To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 11th Feb 2017, 11:30 GMT

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: GW25 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 11th Feb 2017, 11:30 GMT

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Have 2FTs so will probably do Redmond > Snodgrass and roll the other.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Settled on mine now, Pieters :arrow: Maguire and I'll roll the other FT. I wouldn't do it this week if I didn't have 2. Basically a small tweak to help with GW28 and improve my rotation till I wildcard. It won't affect my team this week, Maguire will be 3rd sub, same as Pieters would have been.
If it's not to late then I'd seriously suggest going for Robertson instead. He's 0.1m cheaper, has looked good going forward and looks very secure of his place. On the other hand, Maguire's position is surely under big threat as when Dawson is back from injury as it looks to me like 2 from 3 CBs when they pay a back four - and personally I'd say the captain is secure and the exciting new Italian signing Ranocchia is going to be massive competition for spot 2. :)
It isn't too late, I won't make the switch till tomorrow or Saturday morning. I did consider Robertson as well but decided on Maguire on the basis of much superior attacking threat (especially goal threat). There doesn't seem to be much to split them on BP potential apart from Maguire being a bit more likely to pick up a yellow card maybe.

Gametime security gave me pause but Maguire has started the last 10 PL games (so every game since Silva arrived) including when both Davies and Dawson were fit. Davies is now out long term. Dawson is out for "a few weeks" according to Silva today, "several weeks" according to the Hull Daily Mail. It's true that Ranocchia has arrived but Silva has preferred 3 at the back in many games and has also used Maguire at RB when playing a back 4. I am confident enough about Maguire's place to roll the dice.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

A roll, I think, which means playing Holebas away at Old Trafford. Tempted by a few things, including Amat to an Everton defender, but best to put off these decisions for as long as possible, given the situation.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Ruth_NZ wrote: It's true that Ranocchia has arrived but Silva has preferred 3 at the back in many games and has also used Maguire at RB when playing a back 4. I am confident enough about Maguire's place to roll the dice.
Elmohamady has been away at AFCON and he's been RB/RWB all year so I wouldn't be at all confident that the RB slot is a realistic out for Maguire if they play 4atb to be honest, but each to his own. :D

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: It's true that Ranocchia has arrived but Silva has preferred 3 at the back in many games and has also used Maguire at RB when playing a back 4. I am confident enough about Maguire's place to roll the dice.
Elmohamady has been away at AFCON and he's been RB/RWB all year so I wouldn't be at all confident that the RB slot is a realistic out for Maguire if they play 4atb to be honest, but each to his own. :D
So I have your permission to make my sub-optimal transfer? :D

Actually the one thing I have yet to go through is whether 0.1m would make any difference to my plans going forward. There's a chance it might because some of my routes into GW28 are pretty tight to the wire. But I'll have a look at that again tomorrow.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Ruth_NZ wrote: So I have your permission to make my sub-optimal transfer? :D
I was only trying to help. :lol:

joseph123
Kevin and Perry

Post by joseph123 »

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 18.38.57.png
3.8 in the bank, not sure what to do.
Carrick > Siggy, dropping Phillips?

Either that or maybe just bank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

joseph123 wrote:Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 18.38.57.png

Nice team. Siggy and Brunt should be priorities.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: So I have your permission to make my sub-optimal transfer? :D
I was only trying to help. :lol:
Thanks. Just don't get upset if I don't take the steer. I appreciate it being offered. :wink:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Banking seem like a good idea to me. I guess you'll be benching Holebas, Amat, and Carrick, so your team looks fine for this week.

I don't like Boruc though, I think he's the weak link in your team, and if it were my team I would think about changing to Foster, maybe even Robles but I don't think he's totally nailed.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Stemania wrote:
So I have your permission to make my sub-optimal transfer? :D

Actually the one thing I have yet to go through is whether 0.1m would make any difference to my plans going forward. There's a chance it might because some of my routes into GW28 are pretty tight to the wire. But I'll have a look at that again tomorrow.
I see some of you wondering about where to spend your money and saying "it could get tight" and stuff like that. My plan to go into GW28 contains approximately 9.0m itb (without both Sánchez and Ibrahimovic, but with Hazard, Costa and Lukaku).

Am I doing something wrong / missing something?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Boruc is a weak spot, with Pickford potentially back soon you may be able to muddle through, but I'd actually look at jaku.

