To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Goalkeepers 4.0m Crisis

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
yttod1010
FISOhead

Goalkeepers 4.0m Crisis

Post by yttod1010 »

everyone hates Keeper substituitions but i think the 4.0 keepers may be about to end with Mannone/Butland returninf and Hull having Marshall

im not sure where to turn at the moment im almost considering Sanchez to Ozil to free up funds ....crikey

whats everyone else thinking

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Goalkeepers 4.0m Crisis

Post by ZeroRemorse »

There's a wildcard coming up a month later. Just going to stick with Grant/Foster until then. Grant's playing well, so with a bit of luck he might get the Bournemouth and Watford fixture. But a 4.0m GK is the least of my transfer concerns currently.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Wildcard!!?? i wont be using the wildcard to get a keeper

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

yttod1010 wrote:Wildcard!!?? i wont be using the wildcard to get a keeper
:lol:

You really think that's what I meant?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well Pickford won that last game, I wouldn't drop him, I don't think Moist will either.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
yttod1010 wrote:Wildcard!!?? i wont be using the wildcard to get a keeper
:lol:

You really think that's what I meant?
well i was kind of saying i wont be wildcarding in January but you know you have your agenda and i have my mine

when Mannone is fit ...i think Moyes will be under pressure to bring him back for experience alone

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think so too, but Pickford played well last match, and of course they won. I think he likely will end up benched, but when exactly I've no idea. I can't imagine any of the team being changed for Hull, so maybe it will take a mistake from Pickford or a thrashing for Sunderland for it to happen.

I felt he was on the verge of being dropped, but that last performance was good enough to stay in the team for the short term at least.

When is Butland back? I know he had a "set back" buy haven't seen when he is likely to actually play again for Stoke?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:I think so too, but Pickford played well last match, and of course they won. I think he likely will end up benched, but when exactly I've no idea. I can't imagine any of the team being changed for Hull, so maybe it will take a mistake from Pickford or a thrashing for Sunderland for it to happen.

I felt he was on the verge of being dropped, but that last performance was good enough to stay in the team for the short term at least.

When is Butland back? I know he had a "set back" buy haven't seen when he is likely to actually play again for Stoke?
He's back in training and it sounds positive, it sounds like he's penciled in Watford. If Grant has a blinder vs Bournemouth he might get a few more games between the sticks.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-ci ... story.html

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Mav3rick wrote: When is Butland back? I know he had a "set back" buy haven't seen when he is likely to actually play again for Stoke?
Butland returned to first-team training on Monday and the England goalkeeper is targeting a return before the end of the month (@BenDinnery).

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

Some positive thoughts on Pickford:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... gster.html

Makes me feel more safe as an Pickford / Jakupovic owner :roll:

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

I think we have one more week ....then I suspect Butland will return as long as now injury ....Pickford is an interesting one suspect he has the jersey for now but anymore defeats mistakes and you have to suspect Mannone returns

I was all set to sell Sanchez to free up funds for alonso and heaton ...but the price rises and drops have killed me ....no chance making early transfers this GW the internationals are going to bust a lot of teams thru injury

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

as a Jaku/pickford owner i'm considering just going Jaku-->Mannone. He's only 4.3 and having 1st and 2nd choice from Sunderland is very likely to last until 2nd wildcard without futher transfers.
It saves 0.5 over someone like Heaton and if Pickford is dropped and i go with someone else, i'd be 1 injury/suspension away from wasting another transfer on my keepers.

raym
Kevin and Perry

Post by raym »

zerinot wrote:as a Jaku/pickford owner i'm considering just going Jaku-->Mannone. He's only 4.3 and having 1st and 2nd choice from Sunderland is very likely to last until 2nd wildcard without futher transfers.
It saves 0.5 over someone like Heaton and if Pickford is dropped and i go with someone else, i'd be 1 injury/suspension away from wasting another transfer on my keepers.
I would say that's not a great choice. GK is a position where looking at fixtures and working out a good rotation is key, particularly if you are going with the budget keepers. Being stuck with the Sunderland keeper (whoever it is) week in, week out is not optimal. Even with pickford making a ton of saves, the sunderland keepers have averaged only 2.7 points per game this season. That's low, even for goalkeepers, where you should really be aiming for 4ppg+ average. If that means you need to make two transfers, so be it - get two nailed-on keepers with a good rotation and you should be able to leave it for a good while (injuries, rotation etc being relatively less likely with keepers if you choose carefully), and easily make up for the cost of the extra transfer.

