To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 28 whos going full bore?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW28 players?

1-3
1%
4-6
11%
7-8
47%
9-10
27%
11+
14%

Total votes: 161

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Re: GW 28 whos going full bore?

Post by jacksosi »

Sanchez is still scoring well most weeks though, and now on pens, can't see me binning him

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I did say thinking....

I'm almost erring on the side of being more likely to keep him if they beat Sutton.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Gotta love the FA Cup. To the GW28 fixture list of

Bournemouth vs West Ham
Everton vs West Brom
Hull vs Swansea

we add

Liverpool vs Burnley.

Much easier now, whatever happens in the others - Mane/Firmino hello!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stemania wrote:Gotta love the FA Cup. To the GW28 fixture list of

Bournemouth vs West Ham
Everton vs West Brom
Hull vs Swansea

we add

Liverpool vs Burnley.

Much easier now, whatever happens in the others - Mane/Firmino hello!
Yep, I get Barnes - and maybe a Mane Road out of Sanchez?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sánchez :arrow: Mané done and I could still go through with Barnes :arrow: Costa for a -4, but Barnes plays in GW28. Does that still matter?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Ha, means my exciting transfer of De Gea to Heaton is on

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

This is terrific news for me. Already have both Clyne and Coutinho. Was getting worried about having to shift one or more - turns out they're an asset! (I hope)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Oh wait, Heaton has a GW28 as well. Of course! I'm definitely fielding 11 players.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:Oh wait, Heaton has a GW28 as well. Of course! I'm definitely fielding 11 players.
Yeah, Burnley losing didn't suit me really as I had no Liverpool players. Also it means that Heaton/Pickford owners get out of jail. Ah well. At least I have Barnes to console me. :roll:

Actually I hope there are no more upsets because if there are all the preparation goes to waste. Still, you can only play the game as it falls out.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Oh wait, Heaton has a GW28 as well. Of course! I'm definitely fielding 11 players.
Yeah, Burnley losing didn't suit me really as I had no Liverpool players. Also it means that Heaton/Pickford owners get out of jail. Ah well. At least I have Barnes to console me. :roll:

Actually I hope there are no more upsets because if there are all the preparation goes to waste. Still, you can only play the game as it falls out.
I have Barnes too, but I think Costa is gonna replace him for a hit this week. I'd really like to have him against Swansea and surely Barnes isn't a must-have for GW28 with Liverpool away.

I wouldn't be bothered by a United-upset though. Keeping Ibra for GW27 will definitely come good then. It's only those De Gea/Valencia owners get a nice bonus.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Yeah, Burnley losing didn't suit me really as I had no Liverpool players. Also it means that Heaton/Pickford owners get out of jail. Ah well. At least I have Barnes to console me. :roll: Actually I hope there are no more upsets because if there are all the preparation goes to waste. Still, you can only play the game as it falls out.
I have Barnes too, but I think Costa is gonna replace him for a hit this week. I'd really like to have him against Swansea and surely Barnes isn't a must-have for GW28 with Liverpool away. I wouldn't be bothered by a United-upset though. Keeping Ibra for GW27 will definitely come good then. It's only those De Gea/Valencia owners get a nice bonus.
I want Costa too. I can do it for free by losing Zlatan. Or I could get him for Barnes but that would mean some surgery and a hit. It's awkward. Maybe tomorrow's results will help me decide.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I have Kak, Costa & Ibra. I also have Chez. Despite the FAC5 I'm tempted to keep all of them. I can get a pool by selling Alli, Pedro, Phillips or whoever and may well do. Or may well not. That Arsenal v Liverpool game is so probabilityplastcised that it's impossible to see what will happen. Nil-nil, 5-4, 4-5, 3-1, 1-3 who knows? selling from one to play from the other doesn't work fir me :shock:

HitachiWasBest
Cheetah

Post by HitachiWasBest »

I see a real dilemma here because the obvious captain choices are

GW27: Ibra
GW28: Sanchez (if Arsenal go out)

The annoying thing is (whilst we wait on cup games) some players prices are rising & falling thru mass activity following the Burnley exit as managers scramble to get quality players for GW28.

I'm not short of cash & so will wait to see what happens to Arsenal - however frustrating that may be.

But I can't help thinking that GW28 is some time away (1 month) and there will be injuries etc up to that time. Surely best to 1 transfer this week after FA Cup is known and not to transfer in GW27 and leave 2 FT for GW28 when all is clear.

But I totally get it that it's really frustrating to be patient in this game.

Also, given the obvious price rise for Mane (because he scored 2 last GW) the smart thing to do may be to go with Coutinho or Firmino. After all, it has always been a lottery as to who would get on the score sheet in any given week.

HitachiWasBest
Cheetah

Post by HitachiWasBest »

On the subject of Bournemouth players - King will be playing OOP for probably the rest of season - so great choice there apart from bad matches post GW29.

