To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW26 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 25th Feb 2017, 14:00 GMT

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
scarletjim
Dumbledore

Re: GW26 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 25th Feb 2017, 14:00 GMT

Post by scarletjim »

Archy wrote:Kane has 14 goals from 19 PL appearances, a better strike rate than Lukaku, Costa or Ibra.

If thats his return while playing shit, I can't wait for him to start playing well :D
This is an important point - some people just plays stats, ignoring the actual football that they (can if they wish to) see, some people ignore the stats, basing their decisions purely on the football that they watch, and some (most I expect) do a combination of the two. Over the years, there is no conclusive evidence that I've seen to suggest that either end of the spectrum, or any place on it, is any better than any other. Spurs fans like me who watch 90 mins of every Spurs game may see serious flaws in Kane's play recently, but others may just see his stats - can I be 100% confident that my view is of more value? Perhaps not. Perhaps it's me who is missing something, and the pure stats guys who are 'right'. But it would feel immoral not to point out what I've observed watching him recently. If people prefer to concentrate on stats and ignore the actual football, that's their call, and it may indeed be the right one. :)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

scarletjim wrote:
Archy wrote:Kane has 14 goals from 19 PL appearances, a better strike rate than Lukaku, Costa or Ibra.

If thats his return while playing shit, I can't wait for him to start playing well :D
This is an important point - some people just plays stats, ignoring the actual football that they (can if they wish to) see, some people ignore the stats, basing their decisions purely on the football that they watch, and some (most I expect) do a combination of the two. Over the years, there is no conclusive evidence that I've seen to suggest that either end of the spectrum, or any place on it, is any better than any other. Spurs fans like me who watch 90 mins of every Spurs game may see serious flaws in Kane's play recently, but others may just see his stats - can I be 100% confident that my view is of more value? Perhaps not. Perhaps it's me who is missing something, and the pure stats guys who are 'right'. But it would feel immoral not to point out what I've observed watching him recently. If people prefer to concentrate on stats and ignore the actual football, that's their call, and it may indeed be the right one. :)
You have to look at both the qualitative and quantitative aspects really. I'm very much about the former and tend to be lazy with the latter, which is one of the reasons I come here because there are players who do a lot of stats research and don't keep it to themselves. People who have a knack for spotting details that can only be found by watching are just as valuable as those who are good with statistics.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Have 11 at the moment so will wait and see on Andy Carroll's news - assuming he'll be back I'll save and prep for GW 28.

Very happy with the side I can put out, more through luck/coincidence rather than planning - only Tom Carroll vs. Chelsea that I'm not expecting anything from...

Wonder how many of the 25k+ that have transferred Gabbiadini in have realised he doesnt have a game?...

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Scottoffee wrote:Have 11 at the moment so will wait and see on Andy Carroll's news - assuming he'll be back I'll save and prep for GW 28.

Very happy with the side I can put out, more through luck/coincidence rather than planning - only Tom Carroll vs. Chelsea that I'm not expecting anything from...

Wonder how many of the 25k+ that have transferred Gabbiadini in have realised he doesnt have a game?...
I did not get Gabbiadini in as he does not fit my short term plans but he will take time to settle in and he has the blanks as you say.
This will have been known to many but getting him in will have been a short term risk that was worth it, and the price was right for the points. :)

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Oxford NZ wrote:
Scottoffee wrote:Have 11 at the moment so will wait and see on Andy Carroll's news - assuming he'll be back I'll save and prep for GW 28.

I did not get Gabbiadini in as he does not fit my short term plans but he will take time to settle in and he has the blanks as you say.
This will have been known to many but getting him in will have been a short term risk that was worth it, and the price was right for the points. :)
No, 25k+ have transferred him in this GW - so missed out on yesterdays points!

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

math! wrote:
scarletjim wrote:

You have to look at both the qualitative and quantitative aspects really. I'm very much about the former and tend to be lazy with the latter, which is one of the reasons I come here because there are players who do a lot of stats research and don't keep it to themselves. People who have a knack for spotting details that can only be found by watching are just as valuable as those who are good with statistics.
Personally, I made a big mistake by judging Kane on his 'form' ths year. Held him for the plum home ties in GW15 and 16, then dropped him because he did nothing in those games. Was punished by Sod's law - he went and scored 6 in the next 4 games while out of my team.

