To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Retain Both
18%
Keep Ibra, Sell Alexis
23%
Keep Alexis, Sell Ibra
29%
Sell Both
15%
Unsure at this stage
14%

Total votes: 142

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

With the first blanks of the season fast approaching and others following on soon after, what do you plan to do with the two highest-owned premium assets?

Fixtures are as follows :

Both players have juicy-looking GW25 fixtures, when they will doubtless be hogging the captaincy polls...but then follows the very large possibility of missing 2 out of 3 gameweeks.
Ibra does at least have a nice home fixture sandwiched in-between the two (likely) blanks.

Furthermore, on the back of this, do we anticipate that both of these players will shed some serious value in the next few weeks?
Both look as though they are already starting to head back south.
Could we be selling them and possibly be getting them back at the same price or lower?

* Calculations courtesy of @bencrellin

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Post by Joccki_10 »

Getting rid of Sánchez after GW25. Ibra not sure yet.

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

Hold both, happy to strengthen bench to accommodate and not waste transfers getting back in

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Keeping both. Phil Jones on the other hand....

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I think I'll lose Sanchez after GW25, but might hold Ibra. Depends a lot in the form of Costa and other strikers.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Unsure. Depends on state of the team at the time. Would be nice to sell both. Probably buy back Sanchez, no great rush to buy Ibra back

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

That is a bad list for Sanchez. I'm including Hull. I don't think theyre push overs anymore.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

math! wrote:That is a bad list for Sanchez. I'm including Hull. I don't think theyre push overs anymore.
Plus there are a lot more midfielders with no blanks than there are strikers, where we only really have Lukaku as a strong non-blanking option. I'll leave Sanchez this week though, I'm almost certain he will go back up top against Chelsea so it's worth keeping for that and probably Hull, and then thinking as the blank week approaches.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

At the moment I'm thinking of selling Ibra after GW25 and run with Costa/Kane/Lukaku.

Sanchez I'm not sure about. It's a lot of money tied up in him for blank/liv/blank.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Probably ditch both, and bring in Costa.

Ibra has the potential to score most games but UTD just aren't cutting it as a team. More chance of Spurs or Chelsea scoring 3 then UTD

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

you will lose $ on both plain and simple. Therefore if u have more than 1 or a combo of Arse, Man U, Soton, & Shitty City, then you need to ditch fast

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

It's not something I have to think about, since I don't have either, nor have I had them during the last six weeks of green arrows. :D

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Transfers out suggests lots doing this early. Seems madness to me

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I think we need to be a bit cautious saying Hull are suddenly solid defensively. Their keeper had a pretty special match last night, and on another day Man U walk away comfortable winners. It's very similar to Burnley and Heaton earlier in the season, and they still have one of the worst away records in the league.
There are signs Hull might be improving, but they could easily get spanked by Arsenal in GW25.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It's worth waiting till after the next round has been played before making any final decisions I reckon, just in case one of the big teams goes out of the cup more than anything. Arsenal's chances of avoiding a double blank are particularly bad (due to also relying on Leicester's progress) so perhaps we should think seriously about replacing Sanchez, but who the best replacement is probably won't be known until the cup results come in.

If all of the top 6 get through I can't really think of that many players that would be great replacements as they'll all have GW28 blanks. :shock:

At least with Ibra you've got Lukaku and perhaps Carroll(?) or something? I'm thinking selling at least one and spreading the cash to an eighth attacker like Siggy (great fixtures and on pens) or Stanislas (on pens now Wilson is out for the season) will be a good plan. :D

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Plan is to get rid of Sanchez for GW26-30 (blank - liv - blank - wba - MCI). Will probably use Hazard to cover this period (despite his blank in GW28).

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

what are you people afraid of??? Sanchez last 5 games 6,7,11,8,4 - a goal or assist in every one of those games. What goes up is going straight down. Starting with chelsea on Sat. A 2 pointer is incoming :P get off now before the price inevitably drops. Or are you all too chicken :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for Ibra, hes just Gash full stop :twisted:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Plan is to get rid of Sanchez for GW26-30 (blank - liv - blank - wba - MCI). Will probably use Hazard to cover this period (despite his blank in GW28).
Same, as explained in my RMT. :D

Only if Spurs get knocked out I will be doing Sánchez to Sigurdsson.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ibra will become Lukaku or Costa after GW25.

Not sure about Sanchez yet, will play that one by ear.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I won't be selling Sanchez; he's the best FPL asset out there.

Also I only paid £11M for him, if I sell I will get £11.4M which means when I want him back (Fixtures from GW27 are excellent and will includ DGW's) he could cost anything up to £.5M more to buy back.

It's not worth it; better to bench him.

