To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: DGW Thread

Post by Billy Bongo »

I think going early on the wc and improving your squad now looks decent, running a load of duds for 6 seeks looks to high a price to pay just to wait

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

swadd1er wrote:
Potters82 wrote:When are people thinking is the best time to use the triple captain chip now?
Id say one of the following in 37 going off fixtures and presuming they are fit:

Aguero vs Lei/Wba
Sanchez vs Sto/Sun
Costa vs Wba/Wat

Form will decide closer to the time for those who still have their chip as all fixtures are pretty good. The likes of Hazard/Sane/Pedro/De Bruyne could be a TC option injuries/suspensions/form depending.
The problem is that I was hoping to use bench boost in 37.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I brought in Valencia, Benteke and DDG in my wildcard. I would have included a cheeky Middlesbrough player, but after they lost Karanka, and with their lack of scoring, it didn't really appeal.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I brought in Valencia, Benteke and DDG in my wildcard. I would have included a cheeky Middlesbrough player, but after they lost Karanka, and with their lack of scoring, it didn't really appeal.
You really must have Ben teken for a fool to get him in. :shock: :oops:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I brought in Valencia, Benteke and DDG in my wildcard. I would have included a cheeky Middlesbrough player, but after they lost Karanka, and with their lack of scoring, it didn't really appeal.
I suppose you wouldn't be too disappointed if we are going to see a similar Benteke DGW like in 2015? ;)

I recall he scored four or five goals in one DGW back in those days?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

DGW Thread

Post by jacksosi »

Mav3rick wrote:A BB in GW34 is possible if Middlesbrough turn on some sort of form. Valdes and a defender maybe seems sensible then it's about the other two bench players and a decent remaining squad. With Kane out, money might be less tight in 34 and might allow a decent attacking midfielder from palace.

If you'd want to play your normal players anyway then the Boro players would be genuine DGW BB players equivalent to fielding 15 in in GW37.

Looking at the cheaper players in GW37, it may be hard to get a good 15 out, if we can focus funds down and dial in on XI strong DGW players in GW37 and field the other 4 players in a BB in 34 then that might be the optimal play?

Obviously if you can afford an all singing 15 in GW37 then that looks better but Kane, Ibra Sanchez, Hazard is a lot of budget... Not to mention Alli, Eriksen, Pedro, Valencia, Alonso, Aguero, Sane etc.
This makes a lot of sense.

I have been looking at my WC 35 team and trying to get a full 15 out for 37, but it's going to require all of the expensive players, Kun Kane Costa upfront, Alli and Rose, 2 Chelsea defenders, Sane/Sanchez/Walcott etc. Trying to work decent DBL fillers into that is beyond challenging.

Alternatively, over the next few weeks I can add Zlatan, Valencia, Valdes, perhaps Zaha, and BB in GW34 with another solid 11 that I'm happy to play.

Then in 37 the money can be spent on the 1st team, with 4 base cheapies as filler and only 2 weeks to carry them.

This of course Image️, is a big fly in the ointment...but then some teams could be on the beach by GW37 Image

Gambit wrote:I wouldn't get too carried away on United players for this DGW, looks good on paper but if they have to put out their best team for the second leg v Anderlecht (20th April) then there is no way they will all play again v Burnley on the 23rd with City to come on the 27th.

JM is again talking about injuries and fatigue, and if they beat Anderlecht (I think they will) then it's another double header for a place in the final, in that scenario I expect the EL to take priority above the top 4.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote:
I suppose you wouldn't be too disappointed if we are going to see a similar Benteke DGW like in 2015? ;)

I recall he scored four or five goals in one DGW back in those days?
4. A hat-trick and a single, 23 points as I recall.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

When should we use our Triple captain
Last edited by owenclass on 21 Mar 2017, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Wouldn't Zaha be a better choice from CPL? Benteke is not getting points. Has anyone been watching their games who could comment?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

jacksosi wrote:Wouldn't Zaha be a better choice from CPL? Benteke is not getting points. Has anyone been watching their games who could comment?
I haven't seen their matches for a while but Benteke has been producing some very good underlying stats - yet he has only one goal and no assists in the last 13 matches!

