To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Andy Carroll - Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Are you willing to risk this fraud?

Yeh why not, my season's basically over anyway
3%
Hell no
52%
I will wait for form (accidental goals) to appear
36%
Undecided
9%

Total votes: 33

ricardo68
FISOhead

Andy Carroll - Poll

Post by ricardo68 »

This long hair lout is a fraud parading as a professional football player, but Those West of Ham have a superb run of fixtures after Liverpool.

Anyone willing to take the risk?

DragonSwag
Treebeard

Re: Andy Carroll - Poll

Post by DragonSwag »

ill wait for him to start a game first (and finish it).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

With Payet's delivery you'd expect chances, until he gets injured again, which will probably be very soon.

I'm not sure where the spare transfer would come from to risk him though. If you have 3 big strikers then he's a hard pass, same if you need bench fodder as that's anichebe, if you already have Austin it doesn't seem worth changing, and if you can afford Defoe or Benteke then they are probably better bets. Seems a relatively small number of managers that would even be in a position to risk him.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Would be madness - tiny upside for massive risk of injury and/or not doing as well as replacements. West Ham are a shambles too.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

All true, all they have to do is hit his head with the ball from the right angle for the ball to go in the net though; but then he is as fragile as a very fragile little thin thing.

Kun is out..

(Actually Liverpool is a bit of a plus match, if WHam can get a few corners.)

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I like him :shock:

on his day he's unplayable, but his fitness record makes him unpickable for this game.

But I do think he will score goals, especially with the delivery from Payet.

Liverpool are a shambles at the back so I could see him causing all kinds of problems at the weekend, and then it's Burnley Hull and Swansea, if West Ham are going to start to turn things around they couldn't ask for three better fixtures.

Don't think I will risk him for the same reasons others have mentioned, but if he starts the next four matches he will get goals.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Gambit wrote: Liverpool are a shambles at the back so I could see him causing all kinds of problems at the weekend
This is true, but although WHM have had relatively tough fixtures, over the last 5 weeks:

Only Hull and Swansea have had fewer shots on goal.
Only Burnley, Hull and Swansea had had fewer shots in the box.
West Ham have had the fewest number of shots on target of anyone in the league.

They've had a relatively high proportion of big chances though, considering the low number of shots in total, so I think you're right that they are likely to score at Anfield, if only from a set piece.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mav3rick wrote:
Gambit wrote: Liverpool are a shambles at the back so I could see him causing all kinds of problems at the weekend
This is true, but although WHM have had relatively tough fixtures, over the last 5 weeks:

They've had a relatively high proportion of big chances though, considering the low number of shots in total, so I think you're right that they are likely to score at Anfield, if only from a set piece.
and Burnley Swansea and Hull all scored against Liverpool :D

to be honest, I expect everybody to score against Liverpool, for such a strong team they are so poor at the back, I'm so annoyed I picked a Liverpool defender (Lovren), despite other transfer issues (Aguero etc) I think I will take the hit just to get rid of him, I'd be shocked if they got over 5 clean sheets in the league between now and May!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And Liverpool don't have to give up many chances to concede...

Shawshank
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shawshank »

I'm also tempted to bring Carroll or Iheanacho in for Austin. I support Saints but I just don't think there are lots of goals in us this year and I feel Austin is far more effective at home than away. With the Christmas period coming up and Puel's rotation policy it's guaranteed Austin won't play every game. Of the next six (MID, sto, bou, TOT, WBA, eve) I expect him to be rested for stok(a) and WBA(h) and then all of a sudden his fixtures look ok but not fantastic. Rotation is obviously a risk for every player over Christmas but I just get the feeling after this weekend (maybe even before) might be the right time to jump off him.

I assume Iheanacho will play the next 4 for City with Aguero coming back in for liv(a) on 31st. I wonder if Iheanacho will then come back in for BUR(H) with it being less than 2 days later. I'm leaning towards him over Carroll at the moment

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Andy Carroll - Poll

Post by jacksosi »

He is my planned transfer in for next week (for Deeney )

Great fixtures
Cheap
A differential
Scored in his 18 mins vs Arsenal, he's on fire
BUR, HUL, Swa, Lei, MANU, CPL, mid...too good a run to ignore.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Shawshank wrote:I'm also tempted to bring Carroll or Iheanacho in for Austin. I support Saints but I just don't think there are lots of goals in us this year and I feel Austin is far more effective at home than away. With the Christmas period coming up and Puel's rotation policy it's guaranteed Austin won't play every game. Of the next six (MID, sto, bou, TOT, WBA, eve) I expect him to be rested for stok(a) and WBA(h) and then all of a sudden his fixtures look ok but not fantastic. Rotation is obviously a risk for every player over Christmas but I just get the feeling after this weekend (maybe even before) might be the right time to jump off him.