I also have Aguero, Ibra & Bellerin so I'm going to have to dump a couple of them, not sure who yet, despite Jesus, Aguero has got to be worth keeping for a bit, in case he hauls

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Weisenwolf wrote:I won't be selling Sanchez; he's the best FPL asset out there.
+1

With at least a goal or assist in 10 out of the last 11 games he is the most dependable player in the game.

Dropping Ibra is easy because he is replaceable, and non-essential too, so one could feel comfortable not bringing him back after the blanks.

Sanchez would surely need to come straight back in afterwards so I'd be inclined to hold rather than use two transfers (plus probably pay a higher price)

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Also I only paid £11M for him, if I sell I will get £11.4M which means when I want him back (Fixtures from GW27 are excellent and will includ DGW's) he could cost anything up to £.5M more to buy back.
He'll almost certainly drop in value due to the blanks, and with a tough game at Liverpool in between, he could very well put up a total of 2 points over 3 weeks. At west brom and home to City aren't great candidates for hauls, either. In my mind it's pretty clear he has to go after GW25.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Turd Ferguson wrote:

He'll almost certainly drop in value due to the blanks, and with a tough game at Liverpool in between, he could very well put up a total of 2 points over 3 weeks. At west brom and home to City aren't great candidates for hauls, either. In my mind it's pretty clear he has to go after GW25.
Of the current top 8 teams Liverpool, West Brom & City are the 3 who have conceded the most goals. And Liverpool have been awful for the last month. So I can't see any reason to assume Sanchez will blank those three games.

And yes he will drop in value but I'm not sure he will drop so far. And when the DGW's arrive he will go right back up again.

MGPT
Treebeard

Post by MGPT »

When are we likely to find out the dates for rearranged gw26 fixtures? When we're they played last year?

This could have a big impact on these decisions.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: RE: Re: What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Post by Stemania »

MGPT wrote:When are we likely to find out the dates for rearranged gw26 fixtures? When we're they played last year?

This could have a big impact on these decisions.
Last year they were moved along with the FA Cup QF blanks to GW33/34/37 and the dates were announced on March 15th (equivalent to the Thursday after GW28 this year). It should be GWs 34/37 again this year.

There's still a chance the GW26 games could be rearranged for later in GW26 (and that scenario could be announced any day now), but that's looking increasingly unlikely as the days pass. :D

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

Weisenwolf wrote:And yes he will drop in value but I'm not sure he will drop so far. And when the DGW's arrive he will go right back up again.
A very salient point.
And even if you were able to buy him back slightly cheaper, in all likelihood you aren't ever going to sell him again this season to realise that value. Not unless he picks up a notable injury or suspension.
Last edited by maradonash on 03 Feb 2017, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

When I saw his fixtures my first urge was transfer out, but then I realised it's Sanchez and he could score in any of those games. He's also worth a lot more than when I got him in.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

math! wrote:When I saw his fixtures my first urge was transfer out, but then I realised it's Sanchez and he could score in any of those games.
Well he's not going to score in blank, blank, and Liverpool usually defend well in the games against bigger teams (conceded 1 and 1 against Chelsea, 0 and 1 against United, 0 against City and 1 against Spurs. The outlier is 3 on the opening day against Arsenal, a game where Sánchez played up front and contributed nothing).

If Arsenal beat Sutton I'll almost certainly be selling.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I have about 0.4m tied up in both. I can easily see them falling by enough such that to buy them back will only be 0.1 or 0.2m. So I'm not so concerned about the value point. I am more concerned not to waste transfers by taking one out of my team in the short term, only to bring them back in. On that basis, I think it is a question of which one you think you'd like to keep long term, if either. My initial impression is that Sanchez is more of a season-keeper. But it's a little complicated by Ibra's ridiculously good fixtures. If taking Ibra out, it will almost certainly be ahead of good fixture like WAT.

math!
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What do you plan to do with Ibra & Alexis?

Post by math! »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
math! wrote:When I saw his fixtures my first urge was transfer out, but then I realised it's Sanchez and he could score in any of those games.
Well he's not going to score in blank, blank, and Liverpool usually defend well in the games against bigger teams (conceded 1 and 1 against Chelsea, 0 and 1 against United, 0 against City and 1 against Spurs. The outlier is 3 on the opening day against Arsenal, a game where Sánchez played up front and contributed nothing).

If Arsenal beat Sutton I'll almost certainly be selling.
Not counting the blanks of course and he can be benched. You have to look at those games you mentioned. Liverpool played Chelsea early in the season before the team started playing well and the formation change. The second game it was Chelsea defending from the start (could see this repeated against L'Arse so Sanchez could be Sansgoals)and it could easily have been 2-1 if not for the pen save. Man u was an uninspired borefest, City have been going through regular blips where their team has no idea what to do. Liverpool's defence still looks very vulnerable to me even with Matip back. The Chelsea game is the real test and if Arsenal start off slow against Liverpool they could blank there too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”