Pickford and jaku have pretty decent rotation from now to season end, will save you cash and will give you a good blank week option. I think I'd probably bank the transfer this week for flexibility and to make sure Pickford is back, but it's a move I'd consider doing.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Actually the one thing I have yet to go through is whether 0.1m would make any difference to my plans going forward. There's a chance it might because some of my routes into GW28 are pretty tight to the wire. But I'll have a look at that again tomorrow.
I see some of you wondering about where to spend your money and saying "it could get tight" and stuff like that. My plan to go into GW28 contains approximately 9.0m itb (without both Sánchez and Ibrahimovic, but with Hazard, Costa and Lukaku). Am I doing something wrong / missing something?
I doubt it. :lol:

It's GW26 that gets tight for me. Assuming there are no additional confirmed games in GW28 (which I think is less likely) then my likely GW26 move is Barnes :arrow: Costa and Sanchez :arrow: :?: . The reason for that is that I want Costa as captain in GW26 and I'm not willing to lose Zlatan who I want as captain in GW27. It will mean one less player in GW28 but I'll still have 8 with 2 FTs left.

So, the question is the :?: midfielder. It needs to be one with a GW28 fixture, probably Snodgrass, Grosicki, King or Evandro. If I want to keep the Snodgrass option open then 0.1 might make a difference, I'd have 5.9m available for that slot with Robertson and 5.8m with Maguire. But Sanchez could also lose value before I am willing to move, which I won't do till after the FAC5 results. That's why it's tight for me.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Is Alli :arrow: Sigurdsson worth it this week?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:Is Alli :arrow: Sigurdsson worth it this week?
I think very definitely not. Not as a transfer on its own. If you have 2FTs and can use the money saved profitably (maybe to get Coleman or Baines) then it might be more even. But Sigurdsson has Chelsea(a) next week while Alli has Stoke(h). People are getting carried away about Sigurdsson in my view, perhaps partly because he's the FFS flavour of the week.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
I think very definitely not. Not as a transfer on its own. If you have 2FTs and can use the money saved profitably (maybe to get Coleman or Baines) then it might be more even. But Sigurdsson has Chelsea(a) next week while Alli has Stoke(h). People are getting carried away about Sigurdsson in my view, perhaps partly because he's the FFS flavour of the week.
Thanks for the reply.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Give it a couple of weeks and it will be Antonio / [insert other name here], immediately before West Ham are due to play Chelsea.

Don't get me wrong, Siggys a good player, but the level of enthusiasm about getting him in right now is over the top, IMHO.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

It's a form thing, he's scored a goal in his last 3 games, the fact that he didn't for the 6 before that is seen as irrelevant :?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Weisenwolf wrote:It's a form thing, he's scored a goal in his last 3 games, the fact that he didn't for the 6 before that is seen as irrelevant :?
Everyone knows about Sigurdsson's quality and they know his reputation too. The points chasers certainly add to it, but he's not the worst bandwagon I've ever seen.

Having said that, FFS has actually published an article showing that Sigurdsson's stats have dropped off under the new management, presumably due to his position.

I can't get him in yet anyway, not until I decide what to do with Sanchez/Ibra and the blanks at least, but on the surface he looks reasonable. It's worth looking in more depth though if anyone is tempted to bring him in now to save money.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Well to me he was an obvious choice this week as I had to drop Lallana and 2FT. I wouldn't have done it for any of the Spurs players though. Said that, I think he is a quality FPL player with 5 great fixtures in his next 6 and only 3~4 bad ones until the end of the season. Maybe ignoring the great fixture against what seem a horrible Leicester side and getting him after Chelsea would have been a better idea, but I'm confident he can score against both (maybe even with a haul this week).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I'm fairly confident I'll be Siggy-ing from GW27 (if not GW26), perhaps even as part of a temporary 8 man attack to help around the GW28 blanks. He's got a really nice run from then until DGW time: (BUR, hul, bou, MID, TOT, whu, wat, STO); and his goal involvement/stats are always very competitive. I find it amazing that he's the 5th highest scoring mid in the game despite not really doing anything that special. I'd prefer if he was a few pennies cheaper as 7.4/7.5m is not exactly bargain basement prices, but on freekicks, corners and pens he's always going to be a reliable enough source of points in the long term. :mrgreen:

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

I'm walking a Siggy/Walcott tightrope until tonight. Currently 7.4 in 7.4 out with zero in the bank. Ideally I would like to keep Wally for this weekend (HUL) and then switch him to Siggy, but the latters price is teetering on a rise. If it looks like he is going up in the Friday rush I might pull the trigger early. Not the end of the world for the (LEI) game.

On FFFix Siggy was as high as 90% last night before bedtime but now he is back down at 85%, but still rising at 1.1 per hour. Might be close!

