To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: RE: Re: DGW Early Scan

Post by Vsz »

Billy Bongo wrote:
Vsz wrote:
Stower79 wrote:From what I can see - in the worst case scenario where Man Utd and Man City progress to the FA Cup Semi Finals and Champions League / Europa League Semi-Finals - then there would be 5 fixtures involving Man Utd and Man City that would need to be arranged.

Man City v Stoke
Man City v WBA
Man City v Man Utd
Southampton V Man Utd
Burnley v Man Utd

Only up to four teams could possibly have up to 3 matches to rearrange - Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Southampton. And 2 of those fixtures are Man City v Man Utd and Southampton v Arsenal. All other teams only have 2, 1 or 0 fixtures to rearrange.

From a scan through the fixtures from what I can see all of the postponed games for all teams could be played in GW34 or GW37 (except the third Utd and City fixture and possibly Arsenal and Southampton). In my view it looks logical that 6 of those fixtures could be arranged for GW37 and the GW 34 fixtures postponed to the midweek in the same gameweek. But when did logic ever win?

Arsenal may also have 3 matches to be rearranged if they progress in the FA Cup but given that they will more than likely be out of Europe then one of those fixtures would be played in a European midweek. If Chelsea progress to the FA Cup Semi Finals then Southampton would also have 3 fixtures to rearrange but they could also play the third fixture during a Champions League midweek (and this could be the Southampton v Arsenal match).

One of the rearranged fixtures is Southampton v Arsenal so this will likely just slot in in GW32, 33, 35 or 36 if Chelsea/ Arsenal get through to the FA Cup Semi Finals.

So that would leave Man Utd and Man City - who have to play each other. Assuming both reach the European Semi-Finals, I guess this match could either be placed in GW34 or 37 with an extra fixture involving Man City and Man Utd placed in a triple gameweek (either STO (H) or WBA (H)) or Man Utd (SOU (A), BUR (A) or less disruption would mean they just play Man City v Man Utd in a triple gameweek and the other rearranged fixtures involving United and City in GW34 and 37.

The Man Utd / Man City scenario seems to be the only really tricky match for the fixture planners to organise (assuming both reach the semi finals of the FA Cup and Europe) as United would need to play on a Thursday in the Europa League and then would need to play on something like a SUN - TUE - THU/FRI - SUN fixture pattern or for City, who would play Champions League on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, it might be a FRI - MON - THU - SUN. Either way the EPL have their work cut out to sort this out if both progress in Europe. But clubs played 2 matches in 3 days during Christmas so I guess they'll have to just get on with it.

If Man Utd lose to Chelsea in the FA Cup (or don't reach the EL Semi-Finals) and Man City don't reach the Champions League Semi Final then there is no problem and they could slot the match in during a European midweek or perhaps GW34/GW37 dependent on Man City progress in the FA Cup. And we'll know the outcome of the FA Cup Quarter Finals and the draw of the Quarter Finals of the European competitions before GW29. I guess this is what the fixture organisers will be hoping to avoid Pep or Jose having a major rant and fixture pile-up.

Incidentally, if the Premier League decided to just move forward the postponed GW34 fixtures to midweek GW34 then there may not be any DGW fixtures in GW34 (or very few) leaving GW37 to be the big DGW. It will be interesting to see what the Premier League do. Personally I think it would be more interesting from a FPL viewpoint if the big DGW was GW34.

So obviously there are a number of factors to be decided, but I could foresee something like this scenario:

GW34 midweek (no double game week for any teams - fixtures moved forward from the weekend to midweek)-

Arsenal v Sun
Bur v Man United or Che v Sou
Lei v Spurs
Man City v WBA or Bou v Mid

GW 37 midweek (DGW for 12 teams)

Man Citv v Stoke
Palace v Spurs
Mid v Sunderland
Ars v Leicester
Sou v Man United
Che v Watford

GW32,33,35 or 36 (double game week for only Sou and Ars)

Sou v Ars

GW?

