To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW24 Points - A germane pun: Did the coalman deliver for you? Or was it ***king useless, a load of cack?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Re: GW24 Points - A germane pun: Did the coalman deliver for you? Or was it ***king useless, a load of cack?

Post by TheoRiginal »

Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
MoSe wrote:50 in the end
Just below fpl avg
And back down outside 20k
7,030 :arrow: 12,640 :arrow: 21,360 in 2 gws
What do you think is the approximate lowest ranking that you could be at the moment to still make the top 1k by the end of GW38?
I have risen 320k places in the last 8 weeks (which is 40k per week to prevent you having to get your calculator out) so with 14 weeks to go (and WC,TC and BB to play, of course, which potentially accelerates the rise) you could extrapolate that and say that (even with a casual attitude like mine) you could afford to have a current game rank of 600k and still achieve the Top 1K.

Unlikely, of course, since if you have a current OR of 600k it means you are VERY unlucky . . .
Last edited by TheoRiginal on 05 Feb 2017, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW24 Points - A germane pun: Did the coalman deliver for you? Or was it ***king useless, a load of cack?

Post by Football Hero »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg
What do you think is the approximate lowest ranking that you could be at the moment to still make the top 1k by the end of GW38?
I knew there was a reason why he put that ranking down!

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg
I have risen 320k places in the last 8 weeks (which is 40k per week to prevent you having to get your calculator out) so with 14 weeks to go (and WC,TC and BB to play, of course, which potentially accelerates the rise) you could extrapolate that and say that (even with a casual attitude like mine) you could afford to have a current game rank of 600k and still achieve the Top 1K.

Unlikely, of course, since if you have a current OR of 600k it means you are VERY unlucky . . .
There are many people above us that have already used some of their chips so they are kind of 'unrepresentively' ahead of us so far, and the true picture only really shakes out after GW38.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

Football Hero wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg

There are many people above us that have already used some of their chips so they are kind of 'unrepresentively' ahead of us so far, and the true picture only really shakes out after GW38.
You're doing it again - there aren't many people above ME that have used their chips.

And perhaps you missed the highlighted bit?

But perhaps you are right, maybe we should put off deciding strategies until the picture is clearer, after GW38

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Finished on 78, into the top 100k, through in the cup and, most importantly of all, 27 points clear in the ML I'm desperate to win. :)

Oh, and 2 frees this week.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Football Hero wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg
I knew there was a reason why he put that ranking down!
:?: :?: :?:

Why?

Because it's my ranking now

The reason why I put my gw score down here, is because that's my gw score.
The reason why I put my OR down here, is because that's my OR.

You could say, who cares.
Well, you could say that about every poster here.
Still, members come here to post their gw score.
Some report and maybe comment about their ranking too

If you can extract or invent further reasons why I post here, I'll be interested to learn about them here.
...or, welll, maybe not

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

In the last 4 weeks I've seen more red arrows than Fort Laramie :roll:

32 lousy points with over half a million wiped off my TV overnight and more than that over the last 4 weeks :?

Still the only way is up :D

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

80 all out

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

Weisenwolf wrote:Still the only way is up :D
You have done it now! Blahblah will be along any minute with a bunch of Yazz puns . . .

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:The reason why I put my OR down here, is because that's my OR.
...and the reason I specified that number was because it's your OR. :mrgreen:
MoSe wrote:You could say, who cares?
Well, I kind of do, speaking personally. I'm always glad if you do well because you are an original guy and the salt of this site.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg
21,359 :mrgreen:

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

math! wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg
21,359 :mrgreen:

[That's Ville's current OR]

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

72 all out. Decent.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheoRiginal wrote:38,742 [That's Ville's current OR]
Nah. MoSe is way better than Ville. :P

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:
Football Hero wrote:
MoSe wrote:
Just below fpl avg

You're doing it again - there aren't many people above ME that have used their chips.

And perhaps you missed the highlighted bit?

But perhaps you are right, maybe we should put off deciding strategies until the picture is clearer, after GW38
But there are some. :wink:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Still the only way is up :D
You have done it now! Blahblah will be along any minute with a bunch of Yazz puns . . .
He's there Theo; he's right on it :lol:

Well, except for the Yazz bit, I gotta keep it movin :wink:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finished with 84. Would have been more had I not kneejerked Hazard to De Bruyne due to fixtures and price drops.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Re: GW24 Points - Did you have a terrible week, or did you captain Lukaku?

Post by OIEIAO »

OIEIAO wrote:54 with Zlatan (c) and Valencia to go.
Brought Lukaku in this week with my FT but I must confess I wasn't close to giving him the (c), just the (v).

Bit of a "heroes and villains" this week with 5 blanks joining the great business of Hazard Alonso and Lukaku, and a 5 from Foster.
Joccki_10 wrote:76 (-) with Ibrahimovic to go.