I assume Iheanacho will play the next 4 for City with Aguero coming back in for liv(a) on 31st. I wonder if Iheanacho will then come back in for BUR(H) with it being less than 2 days later. I'm leaning towards him over Carroll at the moment
Whilst it's certainly true that Austin is in danger of Christmas rotation or early subs certainly, I can't really think of two more risky players in terms of rotation than Carroll or Ihenacho to replace him.

It seems pretty unlikely that an injury plagued, just back from a long time out, Carroll is going to play every game either, and Ihenacho has the Pep factor.

If you're citing game time risk as the reason to sell Austin, then I think you have to try to replace him with a more secure player, otherwise you may as well stick and save the transfer?

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

Gambit wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

to be honest, I expect everybody to score against Liverpool, for such a strong team they are so poor at the back, I'm so annoyed I picked a Liverpool defender (Lovren), despite other transfer issues (Aguero etc) I think I will take the hit just to get rid of him, I'd be shocked if they got over 5 clean sheets in the league between now and May!
Are you not in danger of letting your obvious hatred for a team rule your head? Prior to their last game, Liverpool had the sixth best defensive record in the league :? Matip also returns this weekend not to mention the fact that West Ham are probably the poorest team in the premiership currently.

Liverpool have only once conceded more than a single goal with the Cameroon international in the side and have not lost a game.

If current form is anything to go by Liverpool are 2nd and West Han are 17th. Again Liverpool have the sixth best defensive record in the last six games. I suggest you give yourself a few slaps around the face and look for better options than a crock such as Carroll.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Have to say, my ears pricked up when I heard he was back (though I did own him going into GW1, which went....less than well). There's no way I'd pick him before he's had a game or two under his belt though and would almost certainly wait till after the festive period as I doubt he can play two games in a week.

If he can nail down the starting role ahead of Sakho/Zaza etc then 6.1m would be an outrageous price for a head on very tall legs supplied by Payet. :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

But almost all the goals they conceded were from corners: Carroll is rather tall, and Payet can still take a corner\free kick.

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

blahblah wrote:But almost all the goals they conceded were from corners: Carroll is rather tall, and Payet can still take a corner\free kick.
That depends on how your interpretation of the word "Almost" differs hugely from the norm.

I would define the word "Almost" as nearly, all but, mostly, as close as, etc etc.

And I suggest 3/18 goals conceeded from corners (only one directly I may add) hardly backs up your assessment. Infact I would call it a lack of observation.

Perhaps you ought to change the word almost to nearly 17% of the goals they conceeded.. Blahblah

:?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There were enough for MNF with Klopp there to go into them, and there were some after that too.

(I was talking about the 1 a match conceding, and been away and not seem=n the last few matches.)

the team is sgort, and why Can is quite a good FPL punt as I see him as first choice above Wijnathing assuming a full fit squad....

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Maybe if West Ham start playing like a proper Premier League side again.

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

blahblah wrote:There were enough for MNF with Klopp there to go into them, and there were some after that too.

(I was talking about the 1 a match conceding, and been away and not seem=n the last few matches.)

the team is sgort, and why Can is quite a good FPL punt as I see him as first choice above Wijnathing assuming a full fit squad....
I'm sorry you clearly said, " almost all the goals Liverpool have conceeded were from corners " :shock: and I have pointed out that is an inaccurate comment.

Infact I could add of the 3 goals from corners out of the 18 Liverpool have conceeded, only one was direct McCauley. Two others were Fer from an initial knock back across the face of goal and Meyker for Hull after an initial bobbing around In the box.

Also the last of these goals was way back on 22/10. I don't know how long you were away for but for your info, Liverpool actually had three consecutive clean sheets prior to their calamitous collapse against Bournemouth. None of the Bournemouth goals were from corners either.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The Don wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

Are you not in danger of letting your obvious hatred for a team rule your head? Prior to their last game, Liverpool had the sixth best defensive record in the league :? Matip also returns this weekend not to mention the fact that West Ham are probably the poorest team in the premiership currently.

Liverpool have only once conceded more than a single goal with the Cameroon international in the side and have not lost a game.

If current form is anything to go by Liverpool are 2nd and West Han are 17th. Again Liverpool have the sixth best defensive record in the last six games. I suggest you give yourself a few slaps around the face and look for better options than a crock such as Carroll.
what a strange post :lol: where is my obvious hatred for Liverpool? I currently have both Firmino and Mane and unfortunately Lovren, it's Lovren I'm unhappy with, because the Liverpool defence is garbage, and I knew it was.

Maybe 5 clean sheets between now and May is a little harsh but I'm not expecting many more and it's why I will get rid. Feel free to load up on Liverpool defenders, with this 6th best defensive record you talk of I'm sure you will rake up the points, and at 5m+ they all represent excellent value, choo choo :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”