallest of margins. I just hope both get roughly the same and score big to be honest. :D

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Costa (Lukaku) here. Tough choice between the two, hopefully they both get good points as it's going to be harsh on anyone who has both if one scores heavily and they captain the other...

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Any other love for Baines?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

scarletjim wrote:Costa (Lukaku) here. Tough choice between the two, hopefully they both get good points as it's going to be harsh on anyone who has both if one scores heavily and they captain the other...[/quote

It's another one of those potential big swings in the offing again. Get on the wrong side of a few of these 50/50s and it's goodnight.
Smurphy's Paw wrote:Any other love for Baines?
Too many other good options. He'll need a penalty really.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”