To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 Captaincy Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your captain?

Poll ended at 11 Feb 2017, 17:10

Alexis Alejandro Sánchez Sánchez (HUL)
49%
Theo James Walcott (HUL)
No votes
Olivier Giroud (HUL)
1%
Zlatan Ibrahimović (WAT)
26%
Henrikh Mkhitaryan (WAT)
1%
Paul Labile Pogba (WAT)
1%
Romelu Menama Lukaku (mid)
5%
Peter James Crouch (CPL)
No votes
Christian Benteke Liolo (sto)
No votes
Jermain Colin Defoe (SOU)
1%
Andrew Thomas "Andy" Carroll (WBA)
1%
Philippe Coutinho Correia (TOT)
1%
Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira (TOT)
1%
Sadio Mané (TOT)
1%
Harry Edward Kane (liv)
No votes
Christian Dannemann Eriksen (liv)
No votes
Bamidele Jermaine "Dele" Alli (liv)
No votes
Diego da Silva Costa (bur)
3%
Eden Michael Hazard (bur)
2%
Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma (bur)
No votes
Fernando Javier Llorente Torres (LEI)
No votes
Gabriel Fernando de Jesus (bou)
9%
Kevin De Bruyne (bou)
1%
Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero (bou)
1%
Raheem Shaquille Sterling (bou)
1%

Total votes: 175

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

GW25 Captaincy Poll

Post by Payet »

I think this will be the last chance for Alexis. I'm also tempted by Ibra.

ALAN1289
Treebeard

Re: GW25 Captaincy Poll

Post by ALAN1289 »

im tempted to stick with lukaku again

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Sanchez (c)
Ibra (vc)

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

Sanchez. Yesterday's blank was his first in 7 matches. He's angry, frustrated and will be desperate to be amongst the goals against Hull.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I'm liking the formal naming system, Payet, but I don't suppose you remembered to click the "enable re-voting" button this time, did you? :D

Also, where the hell is Gylfi?!?!? :o

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:I'm liking the formal naming system, Payet, but I don't suppose you remembered to click the "enable re-voting" button this time, did you? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So he chose to be called Kun?

Benteke is Loulou?

Sanchez is Sanchez Sanchez ?

How peculiar.
Pirlo's Beard wrote: Also, where the hell is Gylfi?!?!? :o
Yep, anyone against Leicester does have certain appeal.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Fernando Javier Llorente Torres (LEI) :lol:

Sanchez (c), Costa (v).

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Ibra, looks good for a haul in his next two fixtures, considered Sanchez but think Hull look tighter than Watford at the moment.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Christian Dannemann Eriksen

this one is a joke right? His middle name can't really be Dane Man?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Tough one.

Probably Sanchez (C)

Ibra, Lukaku are very tempting also.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

gallus wrote:Christian Dannemann Eriksen

Nope :D all names are their real. I wrote this way because I knew that some of them noone knows. :)

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Im really tempted by Ibra but iv got a feeling Sanchez is going to get a haul soon. Having said that Hull managed to keep Liverpool and Man utd out even took Chelsea awhile to breach them.

If i had any Man city players id be captaining them well id captain anyone playing Bournemouth at the moment

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Danish naming customs generally involve a patronym as a last name where it might be considered a surname elsewhere, so Christian's father would have had the first name Erik.

However, there is also a tradition (not absolute) of what they call slægtsnavn (don't ask me how to pronounce it!) which is a family name (what might be more widely recognised in, say, Britain and France as a surname) and this is what Dannemann might be. It would be the equivalent of an ex-Spurs centre half being called Mike England (even though he was actually Welsh!)

I am sure that a real Dane will soon come along and explain whether I am talking a load of rubbish or not, although my experience of working with Danes is that they have a wonderfully cool and inscrutable sense of humour, so I would not absolutely trust anything they say . . .

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

I am surprised that alexis is so far ahead already. Obviously a good choice but Hull are tight at the back now and Arsenal slightly off their best.

I am going Ibra but it is close betwen him and Alexis.

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

TheoRiginal wrote:

Danish naming customs generally involve a patronym as a last name where it might be considered a surname elsewhere, so Christian's father would have had the first name Erik.

However, there is also a tradition (not absolute) of what they call slægtsnavn (don't ask me how to pronounce it!) which is a family name (what might be more widely recognised in, say, Britain and France as a surname) and this is what Dannemann might be. It would be the equivalent of an ex-Spurs centre half being called Mike England (even though he was actually Welsh!)

I am sure that a real Dane will soon come along and explain whether I am talking a load of rubbish or not, although my experience of working with Danes is that they have a wonderfully cool and inscrutable sense of humour, so I would not absolutely trust anything they say . . .
I'm rather tepidly half Danish. I'll have a go.

What you said is half true, but also a tiny bit rubbish. The name Danneman has its origin in German. It means 'man from the forest'. Kinda like someone being called Woods, or... er... Forest. Nothing directly to do with being a Dane, although the 'Dan' part of Danmark may share a similar origin.

The naming tradition thing has pretty much died out in Denmark now. Still going strong in Iceland though: Gylfi's dad would have been called Sigurd. And daughters still get the matronym [Mum's first name]dottir.

