To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Azpilicueta v Marcos Alonso

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

better buy Azpilicueta v Marcos Alonso

Azpilicueta
25%
Alonso
75%

Total votes: 52

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: Azpilicueta v Marcos Alonso

Post by MoSe »

dunno whether this topic heavily influenced Fiso managers, or if simply they know better in the first place....

building up tonite's game preview for the Divisionals sidegame, viewtopic.php?p=2999418#p2999418
I found out that
54/136 teams will field Alonso tonite (including those who benched him because of the flag but will sub him on anyway in place of the likes of Dann or Amat)
18/136 teams will field Azpi
And I even overlooked in my preview a few Alonsos still on bench who won't come in (FPL-wise)

that's a 3 to 1 ratio :o

checking for instance http://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/fpl_statistics/
even filtering out "inactive" teams, Azpi is widely ahead, edging it out in the Top 1k too
Azpi 25.5% (Top 1k 29.4%)
MAlo 14.9% (Top 1k 27.1%)

from FPLD https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... CFIAz0oHVo
Top 10k
Azpi 2695 (2360 starting, 335 bench)
MAlo 2644 (2214 starting, 430 bench)

Active teams
Azpi 26.43% (24.8% starting, 1.6% bench)
MAlo 15.82% (13.97% starting, 1.86% bench)

FFFix inactive definition might differ from FPLD one

Shevchenko
Wideboy

Post by Shevchenko »

Maybe there is because Alonso pops up in FISO (not only in this thread) quite early and cheaper (5,9m), so everyone tends to have him first and feels like switching to Azpi quite sideways. Azpi wildly ahead out there because knee-jerkers didnt read FISO

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Plus you have to factor in that Alonso only really joined the game in GW7, October 15th, the week after the 0-3 to Arsenal which prompted Conte to change formation, by which time Azpi would have already had a more than 10% ownership head start on Alonso.

And semi related to the head-start, Azpi as far as I know has always been ahead of Alonso in the total points box, which of course is the first thing everyone looks for when making a transfer.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Alonso having a shocker tonight

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Billy Bongo wrote:Alonso having a shocker tonight
Not as bad as Victim Moses though.

If Azpi gets moved to RM (with Zouma in the back three) to replace him and give better defensive cover (than Willian, say) that would obviously change the balance of the decision.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Subbed in disgrace

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Hazard should have scored for an Alonso assist. Alonso really does like to get forward. Hull should be attractive.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Yep, and after that, he's gone for a Spurs defender.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Right, let's revisit this. I politely suggested Alonso cost a lot of money and his attacking output was not there, I was told I was giving bad advice for daring to suggest you could look elsewhere, but let's forgive and forget.

Alonso has been poor last two games, and was rightly subbed early, now Ake is being dragged back, coincidence?

There's even a post suggesting anyone picking Azpil over Alonso needs their head examined.

Let's keep it sensible, are all the Alonso owners still convinced that at 6m+ you can get value now?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ake :wink:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He can cover several positions we will wait and see where he ends up

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

The Ake news doesn't really bother me as an Alonso owner. Most Chelsea players were poor vs Spurs but let's not forget Chelsea won 13 in a row so I'm not expecting drastic change to the starting 11.

Maybe they recalled him as he has done well on loan, he is the future that they want to bed into this group of players ready for next season and Conte feels he is better cover then Ivanovic and Terry, and more of a threat for Cahill who gets exposed at times when wide.

Should Alonso drop out for a game then I would have an issue.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

IMHO Azpilicueta is the best right back, the best left back and might be the best tackling / stopper centre back of 3 Chelsea has (because Terry is old) . That might or might not be of significance.

I think Ake is of most threat to Moses. Who was the worst of all Chelsea defenders against Spurs. Ake is another short-ish tackling central defender in the Azpilicueta in CD mode. Azpilicueta then moves to his best position as right full back. What do you say, Chelsea fans?

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

More like wing back, but you got my point.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I didn't think moses was worse than alonso

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

baganboy wrote: I think Ake is of most threat to Moses. Who was the worst of all Chelsea defenders against Spurs. Ake is another short-ish tackling central defender in the Azpilicueta in CD mode. Azpilicueta then moves to his best position as right full back.
Personally I don't think Azpili would be anywhere near as effective a player if at wing back - attacking isn't really his game. Besides, surely Zouma is ahead of Ake in the pecking order?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

At £5.3M Zouma is certainly on my watchlist.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

So Alli scored twice, rising to score headers over the weak in the air Azpilicueta, then Aké gets recalled. I think Baganboy might be right, that Azpi gets moved out wide, but there is also the chance that he is the one for the drop.

Personally I have had Cahill from fairly early on, and have been quite pleased, as he seems secure as captain, a goal threat from set pieces, and is doing quite well in the bonus much like Azpi.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol, someone thinks Azpil will get dropped before Cahill or Alonso!!?? What drugs are they on, Azpil has been immense and with Luis first on the team sheet

Wishful Cahill and Alonso owners on the beers early

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:So Alli scored twice, rising to score headers over the weak in the air Azpilicueta, then Aké gets recalled.
Ake was waving goodbye to the Bournemouth supporters after the Arsenal game on 3rd January, whilst Alli scored those headers on 4th January, so likely no relevance.