But I have Stanislas right now & can't figure out why he hasn't played the last 2. Are there any Bournemouth fans out there that can give any insight on this?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

HitachiWasBest wrote:I see a real dilemma here because the obvious captain choices are

GW27: Ibra
GW28: Sanchez (if Arsenal go out)
Arsenal are 12/1 against going out so I would cross that bridge if we come to it! :)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

HitachiWasBest wrote:
Also, given the obvious price rise for Mane (because he scored 2 last GW) the smart thing to do may be to go with Coutinho or Firmino. After all, it has always been a lottery as to who would get on the score sheet in any given week.
I was thinking the same about the Liverpool midfield. Given my squad at this exact point, the money saved by going with Firmino/Coutinho gives me a wealth of lovely options post GW28. I'll wait until GW28 before making a decision on which Liv mid to go for but I agree that where the points go is a lottery with Pool over a short space of games. Everyone seems to be 100% set on Mane (perhaps because of price changes?) but I don't entirely see it that way.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Sutter Kane wrote:I agree that where the points go is a lottery with Pool over a short space of games. Everyone seems to be 100% set on Mane (perhaps because of price changes?) but I don't entirely see it that way.
Mané is my preference because I think he has the most goal threat of the three but I do agree that you can't easily separate them; stats won't help much in any case. I have already done Sanchez :arrow: Mané simply because that was my first thought and I know from previous experience that you just have to pick one with the Liverpool midfield. Plus Mané will get a couple of price rises for me which the others won't as it stands. Seemed like a sensible time to go with the flow.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I brought in Holgate as a D5 with an eye on GW28 when he was playing as a 3rd CB. Unfortunately he seems to have lost his place. Might have to decide to dump him for Robertson - or dump Pieters for Robertson and hope Holgate plays...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think I'll now have 10 + Stan (or 11 if I somehow find the cash/transfer for Stan to King), but is anyone a little concerned about the state of our GW27 squads?

Everton (who many of us will/have loaded up on) play Spurs away (from whom many of us have multiple players), Liverpool (who many of us will/have purchased one or multiple mids from) play Arsenal. The Bournemouth mids are at Old Trafford. West Ham (from whom players like Carroll/Snodgrass may be quite popular) play Chelsea.

Swansea (i.e., the invaluable looking Siggy) and the West Brom defenders have great fixtures luckily, BUR and CRY respectively, but is anyone else expecting a bit of a disheartening red arrow immediately before our GW28 excitement?

I don't think Man U/City players with two blanks yet the best fixtures of the big sides in GW27 are the answer (or that there particularly is a good answer to it - it's just the situation), but perhaps all this manouvering in of GW28 non-blankers won't gain quite as much as we are hoping in the overall rankings. :?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I had exactly those fears Ste which has convinced me that to wildcard for 28 and then work my teM into DGW shape afterwards. (Costa/Zlatan as TC for DGW34 and bench boost in 37 for the better quality DGW)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Foster, Phillips @ Palace
Valencia, Zlatan(c) v Bournemouth
Alonso, Hazard @ West Ham
Maguire @ Leicester
Mané v Arsenal
Sigurdsson v Burnley
Antonio v Chelsea
Lukaku @ Spurs

I don't think that looks bad at all for GW27. Plus I'd have Baines (@ Spurs) and Barnes (@ Swansea) benched, they could replace Antonio if I didn't want to play him @ Chelsea.

Recently I have noticed that the weeks my team looks great on fixtures it tends to disappoint and when it looks more of a mixed bag it seems to do well. There are a lot of tricky fixtures in GW27 anyway, I guess the only one that might hurt through no cover is City @ Sunderland but I still have a no-City policy anyway.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

My team for 27 is actually pretty good and even gives me a bench dilemma...

Heaton (swa);
Alonso (whu), Brunt (PAL), Pieters (MID);
Hazard (whu), Mané (ARS), Sigurdsson (BUR), Phillips (PAL);
Ibrahimovic (BOU), Costa (whu), Lukaku (tot).

T.Carroll (BUR), Coleman (tot) and Baines (tot) on the bench.

I'm not worried about Mané facing Arsenal. Definitely not at this time.

The one thing I am actually worried about is having three Chelsea players for a trip to West Ham. Sounds odd.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Assuming City and Arsenal go through and I won't have any injuries (a big "if" of course) I can go full bore with just one hit. So I will definitely go full bore.

HitachiWasBest
Cheetah

Post by HitachiWasBest »

Are there any Bournemouth hard core out there who can explain why Stanislas is not getting picked?

Is it because with Wilson gone the structure isn't right?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I don't think he was playing well enough! Bournemouth haven't really improved without him though so perhaps the mini-break from playing will give him the kick up the arse he needs and will be back on the pitch soon. I don't own him but expect him to be in the xi soon, probably before GW28. Needless to say though, I won't be getting him in...

I'll have 10 playing in GW28. If I have xi it means a weaker gw29 and gw30 and one less transfer so I won't be going full bore.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: Recently I have noticed that the weeks my team looks great on fixtures it tends to disappoint and when it looks more of a mixed bag it seems to do well. There are a lot of tricky fixtures in GW27 anyway, I guess the only one that might hurt through no cover is City @ Sunderland but I still have a no-City policy anyway.
I've had that for seasons :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rise of Hull and Swansea is going to make the "predict a good GW" even more difficult, imho".

I doubt that you are alone with the no-Citeh Policy, although most don't realise that they actually have it :lol:

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

I think I'll have ten playing in GW28. It's a difficult compromise - loading up on Everton leaves you badly positioned in GW30, while West Brom have two pretty tough games in GW29 and 30.

I'm considering a potential wildcard after GW30, so am looking at West Ham assets (already own Antonio, will likely pick up Snodgrass for GW28) as having a reasonable couple of games after GW28.

I think people need to think about the GWs immediately after 28 - some will find themselves poorly positioned I think if they try too hard to load up for 28.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Yes, I think trying to leaving two free transfers for GW29 could be very powerful. I think I will probably prioritise that over, say, trying to upgrade Stanislas to Josh King to guarantee 11 players in my situation. :D

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Worth noting also that Liverpool have two tough games after 28 as well. I'll be leaving enough in the bank to do Mane straight back to Sanchez.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Cars and Mané wrote:Worth noting also that Liverpool have two tough games after 28 as well. I'll be leaving enough in the bank to do Mane straight back to Sanchez.
What is a "tough" game for Liverpool though?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”