To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 28 whos going full bore?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW28 players?

1-3
1%
4-6
11%
7-8
47%
9-10
27%
11+
14%

Total votes: 161

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Re: GW 28 whos going full bore?

Post by Cars and Mané »

bigcliff2 wrote:
Cars and Mané wrote:Worth noting also that Liverpool have two tough games after 28 as well. I'll be leaving enough in the bank to do Mane straight back to Sanchez.
What is a "tough" game for Liverpool though?
Well, while Klopp has generally had a decent record against the top teams, they haven't scored loads against them this season.

Scored 1 away to United
1 at home to Chelsea
1 at home to City
1 away to Everton
Admittedly scored 3 in the two games vs Spurs (though Davies helped enormously)
Didn't score at home to United

That's all since the arsenal game and the Chelsea games earlier this season (pre 3-5-2).

Their two games in 29 and 30 are away to City then home to Everton. I'd personally rather have Sanchez for those games. And certainly wouldn't want double Pool mids which some are suggesting.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I've just brought Mane in for Sanchez, then will bring in a Hull attacker, probably for Clayton or Barnes, then Sanchez can replace Mane.

A blah bonus for the first person to work out why :wink:

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Cars and Mané wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:
Cars and Mané wrote:Worth noting also that Liverpool have two tough games after 28 as well. I'll be leaving enough in the bank to do Mane straight back to Sanchez.
Well, while Klopp has generally had a decent record against the top teams, they haven't scored loads against them this season.

Scored 1 away to United
1 at home to Chelsea
1 at home to City
1 away to Everton

That's all since the arsenal game and the Chelsea games earlier this season (pre 3-5-2).

Their two games in 29 and 30 are away to City then home to Everton. I'd personally rather have Sanchez for those games. And certainly wouldn't want double Pool mids which some are suggesting.
Without getting into the ins and outs of every game (and I'm curious as to why you included the Arsenal and Chelsea games as a footnote), I agree that doubling up would be crazy and I'd rather have Sanchez too but partly because it's hard to pick which Liverpool midfielder will score points when. Traditionally, home to Everton is a pretty strong fixture for Liverpool. The main issues for me with Liverpool are - which midfielder to pick and are they actually over their slump, fixtures don't really bother me.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

bigcliff2 wrote:
Cars and Mané wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:

Scored 1 away to United
1 at home to Chelsea
1 at home to City
1 away to Everton

Without getting into the ins and outs of every game (and I'm curious as to why you included the Arsenal and Chelsea games as a footnote), I agree that doubling up would be crazy and I'd rather have Sanchez too but partly because it's hard to pick which Liverpool midfielder will score points when. Traditionally, home to Everton is a pretty strong fixture for Liverpool. The main issues for me with Liverpool are - which midfielder to pick and are they actually over their slump, fixtures don't really bother me.
They were a footnote as they came at the beginning of the season. I was just working in chronological order. The last seven games have averaged one goal per game. If you include Chelsea and Arsenal then it's 1.4.

In any case, I hope I haven't created the impression that these are reasons not to own Liverpool assets in isolation. It's merely to say that if we own Everton and West Brom and Liverpool in large numbers then our teams will be pretty rough coming out of gw 28.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

blahblah wrote:The rise of Hull and Swansea is going to make the "predict a good GW" even more difficult, imho".
Yes. I also see a lot of managers saying they don't want to lumber their squads with poor players after GW28 and don't understand it really. Hull are obviously improving and have BUR lei SWA eve WHM MID from GW26 to 31 (and no blank). Jakupovic, Maguire/Robertson & Markovic/Grosicki look very worthwhile options to me. Swansea are improving too and have BUR hul bou MID from GW27-30 (also no blank). Nice fixtures (including after GW28) and some good assets there like Naughton/Fernández, Sigurdsson & Llorente.

That's just the 2 teams you mentioned; West Ham are fine too as are Bournemouth.

It's not only Sanchez and Zlatan and Kane that can score big points. But unless something stranger than fiction happens tonight then none of them will be scoring big points in GW28. That doesn't mean no-one will. :?
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 20 Feb 2017, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

It should also be noted that unless all the GW28 games are 1-1 with both own goals, some players will score big that week. We've just got to try and have the most likely ones!

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
blahblah wrote:The rise of Hull and Swansea is going to make the "predict a good GW" even more difficult, imho".
Yes. I also see a lot of managers saying they don't want to lumber their squads with poor players after GW28 and don't understand it really. Hull are obviously improving and have BUR lei SWA eve WHM MID from GW26 to 31 (and no blank). Jakupovic, Maguire/Robertson & Markovic/Grosicki look very worthwhile options to me. Swansea are improving too and have BUR hul bou MID from GW27-30 (also no blank). Nice fixtures (including after GW28) and some good assets there like Naughton/Fernández, Sigurdsson & Llorente.

That's just the 2 teams you mentioned; West Ham are fine too as are Bournemouth.

