To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ake

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Re: Ake

Post by Weisenwolf »

Scottoffee wrote:Yeah, unless I hear that Ibra's out I'll be going for a Chelsea block this GW.

Azpi, Courtois & Ake (Hazard too)

If Ake doesnt start he's more than likely not to come on, so Baines/Valencia will come in (undecided as to who to play)
Nice defence.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Weisenwolf wrote:I'm going to hold and put him D3 although I don't really have much choice this week.

If he does play there will be a mass KJ to get him in and his value will soar and I can get off at a profit later. If he doesn't he'll probably have to go as the KJ will be in the opposite direction; holding another week won't be practical.
I'm starting him too. It's a low risk, high reward move.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, I thought we had cleared up the Hold point, above.

Not that I have him :?

BobbyD.
FISOhead
FS Record: 455th in 2014

Post by BobbyD. »

blahblah wrote:Did Ake play against both? I remember the play him, or we'll have him back thing. Then they played him and Chelsea still called him back....

Luiz (I assume that is the Dave you mean when most here mean Azpi) has been good this season? Him organising the other 2 has occupied his mind and helped his concentration so NO mistakes?

I think you are underestimating the work Conte must do on the Training Ground, and his willingness to play players.....
Dave, bus driver.... of course I mean Azpi :). It's logical, ain't it? :). I meant his new position as RCB now and being somehow the driver of the (ex-Mourinho) bus this time (not) parked on hand brake.

Yes, Ake played against both. Scored a goal against Liverpool which turned the game completely. I still think Conte's decision is a bit knee-jerk (he'd make lovely FPL manager) considering Zouma is recovering, John Terry is there (ha-ha-ha - no, seriously), Ivanovic is still not old enough not to push a few games till the end of the season.

Anyways, I got both Alonso and Ake. Will keep'em both for next round but Ake will be first sub to cover if Alonso doesn't play. Then depending on the outcome I will decide what to do in near future.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Not looking good for this week anyway:

Conte on Ake: "It's important for him to have a bit of time to adapt to our idea of football." Suggestion is Leicester will be too soon #cfc

https://twitter.com/liam_twomey/status/ ... 1323377664

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Terry Henry wrote:Not looking good for this week anyway:

Conte on Ake: "It's important for him to have a bit of time to adapt to our idea of football." Suggestion is Leicester will be too soon #cfc

But can't only 'adapt' by getting game time?

Sub appearance maybe

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:

Sub appearance maybe
Can't he adapt in training?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: RE: Re: Ake

Post by math! »

hancockjr wrote:
Multiple Scorgasms wrote:

Sub appearance maybe
Can't he adapt in training?
Yea and Conte will probably wait before playing him.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Aar0n_28 wrote:The comments are interesting. Many Chelsea fans are calling for Alonso to be dropped in favour of Ake. Has he really been that poor?!
blahblah wrote:Alonso has been a wastrel going forward and should have a load of Assists points by now. Aren't Chelsea after a LWB?
I might as well offer what I know here. And I will write from a purely football perspective (not FPL).

First of all, no, Alonso has not been poor, he has been very good. He creates many chances, it's just that few have been converted and that is down to happenstance rather than poor crossing for example. His finishing has been a bit below par so far but to be fair it's a small sample size, wing-backs don't generally get that many clear chances in a game. His energy is good and his defensive work has been pretty solid as well. I have heard little or no criticism of him from Chelsea fans, quite the reverse in actual fact.

Some have blamed him for the Spurs goals 5 days ago because the crosses came from his side. But that's wrong, he was doing his job in covering Walker (who was very advanced) and preventing him from crossing or getting to the byline. Both times the ball was turned back and a little inside for Eriksen who had drifted very wide (in what was probably a prepared tactic). Eriksen should probably have been picked up by Hazard in that position, otherwise by Matic. Neither happened. Cahill also made the same mistake twice in being drawn to the ball, meaning Luiz pulled more central. That left space for Alli to get between Azpi and Moses (neither are tall) at the far post. As I say, a prepared tactic I think and very well executed.

Anyway, no, Alonso has not been poor and to the best of my knowledge there has been no talk of him as a weak link. I think people should remember that this is a team that has won 13 out of 14 games, is 5 points clear and kept 10 clean sheets in those 13 wins. Even the Spurs game was very even. Chelsea could just as well have drawn or won (which isn't to say the win was undeserved by Spurs). Anyway, there is no sense in which Conte or anyone else is worried about the quality of the 1st team, why would there be? And Conte does not like rotation, his history shows he likes a settled team, very much the opposite of Guardiola.

What there is a concern about is cover in the case of injuries and/or suspensions and that's where Aké comes in.

Aké has been at Chelsea since age 15 and was part of a youth setup that has carried all before it in recent years, winning multiple age-group trophies at national and European level. Aké captained many of those teams. He also had a great career at youth level for Holland, also often as captain. In terms of position, he came to Chelsea as a defender and was mainly used as a LB for Chelsea youth and for Holland youth, mainly because Chelsea felt he lacked height to play CB (he is under 6' 0"). Personally he prefers DM and most or all of his appearances for the Chelsea 1st team have been as CM/DM. Lately he has played there for Holland U21 as well. He was exclusively used as a LB by Watford last season; Bournemouth have used him as a CB.

