To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Retain Both
18%
Keep Ibra, Sell Alexis
23%
Keep Alexis, Sell Ibra
29%
Sell Both
15%
Unsure at this stage
14%

Total votes: 142

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Post by gallus »

Depends on how many other blanks I'll have and on price changes. I bought Sanchez when he was 10.9 so I don't think selling makes sense for me.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:I won't be selling Sanchez; he's the best FPL asset out there.

Also I only paid £11M for him, if I sell I will get £11.4M which means when I want him back (Fixtures from GW27 are excellent and will includ DGW's) he could cost anything up to £.5M more to buy back.
He'll almost certainly drop in value due to the blanks, and with a tough game at Liverpool in between, he could very well put up a total of 2 points over 3 weeks. At west brom and home to City aren't great candidates for hauls, either. In my mind it's pretty clear he has to go after GW25.
Of the current top 8 teams Liverpool, West Brom & City are the 3 who have conceded the most goals. And Liverpool have been awful for the last month. So I can't see any reason to assume Sanchez will blank those three games.

And yes he will drop in value but I'm not sure he will drop so far. And when the DGW's arrive he will go right back up again.
I'm not saying he will blank in all three. He likely won't. But for a player who costs over 11, saying "well, he'll probably give you returns in at least 1 of the next 5 weeks" isn't very inspiring.

A couple of other points: Sanchez is suffering net transfers out right now, and that's probably simply due to being away to Chelsea (despite a home game vs Hull the week after). I think he'll plummet when there's an actual blank.

Additionally, I still have my wildcard and will probably play it sometime GW29-31 to set up for the end of the season. That makes me unconcerned about spending a transfer to get Sanchez back in.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I'm a Sanchez 10.9er, and I'm weighing the merits of selling vs holding. If it were a toss up between retaining some value and saving a couple of transfers, vs getting a better player in for the blanks, I think I'd favour the former. However, the WC means it's likely only one transfer out then a freebie back in, which makes it a closer call.

At the moment, everyone in his price bracket looks likely to have a blank, so the big question is really whether I'll have the time and the transfers to adequately spend the Sanchez funds before WC-ing him back in again. Dunno - that might all be nonsense. At the moment, it seems to me as though selling him before the first blank is probably wiser.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Holding Ibra, selling Satchez.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I don't have Ibra in my FPL team, I swapped him or for Kane and he had a couple of big performances back to back, though I will likely be retaining Ibra in my sky sports fantasy team.

As for Sanchez, I'll keep hold of him in my FPL team for the time being. I think he'll continue to be productive as time goes on. From a schedule perspective he should be alright, though I could consider swapping him out for say Alli or Firminho/Coutinho to save some cash towards making a change at another position. But I'll probably stick with Sanchez.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Anyone think there's merit in trading Sanchez > KDB this week?

Sanchez next 3 games are Chelsea AWAY, Hull HOME, Liverpool AWAY.

KDB's are Swansea HOME, Bournemouth AWAY, Sunderland AWAY.

Yes the premium players can score anytime but Arsenal's fixtures do look like one with haul potential sandwiched between two tough games ,where it would be no surprise if Arsenal didn't score.

Man City's games all look like haul opportunities, and KDB in form.

On a lesser, reluctant to even mention it note, Arsenal 99.9% to miss gw28. Man City away at Huddersfield should also miss gw28, but much less a foregone conclusion that one.

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

Hotstepper wrote:Anyone think there's merit in trading Sanchez > KDB this week?

Sanchez next 3 games are Chelsea AWAY, Hull HOME, Liverpool AWAY.

KDB's are Swansea HOME, Bournemouth AWAY, Sunderland AWAY.

Yes the premium players can score anytime but Arsenal's fixtures do look like one with haul potential sandwiched between two tough games ,where it would be no surprise if Arsenal didn't score.

Man City's games all look like haul opportunities, and KDB in form.

On a lesser, reluctant to even mention it note, Arsenal 99.9% to miss gw28. Man City away at Huddersfield should also miss gw28, but much less a foregone conclusion that one.
He's definitely an option because his next four games look very tempting. The following three are tough, but he follows that with a good run of games to finish the season. So KDB is a legitimate alternative for Sanchez, he generally plays so will not be a rotation risk (I think/hope) and he's a premium player himself.

