To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 28 whos going full bore?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW28 players?

1-3
1%
4-6
11%
7-8
47%
9-10
27%
11+
14%

Total votes: 161

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW 28 whos going full bore?

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Considering that I was planning for this blank week a good while back, I am rather disappointed to be looking at 7 + Amat without hits :lol:

Phillips, Sterling and the Aguero TC have rather scuppered my planned 9 without hits initial strategy, so I think I'll be looking at Phillips :arrow: Sigurdsson and Aguero :arrow: Caroll to field 8+Amat (-4). I'm also looking at the merits of Amat :arrow: ?, who could play this week and get me some defensive cover over the coming weeks, as well as pondering a move on Sterling for a potential -12 in total.
Amat :arrow: someone like Robertson/Maguire is surely worth it given it is essentially a -2 for this week and gives more flexibility going forward?
I think it's just about worth it. I'm not really thinking past GW33 yet as there's a decent chance I'll wildcard by then, and in that space I'd play the Amat replacement twice by choice, including GW28. It's in the balance in that sense, but looking closely it might well allow me to keep Brunt until the wildcard, which is effectively saving a transfer later down the line so that probably tips the balance in favour of the hit.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

The Firmino injury and doubt is really frustrating as I bought him in for a hit to get me 11 for this week.

Thinking further, I'm wondering whether it is worth doing Fletcher to Coutinho. I was planning to do Fletcher to Alli next week so I would do Coutinho/Firmino to Alli instead. It potentially gives me 3 Liverpool this week but also allows me to dump Firmino next week if his injury is likely to keep him out longer. Hope that makes sense.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Dinnery on Twitter seems a bit more hopeful. Seems to be a genuine 70:30 shot that he makes the squad.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I will only have 7 (6 if Firmino misses out), but I tried to have covered where I think (hope) will be the key points generated from this week - Everton defenders (x2), Liverpool mids (x2), and Lukaku (c).

Jakupovich
Coleman/Funis Mori/Nyom
Coutinho/Firmino
Lukaku

Bench - Pickford, Alonso, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Costa, Pieters, de Roon.

I read a lot of FISO strategy, and some elsewhere too, but I guess I went in a different direction planning for this week in comparison to most others.

Instead, I went very strong in GW26 and GW27 (and netted 83 + 90 points) and I think the reason I did well in those weeks is because I wasn't worried too much about stocking up with popular Swansea, Bournemouth, and West Ham players. Of course I could get seriously burnt this week, I just want to avoid a red arrow and be strong again next week. But my team looks decent for GW29 (3x Everton, 3x Spurs, 2x Chelsea, all with great fixtures) so I just hope to come out of this week unscathed, have another strong week next week, and I think it would have all been worth it.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I Am Ville wrote:Dinnery on Twitter seems a bit more hopeful. Seems to be a genuine 70:30 shot that he makes the squad.
Seems like guesswork from Dinnery to me. Where did he come up with 70:30?

Anyway it seems that Firmino didn't train today at all, or at least if he did, he avoided the Liverpool cameraman. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... at-melwood

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:The Firmino injury and doubt is really frustrating as I bought him in for a hit to get me 11 for this week.

Thinking further, I'm wondering whether it is worth doing Fletcher to Coutinho. I was planning to do Fletcher to Alli next week so I would do Coutinho/Firmino to Alli instead. It potentially gives me 3 Liverpool this week but also allows me to dump Firmino next week if his injury is likely to keep him out longer. Hope that makes sense.
Same problem.

However Firmino is actually the only one I can get rid of. Other mids are Mané, Sigurdsson, King and T.Carroll.

I wonder if this (Firmino :arrow: Coutinho) is worth another hit. It would give me the possibility of doing Barnes to Kane for free for next gameweek.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Dinnery said "Trained today, barring any setbacks, Firmino should be in the squad" so he seems to think he was there in training. But this is the same Dinnery who fell for a false Aguero injury rumour last week...

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:The Firmino injury and doubt is really frustrating as I bought him in for a hit to get me 11 for this week.

Same problem.

However Firmino is actually the only one I can get rid of. Other mids are Mané, Sigurdsson, King and T.Carroll.

I wonder if this (Firmino :arrow: Coutinho) is worth another hit. It would give me the possibility of doing Barnes to Kane for free for next gameweek.
That's a tricky one although the Barnes to Kane move may make it worthwhile.

