To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Stones

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Stones

Post by Weisenwolf »

In no end of RMT's, bench threads, transfer threads and so on people keep asking about stones.

He's a cheap useless waste of space in an expensive waste of space defence; sell him FFS and stop asking what you should do with the useless sod :roll:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Stones

Post by cesc408 »

Think i only got rid of him 3 weeks ago. Kept waiting for him nd City to hit form and it doesn't seem to be happening.

City kept a CS last week without him and 1 vs Bmouth when he was also benched. Says a lot really.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Weisenwolf wrote:In no end of RMT's, bench threads, transfer threads and so on people keep asking about stones.

He's a cheap useless waste of space in an expensive waste of space defence; sell him FFS and stop asking what you should do with the useless sod :roll:
You'll be getting splinters with all this fence sitting! :lol:

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I'm pretty mystified too. The 'cheap' entry into a Man City back line only works if the back line is any good and they don't appear to be. Plus you've got a plank in goal. Reminds me why I've never gone 4 at the back. It's not just the player you have to think about, it's his teammates.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

How's this guy ever rated so high is beyond me.. He was crap for Everton last season and he's completely crap this season.

Chelsea chose to buy David Luiz over this guy. Everton must be laughing all the way too the bank.. 48m lol!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Owsler wrote:I'm pretty mystified too. The 'cheap' entry into a Man City back line only works if the back line is any good and they don't appear to be. Plus you've got a plank in goal. Reminds me why I've never gone 4 at the back. It's not just the player you have to think about, it's his teammates.
...and his manager.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

He's a poor man's Dmytro Chygrynskiy.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Why the new thread? There was one from before the season started raving about him and the Citeh defence?

Dumped him in GW1, after watching their first match. 8-)

That and going with Lalla a while back are two of the very few things that I have got right this season.

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

Absolutely essential advice and a much needed thread. Much obliged for sharing your wisdom with us. Sold him six minutes before deadline based solely on this epiphany, and I sure hope many other sectarians followed suit and you won't be much bothered by such silly RMTs and the like during the festive season.

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

What are we saying about John Stones now then. 2 Goals in Champs leage. More passes than any other player. MOTM. Surely worth a slot for the goal threat?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Only recalled to the side because kompany was injured
Pep saying things like "he knows where he has to improve" after the midweek brace.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Pep dropping him again to prove how clever he is.

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

I almost put him in when Kompany was out. In my opinion on form 1. Stones 2. Otamendi 3. Kompany. Kompany is in a serious decline, injury prone, losing pace. He's also surprisingly weak in the air at the defensive end of the park (Opta confirms this, listing him as weak in aerial duels).

Stones is undroppable after the last 2 games. I won't be selecting him though , as Man City always leak goals when I pick their defenders

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I really fancy a Man City defender as my Stephens replacement. Could only afford one of Stones or Otamendi.

Is there just too much uncertainty around the Man City defence for either of these to be a wise purchase? If Pep plays three at the back, then presumably Otamendi and Stones both start alongside Kompany (when fit). If Pep plays four at the back, I guess it's one of Stones or Otamendi who misses out, but does anyone know which?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

MPTree wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 15:24 I really fancy a Man City defender as my Stephens replacement. Could only afford one of Stones or Otamendi.

Is there just too much uncertainty around the Man City defence for either of these to be a wise purchase? If Pep plays three at the back, then presumably Otamendi and Stones both start alongside Kompany (when fit). If Pep plays four at the back, I guess it's one of Stones or Otamendi who misses out, but does anyone know which?

I'd say Otamendi is pretty assured of playing in the Prem.

But hey, Josep Guardiola i Sala is a remarkable person. ;)

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Joccki_10 wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 19:49
I'd say Otamendi is pretty assured of playing in the Prem.

But hey, Josep Guardiola i Sala is a remarkable person. ;)
Thanks, Joccki. I moved for Otamendi last night, partly off the back of your post and partly because I saw Ville picked him for his WC team. :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”