To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Azpilicueta v Marcos Alonso

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

better buy Azpilicueta v Marcos Alonso

Azpilicueta
25%
Alonso
75%

Total votes: 52

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Azpilicueta v Marcos Alonso

Post by Football Hero »

Mav3rick wrote:
gallus wrote:I just think we have to be careful with these rumors. Until he actually misses a game he has to be considered healthy.
Yeah absolutely I think it's true that we have to be wary of this "injury" rumour, I wouldn't sell on the the strength of it alone, but there are other choices. Someone like Baines (playing wing back today I believe) is a million cheaper and has pens and open play threat in that position to match Alonso, he also has a great fixture run.

There's no player who is essential, or immune from being sold, and this is especially true in defence. I just think a lot of excitement has crept in with the scores this week and we all (owners or non-owners alike) need to assess things in a slightly colder way.
Alonso has always been threatening a haul like this, and he even could have had a hat-trick yesterday. I remember in the Palace away game just before Christmas he had a lot of open play shots and also hit the bar from a free kick, so he was unlucky not to get 15 or 21 points that day too.

I've got Baines too, and he's been in my team for a few weeks as well.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Baines would still be my pick right now tbh. Since returning to fitness I think he's only 13 or so points behind Alonso (despite the 21 this week and Baines playing a game less), which for 1m less seems pretty good actually. And a great fixture run to come, and on pens, and possibly wing back, and on some freekicks/corners. :D

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Stemania wrote:Baines would still be my pick right now tbh. Since returning to fitness I think he's only 13 or so points behind Alonso (despite the 21 this week and Baines playing a game less), which for 1m less seems pretty good actually. And a great fixture run to come, and on pens, and possibly wing back, and on some freekicks/corners. :D
That's why I have both 8-)

Sacrifices have to be made to make it possible, like a 4th mid under 6.0 and no Aguero, but if they can give me 5.5ppg from a defender spot I think it'll be worth it.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:No... not selling... considering selling. Is there really that much controversy in being open to options, the forum has gone mad this week :lol:
If you consider selling Alonso now before HUL (H), you are a mug. It's as simple as that.

He is a Chelsea midfielder who happens to be classified as a defender and plays the most delicious fixture in the league. Anyone who considers selling him now is a mug.

I'm open to consider different options after GW22, but even then he has just two difficult fixtures and then a delicious run again. Very unlikely I will sell. He is pretty much a season keeper for me.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:Baines would still be my pick right now tbh. Since returning to fitness I think he's only 13 or so points behind Alonso (despite the 21 this week and Baines playing a game less), which for 1m less seems pretty good actually. And a great fixture run to come, and on pens, and possibly wing back, and on some freekicks/corners. :D
I think 1m gap is very justified. Alonso has a better attacking threat and plays for a better defence - to put it simply, he is expected to score better than Baines.

I'm not sure why people keep repeating this "disclaimer" about "despite scoring 21 this week" as if we all should write-off that haul. I really have no idea why. He is a Chelsea midfielder who is classified as a defender. You should expect some odd massive hauls during a long run.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Finisher1 wrote:I'm not sure why people keep repeating this "disclaimer" about "despite scoring 21 this week" as if we all should write-off that haul. I really have no idea why. He is a Chelsea midfielder who is classified as a defender. You should expect some odd massive hauls during a long run.
While the two goals were a surprise at the time, the signs were there throughout the season. He's been wandering freely into shooting positions and having shots, he just wasn't being accurate enough. He's often camped up in the left wing area (I really should check heat maps to be sure) and quite regularly only has to jog/walk back to his starting position when the opposition have the ball. He is a wing back so he is a hybrid mid/def. He just happens to be in a dominant team so it becomes less defend and more attack.

This of course was the arguement from the start in the A v A debate; do you want regular consistent BP or someone who gets hauls sometimes? I mentioned before that he had been outscoring Azpilicueta. Yea the 21 points shouldn't be written off because he is capable of getting a couple more goals before the season is out. If only we had a younger Ivanovic playing in the other wing back slot. He would be perfect there and this would be A v I :lol:

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

When watching Chelsea since they switched to a 3-4-3, you see all the time that Alonso is often trying to sneak in at the back post whenever the play is occurring on the opposite flank, (because since he is playing in a midfield role, with Matic, Kante and the three CB's staying deep, he is pretty much forced to do that in order to provide support to the attack).

Also his height means that he is in the area for free kicks and corners that are getting whipped into the box. Not only that but he is also on the odd central free kick where he can shoot at goal. I honestly would pay 8.0M for him.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

There can be certain 'wake up' moments in a season when a player that has been threatening to do well suddenly delivers a big haul.

I'd say this week we've seen that with both Alonso and Kane.

Alonso showed why he's well worth the premium price. I had been considering downgrading him, but will entertain such thoughts no more.

Kane showed (to me at least) why he should be the first striker on our team sheets (especially when factoring in his record from the previous two seasons also), and dropping him should only be entertained at one's peril.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Archy wrote:There can be certain 'wake up' moments in a season when a player that has been threatening to do well suddenly delivers a big haul.

Alonso showed why he's well worth the premium price. I had been considering downgrading him, but will entertain such thoughts no more.

Kane showed (to me at least) why he should be the first striker on our team sheets (especially when factoring in his record from the previous two seasons also), and dropping him should only be entertained at one's peril.
I got a lot of stick for essentially saying the same thing in another thread about Kane.

The only thing Kane has done since he came in and displaced Adebayor is score goals, goals, goals and more goals. He was underpriced last season at 9.5M and he is still a tad underpriced this season too.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Football Hero wrote:
Archy wrote:There can be certain 'wake up' moments in a season when a player that has been threatening to do well suddenly delivers a big haul.

I got a lot of stick for essentially saying the same thing in another thread about Kane.

The only thing Kane has done since he came in and displaced Adebayor is score goals, goals, goals and more goals. He was underpriced last season at 9.5M and he is still a tad underpriced this season too.
I know how that feels, believe me! Am with you all the way btw.... For sone reason, Kane is still yet to get the credit he deserves on here, despite being brilliant over the last 2 seasons, and being young enough to still be on an upwards trajectory.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”