To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: DGW Thread

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:GW34 doubles:

Manchester United - BUR(A), MCI (A)
Middlesbrough - BOU(A), SUN (H)
Crystal Palace - LIV(A), TOT (H)
Yeah, pretty much as expected. Palace I won't bother with at all but what Boro do about their manager situation is doubly interesting now. I could certainly see Valdes being of interest for a start. That's my Foster replacement sorted then. :)

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

So basically it means we load up on 2/3 from United (Ibra, Valencia and a possible third like Mata) and 1/2 from Palace/Middlesborough if anyone comes into a bit of form for 34.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: DGW Early Scan

Post by Stemania »

Yep, so this also 'confirms' all of the precise GW37 doubles too. The only caveat is that strictly speaking there could still be two games outside of GW34/37 (marked * below) rather than Southampton vs Arsenal (though that seems unlikely). Edit: Southampton vs Arsenal itself now looks destined for GW35/36 as it was not announced in the raft of rearrangements.

Confirmed GW34 Doublers
Man United (bur, mci)
Middlesbrough (bou, SUN)
Palace (liv, TOT)
<<WBA Blank>>

'Confirmed' GW37 Doublers
Arsenal (sto, SUN)
Chelsea (wba, WAT)
Leicester (mci, TOT)
Man City (LEI, WBA)
Man United (tot, sot)*
Southampton (mid, MUN)
Sunderland (SWA, ars)*
Spurs (MUN, lei)
West Brom (CHE, mci)
Watford (eve, che)

'Confirmed' GW32, 33, 35 OR 36 Doublers (could still be any, GW35/36 much more likely)
Arsenal (cpl/mid/tot/MUN, sot)
Southampton (wba/MCI/HUL/liv, ARS)

Key:
Green - two double gameweeks
Orange - one double gameweek
Red - one DGW and a blank

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Great work guys. Anyone with any Palace/Boro players in mind? Traore looked sharp yesterday for Boro.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nice, thanks Stem. Lots of good TC options in 37 then - Arsenal, Chelsea, City all look favourable at this distance.

I think 32/33 can be discounted for Soton/Arsenal, the PL said that the next announcement will be around 7th April, that's already the GW32 deadline. It has to be 35 or 36. It actually looks better for Southampton than for Arsenal either way (in terms of fixtures anyway).
swadd1er wrote:Great work guys. Anyone with any Palace/Boro players in mind? Traore looked sharp yesterday for Boro.
I will ignore Palace completely. For Boro I'll almost certainly get Valdes and Gibson. Maybe an attacker too, will need to see how team selection unfolds over the coming weeks. Hopefully they'll get a new manager pronto so we can see what he'll be doing.

For United it will be Valencia and Zlatan for sure. I was thinking of DDG too but I prefer the cheaper Valdes. Maybe Mata or Mkhi but it will partly depend on a closer look at fixtures around the DGW - with EL ongoing, rotation may be a big issue.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

swadd1er wrote:Great work guys. Anyone with any Palace/Boro players in mind? Traore looked sharp yesterday for Boro.
Actually contemplating BB here and bringing in Zaha, Gibson/Valdez, Ibra, Valencia/DDG - just need to identify a sensible path to get here.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

BB surely better for 37 when there's more DGW teams?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

swadd1er wrote:BB surely better for 37 when there's more DGW teams?
BB only actually involves 4 players - it is about marginal benefit not about the whole side. Also means I can focus on getting the best starting 11 for GW37

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

In my position I've held back on using my WC this week so it's a possibility for me to have 15 DGW players in 37 using BB. I'd imagine for people who don't have their WC, 34 may be a better option.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
swadd1er wrote:BB surely better for 37 when there's more DGW teams?
BB only actually involves 4 players - it is about marginal benefit not about the whole side. Also means I can focus on getting the best starting 11 for GW37
It's definitely something to consider. I can see the luxury of wildcarding directly to DGW37. On the other hand many of us have West Brom GW34 blankers and spending transfers for removing them until GW34 probably isn't optimal use of transfers, nor is playing BB with blankers. That's why I'm still sticking with my WC36&BB37 plan.

Maybe WC34 and BB37 with 15 doublers is a real option now, if we are only considering maximizing the amount of matches? Obviously we might then have sub-optimal team between doubles and I'm by no means saying mazimizing the matches is certainly the best way. There are pros and cons in every plan and I haven't yet calculated which is the most optimal way, but I will surely do it.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

With that many teams having a double in 37, surely those with a wildcard would be silly not to use it in 36 to have 15 doublers. Massive points to be had there.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

swadd1er wrote:With that many teams having a double in 37, surely those with a wildcard would be silly not to use it in 36 to have 15 doublers. Massive points to be had there.
I don't agree. I'll aim to play BB in 37, but will happily have cheap players who'll likely just get four points. With the fixture swings coming in 34, I think there's more points to be gained wildcarding earlier.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

swadd1er wrote:With that many teams having a double in 37, surely those with a wildcard would be silly not to use it in 36 to have 15 doublers. Massive points to be had there.
Getting 30 players out that week is an option certainly.

