To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Manchester United Defenders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Manchester United Defenders

Post by Football Hero »

blahblah wrote:I think he got something in first match vs Bournemouth.
That was Martial.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

A Chelsea defender along with someone like Coleman, Walker/Rose would be a better choice than Valencia in my opinion.

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Another right footer, but I think he plays as LCB usually if my memory serves.

Presumably Lindelof and Bailly are the long term plan, but I personally see Rojo's place as the one most under threat in the short term. I hope so anyway, as Jones is my current planned transfer. :D

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Mourinho no longer interested in Lindelof, apparently due to the form of Jones/Rojo - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38450944

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Lindelof: solid as a rock, slow as a rock.
Really big club materal? Really? :?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

So with Bailly returning from AFCON earlier than expected (though apparently not ready for the FA Cup this weekend according to Mourinho - perhaps back next GW?) who are United fans expecting the CB partnership to be going forward?

One of Jones and Rojo/Smalling to miss out to Bailly? If so, which one? For me I see (hope) Jones is the most likely to retain, but I'm definitely a concerned owner. :?

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

MoSe wrote:Lindelof: solid as a rock, slow as a rock.
Really big club materal? Really? :?
Similar to a lot of very good CB'S over the years. Kind of like the traditional CB's England used to produce.

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

Stemania wrote:So with Bailly returning from AFCON earlier than expected (though apparently not ready for the FA Cup this weekend according to Mourinho - perhaps back next GW?) who are United fans expecting the CB partnership to be going forward?

One of Jones and Rojo/Smalling to miss out to Bailly? If so, which one? For me I see (hope) Jones is the most likely to retain, but I'm definitely a concerned owner. :?
If it helps Jones, Smalling and Bailly are right footed, Rojo is left footed. Of course that may or not make a difference.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Tough to call. I thought Bailly and Smalling would have been the no.1 partnership at the start of the season, Smalling was then benched, Bailly was then injured. Now it's Rojo and Jones who have been good as a partnership.

Who knows, Think Valencia is the only defender we can say is 1st choice atm.

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

Rixel wrote:
CarlosTheFinger wrote:Only reason I didn't go for Jones was that Smalling is now back. I've had enough inexplicably dropped players this season to last me a life time.
Mourinho has stated in a press conference that he's sticking with the Rojo and Jones partnership for the rest of the month so..
...that means Bailly will be back in at the start of February.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Smalling and Rojo start in what looks to be a second string Man Utd team against Wigan in the cup.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Jones or Rojo more nailed on?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Jones is more nailed in my opinion because he was rested for the FA Cup match.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Phil Jones 55th min injury was a bruised foot apparently (rather than the rumoured hamstring I'm sure I saw somewhere) and he expects to be back imminently. I don't know if that is good news or bad news for us owners with two potential blanks on the near horizon.

I love owning Phil Jones. But I also hate owning Phil Jones. :lol:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

So giving this a bump now that Jones seems to be back, having played the last two League games, what is Man United's first choice defence now? Or are all subject to rotation?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I've already got Valencia, but I can hear Big Phil whispering my name yet again. Only 4.7m you say? Similarly priced Funes Mori/Holebas just dropped from their teams you say? Oh no, hello darkness my old friend. :oops: :mrgreen:

I'd prefer two defenders/GK plus Ibra for DGW34 to guessing a second United attacker for sure. Mourinho seems to pick a random set of attacking mids every week - if his first name was Pep he'd be getting slaughtered. :lol:

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Yes I was also thinking FunisMori to Jones this week.

It looked like United actually played 3-5-2 yesterday and Jones was selected ahead of Rojo but I don't know if they will revert back to 4 and if Smalling/Bailey would get the nod.

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

I owned Jones for a lengthy period up until his injury and unless I'm mistaken he didn't miss a single game through rotation. Seems to me if he's fit he starts (league). Smalling having a shocker yesterday can only strengthen his place. I'm looking at getting him back in for Brunt.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Cornish Gooner wrote:I owned Jones for a lengthy period up until his injury and unless I'm mistaken he didn't miss a single game through rotation. Seems to me if he's fit he starts (league). Smalling having a shocker yesterday can only strengthen his place. I'm looking at getting him back in for Brunt.
Smalling was out of favor and Bailly had an injury when Jones got his run. Hard to say for sure. I own Valencia and he's the only one I trust to play every game or near to it.

Bolt
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Quality

Post by Bolt »

Turd Ferguson wrote:Smalling was out of favor and Bailly had an injury when Jones got his run. Hard to say for sure. I own Valencia and he's the only one I trust to play every game or near to it.
In a nutshell. Fergie knows.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

United fan here, have watched every game this year, Valencia is the only nailed on defender.

Given the insane fixtures (9 games in April alone) even he bears some risk, but I wouldn't go near the others for the moment. Worth monitoring if Jose keeps up this three-at-the-back defensive strategy or one of the CBs gets injured, but that's it for now.

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

Nailer6245 wrote:United fan here, have watched every game this year, Valencia is the only nailed on defender.

Given the insane fixtures (9 games in April alone) even he bears some risk, but I wouldn't go near the others for the moment. Worth monitoring if Jose keeps up this three-at-the-back defensive strategy or one of the CBs gets injured, but that's it for now.
Interesting, thanks for the insight. I was looking at taking the cheaper option of Jones over Valencia but I'm coming round to the fact that Valencia is more secure and worth the extra outlay. Would you say De gea is completely nailed for all league games or is there a chance even he could get a rest?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

That's good insight, cheers. I think I'll leave Jones for the moment then and look elsewhere for a Funis Mori replacement.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

If anything, he gives Romero a run out in the UEFA Cup so seems like DDG should be nailed on for the league games

mpok3
Treebeard

Post by mpok3 »

Looking like Jones is out... I reckon the starting lineup will be:
Rojo - Smalling (if fit) - Bailly - Valencia
OR
Blind - Rojo - Bailly - Valencia

What do you think?

Minutes played since GW10 attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mpok3
Treebeard

Post by mpok3 »

Pretty much likely to be the following then:
Blind - Rojo - Bailly - Valencia

With Blind/Valencia perhaps rotating with Darmian/Shaw.

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Wouldn't Blind be required in midfield ? a few players missing there also

mpok3
Treebeard

Post by mpok3 »

I am perhaps forgetting Mr Utility himself, Ashley Young.
I don't think Blind's played in midfield once this season.
They should be ok in midfield - Mata, Mkhitaryan, Lindgard, Martial, Young, Carrick (Fellaini a bit injured & Herrera back 4th Nov).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”