To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Best base price Evertonion?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best base price Evertonion?

Holgate
50%
Davies
50%

Total votes: 42

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Re: Best base price Evertonion?

Post by TheoRiginal »

The Username wrote:Everton went 433 today, Davies and Holgate were benched. McCarthy, Barry and Morgan, were the three behind Rom, Lookman and Barkley.

Davies, Holgate and Mirrallas came on in the second half.
For a moment I thought I had missed Leicester's captain being transferred in January . . .

[I suppose it beats trying to spell Schedirlein, erm Sheiderlein, erm Shciderline, erm...]

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

So is the formation rotation dependent on the opposition? Were Coleman and Baines still bombing forward as much as they were at 3-5-2?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Paulista wrote:So is the formation rotation dependent on the opposition? Were Coleman and Baines still bombing forward as much as they were at 3-5-2?
That and results I would think, it's Koemans way he has no fear in changing things. Holgate was poor on Weds and was benched today and he changed the formation, with Davies, Holgate and Mirralass benched from Weds for McCarthy, Barry and Lookman.

The surprise was McCarthy and Barry coming in, Gueye on the bench who has been player of the season up to now and Davis in no way deserved to be benched, that said Koeman may have thought two games in a week may have been too much for a teenager. With the depth of central midfielders now my own opinion is that 4-3-3 might be adopted. On McCarthy, he's has had an up and down relationship with Koeman, he was prepared to let him leave in the summer, he didn't, Koeman warmed to him, then got annoyed with him playing for Ireland injured. He's come back from injury and has been the best player in training the last few weeks apparently and this has caught Koemans eye again. It's been timely Newcastle really want him, Rafa has tried to sign him on several occasions since he was 16. A deal could have been done this week if they offered 21mill, they got close but didn't hit that figure, Koemans has decided to keep him in the end. I wouldn't be surprised to see a central three in midfild of McCarthy/Davies, Gueye/Barry, Schneid.

Lookman started today, the lad is a star in the making, think Sterling with a little bit more trickery, looks composed and comfortable at this level albeit some rough edges to his game. Had a good game today.

The fullbacks of course played deeper, but still got forward a lot, Bourmouth weren't great to be honest and were missing defenders, so both were up and down the flanks, Mori needs a bit more minding then Williams which frees up Coleman more in this system and I say that as a Baines owner myself.

I would highlight Ross Barkley, man of the match today, his progress since Christmas has been outstanding, he made Everton tick today, his game has become more disciplined, his decision making in creativity is excellent, his confidence is blooming, but importantly his stamina, pressing and tackling have come on. He's becoming a really complete player of very high quality which I expect will make him a really good FPL asset, keep an eye on him lads.
Last edited by The Username on 05 Feb 2017, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

TheoRiginal wrote:[I suppose it beats trying to spell Schedirlein, erm Sheiderlein, erm Shciderline, erm...]
you might know, Schneider means Taylor in german (from Schneiden, to cut)
Schneiderlin it's almost like Schneiderlein, little Taylor, you might say Taylorlet ;)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Username wrote:Everton went 433 today, Davies and Holgate were benched. McCarthy, Barry and Morgan, were the three behind Rom, Lookman and Barkley.

Davies, Holgate and Mirrallas came on in the second half.
I am coming to the conclusion that Koeman is a very clever manager. Most others would have loaned Lookman back to Charlton as they wanted. But Koeman is blending him in without anyone noticing. He's very good at bringing younger players through, did it at Southampton as well.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Very encouraging to hear the Barkley opinion. I was starting to worry about him before this week. Obviously one swift doesn't make a summer, which is why I value the eye test from the fans :)

If Everton stick to 4-3-3 then maybe I don't regret having him over an Everton defender.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

In summary: thanks The Username :)

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

BobMem wrote:In summary: thanks The Username :)
Indeed, many thanks.

Simenon
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC last season. Finished bottom of my private league...

Post by Simenon »

Maybe Spurs could go for Ben Davies of Spurs? He can play in a back 3 and Rose is obviously nailed.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Shipped out Holgate today (to allow space for Barkley) and think both will now continue to rack up appearances off the bench rather than start.

Neither look like good FPL value for the minute.

3 conceded, 2 of which after McCarthy was taken off - may mean nothing but would lean towards him playing full matches once he's back up to fitness.
Holgate brought on to shut up shop and we conceded again anyways...

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Id actually hang on with a mass exodus on Davies and Holgate until the press confrence tomorrow, i have a sense McCarthy may have done his hamstring and who knows what that may do to the line up.

Davies and Holgate could come back in, equally though so could Idrissa.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

He's not base price, but at 5.4 I reckon Lookman is a good shout for outscoring all the other mids (except prob Barkley) over the rest of the season.

Yeah, its not much use for FPL, but best squad we've had for as long as I can remember.
Short of a striker, but the mid/def have plenty of options for once that would genuinely walk into a lot of sides' starting XI.

I've gone with Baines, Barkley & Lukaku purely because they're as close to guaranteed as we've got.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

So Davies and Gueye came in yesterday for McCarthy (hamstring injury) and Barry, Mirrallas also carrying an injury presently.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The Username wrote:Mirrallas also carrying an injury presently.
So Lookman not set for the season?

Or is 4-2-3-1 an option, with Davies dropping out?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”