To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 11th Feb 2017, 11:30 GMT

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tom_Foolery
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW25 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 11th Feb 2017, 11:30 GMT

Post by Tom_Foolery »

Nothing. Courageous restraint ahead of GW26 where I'll probably bring in Hazard for Sanchez plus Snodgrass for Adam and/or Robertson for Jones.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Cliffard wrote:Might get Siggy. Who would you get rid of, Eriksen or Alli?
Eriksen, no doubt. But is it worth getting Siggy with Chelsea (a) next week?

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Cliffard wrote:Might get Siggy. Who would you get rid of, Eriksen or Alli?
Eriksen, no doubt. But is it worth getting Siggy with Chelsea (a) next week?
You tell me :? :? I'm 16k OR, which is fine, but feel like I've been losing out on some obvious short term options lately. (Were they really obvious? I don't know, might be biased after the fact. Still it's Siggy in form at home to Leicester, the worst team in the leage atm, who Swansea need to beat.) BTW, what are you basing your preference on? Eriksen seems to have better stats (FFS comparison tool), even if Alli had the better period for points more recently. On watching them I actually agree, even if Spurs were both shit and wasteful vs Boro and super shit vs Sunderland.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

Did VvD - Brunt. Doing Alexis -> Siggy on saturday.

I do not usually post "RMT" like posts, but it looks like I`m lining up a classic 4-4-2 for the firsth time since i started this game back in 2007ish.

Foster
Baines-Alonso-Pieters-Brunt
Alli-Hazard-Sanchez-Antonio
Kane-Costa

Jakup--Philips-Diomande-Amat

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Cliffard wrote:BTW, what are you basing your preference on? Eriksen seems to have better stats (FFS comparison tool), even if Alli had the better period for points more recently.
Alli has much bigger goal threat and has shown that for 18 months. I always go for goals rather than assists. In addition, Eriksen does all his best work outside the box. The stats mean little in this case.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=123706&p=3005641#p3005641

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Those considering ditching Spurs assets, they have a really decent fixture run weeks 26 to 34, albeit maybe one blank in 28.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Paulista wrote:Those considering ditching Spurs assets, they have a really decent fixture run weeks 26 to 34, albeit maybe one blank in 28.
I already ditched both of their mids this week, as I think both their home games against Stoke and Everton won't be walkovers.

I think Sigurdsson is capable of a haul against Leicester. That's why I got him now and I hope he can justify that and do better than Alli/Eriksen do against Stoke.

My priority at the moment is coming good until GW28 and if my team looks real bad after - which I don't think it will, because every team featuring in 28 except WBA have good fixtures after plus I will have three Chelsea players at that moment with terrific fixtures - I might think of activating my wildcard with approximately 9.0m in the bank.

If Spurs find back their festive-period-form, it's Kane I'd like to bring in anyway.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Aguero to Costa done.

I will be hiding when Man City play Bournemouth on Monday...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think I'm going to roll, pending any drastic injury news. Already have a bit of a benching dilemma, and two frees for GW26 (once we know the FA cup and blank situation a bit better) could come in very useful.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Ruth_NZ wrote:But is it worth getting Siggy with Chelsea (a) next week?
With Leicester (H) and Burnley (H) either side of the Chelsea game, plus a guaranteed game in GW28, I'd say it's very definitely worth getting Siggy this week.

But then I'm biased, because that's exactly what I've done. :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
With Leicester (H) and Burnley (H) either side of the Chelsea game, plus a guaranteed game in GW28, I'd say it's very definitely worth getting Siggy this week.

But then I'm biased, because that's exactly what I've done. :mrgreen:
Torn between Ziggy for Lalla and Llorente for Barnes here.

Has anyone watched them to know how Llorente (or Fernando Torres, which is allegedly his real name) has coped with not moving to Chelski?

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Daniels -> Alonso

It feels wrong, given Bournemouth have a confirmed fixture in GW28, but the way they are going, even if Charlie gets back it's probably no more than 2 points I am forgoing.

Daniels in and Alonso out after GW20 is a strong contender for my worst transfer decision this season. :oops:

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

GW25 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 11th Feb 2017, 11:30 GMT

Post by jacksosi »

Eriksen ️ Siggy
Holebas ️ Coleman
Done, 2 FT
Last edited by jacksosi on 07 Feb 2017, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: RE: Re: GW25 Transfers. Deadline: Saturday 11th Feb 2017, 11:30 GMT

Post by BobMem »

BobMem wrote:Thinking about Alli :arrow: Sigurdsson to fund Jones :arrow: Coleman.