I think a closer look at the stats may help his explain his observed poor form. In the last 3 months (since he returned from injury) he has played 15 games. Out of those 15 he has failed to score 8 times. Of those 8 times, 5 were against Top 6 opponents (Chelsea twice, Man City, Man U, Liverpool). He has a run of 9 games now without any such opponent, which suggests he should have an easier/better time of things in the games to come.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Archy wrote:
math! wrote:
scarletjim wrote:

Personally, I made a big mistake by judging Kane on his 'form' ths year. Held him for the plum home ties in GW15 and 16, then dropped him because he did nothing in those games. Was punished by Sod's law - he went and scored 6 in the next 4 games while out of my team.

I think a closer look at the stats may help his explain his observed poor form. In the last 3 months (since he returned from injury) he has played 15 games. Out of those 15 he has failed to score 8 times. Of those 8 times, 5 were against Top 6 opponents (Chelsea twice, Man City, Man U, Liverpool). He has a run of 9 games now without any such opponent, which suggests he should have an easier/better time of things in the games to come.
Lets not forget the initial fannying around with 442 and dropping Kane back to CAM as Poch struggled to fit in Janssen. Lamela's injury left Spurs a bit clueless about how they were going to play, especially how to fit Wanyama into a MF with Dembele & Dier. It was the CHelsea game I think, where Poch used CHelseas devastating formation against them where Spurs clicked and nailed a few great results. Now, we have a gaping hole in the left side of defence where Vertonghen holds court and Davies who simply cannot play the WB role - He was left standing against Mane's pace and offers little going forward. I think its all a little bit much to lay all this at the feet of Harry Kane...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'll definitely be shipping Ibra for either Lukaku or Costa. May even bring both in depending on Carroll's fitness. Also have Jones to think about.

Like many others though, I won't be doing anything until after the cup games.

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

scarletjim wrote:
Hotstepper wrote:Kane completely unconvincing.
I don't know what's been weirder this season, his poor form, or FPL players' ignorance of his poor form. Since his injury, he's been totally uninvolved in most games, looked lost at times, and yet many on this forum have continued to put their faith in him, and at times have been incredibly lucky as a result (recent hatrick being a great example). If you look on Spurs fan forums, we're all wondering what on earth the problem is - is it him, or is it the system perhaps? Either way, he's been very lacking in the last few months, and his FPL score during that period has been extremely flattering compared to the reality of how he's been playing. Don't get me wrong, I love Kane, I love is attitude and I love his Sheareresque style, but he's been awful for about 3 months now.
The way I see it, he just stays in around the danger area and scores tap-ins. He doesn't even try to get more involved in play and maybe that's a good thing! If he was getting dragged out of position to be more involved, he wouldn't be in the right place to score all those goals. I try not to get swayed by his actual performances - you've got to take him at his points potential. He's got a very nice run of games coming up over the next 9 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the top points scorer over those next 9 weeks. I'm going to remain patient because he'll continue to play awful football and get a penalty and a tap in every other game! I'll take it :)

amb5431
Wideboy

Post by amb5431 »

Probably De Bruyne :arrow: Hazard

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

Ibra :arrow: Costa

One other ft which will probably be Gabriel out for someone playing at the weekend.

What teams are blanking in gameweek 28?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I'm saying goodbye to my little Friend.

Friend :arrow: Coleman
Sánchez :arrow: Mané

Anyone got any thoughts on which of Baines or Coleman is the better pick? The current plan is Coleman for this week, with Baines likely to follow for GW28.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:I'm saying goodbye to my little Friend.

Friend :arrow: Coleman
Sánchez :arrow: Mané

Anyone got any thoughts on which of Baines or Coleman is the better pick? The current plan is Coleman for this week, with Baines likely to follow for GW28.
You not worried about a lack of Chelsea attacking coverage for the home game v Swansea?

Also considering Mane in for Sanchez.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:You not worried about a lack of Chelsea attacking coverage for the home game v Swansea?
Slightly, but I want to keep Ibra for captain in GW27, and I'm not convinced either of Hazard or Pedro are worth it quite frankly, having owned both at different points in the season. Chelsea have a couple of tricky away games after GW26, and Hazard doesn't seem to like scoring points in away games. Pedro could be better value but there's always the spectre of Willian hanging over him.

Swansea are a better side now than they were a few weeks ago, although Costa does have an exceptional scoring record against them.

These days I'd be more worried about a lack of attacking coverage from whoever is playing Leicester that weekend!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I'm not sure what to do. Provided Daniels or Holgate play I have 11 for GW26. BUT I have a list of desirable players who are going to rise in price and several of mine are going to plunge; I'm a bit nervous.