But if someone gives him a knock before kick-off, I will get Barnes' 8. So please, go on.
I have Obiang (13) as my only playing sub. So Zlatan missing out today and Lukaku being upgraded to captain would net me an extra 34! :shock:
I'll let him off if he can come close to Lukaku s performance level though :)
Make that 77 all out. Good work from Valencia (assist, CS and 2 bonus) and a solid 6 from captain Zlatan rounds off a profitable if not exceptional week.

Moved up 285k places :)

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

100 exactly and possibly the only time you'll ever see me posting on this thread. 127k to 40k. You'll never guess who I captained.

I should point out that I am a Palace season ticket holder, so it's not all fun in the TheFinger household.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

53, still a poor score but somehow managed to minimize the losses with 23 from 3 yesterday.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

CarlosTheFinger wrote:100 exactly and possibly the only time you'll ever see me posting on this thread. 127k to 40k. You'll never guess who I captained.

I should point out that I am a Palace season ticket holder, so it's not all fun in the TheFinger household.
Congrats on the first one!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:...
Seems to be a big swing week. Glad I'm relatively on the right side of it.
Confirming what posted above, you started the gw 15p behind me, you've outscored me by 28p and you now lead me by 13p, which will increase by whatever Valencia will get.
Well done, glad for you. :)
2 gw ago I was 7kth, now slipped down to 19k . You are nearing the 10k - I'd have no probs ending the season behind you (as usual), if you get in the top 1k ;) you've been in another league for me last season, and you still are, for your strategical approach, despite my initial fortunes bubbling me up

But this gw if you take both our best scorers, the rest of my team was better than yours, of at least comparable. :mrgreen:
The point being, all the huge swing in this gw, could be pinpointed to 1 player.
So I should ask myself, or rather review what brought me to be without him this gw, while you and many others had him.
A long discourse to make at midnight from mobile ;)
found out later this post of yours in STC, and that's indeed what I meant I needed to review and reflect upon :)
Ruth_NZ wrote:
snakzz wrote:Forget his big haul, but should he have been in the team by last round either way?
Yes. I think so really. But it always depends on where you are starting from.
Sometimes different factors like squad structure, problems in other areas (injuries and so forth) mean that you miss a player that would be good to have.
No player is essential this season. But I certainly considered Lukaku as a priority player for this run of games.

That's my honest answer.
and while thanking you for the following amenities ;)
Ruth_NZ wrote:...
MoSe wrote:You could say, who cares?
Well, I kind of do, speaking personally. I'm always glad if you do well because you are an original guy and the salt of this site.
Ruth_NZ wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:38,742 [That's Ville's current OR]
Nah. MoSe is way better than Ville. :P
8-) :oops:
I indulged in my favourite pastime, just out of curiosity :mrgreen:
RNZvMS.png
(could of course be the basis for a bit less jocular analysis too. Sometimes)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dajiba
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dajiba »

A fairly uninspiring 56. Going to take a hit this week, already done Rose to Coleman and Lallana to Siggy.

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Albert_ini wrote:
CarlosTheFinger wrote:100 exactly and possibly the only time you'll ever see me posting on this thread. 127k to 40k. You'll never guess who I captained.

Congrats on the first one!
Thanks Fellow. Congratulations on one points hit all season!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:I indulged in my favourite pastime, just out of curiosity. :mrgreen:
Hmmm... By that chart it looks like I am certain to finish behind you this season, MoSe. :(

That gives me 2 reasons now to hope you do spectacularly well. Maybe you can pull me into a good OR behind you. :)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

congrats CTF, this GW we only had 6 Centurions in the Forum League, a select club :D

i'll do it the quick way for now, files in the next days
FisoTeamGPGROPOR______________________________________________________________
plasticninjaplasticninjas10437441228526547
Raith RaverShow Me Da Mane10437441216637401
???PutTheFreaksUpFront10346071185990651
matmutteFC Schmengellow 20171026100134130187
CarlosTheFingerMutch of a Muchness1007955133240594
???atthepeak1008819130885096

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
MoSe wrote:I indulged in my favourite pastime, just out of curiosity. :mrgreen:
Hmmm... By that chart it looks like I am certain to finish behind you this season, MoSe. :(

That gives me 2 reasons now to hope you do spectacularly well. Maybe you can pull me into a good OR behind you. :)
I was actually thinking the opposite, like the careless adventurer not able to cope with the slippery descent after peaking without a plan,
vs the wise farmer holding fast in the winter and reaping the rewards of his thought out strategy... :oops: :mrgreen:

in my last 10 I went from 30k to 7k back to 21k
while in your last 8 you surged from 300k to 8k!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”