To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Coutinho replacement

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who is your Coutinho replacement?

Sanchez (money itb)
6%
Sanchez (downgrade elsewhere)
1%
Hazard (money itb)
3%
Hazard (downgrade elsewhere)
No votes
Firmino
3%
Eriksen
17%
Walcott
11%
Pedro
9%
Sigurdsson
38%
Zaha/Phillips
2%
Other
11%

Total votes: 103

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Coutinho replacement

Post by scarletjim »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:Not really as siggy has form and fixtures (after spurs).
But we are making the transfer this week, so this coming weekend's game can't be ignored. So in the next 4:

Eriksen has H v Swansea, A v Man U, H v Hull, H v Burnley - so 3 out of 4 at home, and all 3 absolute corkers
Siggy has A v Spurs, H v Sunderland, A v West Brom, A v Middlesbrough - so 3 out of 4 away

On that basis, I don't really understand how anyone can say Siggy 'has fixtures' compared to Eriksen. :?

The following 3 weeks Siggy has it better, but then soon after that he has Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Man City, Leicester, Chelsea, so I'd be amazed if anyone holds him right through those 6 games.

So if people are judging on form, then I absolutely see it, but for fixtures I don't at all.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Re: Coutinho replacement

Post by scarletjim »

One other question - in the 'other' category, is anyone who is considering Pedro also thinking about Moses (and I don't mean in 'bible class')? Considerably cheaper than Pedro, obviously slightly less points potential I guess, but a fair amount of money saved. Could help some achieve a Aguero / Kane / Costa front line (though that's not my personal choice right now).

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Siggy for me, the £0.9m saving on Eriksen being a consideration. Still however £0.2m away from Lukaku to Kane.
Rather than a hit to do Benteke to Austin I may bank the second transfer and do both switches next week.
Decisions, decisions...

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Coutinho replacement

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

scarletjim wrote:
Multiple Scorgasms wrote:Not really as siggy has form and fixtures (after spurs).
But we are making the transfer this week, so this coming weekend's game can't be ignored. So in the next 4:

Eriksen has H v Swansea, A v Man U, H v Hull, H v Burnley - so 3 out of 4 at home, and all 3 absolute corkers
Siggy has A v Spurs, H v Sunderland, A v West Brom, A v Middlesbrough - so 3 out of 4 away

On that basis, I don't really understand how anyone can say Siggy 'has fixtures' compared to Eriksen. :?

The following 3 weeks Siggy has it better, but then soon after that he has Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Man City, Leicester, Chelsea, so I'd be amazed if anyone holds him right through those 6 games.

So if people are judging on form, then I absolutely see it, but for fixtures I don't at all.
Siggy has scored twice and got an assist in his last 3 away games (Arsenal, Stoke as Everton) so I don't see the fact that they are away being an issue.

Erikson has no attacking returns in his last 3 home games.

I look more at who they are playing rather than home or away. There are some exceptions e.g Burnley are woeful away.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

So for me that's mostly about form, not fixtures. Not saying that's wrong though, I probably go the other way too often tbh. :)

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I've gone Coutinho :arrow: Phillips so I can enable Son :arrow: Sanchez next week.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Sigurdsson overrated a tad? Spurs away no picnic and West Brom, Middlesbrough away could be devoid of goals. And Llorente deserving of a start to push Siggy back

03 Dec 15:00 14 Spurs (A)
10 Dec 15:00 15 Sunderland (H)
14 Dec 20:00 16 West Brom (A)
17 Dec 15:00 17 Middlesbrough (A)

Just trying to dampen the enthusiasm since I haven't got him....

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Not a lot of talk of Walcott for Couthino despite having the most NTIs of the likely Couthino replacements over the past few days.

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

carver wrote:Sigurdsson overrated a tad? Spurs away no picnic and West Brom, Middlesbrough away could be devoid of goals. And Llorente deserving of a start to push Siggy back

03 Dec 15:00 14 Spurs (A)
10 Dec 15:00 15 Sunderland (H)
14 Dec 20:00 16 West Brom (A)
17 Dec 15:00 17 Middlesbrough (A)

Just trying to dampen the enthusiasm since I haven't got him....
I actually think Llorente playing adds to Siggy's potential for points. Great target man for him to aim for from set pieces and corners etc.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

The Username wrote:Not a lot of talk of Walcott for Couthino despite having the most NTIs of the likely Couthino replacements over the past few days.
I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine this is largely down to suspected rotation over the upcoming Christmas period. The question appears to be whether you think Walcott can make up for almost certainly being rotated by scoring enough points when he does play. Or, I suppose, whether you have the squad depth to cover such eventualities (though you may still be looking at a couple of 1 point cameos).

