To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ake

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Ake

Post by gallus »

Antonio can't defend. He's a winger, and Chelsea have enough of those.

On Ake: I want to keep him for a couple of games to see if he starts, but in whose place? Cahill, Alonso and Matic are the ones I can think of, and they're all better than him.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

I have a sneaking suspicion that Conte might be thinking of Ake as cover for the aging and unreliable David Luiz, since none of his other options are middle-of-three centre backs that can actually pass the ball forwards constructively; Ake's versatile talents might do the job adequately now at a pinch, and could certainly be developed.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Would it really be mad to see Ake take Moses or Alonso place, he has better attacking stats then both per game and and offers better tactical flexibility.

Simenon
Treebeard
FS Record: TFC last season. Finished bottom of my private league...

Post by Simenon »

cesc408 wrote:
Simenon wrote:
blahblah wrote:He used to be really good?

SSN seemed rather confident, as opposed to the rather random Ratkatic to Citeh.

If half of the deals they have mentioned in the last 5 mins happen it is going to be a crazy January (Eto'o to Hull ffs)
Llorente did play for Conte once at Juventus, but he faded away rather quickly.

Eto'o to Hull would be great! He is a free agent, after all.

With regard to City, someone that hasn't been mentioned much this season is Nolito. I tend to think that Batshuayi would be better suited to City, and that Nolito would be better suited to Chelsea. Nolito would slot well into that 3-4-3 formation on the left of the front 3, while Batshuayi would be working with KDB at City and would take some of the weight off Aguero who hasn't been performing well. Then there's also Ikea Nachos, who they can loan out to a relegation-battling team to give him experience.
If Nolito was at Chelsea LF, in Hazards position, I'm assuming you would move Hazard to the RF position and not elsewhere or on the bench?
If that's the case I think that's harsh on Willian and Pedro who have done well and been scoring/assisting which ever has been seected. If he was at Chelsea I don't think he would get selected ahead of anybody in the current front 3. Not exactly been brilliant when selected for City, and can't really break into that team.

On the Bats, Would he get more time at City then at Chelsea, Maybe but the competition is still as strong with Aguero, Nacho, Sterling and now the new boy Jesus. Not really getting a look in at Chelsea just yet with Diego in great form.
I think that Nolito would be suited to Chelsea's system. However, even then I don't think that he'd make the first XI. Pedro has been great this season, and I wouldn't drop Hazard either.

As for Batshuayi, I'm suggesting that either he or Ikea would get loaned out. Jesus and Sterling are wingers, whilst I see Batshuayi more as a central striker.

finnbogason
Cheetah
FS Record: nothing of note

Post by finnbogason »

The Username wrote:Would it really be mad to see Ake take Moses or Alonso place, he has better attacking stats then both per game and and offers better tactical flexibility.
It would take time. He is a good defender, maybe Moses is more vulnerable...Chelsea has been linked with Hector and Antonio - I think Hector would be a great buy for them.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Re: RE: Re: Ake

Post by DonTanTilla »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
blahblah wrote:Why does Llorente make Antonio more likely? (Antonio is actually quite pants with the ball on the ground, btw.)
I guess because West Ham want Batshuayi on loan. If Chelsea signed Llorente they could possibly make a Batshuayi loan part of an Antonio deal, either now or in the summer.

BINGO

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Covering most of the above:

But Butshy (But is French for goal?) was, allegedly part of the Swansea deal. Admittedly there could be some brother confusion going on as he has a younger brother playing up front somewhere in France - but a COMPLETELY different name.

Yep to Gallus, Antonio is no RWB: and I don't rate him on the deck elsewhere - for a club of Chelsea's stature\aspirations.

Yep to Conte and why he likes the idea of Llorente. they know each other and Conte has expectations of what he is getting.

re Ake: as before I rate him, and that's from some Youth type matches from a while back that was on TV. I would have thought LCB wold be his prime spot, maybe Cahill moving to the right, or being dropped - but the wildcard is Zouma. I can't say that I think Dave is a natural RCB....

Now the controversial bit: I don't think the Chelsea defence is that good. Conte has them well drilled and well organised (not the same thing, as they could be well drilled in a badly organised way). I don't know how many will be regulars next season, but I very much doubt that it will be Moses, Dave, Luiz, Cahill, Alonso.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

blahblah wrote: Now the controversial bit: I don't think the Chelsea defence is that good. Conte has them well drilled and well organised (not the same thing, as they could be well drilled in a badly organised way). I don't know how many will be regulars next season, but I very much doubt that it will be Moses, Dave, Luiz, Cahill, Alonso.
Cahill is the weak link. But he's captain on the pitch, and English, and I think Conte appreciates having him there for what he provides from that point of view. Dave and Luiz are excellent - not much room for improvement there. If we continue to play three at the back, then Zouma and Ake are vital to provide competition for those three places. A lot of Chelsea fans would like to see Christensen return to the club next season. I think changes to the defence may be more evolution than revolution.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep to evolution, which is why I say next season, not this month.....

Do you lot have trouble with "English*" players?

I mean the qualification thing.....

BobbyD.
FISOhead
FS Record: 455th in 2014

Post by BobbyD. »

Well, it was not long ago when Chelsea's defence needed a bus driver, so now they got Dave :).

I think it's not a good decision by Conte recalling Ake. It is in his best interest Bournemouth to be stronger and steal points from big guns (remember Pool and Arsenal?). Ake played significant part. Now they will be a less stronger team. Chelsea would have the advantage as Ake can't play against them. Also as mentioned above, Ake will get more game experience on the pitch as opposed to being stuck on the bench and play in trashy cup games. I will accept I'm wrong if Ake plays bigger part in Chelsea but to be honest can't see that happening.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Did Ake play against both? I remember the play him, or we'll have him back thing. Then they played him and Chelsea still called him back....