Personally I think Sanchez will score more points between now and the end of the season than KDB, but there probably won't be that much in it. So I'd feel comfortable with either guy, though KDB's fixtures do look very appealing if City play to their potential and he doesn't get rotated at some point in Pep's system.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Not really, what with the blanks (which both are likely to have) and Pep's rotation could hit KDB this week, it's not guaranteed that he would start.

I'd save the transfer or fix a real problem first, but if you can't do either of those and if you have 4 or more players already involved in GW28, then sure taking a punt on KDB is worth considering. Seems like quite a few "ifs" in there though!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Little or none. Sanchez is a stand-out captaincy candidate next week.

I expect I will probably let Sanchez go but not till GW26.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 06 Feb 2017, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Agree with the above posts. KDB will be there presumably for 2 weeks? Not worth blowing a transfer.
FWIW I have KDB, and will chop him after the couple of good weeks.
Good captaincy material for this week though.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

To answer the question: I will let go of Ibrahimovic (and KDB and Alli) and will keep Sanchez (and Azpilicueta).
Might actually not get Ibrahimovic back at all after 28, and will just keep Costa for the run. Except for the DGW.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Plan is to get rid of Sanchez for GW26-30 (blank - liv - blank - wba - MCI).
+1

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Don't have Ibra, selling Sanchez after Hull game to upgrade 3rd forward

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

with Watford at home next and then Bournemouth H in GW27 there is no way I'm losing Ibra, can see two good wins and heavy points for him in both games, looks the best C choice too.

Unsure on Sanchez, definitely keeping him this week and will then reassess, hard fixtures, blanks, two huge games against Bayern and Arsenal look so poor at the moment, he's closer to the door than Ibra but still a wait and see.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Sanchez after Hull has to go. He might get rested, he has Bayern twice, 2 blanks and Man City and Liverpool..

Keeping Ibra, some good chances of scoring and he's a good captaincy choice vs Bournemouth.

Sanchez --> Snodgras Crouch --> Costa

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

I am surprised at the premature ditching of these 2. I am keeping both for this week but then i will probably get rid of one of them depending on what happens and what is on the horizon with fixtures.

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Sanchez after Hull has to go. He might get rested, he has Bayern twice, 2 blanks and Man City and Liverpool..

Keeping Ibra, some good chances of scoring and he's a good captaincy choice vs Bournemouth.

Sanchez --> Snodgras Crouch --> Costa
He will be rested...for the FA Cup match against Sutton and the missing fixture in GW25 (17 days?)
Will be amazed if he was benched for any of the league games as well.
if Wenger doesn't get a result against Hull then the knives really will be out for him.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

Sanchez -> Mane
Ibrahimovic -> Diego Costa

After gameweek 25 (gonna use my 2FT)

This means I'll go with

Mane - Eriksen - Phillips
Kane - Costa - Lukaku

In gameweek 26.

For gameweek 27 I'll get Ibra back and wait to see what's happening with Alexis' price. Can get him back easily, this looks like a right moment to use my team value as an asset. Until then, the fixtures for GW28 will be known, so I'll probabbly take a hit to make my team of at least 7 playing players. Keeping an eye on Rondon...

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

If Daniels & Tom Carroll are fit for GW26 I'm going to keep both of them. Will allow me both for GW27 & 2 FT into GW28. I won't have to mess about getting either back for the DGW's too.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Weisenwolf wrote:If Daniels & Tom Carroll are fit for GW26 I'm going to keep both of them. Will allow me both for GW27 & 2 FT into GW28. I won't have to mess about getting either back for the DGW's too.
Carroll? Injured..?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:If Daniels & Tom Carroll are fit for GW26 I'm going to keep both of them. Will allow me both for GW27 & 2 FT into GW28. I won't have to mess about getting either back for the DGW's too.
Carroll? Injured..?
No but I've had that many last minute injuries this season I take nothing for granted until the deadline :lol:

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I got Sanchez for 11.4 and he's now 11.8.