It's not only Sanchez and Zlatan and Kane that can score big points. But unless something stranger than fiction happens tonight then none of them will be scoring big points in GW28. That doesn't mean no-one will. :?
I'm not very comfortable owning a lot of players from Hull, Swansea and Bournemouth. Can't see myself having more than two, but I can see how some could end up with three. Agree with you on West Ham though. They look good.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

With Kane, Eriksen and Alli still in my team, no West Ham players and Sanchez :arrow: Mane done this week, I've got some sorting to do to field at least 9 in GW28.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Currently only have five but will aim for 9 or 10 I think (2 FT this week means four free transfers before the deadline anyway). Wasted a transfer on Stanislas who I immediately swapped for Siggy but lucked out a little bit with Heaton having a game.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Dear mr Stanislas...please return to 1st team action :cry:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

yttod1010 wrote:Dear mr Stanislas...please return to 1st team action :cry:
I'll be looking at Josh King methinks.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Vsz wrote:
yttod1010 wrote:Dear mr Stanislas...please return to 1st team action :cry:
I'll be looking at Josh King methinks.
Me too but it's tricky neither do I want long term,Lanzini also has my attention

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Me

Will have 11 no hits, Ibra to Carroll the big one

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I can't understand the dislike for Hull and Swans players when many managers are holding Middlesbrough and Stoke defenders plus a wc, Stoke have a very poor run after 28 although Middlesbrough look OK, but it's free points in 28

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I will have 10 men if they all play.
Billy Bongo wrote:but it's free points in 28

Well not quite unless your squad circumstances are perfect; it will cost transfer(s) and a risk that the squad after is slightly worse than the squad before. I already want two transfers in GW30 one of which to scrap Lukaku for Gabbiadini/Deeney; I don't need to add any more I'll want to dump around that stage. If my squad was in such shape that I'd have XI without any additional transfers, then fine but for many, I'm guessing it's not. The chances of it being a high scoring week is virtually nil anyway as they play each other; yes there's some points to be had but as long as I have the main protagonists including Lukaku(c) (at home he has to be my captain ahead of Liverpool), I'd be happy with 9 men and a spare transfer.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Sutter Kane wrote:Gabbiadini/Deeney
Gabbiadeeney. :wink:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: GW 28 whos going full bore?

Post by Billy Bongo »

Sutter Kane wrote:I will have 10 men if they all play.
Billy Bongo wrote:but it's free points in 28

Well not quite unless your squad circumstances are perfect; it will cost transfer(s) and a risk that the squad after is slightly worse than the squad before. I already want two transfers in GW30 one of which to scrap Lukaku for Gabbiadini/Deeney; I don't need to add any more I'll want to dump around that stage. If my squad was in such shape that I'd have XI without any additional transfers, then fine but for many, I'm guessing it's not. The chances of it being a high scoring week is virtually nil anyway as they play each other; yes there's some points to be had but as long as I have the main protagonists including Lukaku(c) (at home he has to be my captain ahead of Liverpool), I'd be happy with 9 men and a spare transfer.
I think it's based on whether you are prepared to sell Ibra and don't want him back, and I'm in that category which makes it easier to field 11. Buy my point about Hull and Swansea stands

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Any predictions as to the average number of GW28 players playing in FPL teams in the top 10k? I guess around 7?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'd say higher, 8 or 9

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I agree with Billy. I also expect a whole heap of hits to get that number.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

The person leading my work mini league (i am 2nd) has an OR of 45K, has used all chips and both wildcards. His GW 28 at the moment with no transfers yet is

Jakupovic
Mcauley X X X (X)
X X X (X) (X)
X X X

I have no idea if he realises yet and he plays like a total noob and has been very lucky all season so far.

Not sure if that is a typical indication of an average recreational player inside the top 100K

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'll have 10 for a -4 all being well, Phillips' fitness permitting. Happy with that, I think any more than 8 will prove to be decent.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

I Am Ville wrote:The person leading my work mini league (i am 2nd) has an OR of 45K, has used all chips and both wildcards. His GW 28 at the moment with no transfers yet is

Jakupovic
Mcauley X X X (X)
X X X (X) (X)
X X X

I have no idea if he realises yet and he plays like a total noob and has been very lucky all season so far.

Not sure if that is a typical indication of an average recreational player inside the top 100K
ImageImage

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

A decent 10 to play for a nasty -12 (or -6 as I would have only had 6 players otherwise), and that also cleared out some deadwood.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Changing Aguero to Lukaku yes. But the other 3 including Carroll no imo. I'd have stuck with 7 players - you already had Mane and Siggy. Couldn't you have done Stan to Firmino/Cout for just a -4 and had 8 players? Are you saving cash for Sanchez? You took out Kane!

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Sutter Kane wrote:Changing Aguero to Lukaku yes. But the other 3 including Carroll no imo. I'd have stuck with 7 players - you already had Mane and Siggy. Couldn't you have done Stan to Firmino/Cout for just a -4 and had 8 players? Are you saving cash for Sanchez? You took out Kane!
Kane back in for Barnes with my free next week

Been carrying Kingsley and Stanislas too long, limiting my playing options and shedding value. This gave me a reduced cost path out.

Had a good week this week too so feel I can take the loss and set my team up better.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Mo Bot wrote:I agree with Billy. I also expect a whole heap of hits to get that number.
I had a quick look through ownership stats on FPL Discovery. The average top10k player (going into GW27) has:

Keepers - 1
Defenders - 2.5 (including dead weight like Amat, Kingsley)
Midfielders - 2.2 (including Phillips, Stanislas)
Forwards - 0.9

Considering 43% took a hit for GW27 and 26% used 1 transfer, it's likely that most in the top 10k will have 1FT available meaning an average of 7 playing. I think it will average out at 9 but there will need to be some hefty hits to get there.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

I Am Ville wrote:The person leading my work mini league (i am 2nd) has an OR of 45K, has used all chips and both wildcards. His GW 28 at the moment with no transfers yet is

Jakupovic
Mcauley X X X (X)
X X X (X) (X)
X X X

Well set up for the DGWs then. Of course he will captain Macauley who will score a hat trick with Jaku saving 2 pens in a clean sheet.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I'm going to have 10 with no hits. This is the week I gain 6 points on the top 10k...

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Most of the guys at work aren't even aware of the blanks, so there could be carnage this week.
The FPL app is still showing all of the players in my team having fixtures apart from ManC, so hopefully it stays that way and catches them out.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”