So anyone any bright ideas about what I should change?

Valdes (Grant)
Alonso Baines Brunt Daniels (or Holgate??)
Alli Pedro Phillips Carroll (Chez blank)
Costa Lukaku (Ibra blank)

Makes more sense surely to hold and use the FT's for GW28. Although Holgate for Mawson is tempting as is getting in Siggy but before the Chealsea game? and for who?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Are we still awaiting on a fitness check on Daniels or is he nailed now? The rest of the team looks good but I have not liked Alli much this season and I think Spurs are not as good as they were since beating Chelsea. Alli for Siggy after this GW maybe?

Shawshank
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shawshank »

Weisenwolf wrote:I'm not sure what to do. Provided Daniels or Holgate play I have 11 for GW26. BUT I have a list of desirable players who are going to rise in price and several of mine are going to plunge; I'm a bit nervous.

So anyone any bright ideas about what I should change?

Valdes (Grant)
Alonso Baines Brunt Daniels (or Holgate??)
Alli Pedro Phillips Carroll (Chez blank)
Costa Lukaku (Ibra blank)

Makes more sense surely to hold and use the FT's for GW28. Although Holgate for Mawson is tempting as is getting in Siggy but before the Chealsea game? and for who?
I'm not sure why you're nervous about price swings when your squad value is so good!? You can easily swallow the swings and still be in a strong position. I don't personally like having players who don't play every week, so I'd consider doing Holgate to a Hull/Swansea defender (both have games in gw28 and decent fixtures generally). But it makes sense to bank and address that when it becomes necessary

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Only Ibra with no game in GW26 so rolling unless there's a spate of serious injuries.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Is anyone thinking of bringing in Carroll (if fit!) for next week? Given they don't miss any games, it could save a transfer when GW28 comes around. Plus their fixtures aren't that bad.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Sanchez to Barkley done and sitting tight on my other FT depending on FA Cup scores/injuries.

Holding Ibra.

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Ibra :arrow: Costa (done) - Plan on buying Ibra back GW27 for Kane and captaining him at home to Bournemouth.

Also plan on doing Sanchez :arrow: Mane for a hit too. Will wait till after the cup games. Bought Sanchez at 11.4 so won't lose much selling him and buying him back in gw29.

Must add that I currently already have 8 players for GW28 and plan to add 1 more. If any big guns go out that should put me at 11 so not too worried about making earlier transfers.
Last edited by Arsenal4EvERr on 13 Feb 2017, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Sanchez :arrow: Mane a huge tempter, although Mane has some mixed fixtures coming up after Leicester.
May also replace Amat :oops: or Cedric.

Undecided on Ibra yet.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Oxford NZ wrote:Are we still awaiting on a fitness check on Daniels or is he nailed now? The rest of the team looks good but I have not liked Alli much this season and I think Spurs are not as good as they were since beating Chelsea. Alli for Siggy after this GW maybe?
Alli for Siggy is certainly a likely change next week. Probably Daniels, depending on fitness or Holgate out before GW28 too.

I thought about shipping Ibra but there is nobody fit I'm interested in
Last edited by Weisenwolf on 13 Feb 2017, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Got XI for the next GW, including Holgate, with Zlatan, Sanchez and Kos on the bench.

Kos out for someone cheaper to free up some more cash looks likeliest.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

blahblah wrote:Got XI for the next GW, including Holgate, with Zlatan, Sanchez and Kos on the bench.

Mawson?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Weisenwolf wrote:
blahblah wrote:Got XI for the next GW, including Holgate, with Zlatan, Sanchez and Kos on the bench.

Mawson?
I think he may be a longer term target due to going to Stamford Bridge, but he is the only one on the Shortlist atm - I have plenty of time to forget all about this 5hit 8-) :lol:

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Holding until after all CL and FACUP games. Depends on who gets knocked out of the latter.

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

Is it worth bringing in Costa for Ibra even though Chelsea will most likely blank in GW28? Their fixtures look too good even with the potential blank.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Coop13 wrote:Is it worth bringing in Costa for Ibra even though Chelsea will most likely blank in GW28? Their fixtures look too good even with the potential blank.
Yup - definitely a viable option.

ViscaBarca
FS Record: 76

Post by ViscaBarca »

This is probably a stupid question but are we supposed to substitute the players who don't play on the next gameday?As City and United for example don't play...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”