To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Retain Both
18%
Keep Ibra, Sell Alexis
23%
Keep Alexis, Sell Ibra
29%
Sell Both
15%
Unsure at this stage
14%

Total votes: 142

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Re: What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Post by Paulista »

cesc408 wrote:Paid 11.4, Selling value 11.6, Probably drop tonight aswell so would cost me .1 if I don't act tonight.
It looks like his delta has been reset on FFF and FPLS, now he's 11,700 away from a drop. Roughly 40%. Add the fact he's just scored, maybe you won't need to act so quickly after all.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The good thing about today for Sanchez is that his price shouldn't drop anywhere near as quickly as it would otherwise have done. I was quite worried he would drop fast before the cup games next weekend, but at the moment it looks steady enough. :)

Ibra on the other hand looks in danger of losing price before the decision can be made. :(

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Stemania wrote:The good thing about today for Sanchez is that his price shouldn't drop anywhere near as quickly as it would otherwise have done. I was quite worried he would drop fast before the cup games next weekend, but at the moment it looks steady enough. :)

Ibra on the other hand looks in danger of losing price before the decision can be made. :(
This is perhaps FPL gegenpressing, forcing managers to make a decision a lot quicker than they are otherwise comfortable with. The casuals will panic and the better players will make a better judgement call.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Paulista wrote:FPL gegenpressing
Ha ha - I love that. :mrgreen:

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Wait and see for me. I bought for 11m so SP is 11.4. He could drop to 11.5 ish over the next few weeks I guess but I'm more worried about wasting transfers than losing money. It's two valuable transfers swapping out a player then getting him back in. It would be different if there's a cup upset though and someone like Hazard gets a GW28.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

The Username wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
The Username wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
The Username wrote:Ill be keeping Sanchez. Its all well and good getting rid, but when or if you can bench each your also keeping a future DGW player, one others will find hard to squeeze in. Benching is logical if you can do it.
Do you also think it's logical if you got him at 11.9m? Honestly...
Yep i do, the value of transfers at this stage of the season is worth far more than .3 or whatever and if you got him 11.9, its unlikely you have held him long enough to get value out of owning him. Do you think that wont be regained coming up to a DGW anyway.
I do. But I was always planning on getting him back after GW30 or so and I don't think I need more transfers to make that happen.

Plus I can do something else with the funds when I get rid of him next week. Upgrade Barnes to Costa for example. I think that's pretty justifiable, don't you?
Looking at your team i would be tempted to Ibra :arrow: Costa next GW myself mate, you have far better cover in midfield than up front, which gives you bags of money to upgrade Barnes and keep Sanchez, with the possibility of a nice punt upfornt in 28.
Ibra did look really bad today. Dropped deep a lot of times again like he did at Leicester.

Maybe I'll follow your advice and do Ibra to Costa (early?).

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Got Sanchez @ 10.9. he stays. Only got Ibra back a while ago at 11.2. Sold for Lookaku at 11.4, he's only 11.6 and will be back down at that by the time I rebuy, quite possibly next week if I decide to do the hokey cokey between the two of them for 3 weeks. Alternatively, might just keep the troll for all three weeks and buy Ibra back even cheaper.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:Ibra did look really bad today. Dropped deep a lot of times again like he did at Leicester. Maybe I'll follow your advice and do Ibra to Costa (early?).
The commentary I was listening to said "on another day Zlatan could have scored a hat-trick". That's exactly what happened against Burnley before he went on his last scoring run.

It depends on FAC5 but all things being equal I am much more inclined to lose Sanchez than Zlatan. Simply because I want Zlatan as my captain in GW27. United and City have the best fixtures that week by quite a distance (of the big teams anyway).

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Ibra did look really bad today. Dropped deep a lot of times again like he did at Leicester. Maybe I'll follow your advice and do Ibra to Costa (early?).
The commentary I was listening to said "on another day Zlatan could have scored a hat-trick". That's exactly what happened against Burnley before he went on his last scoring run.

It depends on FAC5 but all things being equal I am much more inclined to lose Sanchez than Zlatan. Simply because I want Zlatan as my captain in GW27. United and City have the best fixtures that week by quite a distance (of the big teams anyway).
I agree about all else, but he never would have scored a hat-trick. Not today and not on another day. It was a totally different game than the Burnley game.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:I agree about all else, but he never would have scored a hat-trick. Not today and not on another day. It was a totally different game than the Burnley game.
Yeah, having now seen the highlights I think that was an exaggeration. He had chances though and at least one that took a great save to stop.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:I agree about all else, but he never would have scored a hat-trick. Not today and not on another day. It was a totally different game than the Burnley game.
Yeah, having now seen the highlights I think that was an exaggeration. He had chances though and at least one that took a great save to stop.
Big difference between could of and should of had a hattrick (or scored / sent off or whatever)

Anyone could of had a hattrick in any match, its only really relevant of they've been denied by worldie keeping / falling over when clean through / clearances off the line / dodgy ref decisions etc and in fact should of.

Some commentators get carried away after a few pops from outside the box that whizz a few feet past the post - doesnt cut it for me and best to ignore the hyperbole when making FPL decisions and try and catch the highlights!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Scottoffee wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Big difference between could of and should of had a hattrick (or scored / sent off or whatever)

Anyone could of had a hattrick in any match, its only really relevant of they've been denied by worldie keeping / falling over when clean through / clearances off the line / dodgy ref decisions etc and in fact should of.

