To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Snodgrass

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Snodgrass

Post by Paulista »

And then where does Ayew fit in?

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Maybe Antonio drops to RB, Ayew plays the RW role he played in Swansea, Snoddy plays through the middle with Lanzini on the left and Carroll up top?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
cesc408 wrote:Where does he play? Surely Antonio is the RM/RW player or does Snodgrass go to the left?
Interesting question; maybe Antonio plays further forward. There must be a plan to play him though he's too expensive not to play.
In the hole, I would imagine, with Lanzini to his left and Antonio to his right. Stuck in the middle with [Big Andy].

As you said, they didn't sign him not to play him. He'll play an important role whatever position he plays, especially with Payet heading back to France.
I think Antonio played on the left last two games and since he had 4 assists in those two games, Bilic might want to keep him there
Snodgrass could easily start on the right, it's kind of a trend to play your left-footed players on the right and vice versa, so they can cut down the middle and smash it home with their stronger foot

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think Antonio played up front the last game, at least that's how WhoScored and Football Lineups had it. Billic seems to chop and change formation and especially Antonio's position a lot though even during the game.

andresousa12

Post by andresousa12 »

Should I swap Snodgrass now that he's not a definite starter in the next matches and that most likely will lose penalty kick responsabilities in West Ham for a player on his budget like Zaha for example (I already have Phillips)?

Let me know your thoughts

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Did he take any set pieces and do we think he is now nailed? Moving out llana for him or Antonio

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

I think he's worth keeping for now considering he does have a game in GW28.

Tonyuppstad
Wideboy

Post by Tonyuppstad »

Football Hero wrote:I think he's worth keeping for now considering he does have a game in GW28.
He is massive value for his price and west hams form. Will bring him in for gw 26

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

For me he's a watchlist job; I'd rather buy him at a value price with some performance than a bargain without.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I think I'm going to get him in this week.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

It's between him, Siggy and Antonio at the moment - definitely one place up for grabs in my midfield and quite possibly two.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:It's between him, Siggy and Antonio at the moment - definitely one place up for grabs in my midfield and quite possibly two.
For me as well.

Just brought Sigurdsson in, but Snodgrass and Antonio both get a game to fight for one spot.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:It's between him, Siggy and Antonio at the moment - definitely one place up for grabs in my midfield and quite possibly two.
For me as well.

Just brought Sigurdsson in, but Snodgrass and Antonio both get a game to fight for one spot.
I suspect I will get Siggy first. Snodgrass is probably next solely because longer-term his price fits my team better.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:Did he take any set pieces and do we think he is now nailed? Moving out llana for him or Antonio
Yes he was on corners against Southampton, although West Ham only had two all match, Snodgrass took both of them.

I don't know if he's nailed because there is competition with Lanzini and Ayew. If he starts this weekend against West Brom, then he's probably good to go for the blank weeks.

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Thinking of bringing him in for Phillips who has been nothing but a disappointment in his last four fixtures

Simenon
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC last season. Finished bottom of my private league...

Post by Simenon »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
cesc408 wrote:Where does he play? Surely Antonio is the RM/RW player or does Snodgrass go to the left?
Interesting question; maybe Antonio plays further forward. There must be a plan to play him though he's too expensive not to play.
In the hole, I would imagine, with Lanzini to his left and Antonio to his right. Stuck in the middle with [Big Andy].

As you said, they didn't sign him not to play him. He'll play an important role whatever position he plays, especially with Payet heading back to France.
Feghouli?

I'd imagine it to look like this:

Randolph; Antonio, Fonté, Reid, Cresswell; Obiang, Noble; Feghouli, Snodgrass, Lanzini; Carroll
SUBS: Adrian, Nordtveit, Kouyaté, Collins, Fletcher, Ayew, Byram

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Simenon wrote:Feghouli?

Randolph; Antonio, Fonté, Reid, Cresswell; Obiang, Noble; Feghouli, Snodgrass, Lanzini; Carroll
Byram is the only RB at the club and has played every time he has been fit this season. I imagine the first player to be dropped for Byram would be Feghouli based on current form

Kouyate is also one of the most important midfielders and is rarely every benched. Not sure who would be dropped for him though.