Getting 22 out that week and 15 in any week of your choosing, so long as it's at least 1 week after your wildcard, is another option. You could wildcard with the twin aims of maximizing the two different weeks. Perhaps the week when you struggle to pick a captain because you have favourable fixtures all round and some cheaper defenders also have a good week

I'd like to explore a strategy like this to see if I can get the benefit of the earlier wildcard and still have 11 dgw players (not 15!) in week 37.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

If you play WC34 you can

A) pick 15xDGW37, including 3xMUN, 3xARS, 3xSOT. Result: You will have 3xDGW34, 6xDGW35/36, 15xDGW37. No budgeted additional transfers.

B) pick 3xMID + 12xDGW37, including 3xMUN, 3xARS, 3xSOT. Result: You will have 6xDGW34, 6xDGW35/36, 12xDGW37. Then during GW35-37 you can do MID :arrow: DGW37 to gain an additional DGW37 double per each transfer.

Just some raw drafts. I'm not going to follow fundamentally these drafts, but they give some idea.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Would it not be worth bench boosting with 4 players on the bench that have 2 games in one gameweek getting 8 games worth of points? A minimum of 16 if they all play 60+ minutes not taking into consideration cards and goals conceded.

Maybe in a GW with a couple of teams having 2 games there may be better points potential from bench players with a single week but surely with the amount of teams in 37 with a double, there's even bigger potential there?

Maybe I'm missing the point here or just being damn stupid :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

swadd1er wrote:Would it not be worth bench boosting with 4 players on the bench that have 2 games in one gameweek getting 8 games worth of points? A minimum of 16 if they all play 60+ minutes not taking into consideration cards and goals conceded.
I agree it's probably the best way, unless you have to make compromises to your starting XI because of those four bench players. In an ideal world we will have four base price (or close to base price) DGW37 doublers who are nailed and also able to get something more than just appearance points. It sounds like a lot to ask, but like you said, we have so many DGW37 teams that it might be possible.

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
pdhmobile wrote:There is alot to read on this subject!

Are all the fixtures confirmed yet and if not when do we expect them to be?
No. In the next 10 days (so before GW30 deadline).
Cheers :D

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Stemania wrote:Yep, so this also 'confirms' all of the precise GW37 doubles too. The only caveat is that strictly speaking there could still be two games outside of GW34/37 (marked * below) rather than Southampton vs Arsenal (though that seems unlikely). Edit: Southampton vs Arsenal itself now looks destined for GW35/36 as it was not announced in the raft of rearrangements.

Confirmed GW34 Doublers
Man United (bur, mci)
Middlesbrough (bou, SUN)
Palace (liv, TOT)
<<WBA Blank>>

'Confirmed' GW37 Doublers
Arsenal (sto, SUN)
Chelsea (wba, WAT)
Leicester (mci, TOT)
Man City (LEI, WBA)
Man United (tot, sot)*
Southampton (mid, MUN)
Sunderland (SWA, ars)*
Spurs (MUN, lei)
West Brom (CHE, mci)
Watford (eve, che)

'Confirmed' GW32, 33, 35 OR 36 Doublers (could still be any, GW35/36 much more likely)
Southampton (wba/MCI/HUL/mid, ARS)

Key:
Green - two double gameweeks
Orange - one double gameweek
Red - one DGW and a blank

Is this the full fixture list or is there more to be confirmed?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

A BB in GW34 is possible if Middlesbrough turn on some sort of form. Valdes and a defender maybe seems sensible then it's about the other two bench players and a decent remaining squad. With Kane out, money might be less tight in 34 and might allow a decent attacking midfielder from palace.

If you'd want to play your normal players anyway then the Boro players would be genuine DGW BB players equivalent to fielding 15 in in GW37.

Looking at the cheaper players in GW37, it may be hard to get a good 15 out, if we can focus funds down and dial in on XI strong DGW players in GW37 and field the other 4 players in a BB in 34 then that might be the optimal play?

Obviously if you can afford an all singing 15 in GW37 then that looks better but Kane, Ibra Sanchez, Hazard is a lot of budget... Not to mention Alli, Eriksen, Pedro, Valencia, Alonso, Aguero, Sane etc.

The downside of a BB in 34 is how on earth to find the transfers for Ibra, Valencia, 2/3 boro and a palace player!

Perhaps the smart play would be the wildcard deployed for 34 setting up that BB and most of your GW37 team, bar a few transfers to setup your 11 for that week. Of course you need to be careful of not using GW37 correctly and/or undermining the wildcard, so there's a lot to balance and consider...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think the main difficulty for BB37 will be a cheap good 8th attacker, as right now there aren't a great deal screaming out. With the likes of Pickford & Yoshida there's already some good-looking very cheap DGW defensive fodda though. Perhaps a 4.4m Evans too. How amazing would it be if Ake starts getting games after the title is won!! :mrgreen:
pdhmobile wrote: Is this the full fixture list or is there more to be confirmed?
That's the lot.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Mav3rick wrote: The downside of a BB in 34 is how on earth to find the transfers for Ibra, Valencia, 2/3 boro and a palace player!
Well there are 5FT between now and GW34 so getting 5-6 DGW players shouldn't be that difficult. Getting rid of them and adding players from Ars/Sou and other DGW37 teams can easily be done with the WC, in which you can get a strong 11 filled with premiums which as you said can be budgetly challenging, if you have to have a strong bench for the BB.

