To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Is Gabriel Jesus Man Citys first choice striker

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Is Gabriel Jesus Man Citys first choice striker

Post by owenclass »

I was just wondering if Jesus will be first choice from now on as Pep left out Aguero in the last match

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Is Gabriel Jesus Man Citys first choice striker

Post by Geri »

Too uncertain to say but I doubt Aguero will drop that often in the bench. He is the best player they have and even Guardiola has to recognise that. I wouldn't want to have either right now though.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

He's probably their first choice striker now, but whether that means he is nailed on remains to be seen.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Geri wrote:Too uncertain to say but I doubt Aguero will drop that often in the bench. He is the best player they have and even Guardiola has to recognise that. I wouldn't want to have either right now though.
On current form Aguero is lucky to get in the squad , doesn't suit the modern day pressing style , bit like sturridge whenever he chases the ball often gets nowhere near it

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Wouldn't go there personally unless he starts the next 3 and Aguero doesn't.

Has upset all over it in FPL terms

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

I did but only as a 2 game punt he's jesus to Costa for the blank

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Didn't Guardiola say that Aguero was recovering from an injury in midweek and that's why he was on the bench? Probably that. Or maybe it's considered a softer fixture to give Jesus his debut.

Either way, wouldn't go jumping to conclusions. This bloke has barely played yet.

EDIT - Just read this on the BBC:

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on leaving out Sergio Aguero recently: "I understand the debate. But there is no doubt about the quality of Sergio."

"He's played all the games except one in Barcelona for a tactical decision and one when he'd come back from Argentina. The other games when he was not banned he always played - and played good.

"But now we knew from the beginning with have a new player [Gabriel Jesus].

"The big clubs in Europe always have a lot of strikers... you see at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus - at Madrid [Alvaro] Morata doesn't play. Big clubs need a lot of strikers and we do."
Last edited by mike_d99 on 05 Feb 2017, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I think he will start most games, some in place of Kun and some in place of Sterling.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

yttod1010 wrote:I did but only as a 2 game punt he's jesus to Costa for the blank
Well that punt worked captain next week :D

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: RE: Re: Is Gabriel Jesus Man Citys first choice striker

Post by math! »

Geri wrote:Too uncertain to say but I doubt Aguero will drop that often in the bench. He is the best player they have and even Guardiola has to recognise that. I wouldn't want to have either right now though.
Not the best player in Pep's system though it seems. I said it before Jesus looks like the future for this side probably with Sterling and Sane flanking him.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's hit the ground running to be sure but right now he's being analysed in a Prem context by his future opponents who will work out how to minimise his impact. He's also young, never played the EPL before and we've seen all this many times. I bet there is a drop in form shortly; there usually is.

The whole team is in transition, there are no decent defenders, piles of deadwood, too many possible STR/MIDS and none of them nailed other than KDB who is now too deep to be worth the money. I wouldn't touch any Citeh players with a barge poll until it's a lot clearer

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

No. They don't have one. Not in the sense of one who will start every game.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:He's hit the ground running to be sure but right now he's being analysed in a Prem context by his future opponents who will work out how to minimise his impact. He's also young, never played the EPL before and we've seen all this many times. I bet there is a drop in form shortly; there usually is.

The whole team is in transition, there are no decent defenders, piles of deadwood, too many possible STR/MIDS and none of them nailed other than KDB who is now too deep to be worth the money. I wouldn't touch any Citeh players with a barge poll until it's a lot clearer
Well yeah, a drop in form is inevitable as there is no way is he going to continue averaging 12ppg.

Tonyuppstad
Wideboy

Post by Tonyuppstad »

To me, ITS very obvious that Gabriel Jesus is first choice. He has proven that he is a beast the few games he has played for city so far, and aguero hasnt scored in a while. He just literally seems like a better player than aguero in Guardiolas squad. No doubt.
Sergio will find another club, and Jesus Gabriel will take his place as a main striker.
The only reason why I don't bring him into my team right now is that he have blanks gw26 and most likely 28

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Oh dear

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

:roll:

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

Weisenwolf wrote:He's hit the ground running to be sure but right now he's being analysed in a Prem context by his future opponents who will work out how to minimise his impact. He's also young, never played the EPL before and we've seen all this many times. I bet there is a drop in form shortly; there usually is.

This

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Carlb5253 wrote:

This
Whenever I have seen them "play" lately Yaya has been on the pitch :?

So he maybe more nailed than Jesus? (The Jesus puns etc could be infinite 8-) :lol: )

Turning water into wine will get posted soon :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Weisenwolf wrote:a barge poll
interesting idea ;)
- how large is your barge?
- what's your favourite payload?
- which event you'd like to barge in?
;)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

MoSe wrote:
interesting idea ;)
;)
I tend to use "someone else's barge pole" for the above penis connotations 8-)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Tonyuppstad wrote:To me, ITS very obvious that Gabriel Jesus is first choice. He has proven that he is a beast the few games he has played for city so far, and aguero hasnt scored in a while. He just literally seems like a better player than aguero in Guardiolas squad. No doubt.
Sergio will find another club, and Jesus Gabriel will take his place as a main striker.
The only reason why I don't bring him into my team right now is that he have blanks gw26 and most likely 28
No patience in the modern football fan anymore :shock: "Very obvious" and "proven" is a bit OTT after two games don't you think? Aguero hasn't gone from best striker in the league to shite overnight.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

I actually think he may be good pick and brought him in, i have cover for the blanks next week and the players i want for 28 in my quality over quantity strategy are very attainable.

I dont necessarily think it is either him or Aguero, Pep has dropped strong hints that he may go two up top or after doing a bit of research Jesus can play arguably better coming in of the flanks as part of a front three. It would be very surprising to see him benched given what he does in the press when City dont have the ball and how much Pep values this.

Its a punt mind but i like to think of it as an educated punt and enables an extra Chelsea defender for their beautiful fixture run coming up, we are entering make your move time in the season.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I haven't seen him play with City. From the highlights, it looked like he took two good chances against Swansea, but neither goal was spectacular. Honestly, Fabianski should have done better with the 2nd goal. If he'd only scored one in a home game against Swansea, would people be rushing to get him in? How did he look apart from the goals?

Simenon
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC last season. Finished bottom of my private league...

Post by Simenon »

Iheanacho. :P

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

blahblah wrote:
MoSe wrote:
interesting idea ;)
;)
I tend to use "someone else's barge pole" for the above penis connotations 8-)
Yea I wouldn't touch them with yours never mind with mine :lol:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I assume there will be lots of rotation of both to come, once the Champions League starts again.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Lucky wrote:I assume there will be lots of rotation of both to come, once the Champions League starts again.
Tis ok with the blanks coming up nobody will have him until its clear in gw29-30

well nobody who knows what they are doing anyway :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”