More than half an eye on GW28.
Done. Both for free.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
With Leicester (H) and Burnley (H) either side of the Chelsea game, plus a guaranteed game in GW28, I'd say it's very definitely worth getting Siggy this week. But then I'm biased, because that's exactly what I've done. :mrgreen:
Yeah. I'd rather have Alli for liv STO than Sigurdsson for LEI che is what I am saying. I may well get Sigurdsson in but not till GW27. But hey, I was just asking the question.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
With Leicester (H) and Burnley (H) either side of the Chelsea game, plus a guaranteed game in GW28, I'd say it's very definitely worth getting Siggy this week. But then I'm biased, because that's exactly what I've done. :mrgreen:
Yeah. I'd rather have Alli for liv STO than Sigurdsson for LEI che is what I am saying. I may well get Sigurdsson in but not till GW27. But hey, I was just asking the question.
The approx £1m freed up has to be factored in too, its also given me Coleman over Holebas for example

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Notned wrote:Think I'm going to roll, pending any drastic injury news. Already have a bit of a benching dilemma, and two frees for GW26 (once we know the FA cup and blank situation a bit better) could come in very useful.
+1

No reason to chase points when key information will be available before the start of the blanks in the following gw. Crucial part of the season coming up, best to keep your powder dry.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

jacksosi wrote:The approx £1m freed up has to be factored in too, its also given me Coleman over Holebas for example
Yes, agreed. Coleman & Siggy versus Alli and Holebas for the next 2 weeks is very much closer.

It's all a matter of timings really. And that partly depends on the shape of your squad, how many FTs you have and so on.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

To everyone debating bringing in siggy with Chelsea as a upcoming fixture,

Did you expect him to get a return against man City ? I know Chelsea are a much more solid team than city but it only takes a set piece for him to have a chance of getting some points

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Fuzzy wrote:Daniels -> Alonso

It feels wrong, given Bournemouth have a confirmed fixture in GW28, but the way they are going, even if Charlie gets back it's probably no more than 2 points I am forgoing.

Daniels in and Alonso out after GW20 is a strong contender for my worst transfer decision this season. :oops:
Interesting, I'm keeping Daniels, partly because I would have to take a hit to ditch him, partly because I have Baines, Brunt & Alonso too, mostly because he has no blanks. I wouldn't buy him now but as he's there anyway, why sell him?

Also I may be railing against the storm but I'm not sure the Cherries won't rally & fight. Eddie is a fighting man and will have a plan & they are a better team when Charles is in it which he will be next week :D

Do we have a resident Cherry who can shoot me down?

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Why are people ditching Erikson in droves? Something I don't know?? Or just the rush to get Siggy??

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Lallana > Carroll
Ake > Coleman

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

ricardo68 wrote:Why are people ditching Erikson in droves? Something I don't know?? Or just the rush to get Siggy??
Yes, I think the rush to get Siggy. Erik has been a little quiet very recently. Also, lots have put Alli in so I think those that have Erik and Alli think having both is probably overkill.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Yeah, I'm looking at Siggy for GW27 as well rather than sooner, just because of that Chels away fixture.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

No transfers for me this week. Missing Siggy and an Everton defender but the players I'd replace to bring these in have decent fixtures this week so I'll wait and hope patience is a virtue.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Pulpy wrote:No transfers for me this week. Missing Siggy and an Everton defender but the players I'd replace to bring these in have decent fixtures this week so I'll wait and hope patience is a virtue.
Same...

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Taken my 1st hit in ages - out of the cup & forward thinking for the blank GW's coming up...

Lallana :arrow: Barkley
Holgate :arrow: Robertson

Bench this GW, but then Hull have a decent run for most of the rest of the season - then will already played Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd & Liverpool twice.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Vsz wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Yeah, I'm looking at Siggy for GW27 as well rather than sooner, just because of that Chels away fixture.
With both Alli and Eriksen in my team, I've been having this internal discussion all week. Siggy vs Leicester is up there with Zlatan and Sanchez for points potential this week.