Aké was always seen as one of the likeliest to emerge through the youth ranks into the 1st team full squad (and eventually the team) and it was planned for him to be given a full squad role next season after 2 seasons gaining experience on loan. However the departure of Oscar and Mikel meant that additional CM cover was needed and that, coupled with the fact that Aké can cover LCB and (possibly) LWB as well, meant that a squad slot opened up 6 months earlier than planned. Chelsea are keen to transition their terrific crop of youth team players now entering the 19-22 age group into the first team squad - at least those that are good enough to make it. By bringing Aké back now they save themselves from needing to buy cover for those 3 positions and thus blocking the route for the likes of Aké, Christensen and RLC (who may now get a loan till the end of season to gain some more 1st team experience).

So, who does Aké's return threaten in the Chelsea 1st team? No-one. He is there as a squad member and to provide cover. If injuries intervene he may start games. If that happens and he plays very well (as happened at Bournemouth) he might keep his place. But right now? No. FA Cup starts, off the bench in the PL I imagine.

Chelsea have been linked with a few players and one that is often mentioned on the Chelsea grapevine is Michail Antonio. He's a Londoner and would help with the "homegrown (association trained)" contingent, especially for the UEFA CL next season. He is seen as a potential improvement on Moses - taller and better defensively. But personally I don't see that happening before the summer, I think West Ham would be very unlikely to sell him now.
Late reply, but thanks for the detailed insight, Ruth. I decided to lose Alonso with my WC given the injury management issue that's come to light. I also decided not to take Ake after Conte's comments.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Not made their matchday squad.

Will now get rid and have 2 frees so no biggie.

Positive note - Valencia will come one and I kept Carroll rather that take a hit and dump Ake so all good there.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Aar0n_28 wrote:
Late reply, but thanks for the detailed insight, Ruth. I decided to lose Alonso with my WC given the injury management issue that's come to light. I also decided not to take Ake after Conte's comments.
Ouch. :shock:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'm keeping for another week

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

gallus wrote:I'm keeping for another week
same here, then most likely a swap to Yoshida

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's dropped in price and is on route to another drop.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Weisenwolf wrote:He's dropped in price and is on route to another drop.
oh eff that. I don't want to take another hit to protect his price

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

I've a bit of a defensive issue. My defenders at the moment are Vertonghen, Alonso, Ake, Evans and Amat.

Vertonghen is doubtful, Evans is back next week. Ake looks like being bench fodder and Amat already is bench fodde.

Holgates price is rising, is he a likely starter - doesn't look like it to me. Next best Ake replacement seems like it could be Yoshida. Any other suggestions?

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Adelante wrote:I've a bit of a defensive issue. My defenders at the moment are Vertonghen, Alonso, Ake, Evans and Amat.

Vertonghen is doubtful, Evans is back next week. Ake looks like being bench fodder and Amat already is bench fodde.

Holgates price is rising, is he a likely starter - doesn't look like it to me. Next best Ake replacement seems like it could be Yoshida. Any other suggestions?
I've got the same defence (bar Evans, got Chambers). I'm currently torn between Yoshida and Funes Mori as Ake's replacement. Vertonghen takes priority over Ake for me though.

Shawshank
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shawshank »

Adelante wrote:I've a bit of a defensive issue. My defenders at the moment are Vertonghen, Alonso, Ake, Evans and Amat.

Vertonghen's injury looks serious so that would be the priority for me. I would avoid Yoshida, he will probably play the next 2 but after that either Fonte comes back into the side or he is sold and a replacement is bought. In both cases Yoshida goes back to the bench, and with the fixture list clearing up Puel's rotation should come to an end

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

How nailed is Yoshida? 4.2 for a Soton defender is amazing value

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Depends on the VVD and Fonte situation I guess - and I'm not sure how their defence would fair without one or both of them....

Simenon
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC last season. Finished bottom of my private league...

Post by Simenon »

blahblah wrote:Depends on the VVD and Fonte situation I guess - and I'm not sure how their defence would fair without one or both of them....
Yoshida's probably nailed until the end of January - and deadline day - at least.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Holgate looks like a starter right now ...Jagielka has been bombed out ...how long for ? thats a nother question

certainly looks like Everton will be playing 3 at the back with baines and Coleman as wing backs

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Best replacement for 4.6?

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

snakzz wrote:Best replacement for 4.6?
Go for Chambers or Yoshida.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Simenon wrote:
Would rather have funes mori or holgate over yoshida?

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
If you like! Yoshida's only 4.2, however.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Simenon wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
Wont fonte come back or they will get an replacement?

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
I'd imagine that Yoshida's pretty nailed for now.

Chambers is pretty good ATM. Do you already have any Everton defenders?

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Simenon wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:

No but getting baines next gw.

Simenon
Treebeard

Post by Simenon »

snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:
snakzz wrote:
Simenon wrote:

No but getting baines next gw.
If you're getting Baines, it might be wise to forgo other Evertonians.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”