To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW23 Captaincy Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your captain?

Poll ended at 29 Jan 2017, 21:09

Sanchez (wat)
43%
Giroud (wat)
2%
Ozil (wat)
1%
Benteke (BOU)
No votes
Gray (lei)
No votes
Negredo (wba)
No votes
Rondon (MID)
No votes
Kane (SUN)
15%
Eriksen (SUN)
No votes
Alli (SUN)
3%
Llorente (sou)
No votes
Firmino (che)
No votes
Coutinho (che)
No votes
Lallana (che)
No votes
Hazard (LIV)
No votes
Diego Costa (LIV)
No votes
Pedro (LIV)
No votes
Alonso (LIV)
No votes
Aguero (WHU)
2%
De Bruyne (WHU)
No votes
Carroll (mci)
No votes
Ibrahimović (hul)
35%
Pogba (hul)
No votes
Mkhitaryan (hul)
No votes
Lukaku (STO)
No votes

Total votes: 116

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

GW23 Captaincy Poll

Post by Payet »

I think I will stick with Sanchez one more week.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW23 Captaincy Poll

Post by gallus »

Sanchez (c), Ibra (v)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Currently on Zlatan

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Sanchez (c)
Ibra (vc)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Payet wrote:I think I will stick with Sanchez one more week.
Just for next time, the usual convention is that (CAPS) denotes home games and (lower) denotes away. :D

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Lads, it's Sunderland.

Kane (C)
Ibrahimović (V)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sanchez is exceptionally reliable, so it's currently him. Could be swayed to Ibra later, though.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Going with Ibra this week

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

Sticking with Sanchez for the third time in a row

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

I don't have Kane :oops: so Ibra (C) and Sanchez (V). There a a lot of good candidates out there this week with good fixtures it could be a high scoring week for attackers. :? For another thread may be all out attack this week?

Arsenal4EvERr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arsenal4EvERr »

Zlatan, Kane, Aguero or Sanchez :shock:

Seems like a lottery but a good problem to have.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Sanchez

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Joccki_10 wrote:Sanchez is exceptionally reliable, so it's currently him. Could be swayed to Ibra later, though.
I'm agreeing far too much :?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Lads, it's Sunderland.

Kane (C)
Ibrahimović (V)
This!

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Alli (c)

Sunderland are making poor mistakes in defence, and I fancy a headed goal or two again.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Are many of Sunderland's AFCoN lot going to be back?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I have a feeling Hull will not be easy for Man U. Watford look an easier proposition.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Stemania wrote:
Payet wrote:I think I will stick with Sanchez one more week.
Just for next time, the usual convention is that (CAPS) denotes home games and (lower) denotes away. :D
Yep I was about to say the same - no big deal, but if we can stick to the historic convention it would be helpful, save me from keep checking at least. :)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

blahblah wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:Sanchez is exceptionally reliable, so it's currently him. Could be swayed to Ibra later, though.
I'm agreeing far too much :?

This

In the last 10 games he's got just one blank and three double figure hauls including a hatty for an average PPG of 8.9. And he's at home to Watford :roll:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I'll look at it nearer the time but it will take a lot for me not to (c) Zlatan.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I'll look at it nearer the time but it will take a lot for me not to (c) Zlatan.
I've got him as vice and for me it's one or the other. I just think Hull will be more of a handful than Watford. It's close though; Chez is more reliable but Ibra more likely to score/assist twice and the BP's that come with that but also to get nothing or less than Chez.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Pep (inability to settle on something that is universally accepted as top notch) and Sergio (square shaped shooting boots) combining to reduce the default Aguero captain choice has certainly breathed a bit of life into the weekly captaincy dilemma. This week maybe not the best example with Ibra, Sanchez and Kane all having great fixtures in themselves. However not everyone owning him for starters, plus the mistrust that has crept in, means he's getting very little mention.

Interesting to see what happens next week when he's home to Swansea. Would be a runaway 80%+ winner that usually.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

math! wrote:I have a feeling Hull will not be easy for Man U. Watford look an easier proposition.
Hull certainly held their own against Chelsea, but perhaps the awful head injury to Mason took a lot of the sting out of the game.

Ruth_NZ wrote:I'll look at it nearer the time but it will take a lot for me not to (c) Zlatan.
Is this gut feeling or do you just fancy Hull to be more open than Watford?

