To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who's your 3rd 'budget' striker? And which ones have the best fixtures and form.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Your 3rd Striker?

C.Wilson (BOU)
10%
C.Benteke (CPL)
12%
J.Defoe (SUN)
4%
A.Negredo (MID)
No votes
Stuanni (MID)
3%
Diomande (HUL)
4%
Rondon (WBA)
1%
C.Austin (SOU)
21%
Deeney (WAT)
25%
Iheanacho (MCI)
No votes
Vokes (BUR)
3%
Rashford (MUN)
10%
Other (specify)
4%

Total votes: 67

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Who's your 3rd 'budget' striker? And which ones have the best fixtures and form.

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Who do you think is the best 3rd striker for the next upcoming GW's?

Charlie Austin 6.5m (SOU) is an obvious one, especially since he is on penalties. But with Chelsea, Pool, Everton (H) in their next 3/5 he isn't as attractive as other options fixtures. He does have Palace (A) and Hull (A), so I'm sure he will bring some points in the next 5 GW's and he's in good form. Europa LEague fixtures are also thrown in there, so be careful for that.

C.Benteke 7.7m (CPL) Probably slightly too expensive to truly justify being in this list of 'budget' strikers. But anyway, fixtures are average Liv (H) BUR (A) MCI (H) SWA (A) SOU (H). He barely features on the BPS even when he scores a winner. He is on pens though (I think, even after he missed one vs WHU) and with the decent service and wingers CPL have he could become a regular scorer. I'm indifferent so far.

Callum Wilson 6.5m (BOU) is standing out to me, in decent form and Bournemouth are starting to look like a really good side. He has MID (A) SUN (H) STK (A) in his next 3 games but finishes with Arsenal (A) and Pool (H) but then BUR (A). Could be good for at least the next 3 GW's. My other concern though is Boro have looked far better defensively and Stoke have also improved from a terrible start.

Iheanacho 6.8m (MCI) Came on for KDB and scored the equalizer vs SOTON. Looks decent everyone time he gets game time and he's got the best numbers in the league per match time. Massive rotation risk, not guaranteed solid minutes, but Pep could turn to him to try get City out of their current slump. Likely dropping Aguero deeper and starting with Iheanacho up front. His next 5 fixtures are very juicy and should get on the score sheet

Deeney 7.1m (WAT) Troy has Hull coming up, so he's not a bad pick, but that's followed up by Liverpool (A) and Leicester (H). His last 2 are Stoke (H), WBA (A) and if you want to look even further he then has Everton (H) and City (A) - After the Hull fixture it looks pretty difficult for Troy.

Rondon 6.7m (WBA) After City and Leicester in the next 2 GW's he has a nice run until GW 15 Chelsea. BUR (H) Hull (A) WAT (H) is not too bad, but lets not forget, it's a Pulis team.. Chadli has offered something coming in, so Rondon could profit

Defoe 7.3m (SUN) Well, he plays for Sunderland, and they look certain for the drop this season.. Their only goals will probably come through Defoe pretty much, so you can be brave and pick him, he is also the leading points scorer for a ST under 9.5m, which is pretty impressive in a side like this current Sunderland team. Their fixtures are mixed with Arsenal (H) BOU (A) but he does have Hull (H) in there, then Pool (A) LEI (H)

The others. Rashford, Negredo, Vokes, Hernandez, DIomande are in struggling sides that are either too defensive and lack creativity to really consider them an option. I might be wrong about Rashford, but I think him playing out wide dents his chances massively of bringing in a tally, not too mention Mourinho's largely negative tactics. He could look at changing things to give Rashford more of a chance, but right now there's far safer options.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Who's your 3rd 'budget' striker? And which ones have the best fixtures and form.

Post by Notned »

I have Diomande currently, but that's because I decided to go 3-5-2 for a while whilst all the midfielders are firing and an obvious third striker isn't apparent. Tentative plans to maybe switch back to 3-4-3 with Austin once Southampton's fixtures clear up and the Europa group stage is over.

Were I to make a decision on a third striker on a 3-4-3 right this instant, I'd probably go with Wilson, for what it's worth.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Who's your 3rd 'budget' striker? And which ones have the best fixtures and form.