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

MPTree wrote:
The Username wrote:Not a lot of talk of Walcott for Couthino despite having the most NTIs of the likely Couthino replacements over the past few days.
I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine this is largely down to suspected rotation over the upcoming Christmas period. The question appears to be whether you think Walcott can make up for almost certainly being rotated by scoring enough points when he does play. Or, I suppose, whether you have the squad depth to cover such eventualities (though you may still be looking at a couple of 1 point cameos).
Fair point mate, i suppose the only one you would think wouldn't be rotated is Siggy really, but i think as someone else has pointed out Lorente is likely pushing for a start up front and Siggys fixtures considering Swansea's league position, are not as straight forward as first glimpse, i wouldn't be surprised to see them draw blanks Vs Spurs, WBA and Boro.

I guess if you are upgrading to Sanchez or KDB both are as prone to rotation as Walcott, Pedro as well has Willian lurking.

I guess its a roll the dice as ever over Xmas.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think Siggy needs a target man to be even more effective in FPL terms. Even playing as a false 9 his shots in the box are low, he won't lose his long range attempts by moving back and with a target man he has an ideal recipient for his set piece delivery.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 03 Dec 2016, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

The Username wrote:
MPTree wrote:
Fair point mate, i suppose the only one you would think wouldn't be rotated is Siggy really, but i think as someone else has pointed out Lorente is likely pushing for a start up front and Siggys fixtures considering Swansea's league position, are not as straight forward as first glimpse, i wouldn't be surprised to see them draw blanks Vs Spurs, WBA and Boro.

I guess if you are upgrading to Sanchez or KDB both are as prone to rotation as Walcott, Pedro as well has Willian lurking.

I guess its a roll the dice as ever over Xmas.
Also, of the obvious replacements priced around 7.8 - 8.8m-ish, the top 3 in terms of ownership are Firmino (flagged), Walcott, and Sterling (flagged and price heading rapidly south) - so maybe there's less talk of Walcott because he already has quite a few owners...

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Siggy for me. Eriksen's returns have been poor so far (3 assists and 1 goal).

In terms of fixtures Siggy has some good returns against most of the top sides:

Chelsea (H): 8 points
Man City (H): 6 points
Liverpool (A): 2 points
Arsenal (A): 9 points
Man Utd (H): 5 points
Everton (A): 9 points

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Although I agree Spurs and WBA away aren't great fixtures, IIRC Middlesbrough are no shakes at home. Aren't they one of those weird teams that are better away?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I've already got Firminho and Siggy, my other two midfielders are Snodgrass and Allen.

So I've swapped Coutinho out and grabbed Mahrez. He's done alright the last two games and got a favourable schedule of games coming up.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Dropped again last night. -3 for the week

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Should be nice and cheap getting him in for the Merseyside derby in GW30 8-)

aiwnjoo
Treebeard

Post by aiwnjoo »

ive gone for mane so ive got;

firmino, capoue, fletcher, sanchez, mane - siguy will flop this week. but may switch to mahrez soon.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Cazorla has been ruled out for 3 months, which has to be good news for Walcott. It opens up the possibility for Ramsey to play in CM instead of competing with Theo for the RW position.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Stemania wrote:Cazorla has been ruled out for 3 months, which has to be good news for Walcott. It opens up the possibility for Ramsey to play in CM instead of competing with Theo for the RW position.
Good in terms of reducing the rotation risk, but I think on the Scoutcast Andy said that Walcott's stats had been on the slide by a greater margin than Ozil or Sanchez, since Cazorla was injured.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

What I don't understand is why Eriksen is mentioned so much in this thread and Alli not at all?

Alli showed last season that he has a greater goal threat than Eriksen. He also had a higher points-per-game (6.4ppg for Alli against 5.7ppg for Eriksen). He has been out injured but was widely considered to be Spurs' best player against Chelsea. And he has a good partnership with Kane, who is also now back.