Hotstepper wrote:Pep (inability to settle on something that is universally accepted as top notch) and Sergio (square shaped shooting boots) combining to reduce the default Aguero captain choice has certainly breathed a bit of life into the weekly captaincy dilemma. This week maybe not the best example with Ibra, Sanchez and Kane all having great fixtures in themselves.
Yes i think you answered your own theory there with Sanchez and Ibra having a much better fixture. I'm sure most people select the premium with the best fixture.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Paulista wrote:
Is this gut feeling or do you just fancy Hull to be more open than Watford?
I don't see that much difference between Hull and Watford defensively. I don't see Hull living with United at Old Trafford; I think United will smash 4 or 5 past someone soon.

But the main reason is that I trust Zlatan much more than Sanchez when Sanchez is playing #11 as I expect he will next Tuesday.

Addition: I just checked it up - United lead the attacking stats over the last 4 weeks with 61 chances created, 79 goal attempts and 29 shots on target. Despite that they have only scored 6 goals, maybe because they have hit the woodwork 5 times in 4 games. I didn't know that before but I guess that's why I had the feeling that they are due a big win.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Wow - at the time of writing Zlatan and Alexis are perfectly split on this poll with 27 votes (37%) each.

I was leaning slightly more towards Zlatan, mostly because of this:
Ruth_NZ wrote: But the main reason is that I trust Zlatan much more than Sanchez when Sanchez is playing #11 as I expect he will next Tuesday.
... but then I had a look at their respective numbers over the past four GWs, in which I believe Sanchez played out wide (though correct me if I'm wrong):

Given the above, it looks to me like Sanchez is probably still the better choice. Especially now that he appears to be on pens, and especially given his extra point-per-goal/clean sheet. I'll mull it over with my mullet.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MPTree wrote:... but then I had a look at their respective numbers over the past four GWs, in which I believe Sanchez played out wide (though correct me if I'm wrong):

Given the above, it looks to me like Sanchez is probably still the better choice. Especially now that he appears to be on pens, and especially given his extra point-per-goal/clean sheet.
A lot of those Sanchez shots come from distance when he's #11.

I think Giroud is probably still ahead of Sanchez on penalties. He had been subbed-off on 87 minutes (so before the penalty was awarded).

Clearly a case can be made for either anyway. But I prefer Zlatan. :mrgreen:

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Ruth_NZ wrote: I don't see that much difference between Hull and Watford defensively. I don't see Hull living with United at Old Trafford; I think United will smash 4 or 5 past someone soon.
Yes, I get this feeling too, and specifically it feels like Pogba is due for a ~20 point haul. He saw so much of the ball against Stoke, he's getting in the box regularly, nailed on for 90 mins, etc. Don't think I'll have the courage to take a punt on him, though. United have had too many games this year where they should have scored 4 or 5 and only ended up with 1 or 2. Ibra feels like enough.
Ruth_NZ wrote: I think Giroud is probably still ahead of Sanchez on penalties. He had been subbed-off on 87 minutes (so before the penalty was awarded).
Ozil had also been taken off. Tough to say, really.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:I don't see that much difference between Hull and Watford defensively. I don't see Hull living with United at Old Trafford; I think United will smash 4 or 5 past someone soon.
Yes, I get this feeling too, and specifically it feels like Pogba is due for a ~20 point haul. He saw so much of the ball against Stoke, he's getting in the box regularly, nailed on for 90 mins, etc.
:idea: Now there's a thought. I have Hazard and had decided on balance to keep him, mainly because I don't see Eriksen as a surefire improvement. But I hadn't really considered Pogba until I read that.

United have HUL lei WAT next while Chelsea have liv ARS bur. A switch for those 3 games (and probably back to Hazard in GW26) could have legs. It would be for a hit though and I don't usually take hits for short-term changes. Might preserve some TV on the other hand.

The problem is United's very likely GW26 blank. Taking Pogba would give me 3 United players and I'd probably want to remove 2 of them at least. I'll need to figure out the implications of that. But thanks for the idea anyhow. :)

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I think Pogba is a great shout. His numbers are impressive and up there with the best of them for attacking involvement. I think he's under-delivered from an FPL perspective so far and wouldn't be surprised to see a haul or two soon. I've considered him myself, but I'm just not sure whose spot he'd take in midfield (and he'd probably cost a hit).

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I had considered Pogba as a punt earlier in the season but never went with it. They do have nice fixtures and Mhki was the mid I was recently planning to bring in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”