With both teams 1 point above the relegation line, the match could resemble a late season relegation battle type fixture, ie. both teams super focused and willing to give it all. Which is obviously what you'd expect from a top flight team in every league game, but sometimes teams and players need that extra pressure of occasion to mentally squeeze out their full potential. So I'm looking forward to the match, I believe it will be energetic and fast paced, that Leicester's form won't matter, and I'm sure I've no idea what the score will be. Fully open imo.

Much of the same could be said about Spurs @ Anfield. Huge game for both. Liverpool will go all out for the 3 points. Spurs, perhaps, will be happier with a draw. They're 9 points behind Chelsea, but only 4 points ahead of L'pool in 5th. They're a good counter attacking team, though. After a miserable 0-0 at Sunderland, and the unimpressive 1-0 penalty win vs. Boro, the space they're likely to get at Anfield might allow for more goals. I can see both teams scoring twice or more.

Here's how my team looks for GW26:

Foster (BOU)

Nyom (BOU)
Friend (cpl)
Ward (hul)
Alonso (SWA)
Amat (che)

Phillips (BOU)
Alli (STO)
Eriksen (STO)
Sanchez (---)
Carroll (che)

Ibrahimovic (---) -> Costa (SWA)
Kane (STO)
Lukaku (SUN)

With Amat not playing, that's a 4-4-2 with Swansea's Carroll playing Chelsea away.

Bought Sanchez at 10.9, he now costs 11.8. That said, in gw27 he has L'pool away after the 26 blank, then likely blanks again in 28.

Ibrahimovic has Bournemouth at home in between the 26 and 28 blank, the best fixture in the league right now. He costs 0.2 more than I can currently sell him for. So if I swap him for Costa for gw26 (Swansea home), I'll need him to drop twice to get him back for 27. That could happen and the fixtures would be nice for both, but I'll also want to do other transfers ahead of gw28. Christ. I'm not used to having to think this much. Ok so then the above team would include Costa (SWA) and actually be a really nice 4-3-3 with Sanchez benched. Let's see how gw27 would look:

Foster (CPL)

Nyom (CPL)
Friend (stk)
Ward (bur)
Alonso (SWA)
Amat (SWA)

Phillips (CPL)
Alli (EVE)
Eriksen (EVE)
Sanchez (liv)
Carroll (SWA)

1 mid -> Siggy

Costa (whm) -> Ibrahimovic (BOU)
Kane (EVE)
Lukaku (tot)

That's an alright 3-4-3. £0.2 short of Costa -> Ibrahimovic, unless he drops twice. I'll have 2 frees though, so this would be a good time to bring in Siggy (BUR) who also plays gw28. I'm very sorry, but I'm gonna do gw28 too:

Foster (eve)

Nyom (eve)
Friend (---)
Ward (---)
Alonso (---)
Amat (hul)

Phillips (eve)
Alli/Siggy (---/hul)
Eriksen/Siggy (---/hul)
Sanchez/Siggy (---/hul)
Carroll (hul)

Costa/Ibrahimovic (---/---)
Kane (---)
Lukaku (WBA)

Holy shit. That's 1-1-3-1, six players (and Amat). One conclusion: I really can't afford messing around with replacing Zlatan with Costa for one gw. If anything I'm less optimistic after this experiment. I currently have 5 players for gw28, with 4 free transfers before then. Siggy must come in at some point. And I need some upsets in the FA cup. Should I even press submit on this? Sorry for the RMTish post, it's probably only useful to me.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Settled on mine now, Pieters :arrow: Maguire and I'll roll the other FT. I wouldn't do it this week if I didn't have 2. Basically a small tweak to help with GW28 and improve my rotation till I wildcard. It won't affect my team this week, Maguire will be 3rd sub, same as Pieters would have been.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Settled on mine now, Pieters :arrow: Maguire and I'll roll the other FT. I wouldn't do it this week if I didn't have 2. Basically a small tweak to help with GW28 and improve my rotation till I wildcard. It won't affect my team this week, Maguire will be 3rd sub, same as Pieters would have been.
If it's not to late then I'd seriously suggest going for Robertson instead. He's 0.1m cheaper, has looked good going forward and looks very secure of his place. On the other hand, Maguire's position is surely under big threat as when Dawson is back from injury as it looks to me like 2 from 3 CBs when they pay a back four - and personally I'd say the captain is secure and the exciting new Italian signing Ranocchia is going to be massive competition for spot 2. :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”