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

ajcairns wrote: On FFFix Siggy was as high as 90% last night before bedtime but now he is back down at 85%, but still rising at 1.1 per hour. Might be close!
He's at 98.6% on fix and 98.3% on fplstatistics, I'd say he'll definitely rise tonight.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Actually the one thing I have yet to go through is whether 0.1m would make any difference to my plans going forward. There's a chance it might because some of my routes into GW28 are pretty tight to the wire. But I'll have a look at that again tomorrow.
I see some of you wondering about where to spend your money and saying "it could get tight" and stuff like that. My plan to go into GW28 contains approximately 9.0m itb (without both Sánchez and Ibrahimovic, but with Hazard, Costa and Lukaku). Am I doing something wrong / missing something?
I doubt it. :lol:

It's GW26 that gets tight for me. Assuming there are no additional confirmed games in GW28 (which I think is less likely) then my likely GW26 move is Barnes :arrow: Costa and Sanchez :arrow: :?: . The reason for that is that I want Costa as captain in GW26 and I'm not willing to lose Zlatan who I want as captain in GW27. It will mean one less player in GW28 but I'll still have 8 with 2 FTs left.

So, the question is the :?: midfielder. It needs to be one with a GW28 fixture, probably Snodgrass, Grosicki, King or Evandro. If I want to keep the Snodgrass option open then 0.1 might make a difference, I'd have 5.9m available for that slot with Robertson and 5.8m with Maguire. But Sanchez could also lose value before I am willing to move, which I won't do till after the FAC5 results. That's why it's tight for me.
That's kind of the "problem" I have as well. I want to do Barnes to Costa next week, but need to downgrade Sánchez first. However, who would be the best to downgrade to, will be unknown till the results from the FA Cup will be clear later next week.

So it should be clever to wait for those results, but I might have to suffer some Sánchez drops and miss some Costa rises from that.

I'm not desperately in need for some cash, so I might just hold on next week before possibly deciding on Snodgrass/Antonio/Grosicki or maybe another mid who surprisingly gets a fixture.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, Joccki, that's what I will do too. I am self-banned from transfers until the FAC5 games have played. If I lose a bit of TV by doing so then so be it. But things may well slow down after the weekend and the next Sanchez drop is free for me.

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Siggi in for Lallana
Huddlestone in for Joe Allen - who has been stinking up my team for a while

I still have 3 arsenal/Man U and Amat - will be tinkering the team for GW26 and GW28

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Albert_ini wrote:
ajcairns wrote: On FFFix Siggy was as high as 90% last night before bedtime but now he is back down at 85%, but still rising at 1.1 per hour. Might be close!
He's at 98.6% on fix and 98.3% on fplstatistics, I'd say he'll definitely rise tonight.
103.3% now on FFFix so I guess it's trigger pulling time!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Yeah, Joccki, that's what I will do too. I am self-banned from transfers until the FAC5 games have played. If I lose a bit of TV by doing so then so be it. But things may well slow down after the weekend and the next Sanchez drop is free for me.
I hope they do. Forgot to mention that every Sánchez drop will hurt me as I bought him at 11.9m. Yep, I really did.

Oh, how I wish I should've banked my transfer this week. I could have done Sánchez+Barnes :arrow: Hazard+Costa next week as early as possible.

I guess my inner self from my earlier FPL seasons took over this time. :roll:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Yeah, Joccki, that's what I will do too. I am self-banned from transfers until the FAC5 games have played. If I lose a bit of TV by doing so then so be it. But things may well slow down after the weekend and the next Sanchez drop is free for me.
I hope they do. Forgot to mention that every Sánchez drop will hurt me as I bought him at 11.9m. Yep, I really did.

Oh, how I wish I should've banked my transfer this week. I could have done Sánchez+Barnes :arrow: Hazard+Costa next week as early as possible.

I guess my inner self from my earlier FPL seasons took over this time. :roll:
We may all get a respite from the drops.

If he hauls tomorrow some will decide to keep him, a few may even transfer him in which will put the brakes on a little.

There will be plenty of managers unaware the blanks are coming up and plenty of others who haven't planned and suddenly have bigger issues than getting shot of Sanchez. Others still brought low and won't want to sell.

krosan
Kevin and Perry

Post by krosan »

I am completely stuck with my transfer strategy :oops:
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 16.24.40.png
With probably just 1 player (Lukaku) for GW28, I have a hard time wrapping my head around what I should do :(

What do you guys think? Use my last wildcard?

Right now I'm thinking of taking some hits to get Phili, Nyom and perhaps Coleman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”