At the same price I'd go for Alli without question.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:What I don't understand is why Eriksen is mentioned so much in this thread and Alli not at all?

Alli showed last season that he has a greater goal threat than Eriksen. He also had a higher points-per-game (6.4ppg for Alli against 5.7ppg for Eriksen). He has been out injured but was widely considered to be Spurs' best player against Chelsea. And he has a good partnership with Kane, who is also now back.

At the same price I'd go for Alli without question.
I guess it's mostly because Eriksen scored against Chelsea in the last gameweek. Most of those who consider him wouldn't do so if he hadn't scored. After all many are chasing last week's points.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Ruth_NZ wrote:What I don't understand is why Eriksen is mentioned so much in this thread and Alli not at all?

Alli showed last season that he has a greater goal threat than Eriksen. He also had a higher points-per-game (6.4ppg for Alli against 5.7ppg for Eriksen).
I'm not sure how much significance last season has in today's game, but as finisher1 said, I suppose it's people chasing last week's points, hoping it's the start of some semblance of form. There's only a 1.1% difference in their ownership's though.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I had Coutinho since the second day of the season after those 2 goals against Arsenal so I was quite disappointed to see him get injured as he would have been a season keeper for me, but I earned a nice 0.4 profit out of him.

I took a punt with Chadli. Seems to be on penalties and has been taking a few free kicks and corners, even with Brunt on the pitch, and it appears he plays in the #10 role and possibly WBA's most creative player. Slight risk he could start on the bench again though due to returning from recent injury, but I figured worth a punt with WBA having 3 homes in the next 4. Could be a string of 2-2-2-2 but if nothing else it's an exciting punt anyway even if only for four GW's.

Having spent a chunk of the Coutinho money on bringing in Kane, I considered Redmond in the same price bracket as Chadli but he seems to be frustrating owners, Milner but that's pretty much just waiting for a Liverpool penalty, and Allen but there was too much talk of him losing the #10 role due to Stoke injuries.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Paulista wrote:I'm not sure how much significance last season has in today's game, but as finisher1 said, I suppose it's people chasing last week's points, hoping it's the start of some semblance of form. There's only a 1.1% difference in their ownership's though.
Last season provides a long-term comparison of the relative threat of the two players doesn't it? I trust that more than 4-week stats which can get very skewed, especially when one or other player has been injured.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Paulista wrote:I'm not sure how much significance last season has in today's game, but as finisher1 said, I suppose it's people chasing last week's points, hoping it's the start of some semblance of form. There's only a 1.1% difference in their ownership's though.
Last season provides a long-term comparison of the relative threat of the two players doesn't it? I trust that more than 4-week stats which can get very skewed, especially when one or other player has been injured.
Sorry if I might say something stupid, but to me common sense would suggest that Last season provides a long-term comparison of the relative threat of the two players IN LAST SEASON
Players evolve over time, teams change.... both can have good or bad SEASONS....
True, a part would be down to players intrinsic qualities and attitude, which should be constant, but performances in this season should be much more relevant to the comparison than performances in lastseasonn
Of course I know common sense has little to do with stats, I'm ready to read a scientific demonstration why it's not valid in my above considerations :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:Sorry if I might say something stupid, but to me common sense would suggest that Last season provides a long-term comparison of the relative threat of the two players IN LAST SEASON.
Players evolve over time, teams change.... both can have good or bad SEASONS....
True, a part would be down to players intrinsic qualities and attitude, which should be constant, but performances in this season should be much more relevant to the comparison than performances in last season. Of course I know common sense has little to do with stats, I'm ready to read a scientific demonstration why it's not valid in my above considerations :)
I don't disagree with anything really, MoSe. I guess my point is that a whole season gives a measure of the relative FPL potential of the players. Obviously that could change if the players decline but at their ages that's unlikely, they should both be improving still. It could also change if they are playing in fundamentally different positions but neither are. That's why I'd take the large sample size over the small one in this case.

Having said that, maybe I have misjudged the improvement in Eriksen. That has been known to happen before. :) But I am also influenced by the fact that I have some family members who are Spurs season ticket holders and have generally been moaning about Eriksen's poor form for weeks.

In any case, I have neither player in my squad and on the basis of today's results I'd be happy to have either of them. I just thought it surprising that Eriksen was getting all the mentions and Alli none. I think I'd still probably take Alli over Eriksen if I were bringing one of them in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”