WHU's first team is difficult to size up right now

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

TheChairLeg wrote:
Simenon wrote:Feghouli?

Byram is the only RB at the club and has played every time he has been fit this season. I imagine the first player to be dropped for Byram would be Feghouli based on current form

Kouyate is also one of the most important midfielders and is rarely every benched. Not sure who would be dropped for him though.

Arbeloa? Although he is injured, he's probably better than Byram when fit.

If Kouyaté's coming in then it's likely be Noble dropping out.

Agreed. When they've got a fully-fit squad, you have to factor in Arbeloa, Ogbonna, Sakho, Töre and Edmilson.

I expect two from Ogbonna, Arbeloa, Collins and Nordtveit to leave in the summer.

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Simenon wrote:Arbeloa? Although he is injured, he's probably better than Byram when fit.
Ha ha, I forgot he was even at the club! I agree he probably is better than Byram when on-form. I believe his injury is quite long term and there was rumours of a falling out so I wouldn't be surprised to never see him play for them again.
Simenon wrote:If Kouyaté's coming in then it's likely be Noble dropping out.
He's definitely been one of the weakest performing midfielders this season but I don't think he will be dropped. Many West Ham fan's have been saying Noble should be replaced for years but half a dozen managers and many years later and it never happens. He's the captain and had a great game last week. I'd be shocked to see it happen any time soon.
Simenon wrote:Agreed. When they've got a fully-fit squad, you have to factor in Arbeloa, Ogbonna, Sakho, Töre and Edmilson.
Ogbonna is out for the season so as far as FPL is concerned he isn't a threat.
Edmilson Fernandes looks very promising but raw, I expect he will continue his cameos off the bench for the majority of this season.
Töre has a long-term injury and was miserably poor at the beginning of the season. I thought they would cancel his loan in the winter but that didn't seem to happen. He'll probably get a few appearances from the bench towards the tail end of the season.
Sakho could really shake things up when he comes back from injury in March. If he plays alongside Carroll that could disrupt the whole team shape and cause the likes of Snodgrass to be benched
Simenon wrote:I expect two from Ogbonna, Arbeloa, Collins and Nordtveit to leave in the summer.
I completely agree with you there

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

TheChairLeg wrote:]

I'm not sure Byram is a default pick when fit. He was pants early in the season and I think he was benched then came on and then was injured....

Kouyate has been far their best player this season (or least bad) and is guaranteed to start, imho. I would be shocked if Noble doesn't start.

Kouyate has been playing as a 3rd CB if that helps.

(I don't now how they are so high in the Division given how bad they have been.)

re Snodgrass: I guess that he has been bought to replace Payet's set-pieces, so should start.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

blahblah wrote:

I'm not sure Byram is a default pick when fit. He was pants early in the season and I think he was benched then came on and then was injured....

Kouyate has been far their best player this season (or least bad) and is guaranteed to start, imho. I would be shocked if Noble doesn't start.

(I don't now how they are so high in the Division given how bad they have been.)

re Snodgrass: I guess that he has been bought to replace Payet's set-pieces, so should start.
They've been pretty good of late - won three of their last four I think (got blitzed by Citeh though).

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

blahblah wrote:

Obiang is in good form too. He made the FPL team of the week last time round.

West Ham has a few CB options when fully fit (Ogbonna, Reid, Fonté, Kouyaté, Nordtveit, Collins and Henry); they might want to slim down this department in the summer, especially as they only have four FBs in comparison (Byram, Arbeloa, Cresswell and Masuaku) plus Nordtveit and Antonio.

I can't see Nordtveit staying for very long. He's a third-choice RB, fourth-choice CB and fourth-choice CDM. Collins or Henry might also be on the move. But, of course, they won't get rid of many players.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Neither Masuaku nor Byram look up to Premier standard and Arbeloa is way over the hill.However on his return,Kouyate filled the gap at RB and had a terrific game.
Snodgrass was praised by Bilic after his first full game.Ayew and Lanzini are likely to be on the bench,provided the new-found love for Feghouli endures.

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

Lanzini should be starting right now.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Warrant for his arrest issued in Scotland

Not sure if there's any impact to his game time

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gla ... t-39156677

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”