I haven't decided yet as I haven't checked what fixtures my GW34 benchers (good single GW players as I would not bench DGW players) will have.

Edit: Checked.. My BB would consist of Pickford(mid), Baines (whu), Maguire (WAT), Siggy (STO).
The planned DGW players would be: Ibra,Valencia,Jones,Valdes,Zaha.
Would be a decent BB but I'm not sure I can't top that in GW37
Last edited by Geri on 20 Mar 2017, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Mav3rick wrote:A BB in GW34 is possible if Middlesbrough turn on some sort of form. Valdes and a defender maybe seems sensible then it's about the other two bench players and a decent remaining squad. With Kane out, money might be less tight in 34 and might allow a decent attacking midfielder from palace.

If you'd want to play your normal players anyway then the Boro players would be genuine DGW BB players equivalent to fielding 15 in in GW37.

Looking at the cheaper players in GW37, it may be hard to get a good 15 out, if we can focus funds down and dial in on XI strong DGW players in GW37 and field the other 4 players in a BB in 34 then that might be the optimal play?

Obviously if you can afford an all singing 15 in GW37 then that looks better but Kane, Ibra Sanchez, Hazard is a lot of budget... Not to mention Alli, Eriksen, Pedro, Valencia, Alonso, Aguero, Sane etc.

The downside of a BB in 34 is how on earth to find the transfers for Ibra, Valencia, 2/3 boro and a palace player!

Perhaps the smart play would be the wildcard deployed for 34 setting up that BB and most of your GW37 team, bar a few transfers to setup your 11 for that week. Of course you need to be careful of not using GW37 correctly and/or undermining the wildcard, so there's a lot to balance and consider...
That's my logic, but it also highlights the difficulty which is that all subsequent transfers need to be focused on dgw players which I'm not particularly keen on. I suppose a GW33 wildcard might be possible ...

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I played my 2nd WC last week. So the only challenge is to play the BB in the best possible week.

BB in GW 34 is not attractive to me. ManU players are a no brainer, but as others said Palace players not really attractive vs Pool and Spurs. And Middlesborough players are a big lottery .. not least as we cannot be sure which players will be in favour with a new coach to be appointed.

So BB in GW37 is the only option for me.

Just be aware that you can only play one chip a week. Last year I made the big error of wanting to play WC and BB in the same week. What a stupid blunder! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I wouldn't get too carried away on United players for this DGW, looks good on paper but if they have to put out their best team for the second leg v Anderlecht (20th April) then there is no way they will all play again v Burnley on the 23rd with City to come on the 27th.

JM is again talking about injuries and fatigue, and if they beat Anderlecht (I think they will) then it's another double header for a place in the final, in that scenario I expect the EL to take priority above the top 4.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

My plan at the minute is to bring in Ibra+Valencia (EL result depending) to go alongside Jones (who I already have) and transfer in Valdez for Foster (WBA blank coming up). If any Boro players come into form between now and 34 I'll squeeze them in too.

I see zero value in getting any Palace players in for their tough double. They've been poor offensively and defensively all season and no ones been in any form of recent.

4 or 5 doublers will see me through 34 leaving me a transfer to make a change for 35, WC 36 bringing in 15 DGW players, bench boost 37. Leaves me with the AAO chip for the back end of the season.

As previously mentioned by Stem, there's (currently) a few cheap defensive certs which will keep the budget down for loading up on the front men. Hopefully a cheap mid/forward comes into a bit of form between now and then to allow for a cheap 8th attacker.

Pretty set on this plan.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Stemania wrote: 'Confirmed' GW32, 33, 35 OR 36 Doublers (could still be any, GW35/36 much more likely)
Southampton (wba/MCI/HUL/mid, ARS)

Southampton's GW36 fixture is liv not mid.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Good spot - mid was GW37. Updated.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

34 looks like a dud, Valdes and Valencia that's it meh

37 the humdinger for bench boost not a lot to think about really 3 city gooner spurs chelsea and some chimps

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

When are people thinking is the best time to use the triple captain chip now?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Potters82 wrote:When are people thinking is the best time to use the triple captain chip now?
Id say one of the following in 37 going off fixtures and presuming they are fit:

Aguero vs Lei/Wba
Sanchez vs Sto/Sun
Costa vs Wba/Wat

Form will decide closer to the time for those who still have their chip as all fixtures are pretty good. The likes of Hazard/Sane/Pedro/De Bruyne could be a TC option injuries/suspensions/form depending.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”