Sod's law suggests that whichever one of Firmino/Coutinho you don't have will get a haul. :roll:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Stemania wrote:Dinnery said "Trained today, barring any setbacks, Firmino should be in the squad" so he seems to think he was there in training. But this is the same Dinnery who fell for a false Aguero injury rumour last week...
Plus like Paulista mentioned, Firmino seemed to have avoided the cameraman...

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Yep 36 training ground photos and Firmino isn't in any of them seems a bit suspect. I guess he could have trained alone with a physio or indoors. I doubt there will be any more news tomorrow, so here's to waiting until Sunday afternoon.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

Same problem.

That's a tricky one although the Barnes to Kane move may make it worthwhile.

Sod's law suggests that whichever one of Firmino/Coutinho you don't have will get a haul. :roll:
Coutinho's price will rise tonight, so have to decide before then.

It's just so stupid I didn't got him in the first place to make the Kane transfer possible. :|

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:Dinnery said "Trained today, barring any setbacks, Firmino should be in the squad" so he seems to think he was there in training. But this is the same Dinnery who fell for a false Aguero injury rumour last week...
Well I understood he clearly stated that Aguero rumour was just a rumour. He wasn't making any stories. This is a different, as he is clearly stating a fact that Firmino trained today.

I think this Dinnery guy is usually quite reliable, isn't he? I mean he doesn't tell lies.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Finisher1 wrote:
Well I understood he clearly stated that Aguero rumour was just a rumour. He wasn't making any stories. This is a different, as he is clearly stating a fact that Firmino trained today.

I think this Dinnery guy is usually quite reliable, isn't he? I mean he doesn't tell lies.
I don't know how reliable Dinnery is. Or the Liverpool Echo for that matter, but they are saying there was no sign of Firmino at Melwood today.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-12725459

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Paulista wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

I don't know how reliable Dinnery is. Or the Liverpool Echo for that matter, but they are saying there was no sign of Firmino at Melwood today.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-12725459
Interesting. So who is lying then, Dinnery or Echo?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

All this planning and plenty of notice in advance about GW28 and it's annoying that seemingly we are all still having to take a bunch of hits for this damn gameweek! :D

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Is everyone holding on and praying for firminio or getting rid?

I only brought him in for a hit 24 hours ago so i just have to wait and see, unless something is confirmed either way before the deadline but cannot see it.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
MoSe wrote:Foster [Grant]
Coleman FunesMori McAuley Robertson [Azpi]
Mané (C) Sigurdsson Fletcher [Eriksen Alli]
Lukaku Llorente [Agüero]

To add an 11th I could take a 2nd hit to do
  • Agüero :arrow: Carroll
    or
    Eriksen/Alli :arrow: Coutinho/Firmino(/Antonio/King)
but I don't think they're worth the -4p.
I reckon that all depends on your view on Eriksen. Personally I'd remove him because my ideal Spurs trio is Alli, Kane, Rose. Who to replace him with depends on forward planning and how much cash you'll need for other moves but I think I'd prefer Antonio or King to a 2nd Liverpool midfielder. Unless you plan to lose Mané later; in that case Coutinho is perhaps cheap enough to be kept as a SGW player right through.

Anyway, if it were my team I'd be taking a hit to remove Eriksen because that wouldn't only be an extra GW28 player, it would also be a structural improvement.
I actually was considering Alli :arrow: King this morning (I have not the same views about spurs priorities ;)), but didn't like then 29 & 30, same for Antonio or Carroll, and Coutinho too... it was a short blanket whichever way I looked at it, so I left it as it was, taking no 2nd hit
Big swings on such choice so far
PM King
GS Antonio after 1 minute
GS King too shortly after

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW 28 whos going full bore?

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Stemania wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:-12, to field 11.
The minute you walked in the joint, I could see you were a man of distinction. :wink:
I forgot, it's a -16, Siggy was for a hit too. :lol:

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

(-8) taken

Funes Mori (1) why did I not take the safer bet Williams??? Wildcarding this week anyhow
Carroll (Swansea) (2)
Mane (?)

I work it out to be (-5) ... not very clever :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Lucky wrote:(-8) taken

Funes Mori (1) why did I not take the safer bet Williams??? Wildcarding this week anyhow
Carroll (Swansea) (2)
Mane (?)

I work it out to be (-5) ... not very clever :roll:
Unlucky :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”