That's really incredible.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Lucky wrote:Just be aware that you can only play one chip a week. Last year I made the big error of wanting to play WC and BB in the same week. What a stupid blunder! :oops: :oops: :oops:
That was very unLucky. :wink:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote:
jacksosi wrote:Wouldn't Zaha be a better choice from CPL? Benteke is not getting points. Has anyone been watching their games who could comment?
I haven't seen their matches for a while but Benteke has been producing some very good underlying stats - yet he has only one goal and no assists in the last 13 matches!

That's really incredible.
2 seasons ago (when he scored 4 in a DGW) Benteke had a run where he scored 11 goals from 13 SoTs or something like that. Now maybe he has the reverse. The truth of him as a player is doubtless somewhere in the middle.

I just don't like Palace's fixtures in the DGW and seeing I wouldn't consider their players otherwise I'll be passing I think. But I could conceivably have 3 United and 3 'Boro.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

One thing the WC will do is sort out Chelsea , if they have won the league by 37 you wouldn't want their players

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I haven't really studied the fixtures yet but my initial thoughts are use free transfers now to get a decent XI out For DGW34, then use WC35 to set a squad for the final 4 GWs, including BB37.
Should also allow movement from GW34 players to Arsenal /Southampton doublers.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So, United are pretty important over the DGW period and their rotation pressures need to be factored in. So I will dump the projected fixtures here for consideration.

GW30
01 Apr Premier League WBA
GW31
04 Apr Premier League Everton
GW32
09 Apr Premier League Sunderland
13 Apr UEFA Europa League Anderlecht
GW33
16 Apr Premier League Chelsea
20 Apr UEFA Europa League Anderlecht
GW34
23 Apr Premier League Burnley
27 Apr Premier League Manchester City
GW35
30 Apr Premier League Swansea City
04 May UEFA Europa League Semi-Final
GW36
06/07 May Premier League Arsenal
11 May UEFA Europa League Semi-Final
GW37
13/14 May Premier League Spurs
17 May Premier League Southampton
GW38
21 May Premier League Crystal Palace
24 May UEFA Europa League Final

Home Games
Away Games
Provisional

You can see what Mourinho means about the fixtures, if United reach the UEFA EL semi-finals it becomes hellish difficult, not just the rate of games but the level of opposition. Especially from GW36-38.

Not that I would wish it on them (I'd like to see United win the EL) but for FPL purposes it would help if they went out to Anderlecht. We could then be sure of their strongest lineup in the remaining PL games. But if they beat Anderlecht as expected then there will surely be some rotation, United have a deep squad and Mourinho will doubtless use it. This might be especially significant if United are struggling to make 4th place; there could come a time when winning the EL could look like their easiest route into the CL next season (which it probably is anyway).

This pushes me in the direction of adding United players for GW34 late (maybe as late as GW34 itself). What happens before then could make quite a difference to the landscape. Valencia is already in my team but I don't think Zlatan necessarily needs rushing back (despite EVE sun looking like worthwhile fixtures) and a 3rd United player for the DGW would definitely be a last-minute addition for me.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 21 Mar 2017, 14:01, edited 4 times in total.

MGPT
Treebeard

Post by MGPT »

Absolutely staggering how much people overvalue BB. It really isn't a very big deal.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Heres a thought for those leaving the WC until the last minute to try and maximise bb for 37.

Firstly there doesn't look to be that many cheap fodders to wait on and secondly it looks the players you will bring in then, ie 35 36, are the same players you'd bring in now due to form ( in the main)

And of of course if a new diff sneaks his head up or even two later in the season those that have already wildcarded can just transfer them in.

But anyway, think about this, i wildcarded in last week 12 players worth future doubles, and kept 3 Everton

That team, only now 10 days old, has gone up in value 1m.

How much will you have to pay waiting another 5 weeks?

Even with a TV of now 105m post WC I've only just got the cash to Lukaku to Aguero in 37 for eg

It's just a thought, you are most likely going to pay a premium for the benefit of saving the WC

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MGPT wrote:Absolutely staggering how much people overvalue BB. It really isn't a very big deal.
You tell 'em sister!

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

This threads got me up in arms as to whether I should activate my wildcard now or wait until 36..

I think my teams in pretty good condition when it comes to potential price rises between how and 36 so I'm not going to miss out big style. I think for those with a team that's upside down it will benefit you to activate now and get some of those 37 doublers in now to catch some rises as all the bug guns are going to stretch the budget.

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Billy Bongo wrote:Heres a thought for those leaving the WC until the last minute to try and maximise bb for 37.