Maybe the two goals conceded by Chelsea at home to Stoke triggered something towards the recall.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Billy Bongo wrote:Wishful Cahill and Alonso owners on the beers early
Well I'm abroad at the moment and we're ahead of GMT. :lol:

Good point Paulista, and I do think Azpi has put in a lot of good performances, however his weakness in the air was completely exposed by Spurs.

As I said perhaps Azpi will be shoved wide. I didn't say he would be dropped, I entertained the possibility.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Conte on Ake: "It's important for him to have a bit of time to adapt to our idea of football." So that's Ake not starting for a while

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

yttod1010 wrote:Conte on Ake: "It's important for him to have a bit of time to adapt to our idea of football." So that's Ake not starting for a while
you read it there first ;)
viewtopic.php?p=3001554#p3001554
MoSe on 10 Jan 2017 wrote:I figure he'd want to have him training midweek with the team first, at least 2 or 3 weeks long, if not 1 month or two, before actually using him

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

MoSe wrote:
yttod1010 wrote:Conte on Ake: "It's important for him to have a bit of time to adapt to our idea of football." So that's Ake not starting for a while
you read it there first ;)
viewtopic.php?p=3001554#p3001554
MoSe on 10 Jan 2017 wrote:I figure he'd want to have him training midweek with the team first, at least 2 or 3 weeks long, if not 1 month or two, before actually using him
Next transfer Ake out lol

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Conte also said of Ake:

"Ake is a really good example. He is a good player, very young but with a good personality. He can play as a central defender, in the middle or on the left, he could play as a wing-back;" "In these days [of training] I tried him as a central defender,"

which very much suggests to me that it's Cahill(/Alonso) most at risk should Ake actually get a game. Unless Cahill moves to RCB and Azpili to RWB, but it would be pretty odd for Conte to change the roles of 3 of his settled back 5 in one go. Luiz pretty much a definite starter I think we all think.

There's also an interview with Zouma (who returned from injury in the FA Cup last week) going around where he said of Conte:

“He talked to me like everybody. He said when you're back, I'll want you to play. When you know you have the trust from the manager, it's good,”

Perhaps that's the sort of thing any manager would say to any injured player, but there does seem a bit of uncertainty about the whole defence atm. Probably enough for any of them to be hold but not buy imo, if the price difference to cheaper players with good upcoming prospects (like, say, Baines) wasn't already enough for that to be the case - and for me it was. :D

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Billy Bongo wrote:Right, let's revisit this.[/b] I politely suggested Alonso cost a lot of money and his attacking output was not there, I was told I was giving bad advice for daring to suggest you could look elsewhere, but let's forgive and forget.

Alonso has been poor last two games, and was rightly subbed early, now Ake is being dragged back, coincidence?

There's even a post suggesting anyone picking Azpil over Alonso needs their head examined.

Let's keep it sensible, are all the Alonso owners still convinced that at 6m+ you can get value now?

Right, let's revisit this.

Alonso finally gets some of the attacking returns he's been threatening for weeks. I don't think anybody said he's essential, certainly I didn't, nor criticised anyone for having Rose, Brunt etc over him. All are good choices.

Mine was the post about Azpilicueta v Alsonso. Azpi had more points overall and had just outscored Alonso 12-6 in a match. They were the same price. I said anyone picking Azpi over Alonso at that point in time was a classic mug manager and I stick by that.

Azpi may heavily outscore Alonso next week but barring injury I think it's near certain Alonso will score more than Azpi between the point I made the post and end of season. So lets keep the discussion sensible and not a week by week crowing contest.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Oh you poor Billy :lol:

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Yawn.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Valeron wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:Right, let's revisit this.[/b] I politely suggested Alonso cost a lot of money and his attacking output was not there, I was told I was giving bad advice for daring to suggest you could look elsewhere, but let's forgive and forget.

Right, let's revisit this.

Alonso finally gets some of the attacking returns he's been threatening for weeks. I don't think anybody said he's essential, certainly I didn't, nor criticised anyone for having Rose, Brunt etc over him. All are good choices.

Mine was the post about Azpilicueta v Alsonso. Azpi had more points overall and had just outscored Alonso 12-6 in a match. They were the same price. I said anyone picking Azpi over Alonso at that point in time was a classic mug manager and I stick by that.

Azpi may heavily outscore Alonso next week but barring injury I think it's near certain Alonso will score more than Azpi between the point I made the post and end of season. So lets keep the discussion sensible and not a week by week crowing contest.

I got Alonso in weeks ago, I've always known that he was the best defender option in the league and I completely agree with you; and he is even the top scoring FPL defender now and will remain that way for sure. Alonso will be the highest scoring FPL defender this season if he doesn't get injured.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

I think I actually read a comment where someone was saying that the ship had sailed now on Azpi and Alonso as they had gone up in price from 6.0 to 6.4ish at the time. Surely you aren't priced out from a gem like Alonso if he only goes up a few 0.1's, that's madness. I would pay 8.0M for Alonso right now and be happy about it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”