Man City v Man Utd - to be decided based on outcome of FA Cup and Europe but may be a triple gameweek for both teams or just a DGW played in one of the later gameweeks.

I don't think we'll know much more until after GW28 anyway following outcome of the FA Cup Quarter-Finals and European last 16 ties.
All of this makes me think the WC in GW29 is even more tempting. Get 11 players on the pitch in GW28 using remaining FT's (all the easier now Liv are playing) then WC GW29 and full your team with City, Ars, United and Saints as much as budget will allow - Aguero, Zlat, Gabbiadini up front, along with Sanchez, Miki, Sterling etc and some cheaper ones too.
Why not just wait? Spurs have great fixtures in that period why load up then when things still unknown?

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly
Because if you're looking to get a full team of 11 out in GW28 you'll likely have 2 or 3 WBA whose fixtures turn sour after, and maybe a couple of Hull/Burnley/Bournemouth/Swansea etc who you might not want from GW29 onwards compared to teams like City, United, Ars and Soton...

Just an idea - happy to hear people's input (although I think this has maybe been discussed elsewhere as well...)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: DGW Early Scan

Post by Sutter Kane »

I think a gw29 has some legs if you have all the fixture info by then. If not, then you'll likely regret it.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Finisher1 wrote:Hey Billy! Would you fancy Alonso or Azpilicueta for the remaining fixtures?
Neither

City potential dgw in 27

sent from Tapatalk that can't do paragraphs properly

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Chelsea Website:

"The Premier League have announced that a new date for our home match against Watford, postponed due to our progress in the FA Cup, will not be announced until the outcome of the FA Cup sixth round, the subsequent draw for the semi-finals and, if required, progression of Premier League clubs to the Europa League quarter-finals is known. The rescheduled date for Chelsea versus Watford at Stamford Bridge is likely to be confirmed on or around Monday 27 March."

That suggests we may have details of the re-scheduled games and the DGWs that will result somewhere before the GW30 deadline.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Personally, looking at the fixtures I'm thinking that a GW32 WC looks good. Arsenal and Man City fixtures take a turn for the better and all the info on fixtures should be available. Means I can focus on GW29-31 as a 3 week sprint and then focus on GW32-38 as a distinct block of fixtures. GW30 doesn't look great for my team but I think I can manage that.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

Wildcard after 30 for me. Can ditch a couple of Chelsea assets after the Palace game. City's games get better, same for Arsenal, Spurs and Pool.

Should have all the double info by then.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I was just looking at which teams might have a potential DGW34 (in terms of players I want to be thinking about not too soon after GW29). For the opening weekend of GW34 we have

Hull vs Watford
Liverpool vs Palace
Swansea vs Stoke
WHU vs Everton

confirmed as going ahead. But assuming (for the sake of argument) the three teams who are heavy favourites in their FA Cup games win - so Arsenal, Spurs, City (against Lincoln, Milwall, Boro resp) then the only additional games possible for the opening weekend would (depending on the Che vs United result) be

Bournemouth vs Middlesbrough; and one of
Burnley vs Man United; or
Chelsea vs Southampton

But, of those teams only Chelsea, Man United, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford and Palace would actually have games to rearrange so could possibly have a DGW when any fixtures were rearranged for midweek GW34. So (assuming the three favourites go through) I think the only teams that could actually have GW34 doubles would be

Chelsea win:
Man United (bur, mci/sot)
Watford (hul, che)*
Palace (liv, TOT)*
Boro (bou, SUN)*

United win:
Southampton (che, MUN/ars)
Chelsea (SOT, WAT)*
Watford (hul, che)*
Palace (liv, TOT)*
Boro (bou, SUN)*

*but 2nd game could easily be in GW37 since each team involved would only have one double

If Chelsea (and Arsenal) win in the cup the only two teams that will need to reschedule a game outside of GW34/37 will be Southampton & Arsenal, so I assume it would just be the game between those two - so a Southampton/Arsenal DGW in 32, 33, 35 or 36 - and every other game in GW34/37 midweek.