Some commentators get carried away after a few pops from outside the box that whizz a few feet past the post - doesnt cut it for me and best to ignore the hyperbole when making FPL decisions and try and catch the highlights!
"IF" Ibra had put one away early then given the opportunities he had the day would have ended differently. The information I take from his performance (reported and watched) is positive for coming game weeks. There are a huge amount of IF and WHAT in FPL and IMHO Ibra will haul consistently for the remainder of the season. I can live with an assist and 90 minutes as long as the rest of my forward line fire.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Could have. Could HAVE. COULD BLOODY HAVE.

Ok I'm done. Sorry about that.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Keeping Sanchez, selling Ibra. Not set in stone yet, but very much the way I'm leaning.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Ibra only had two shots on target in the entire match so I'm not sure where this so called hat-trick was supposed to have come from.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Paulista wrote:Ibra only had two shots on target in the entire match so I'm not sure where this so called hat-trick was supposed to have come from.
8 attempts, 5 in the box, one a miscue with an open goal, a couple blocked, at least one great save. But hey, I was only repeating what I heard on the radio commentary. :?

Looking at the highlights and the stats confirms me in wanting Zlatan as my GW27 captain anyway. :)

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Paulista wrote:Ibra only had two shots on target in the entire match so I'm not sure where this so called hat-trick was supposed to have come from.
8 attempts, 5 in the box, one a miscue with an open goal, a couple blocked, at least one great save. But hey, I was only repeating what I heard on the radio commentary. :?

Looking at the highlights and the stats confirms me in wanting Zlatan as my GW27 captain anyway. :)
Well I read two shots on target, five shots off target. Maybe they were all an inch away from the woodwork, or maybe they were poor attempts, but it seemed to indicate lack of accuracy as opposed to the goalkeeping heroic display against Tom Heaton. So maybe I misunderstood 'should have scored a hat-trick' due to the amount of efforts on goal, regardless of on target/off target/blocked, but if that's the case, then Sanchez should score a hat-trick in almost every match with the amount of shots he has per game :mrgreen:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I've sold Ibra for Lukaku already. Still not sure what I'm doing about Sanchez yet, although I'm likely selling for Hazard.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I can actually still put out a pretty decent team outfield next week even if I keep and bench Sanchez (3 Spurs, 3 Everton, 2 Chelsea, 2 West Brom).

So I think before selling Sanchez and/or Ibra, have a look at your own squad to see how strong your team is going into GW26 without the blank players, it may still be good enough that you don't need to spend as many transfers as you thought.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

I have both and Valencia and might bench all 3.

I have 2 FT's and 1.5m itb which i could use for something like Amat - Brunt and Rodwell - Davies which gives me 442 for GW26 and 2 extra players fror GW28 and allows me to keep Ibra and Valencia for that tasty GW 27 match. Alexis is fixture proof and i bought him at 10.9 so not keen to sell.

Thoughts?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I only have Sanchez and Sterling out next week with a very ropey bench that includes Amat and Diomande. I intend to swap Sterling out and bench Sanchez.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

BobMem wrote:Could have. Could HAVE. COULD BLOODY HAVE.
+ BLOODY 1

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Bloody sold Sanchez last week. Doofus.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
+ BLOODY 1
+1 - I was writing the same until I realised you already of

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I just sold Sanchez for Barkley. Annoyed that I didn't see Barkley rose 0.1 over the weekend.

I'm keeping Ibra as I'll captain him GW27.

Sanchez won't be coming back in until GW31ish for me. Well, that's the plan currently anyway.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

I am thinking Sanchez goes for me. No rush, as I can take a 0.1 drop.

Based on probable transfers over next 3 weeks (and knowing who I will want to keep in GW28 despite their blanks), for me it means making 1 more transfer (so the equivalent of 4 points) to play Lanzini (wat), Eriksen (EVE), Lanzini (bor) instead of TCarroll (che), Sanchez (liv), 0.

All that goes up in the air if we get Cupsets on the weekend, but at the moment that could be how I roll.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Worth noting that for Sanchez to get a game in 28 you'd need Ars AND Leics to both be knocked out.

Other Cupsets look more likely.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Vsz wrote:
Pirlo's Beard wrote:
+ BLOODY 1
+1 - I was writing the same until I realised you already of
:lol:

Of it!!!!

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
+ BLOODY 1
couldn't of said it better myself!

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Vsz wrote:Worth noting that for Sanchez to get a game in 28 you'd need Ars AND Leics to both be knocked out.

Other Cupsets look more likely.
Those aren't the Cupsets that would topple my plan - I am more susceptible to, say, Liverpool having a GW28 fixture (in which case the appeal of using the Sanchez funds on somebody like Mane rather than Lanzini would likely be too hard to resist). I guess in my particular circumstances, my point is that I am not too bothered about sitting on 6.5m in the bank during GW28, ready to bring Sanchez straight back in the following week (if I choose to), if I only have a choice of Swansea, Hull, West Ham or Bournemouth players to spend it on (I am already max-ed out on Everton and WBA).

(Edited to clarify the Liverpool cup reference. Basic tenor is unchanged)
Last edited by Fuzzy on 13 Feb 2017, 19:18, edited 2 times in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Yep, Arsenal surely looking the most likely to not have that GW28 game. Problem is, who the best replacement is will depend on other results. If Liverpool go out I may go Mane, if it's Chelsea then probably Hazard, if no-one big falls I may even keep Sanchez. :D

Edit: As corrected immediately below, "if Liverpool have a GW28 fixture" not if "if Liverpool go out". Dunce. :mrgreen: :oops:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”