Post by Mav3rick »

I have Austin and am pretty happy to hold him. However, for GW10 he is currently benched (in favour of Capoue who is playing Hull) then of course Austin has Hull himself, followed by two home games that I feel Saints can score in. I don't think I would transfer in Austin this week, but I'd be happy to do so for GW11. You missed the main worry with him in your write up though which is reduced gametime. Boufal is now in the picture and anyone of Redmond, Tadic or Austin could find themselves benched/rotated now (it was notable that it was Tadic that gave way to him today). Even without the threat of Boufal, Austin has been getting his share of subbings at around the 70/80 minute mark.

I agree with you on Rashford. I sold him the other week for Austin as he was doing far too much work wide.

I know you probably want Iheanacho to be the answer, and if he starts he's a brilliant, possibly perfect, option. But who does he push out of the starting lineup? Either winger, KDB, Silva or Aguero? I don't see that happening regularly and while it's a decent punty transfer (especially while the CL is on) if you have nothing else more pressing, I don't think it's a good idea. In fact, if you had transfers to burn, I'd probably consider playing follow the Hull fixture rather than punting on Iheanacho.

Gray (6.2) is back from his ban and deserves mentioning in the same breath as Wilson, but Southampton are a cut above Bournemouth and Burnley so I'd still favour Austin slightly over those two. Bournemouth look a decent side, but they have struggled for goals a bit apart from the demolition of Hull. In attacking terms, surely Southampton > Bournemouth > Burnley.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:I have Austin and am pretty happy to hold him. However, for GW10 he is currently benched (in favour of Capoue who is playing Hull) then of course Austin has Hull himself, followed by two home games that I feel Saints can score in. I don't think I would transfer in Austin this week, but I'd be happy to do so for GW11. You missed the main worry with him in your write up though which is reduced gametime. Boufal is now in the picture and anyone of Redmond, Tadic or Austin could find themselves benched/rotated now (it was notable that it was Tadic that gave way to him today). Even without the threat of Boufal, Austin has been getting his share of subbings at around the 70/80 minute mark.

I agree with you on Rashford. I sold him the other week for Austin as he was doing far too much work wide.

I know you probably want Iheanacho to be the answer, and if he starts he's a brilliant, possibly perfect, option. But who does he push out of the starting lineup? Either winger, KDB, Silva or Aguero? I don't see that happening regularly and while it's a decent punty transfer (especially while the CL is on) if you have nothing else more pressing, I don't think it's a good idea.

Gray (6.2) is back from his ban and deserves mentioning in the same breath as Wilson, but Southampton are a cut above Bournemouth and Burnley so I'd still favour Austin slightly over those two. Bournemouth look a decent side, but they have struggled for goals a bit apart from the demolition of Hull. In attacking terms, surely Southampton > Bournemouth > Burnley.
Ah yes I forgot Gray. Yes I should have noted the Boufal threat, but Austins form should overshadow that anyway. And no, I don't really want Iheanacho to be the answer :lol: , there's just too much uncertainty for him to be a main pick if Aguero isn't injured or banned. He is criminally underrated though.

I've currently got Big Ben sitting in my side, I don't need to make any sudden transfers, so I'm actually thinking about Ben --> Deeney --> Austin, following the Hull fixtures.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I voted 'other' my cheapest striker is Lukaku :wink:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Weisenwolf wrote:I voted 'other' my cheapest striker is Lukaku :wink:
I've been thinking about Lukaku - Aguero - Costa. But There's only 2 Strikers around 50 or above where as you have 7 MF'ers on 49 and above and about 13 in the high 40's mid 40's.

It statistically more logical this season to have a 3rd budget striker and invest more in the midfield. They're simply outscoring strikers with ease.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Mine is Benteke, I got him at his lowest price so probably a little more affordable for me; I do expect him to be worth the extra as he's nailed, has pens, and a fantastic scoring record even at Villa.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Currently on Deeney who has returned me 1 goal in about 4 games. Watford really look poor going forward at times, But he stays vs Hull (H) before I will be looking to shift him.