What I can say with complete confidence is that most Danes take themselves far too seriously to take a risk with humour. The only 'cool and inscrutable' ones I've met were the smart ones who decided to leave.

To return to the topic... I'm captaining someone with a fine Swedish name: Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Scots names are similar (historically) the son would take his mother's surname, which is why Cameron etc are "common" first names.

Not sure where Tarqhar Farqher (sp) cumes from :wink:

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

blahblah wrote:Scots names are similar (historically) the son would take his mother's surname, which is why Cameron etc are "common" first names.

The Scots use "Mac" for patronymics of course, and the Irish too, Like John FitzPatrick and Patrick FitzJohn, which is a different, and politically incorrect joke.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I feel Jesus will produce goals like loaves and fishes...buut I don't have him. I want to do Ibra to Jesus...buut Man U have Watford. It's a diddly of a pickle because both Manc clubs have good fixtures...buut a blank (or two?) snuggled inside.

I'm not convinced Arsenal will have a good day against Hull. I'm picking Jak as my starting keeper instead of Heaton (CHE).

Carroll is perpetually flagged but he could do well against WBA...buut WH are at 'home' and so they will probably get beat. Maybe we should captain Brunt?

I might go against the grain here and pick Diego da Silva Costa or Eden Michael Hazard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

TheoRiginal wrote:
blahblah wrote:Scots names are similar (historically) the son would take his mother's surname, which is why Cameron etc are "common" first names.

The Scots use "Mac" for patronymics of course, and the Irish too, Like John FitzPatrick and Patrick FitzJohn, which is a different, and politically incorrect joke.
Mac and Mc are so different :wink:

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

blahblah wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:

Actually I found out recently that "Fitz" was used for illegitimate children, usually of royalty.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Gambit wrote:Ibra, looks good for a haul in his next two fixtures, considered Sanchez but think Hull look tighter than Watford at the moment.
Agreed. The new manager has them really well-organised. They're much-improved. I don't think this game will be the cakewalk for Sánchez - or Arsenal - that many seem to expect.

I'm considering Sigurðsson. He's got the plum fixture this week as far as I'm concerned - Leicester are an absolute shambles. Swansea aren't the most prolific of teams but they're bound to score at least a couple against this sorry bunch of supposed defending champions, and if they do it's likely that Sigurðsson will be heavily involved.

Of course Siggy's not even on the poll so my vote doesn't count. I smell voter fraud. I'm telling my friend Donald! :lol:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

math! wrote:Carroll is perpetually flagged but he could do well against WBA...buut WH are at 'home' and so they will probably get beat. Maybe we should captain Brunt?
Just so that you know, but Brunt has never scored more than 2 points in a single away game this season.

He is - currently - on my bench for GW25.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Joccki_10 wrote:
math! wrote:Carroll is perpetually flagged but he could do well against WBA...buut WH are at 'home' and so they will probably get beat. Maybe we should captain Brunt?
Just so that you know, but Brunt has never scored more than 2 points in a single away game this season.

He is - currently - on my bench for GW25.
That would help my benching dilemma at least.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Currently on Zlatan Messiah Ibrahimovic

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Anyone considering De Bruyne? Brought him in for Hazard before the Swansea game frustratingly.. Impulsive silly decision in hindsight. I'm currently considering giving him the band.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Anyone considering De Bruyne? Brought him in for Hazard before the Swansea game frustratingly.. Impulsive silly decision in hindsight. I'm currently considering giving him the band.
Good luck with DB. I can not see the rest of your team but he could bring Captain points. :)
I will stick with Hazard for the rest of the season. He had his "poor" patch and I am hoping Chelsea and Hazard do well for the rest of the season. Their next few games look good.
De Bruyne is a good pick but IMO Hazard is close if not better, When he misses a blank week the DGW will more than cover that.
I am not in the cup anymore so only H2H in ML to worry about and OR so one week on the bench is OK.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Oxford NZ wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Anyone considering De Bruyne? Brought him in for Hazard before the Swansea game frustratingly.. Impulsive silly decision in hindsight. I'm currently considering giving him the band.
Good luck with DB. I can not see the rest of your team but he could bring Captain points. :)
I will stick with Hazard for the rest of the season. He had his "poor" patch and I am hoping Chelsea and Hazard do well for the rest of the season. Their next few games look good.
De Bruyne is a good pick but IMO Hazard is close if not better, When he misses a blank week the DGW will more than cover that.
I am not in the cup anymore so only H2H in ML to worry about and OR so one week on the bench is OK.
After over thinking it. I think I'm going to roll with Ibra over Sanchez, Lukaku and De Bruyne.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
After over thinking it. I think I'm going to roll with Ibra over Sanchez, Lukaku and De Bruyne.
Any of those can get a haul this week.
I have Ibra but will Captain Sanchez for no other reason than he is due a haul :mrgreen: .
I don't have DB but will bring Luk in for GW26

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Sanchez for me

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

TheoRiginal wrote:
blahblah wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:

o

Actually I found out recently that "Fitz" was used for illegitimate children, usually of royalty.
FitzHarry better than Fitzwilliam?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”