To illustrate, I've been rotating bargain basement keepers (all 4.0 or 4.5, maximum 8.5 in total at any one time) all season and have 47 keeper points from 11 gameweeks (4.3ppg). And that's without having had Heaton at all. That compares to 30 keeper points from the sunderland keepers in the same period. 17 points difference.

PS: Not to mention the fact that if Pickford retains his starting spot (not impossible), you'd have wasted a transfer on mannone for absolutely nothing.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

Well the transfer would only be wasted if Pickford retains his spot, and plays every single game up until i use my 2nd wildcard around the double gameweeks.
I've only played the game for 2 years, and while it's nice you've managed 47 points from keepers so far i disagree with your opinion on rotation being that much superior with keeper points often being very unpredictable (just guessing here, but Heaton must have been near the bottom for CS odds vs United).
I'm sure there has been some research on how much is gained from rotating keepers already though from other seasons, so will try and find it to help me make a decision.

raym
Kevin and Perry

Post by raym »

zerinot wrote:Well the transfer would only be wasted if Pickford retains his spot, and plays every single game up until i use my 2nd wildcard around the double gameweeks.
I've only played the game for 2 years, and while it's nice you've managed 47 points from keepers so far i disagree with your opinion on rotation being that much superior with keeper points often being very unpredictable (just guessing here, but Heaton must have been near the bottom for CS odds vs United).
I'm sure there has been some research on how much is gained from rotating keepers already though from other seasons, so will try and find it to help me make a decision.
What are you going for then? Worth noting that the Daily Star are reporting the Moyes is sticking with Pickford, although how reliable that is I have no idea. I'm a Grant/Pickford owner, and considering Grant to one of Heaton, Boruc, Valdes or Foster.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

raym wrote:
zerinot wrote:Well the transfer would only be wasted if Pickford retains his spot, and plays every single game up until i use my 2nd wildcard around the double gameweeks.
What are you going for then? Worth noting that the Daily Star are reporting the Moyes is sticking with Pickford, although how reliable that is I have no idea. I'm a Grant/Pickford owner, and considering Grant to one of Heaton, Boruc, Valdes or Foster.
I might just risk it and try to wait to do it with a FT, i'd have to replace a defender aswell for total -8 to really be certain to field 11 this week.
I feel pretty happy with my front 7, so could see myself sticking to those (maybe upgrade Lukaku to Kane/costa)if they avoid injuries, and finally fix my the Jaku issue.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

Sounds pretty certain Pickford will start this week based on Moyes comments, so i will wait with picking my replacement and hopefully get it done with a Free transfer.
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/foo ... -1-8247327

“For me, it is not a decision.
“Jordan has got the jersey at the moment and his form has been so good that I can’t see past him at the moment; simple as that.
“He now has Vito back and more competition, but I think the points Jordan has saved us far outweigh the points he may have lost us.
“As a young player, it is not always easy. “He won’t always be on top form, but Sunderland should be proud they have another player towards the England squad.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Sweet. Now for him to actually get some points...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:Sweet. Now for him to actually get some points...
Here's hoping! I'm doubling up on Sunderland at the back this week :shock:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

unless you have Pickford and Jaku is there a keeper crisis at all?

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Looks like the crisis maybe avoid for a bit longer

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Pickford is Sunderland's #1 now, and Butland has had yet another injury set back, so Grant continues to look secure.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article ... 49518.aspx[/url]

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Paulista wrote:Pickford is Sunderland's #1 now, and Butland has had yet another injury set back, so Grant continues to look secure.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article ... 49518.aspx[/url]
I know great innit :lol:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Any news on Heaton? I've had no goalkeeper the last two game weeks.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Grant has been a gem.
Although his upcoming fixtures make me want to choose a new primary.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

His upcoming fixtures are nasty. The kneejerkers can have him. I just hope Heaton is 100% for next GW.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I have Pickford & Grant; happy for now

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

math! wrote:Any news on Heaton? I've had no goalkeeper the last two game weeks.
This certainly adds credence to the 'rotating pair of keepers' strategy.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Weisenwolf wrote:I have Pickford & Grant; happy for now
Me too, they rotate fine except for Boxing Day.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Football Hero wrote:
math! wrote:Any news on Heaton? I've had no goalkeeper the last two game weeks.
This certainly adds credence to the 'rotating pair of keepers' strategy.
It's frustrating how Jakupovic was replaced despite playing well only for Marshall to ship goals as though it's a hobby. I've also been using 1-2 transfers per week elsewhere so I had to depend on Heaton. Not an ideal season but manageable.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”