Yet to decide whether to swap him for another budget striker or downgrade Ozil to afford Costa.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Sitting on Benteke but considering shifting for Wilson. Have Redmond already so might avoid doubling up on Southampton and getting Austin.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I think Benteke is the best of the strikers in isolation, but the price difference between him and the others does come into it.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Same (and I thought I was the only smartar5e).

I am happy to keep him for now and wait for Southamptons fixtures to turn, and for security of time on pitch to be a little clearer, before locking on Redmond+Lukaku (1 transfer only) or Austin+M4 upgrade (2 transfers).

I have the "luxury" of other fires to put out in my squad, so I am in no rush to make any change here.

To answer the question directly, I would say Austin then Wilson.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Fuzzy wrote:
There are a few of us....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
There are a few of us....
Seriously tempted to dump either Kun or Zlatan (keeping Lulukaka) and going for whoever plays Hull for the next 4ish GW's.

Hopefully Carroll will be fit for their match vs Hull and a few GW's afterwards....

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

I have deeney he only stays as it hull next ....then I will have a decision who to hop onto next I think it will be coin toss Wilson or Austin .....if I'm feeling frisky mite go Rondon

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

yttod1010 wrote:I have deeney he only stays as it hull next ....then I will have a decision who to hop onto next I think it will be coin toss Wilson or Austin .....if I'm feeling frisky mite go Rondon
Not that it should (or is likely to) affect your decision, but in case it is relevant, it looks like Austin is due to rise tonight.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I have Rashford and Defoe ... sadly.

Austin would probably be my choice now.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

My 3rd striker is Lukaku, an extremely expensive luxury but I'm relatively happy with the big three up top structure for now.

At the moment I'd much rather play merry-go-round with 4.5 defenders and pile all my cash in my front seven, hopefully setting and forgetting for as long as possible, rather than playing hop on hop off with mid priced strikers.

I did start the season with Andre the Giant Gray, but when he got suspended, I didn't have enough confidence in any of the equally priced replacements.

That being said, Stone Cold Charlie Austin is emerging as a great value pick, and I think Bony may only need a confidence goal to kick start a good run.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Paulista wrote:My 3rd striker is Lukaku, an extremely expensive luxury but I'm relatively happy with the big three up top structure for now.

At the moment I'd much rather play merry-go-round with 4.5 defenders and pile all my cash in my front seven, hopefully setting and forgetting for as long as possible, rather than playing hop on hop off with mid priced strikers.

I did start the season with Andre the Giant Gray, but when he got suspended, I didn't have enough confidence in any of the equally priced replacements.

That being said, Stone Cold Charlie Austin is emerging as a great value pick, and I think Bony may only need a confidence goal to kick start a good run.

disappointing lack of nicknames for Lukaku and Bony. Surely the latter would be easy enough.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Mine is Benteke, I got him at his lowest price so probably a little more affordable for me; I do expect him to be worth the extra as he's nailed, has pens, and a fantastic scoring record even at Villa.
I've got Teke too, but do you reckon he will still be on pens after he miserably spoiled his last one? Cabaye started last league game, it'll be him surely?

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

ajcairns wrote:
Paulista wrote:My 3rd striker is Lukaku, an extremely expensive luxury but I'm relatively happy with the big three up top structure for now.

disappointing lack of nicknames for Lukaku and Bony. Surely the latter would be easy enough.
Wilfred "the Dog" Bony?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

So yeah, I got Bony in last week to accompany Rashford and Lukaku... probably a bad mistake, but I felt he would kickstart his run against that shambolic Hull defence. Pity Dawson was back.

Expecting United to bounce back against Burnley and Rashford to be among the goals.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

have Rashford. want to get rid soon. Either Austin or basement price striker and upgrade midfield. Don't really fancy anyone else

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

carver wrote:have Rashford. want to get rid soon. Either Austin or basement price striker and upgrade midfield. Don't really fancy anyone else
Would you not want to wait for the Burnley game?

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

yes will wait for after Burnley. not optimistic though

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

All of the above

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I've got WIlson and I'm satisfied tbh. Austin would be my option after though.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Sure I've seen talk about Musa after another good game this week. Is he still just back-up?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”