Luiz (I assume that is the Dave you mean when most here mean Azpi) has been good this season? Him organising the other 2 has occupied his mind and helped his concentration so NO mistakes?

I think you are underestimating the work Conte must do on the Training Ground, and his willingness to play players.....

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

If true, a plot thickener. If I had him, it would be a hold, but not sure about a buy.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Was reading this on the train today and came here to see if anyone had mentioned it yet. I'm seriously considering a move from Alonso to Bellerin now, even if it is for -4.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

BobMem wrote:
Was reading this on the train today and came here to see if anyone had mentioned it yet. I'm seriously considering a move from Alonso to Bellerin now, even if it is for -4.
Same here but aint bellerin injured?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Or just an excuse to rest him, not Monreal?

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Bellerin is twice the player Monreal is.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well we know the FPL flagging system doesn't work.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

For me, the Ake Question is: if you have him, do you start him?

I don;t have the spare transfers to worry about brining him in this GW.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

blahblah wrote:Yep to evolution, which is why I say next season, not this month.....

Do you lot have trouble with "English*" players?

I mean the qualification thing.....
Do you mean homegrown players? Well, Fabregas counts as one, so that's how strict that rule is to get around!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Surely anyone from the EU counts; wouldn't be legal otherwise.....

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Weisenwolf wrote:Surely anyone from the EU counts; wouldn't be legal otherwise.....
They don't.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Surely anyone from the EU counts; wouldn't be legal otherwise.....
They don't.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

TheoRiginal wrote:Alonso reminds me of Moreno.

'Nuff said?
I think Alonso is much better than Moreno. A lot of the antagonism towards him seems to be because, from an FPL point of view, he has somewhat disappointed so far. Some of his finishing has been wayward (as I recall he missed an absolute sitter against Spurs at the Bridge), and he is very quick to have a pop at goal, sometimes when a pass may be better. However, his final delivery has generally been good. Better finishing from his intended targets and he would have more assists. He got a bit of grief from Chelsea fans after the recent Spurs game. But I think it is far too soon to write him off. Remember, he has not only been a part of - but a key part of - the 13 game winning streak. Wing backs don't grow on trees. Subject to the injury rumours, I think he will continue to be our first choice LWB. And yes, occasionally there will be groans when he skies it over the bar from 25 yards instead of playing in Costa. But I think if you look back to the beginning of the season, he's arguably way ahead of where we thought he would be in terms of fitting in.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

eastcentral1 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
They don't.

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136
Yep. And for UEFA it's the same except they make a distinction between 36 months at that specific club (homegrown) and 36 months at any club affiliated to the national FA (association trained). Last time I looked the 25-man UEFA squad had to include 8 homegrown players, 4 of which could be association trained. Or be smaller than 25. Only 17 'foreign' players over the age of 21 in other words.
eastcentral1 wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:Alonso reminds me of Moreno. 'Nuff said?
I think Alonso is much better than Moreno. A lot of the antagonism towards him seems to be because, from an FPL point of view, he has somewhat disappointed so far. Some of his finishing has been wayward (as I recall he missed an absolute sitter against Spurs at the Bridge), and he is very quick to have a pop at goal, sometimes when a pass may be better. However, his final delivery has generally been good. Better finishing from his intended targets and he would have more assists. He got a bit of grief from Chelsea fans after the recent Spurs game. But I think it is far too soon to write him off. Remember, he has not only been a part of - but a key part of - the 13 game winning streak. Wing backs don't grow on trees. Subject to the injury rumours, I think he will continue to be our first choice LWB. And yes, occasionally there will be groans when he skies it over the bar from 25 yards instead of playing in Costa. But I think if you look back to the beginning of the season, he's arguably way ahead of where we thought he would be in terms of fitting in.
I agree. Alonso is rated among the top 5 fullbacks/wingbacks in Europe this season by CIES. Which suggests he's not been at all as bad as some above have suggested. Personally I think he has done a very good job so far, as I said earlier.

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG ... 16/171/en/

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Right guy's there is slot of chat about not much, let's get to the nitty gritty. If you have Already ( which I do) do you keep or sell. Are we thinking he will really get his game in this Chelsea team?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

pdhmobile wrote:Right guy's there is slot of chat about not much, let's get to the nitty gritty. If you have Already ( which I do) do you keep or sell. Are we thinking he will really get his game in this Chelsea team?
Keep. If he starts you'll be kicking yourself if you sell. If he's benched just sell him after the game (though I'd actually advise holding for two games just to make sure).

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

I think it is a wait and see for a week, I think you have to have players that are 100% guaranteed to play if they are fit. No point Ake playing every 3rd or 4th game and getting 6 points for a clean sheet, I'd be looking to bring in one of the Boro lads if I had to exchange for an equal price. However I might end up downgrading Koscielny to Baines and using the extra money to upgrade Ake

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I'm going to hold and put him D3 although I don't really have much choice this week.

If he does play there will be a mass KJ to get him in and his value will soar and I can get off at a profit later. If he doesn't he'll probably have to go as the KJ will be in the opposite direction; holding another week won't be practical.

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Yeah, unless I hear that Ibra's out I'll be going for a Chelsea block this GW.

Azpi, Courtois & Ake (Hazard too)

If Ake doesnt start he's more than likely not to come on, so Baines/Valencia will come in (undecided as to who to play)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”