Firstly there doesn't look to be that many cheap fodders to wait on and secondly it looks the players you will bring in then, ie 35 36, are the same players you'd bring in now due to form ( in the main)

And of of course if a new diff sneaks his head up or even two later in the season those that have already wildcarded can just transfer them in.

But anyway, think about this, i wildcarded in last week 12 players worth future doubles, and kept 3 Everton

That team, only now 10 days old, has gone up in value 1m.

How much will you have to pay waiting another 5 weeks?

Even with a TV of now 105m post WC I've only just got the cash to Lukaku to Aguero in 37 for eg

It's just a thought, you are most likely going to pay a premium for the benefit of saving the WC

Your FPL button doesn't work.
How do I know if i can take your opinion seriously without knowing if you are any good at the game?! ;-)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Just take the opinion anyway you want to, my rank is irrelevent to whether it's worthwhile

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

MGPT wrote:Absolutely staggering how much people overvalue BB. It really isn't a very big deal.
I'm not sure where that's come from?

All I've seen is necessary consideration of the best time to use it. Nobody is suggesting that you have to couple any of the chips, just look at the range of options that have been suggested so far.

Your first post on FISO was entirely about why the GW36/37 WC/BB combo is a bad idea, as was your next big post. I think you're wrong to assume everyone is unthinkingly set on that strategy.

I think it's fair to say that FISO is a bit different from FFS and most contributers here aren't looking to be told, one way or the other, what the "right" answer is. We all have different teams in different situations and make what we hope are the right choice for our unique circumstances.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I've been looking at the bench boost argument.

i'm currently looking at bench boost in week 34 using my usual team plus a few man u and middlesbrough transfers in and then building a decent wildcard team with 11 (not 15) bench boost players.

Here's a week 35 wildcard:

Right now have a modest 102.5 selling value and I could build this team with 1.6 still in hand based on current prices
ff week 35 draft 1-1.PNG
Disadvantages (which could be partly dealt with using cash in the bank)
No premium defenders
No Man U but they might be rotating for the Europa league
Stones might be rotated
No Kane

Notwithstanding the failings in that particular draft team, my comment would be, wouldn't you be compromising this team A LOT by trying to force another 4 active, half decent DGW players into it in search of a Hollywood score? Bearing in mind your shopping list of ten clubs is

Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs - probably all too expensive for bench options.
Southampton - probably sufficient cover already in that team and little / no super cheapies
Leicester and West Brom - very hard week 37s lined up though OK fixtures around them.
Watford - very hard run in
Sunderland - Defoe might worth a look if Sunderland still have something to play for. They have OK fixtures before Chelsea in week 38 so possibly the best feasible option.

I'm intrigued to see what people come up with and of course you can bench boost without 15 dgw players - you can balance a full team with some reasonable SGW players from the likes of West Ham, Swansea, Stoke or Bournemouth. But then there's no need for it to be week 37. and the lack of really decent value players with great fixtures in the period makes me think this is not the way to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Probably bringing Valencia in this week.

Furthermore I've done some planning and hope to be able to bring in Van Aanholt with one of my two free's by GW33 (can play him in 33/34/35 and then wildcard him out) and Zlatan in GW34.

Those three are likely to be my 'only' doublers for 34.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

DGW Thread

Post by jacksosi »

I'm looking at something like this for GW37.
15 DGW players, with BB that'll be effectively 30 players for the week.
I can get a decent first 11 out from 35 (WC) to 38 too.

Last edited by jacksosi on 23 Mar 2017, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

jacksosi wrote:I'm looking at something like this.
Sorry, daft question, but what GW is that pictured squad for? 37?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Mr Clarinet wrote:
Sorry, 37, edited.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

jacksosi wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:
Sorry, 37, edited.
Thanks! Was too early for me too work it all out from first principles!

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Mr Clarinet wrote: Thanks! Was too early for me too work it all out from first principles!
To be fair, it would have been a shocking squad for DGW34! Image

It's a bit light in MF, but you cannot have everyone, and I'd rather have Kun and Kane than the cheaper Ibra and Costa.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

And then you next have to look at the bench fodder for that week, so Yoshida, Cedric?, Capoue and Pickford and the see if you can actually BB in GW34 with other options.

That's the critical thing about the BB can you get those extra four players out in a different week without wildcarding and does that look a better option. Valdes, maybe Phil Jones perhaps would compare well enough to Pickford and Yoshida does any affordable Palace midfielder look better than Capoue?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”