If United win in the cup there will be two teams that will need to reschedule a game outside of GW34/37 - United & Arsenal. Since both would have a SOT game to rearrange the chances are this would mean one of MUN/ARS away at SOT for DGW in 32, 33, 35 or 36, but it could be any two games one each from (MUN vs bur/mci/sot) or (ARS vs LEI/SUN/sot) in some combination of these weeks. (If United additionally get to the Europa semis then Mourinho explodes and it's crazytime).

(One or two of SOT/LEI/SUN/BUR/MCI could hypothetically have a GW34 blank if it's their extra game moved to midweek in the United winning case)

TLDR:
So if the three favourites go through and assuming I haven't made any silly errors, then whatever happens in CHE vs MUN we could well only have one team with a DGW in GW34 (or perhaps three or four, but including really really tough ones for Southampton. Palace and/or Watford). Whatever happens I think only the winner of the Cup game would have a reasonably attractive DGW in GW34!! :shock:

Edit: Correction made after Finisher1 spotted an error - a fixture missing meaning Boro weren't included when they should have been.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

what are the chances of a triple gameweek 37 for Arsenal and United?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

gallus wrote:what are the chances of a triple gameweek 37 for Arsenal and United?
Very low, it involves Lincoln forcing a replay vs Arsenal. Which means getting a draw at the Emirates. Some might say that it's quite probable now, considering Arsenals form :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

ZeroRemorse wrote: it involves Lincoln forcing a replay vs Arsenal.
Are there replays in QF?
...no, but it's a novelty
wiki wrote:This edition of the FA Cup will be the first in which quarter-final matches will be played to a result on the day, instead of being subject to replay in case of a draw

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Yep, no replays. I think realistically the only TGW chance is United in GW37 if they've got to the semis of both cup comps. But that could also be split into two doubles. I don't think it's possible for Arsenal to have one unless they somehow beat Bayern (and beat Lincoln), in which case they are as screwed as United would be.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

No replays in the quarters boys, just extra time and penalties. So I guess we're just going to have to do it on the day :wink:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I just noticed that Grant made 3 saves in GW27 but didn't get a save point because I guess he made 2 saves in the first match and 1 save in the second.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Paulista wrote:I just noticed that Grant made 3 saves in GW27 but didn't get a save point because I guess he made 2 saves in the first match and 1 save in the second.
indeed

if stats from both matches would combine in one item, then one GC in one match would bust a CS in the other! ;)
you get one match points as usual, then the second match points as usual, then you sum them

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

MoSe wrote:
Paulista wrote:I just noticed that Grant made 3 saves in GW27 but didn't get a save point because I guess he made 2 saves in the first match and 1 save in the second.
indeed

if stats from both matches would combine in one item, then one GC in one match would bust a CS in the other! ;)
you get one match points as usual, then the second match points as usual, then you sum them
That may well be, but however you slice it, this DGW save points thing used to drive Gooberman crazy. May still do...

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: But, of those teams only Chelsea, Man United, Southampton, Watford and Palace would actually have games to rearrange so could possibly have a DGW when any fixtures were rearranged for midweek GW34. So (assuming the three favourites go through) I think the only teams that could actually have GW34 doubles would be

Chelsea win:
Man United (bur, mci/sot)
Watford (hul, che)*
Palace (liv, TOT)*

United win:
Southampton (che, MUN/ars)
Chelsea (SOT, WAT)*
Watford (hul, che)*
Palace (liv, TOT)*

*but 2nd game could easily be in GW37 since each team involved would only have one double
I reckon Middlesbrough can also have DGW34 unless I have made some mistake.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Ha ha - yes, the error is in the initial fixtures - I'd incorrectly got written in my file that the Boro game was off if City won, but it's the other way around obviously. Will go back and correct. Thanks (again!!). :oops:

Edit: Done, Would you like a fulltime job as my proof reader? :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:Ha ha - yes, the error is in the initial fixtures - I'd incorrectly got written in my file that the Boro game was off if City won, but it's the other way around obviously. Will go back and correct. Thanks (again!!). :oops:
Cheers, those lists offer invaluable help for understanding the DGW logic, I have written all upcoming fixtures and scenarios open on my paper.