I'll consider selling and bringing back on a wildcard but would probably want someone who will play all of GW 26 to 30. I will wait until the FA Cup position is clearer but not convinced there's a worthwhile midfield replacement out there at the moment, bearing in mind I already have Sigurdsson. Barkley maybe?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Ill be keeping Sanchez. Its all well and good getting rid, but if you can bench, your also keeping a future very coveted DGW player, one others will find hard to squeeze in. Benching is logical if you can do it.
Last edited by The Username on 11 Feb 2017, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

The Username wrote:Ill be keeping Sanchez. Its all well and good getting rid, but when or if you can bench each your also keeping a future DGW player, one others will find hard to squeeze in. Benching is logical if you can do it.
Do you also think it's logical if you got him at 11.9m? Honestly...

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Joccki_10 wrote:
The Username wrote:Ill be keeping Sanchez. Its all well and good getting rid, but when or if you can bench each your also keeping a future DGW player, one others will find hard to squeeze in. Benching is logical if you can do it.
Yep i do, the value of transfers at this stage of the season is worth far more than .3 or whatever and if you got him 11.9, its unlikely you have held him long enough to get value out of owning him. Do you think that wont be regained coming up to a DGW anyway, he is the top scoring player in the game and a TC candidate, i would think he will be quite popular target or a firghtening one to go without in a DGW of which it looks like he will have two.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

The Username wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Yep i do, the value of transfers at this stage of the season is worth far more than .3 or whatever and if you got him 11.9, its unlikely you have held him long enough to get value out of owning him. Do you think that wont be regained coming up to a DGW anyway.
I do. But I was always planning on getting him back after GW30 or so and I don't think I need more transfers to make that happen.

Plus I can do something else with the funds when I get rid of him next week. Upgrade Barnes to Costa for example. I think that's pretty justifiable, don't you?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Joccki_10 wrote:
The Username wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Yep i do, the value of transfers at this stage of the season is worth far more than .3 or whatever and if you got him 11.9, its unlikely you have held him long enough to get value out of owning him. Do you think that wont be regained coming up to a DGW anyway.
I do. But I was always planning on getting him back after GW30 or so and I don't think I need more transfers to make that happen.

Plus I can do something else with the funds when I get rid of him next week. Upgrade Barnes to Costa for example. I think that's pretty justifiable, don't you?
All about your own circumstances mate, i dont think there is one right way, i just think a lot of transfers are moving the deck chairs around at this stage of the season with the blanks and we genreally ignore what our bench can do. When we are over the blanks, we will be reversing transfers we did to cover them to plan for DGW, if we can limit those transfers by say using bench cover next week and 28, its likely going to lead to an extra DGW player.

But it sounds like you have a plan, hope it works out. :)

Looking at your team i would be tempted to Ibra :arrow: Costa next GW myself mate, you have far better cover in midfield than up front, which gives you bags of money to upgrade Barnes and keep Sanchez, with the possibility of a nice punt upfornt in 28.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Paid 11.4, Selling value 11.6, Probably drop tonight aswell so would cost me .1 if I don't act tonight.

Planned all along to ship as my bench is almost non existant (Carrick main back up) + I think he will drop multiple times.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Sánchez
ARS
£11.8 £11.8 £11.8

Ibrahimovic
MUN
£11.6 £11.4 £11.2

Also I need a cpatain for GW27. So looking like holding Ibra and selling Sanchez to free up Lukaku funds

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

The Username wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
The Username wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:

All about your own circumstances mate, i dont think there is one right way, i just think a lot of transfers are moving the deck chairs around at this stage of the season with the blanks and we genreally ignore what our bench can do. When we are over the blanks, we will be reversing transfers we did to cover them to plan for DGW, if we can limit those transfers by say using bench cover next week and 28, its likely going to lead to an extra DGW player.

But it sounds like you have a plan, hope it works out. :)

Looking at your team i would be tempted to Ibra :arrow: Costa next GW myself mate, you have far better cover in midfield than up front, which gives you bags of money to upgrade Barnes and keep Sanchez, with the possibility of a nice punt upfornt in 28.
Had a brief look at that, but then I will lose the main captaincy option for GW27 and I can't see another decent option so quickly (Costa?).

It's and wait and see for now. Let's first see how today's games and the FA Cup results pan out. Appreciate your thoughts nonetheless.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”