Stemania wrote: Edit: Done, Would you like a fulltime job as my proof reader? :lol:
:lol:

I suppose monitoring other people's mistakes is one thing where I'm good at :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

So I need Negredo? :? :?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

blahblah wrote:So I need Negredo? :? :?
Boro's double could just as easily come in GW37 so probably not when there's Gabiadinis and the like available. City going through is potentially a bonus for Valdes/Boro defender owners though. :D

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

GW34 games haven't been removed yet. FPL are usually quicker this season

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Mo Bot wrote:GW34 games haven't been removed yet. FPL are usually quicker this season
Perhaps because they could still be in that gameweek? Personally I think all GW34 fixtures will remain in that gameweek.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So, I'll put my working out here, I think it's right but no guarantees and would appreciate correction if necessary.

Teams with fixtures needing rescheduling (includes those that will be caused by the FAC SFs in GW34):

Chelsea(2), City(2), United(2), Arsenal(3), Spurs(2), Soton(3), Watford(1), Leicester(2), Palace(1), Boro(1), Sunderland(2).

Teams that can have a DGW34 / Teams that cannot have a DGW34. Can does not mean will, only United seem 100% certain to have a DGW34 I believe.

It seems that Southampton v Arsenal is likely to be squeezed into GW35 or GW36 and if that's done all the rest can be accommodated in GW34 and GW37. The teams that cannot have a DGW34 are therefore sure of a DGW37 and will play one game (if they have 2 to schedule) as a midweek SGW in GW34.

Of the teams that can have a DGW34, Boro would be likely to have the most favourable fixtures (bou SUN); United (bur sot or bur mci) and Watford (hul che) would have OK fixtures and Palace (liv TOT) would have poor ones.

I think it would be convenient for me at least if either Watford or Boro (or preferably both) did get a DGW34, simply because I already have Pickford who will have a DGW37 and could add Gomes or (preferably) Valdes. Otherwise it might need to be De Gea/Pickford. But I do think tonight's result is going to make Zlatan more or less essential when he is through suspension and that's good to be aware of for future planning.

Beyond that I think one can only await the fixture announcement which I think should ensue some time within the next 2 weeks or so.

Shevchenko
Wideboy

Post by Shevchenko »

Didnt WBA need rescheduling too due to City playing FAC SF?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Shevchenko wrote:Didnt WBA need rescheduling too due to City playing FAC SF?
Yeah I think that's right but it might be same gameweek. Otherwise WBA get a blank in GW34 and a DGW in 37.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Judging by this then, those DGW fixtures in 34 don't actually seem that favourable for anyone.

And then considering it's impossible to predict what teams will still have something to play for by GW37 (ie if they'll already have one eye on their holidays or not), I'm not necessarily sure it's worth going out of your way to incorporate any of these into your plans at all just yet.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes it could be the complete opposite of last year where GW34 was a monster and GW37 was decent. I can see GW34 being nowhere near as good and GW37 being the biggest anti-climax since Lost. Instead of taking a -12 last week, I probably should have WC'd!

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

From BTs twitter
3 DGWs might be in GWs 34-37:
GW34: 1-4 teams get a DGW (+ WBA might Blank)
GW 35/36: SOT & ARS get a DGW
GW37: 8-12 teams get a DGW

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Shevchenko wrote:Didnt WBA need rescheduling too due to City playing FAC SF?
Yeah I think that's right but it might be same gameweek. Otherwise WBA get a blank in GW34 and a DGW in 37.
If that happens, will City have a DGW in 37 playing both WBA and Leicester at home? :shock:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Joccki_10 wrote:If that happens, will City have a DGW in 37 playing both WBA and Leicester at home? :shock:
Aguero 9-pointer incoming!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”