To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 9 captaincy poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your GW9 Captain?

Sanchez (MID)
48%
Walcott (MID)
16%
Ozil (MID)
2%
Aguero (SOT)
28%
Sterling (SOT)
1%
De Bruyne (SOT)
No votes
Wilson (TOT)
1%
Son (bou)
No votes
Alli (bou)
No votes
Lukaku (bur)
1%
Snodgrass (STO)
No votes
Sigurdsson (WAT)
1%
Deeney (swa)
1%
Payet (SUN)
No votes
Defoe (whm)
No votes
Mane (WBA)
1%
Firmino (WBA)
1%
Coutinho (WBA)
No votes
Costa (MUN)
No votes
Hazard (MUN)
1%
Ibrahimovic (che)
No votes
Vardy (CPL)
No votes
Mahrez (CPL)
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 190

ricardo68
FISOhead

Re: GW 9 captaincy poll

Post by ricardo68 »

Aguero is due. Walcott will blank for a few weeks then get injured or be dropped. Aguero C, Sanchez VC.

JJ Zen
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2014

Post by JJ Zen »

MPTree wrote:Image

Nice little table from Triggerlips. The whole post is worth a read.
This is good. Seems Arsenal is the best pick for C. But the burning question is Sanchez or Walcott?
CITECH is the runner up. But what's wrong with KUN? Losing start XI or waiting for aN explosion...

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Sanchez is surprisingly far in front in the FFS poll, Aguero down in 3rd behind Walcott.

I'm assuming it's a bit of an overreaction from the missed pen last week, but still I'd probably be a bit scared about going against a 40% captained Sanchez.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote:Sanchez is surprisingly far in front in the FFS poll, Aguero down in 3rd behind Walcott.

I'm assuming it's a bit of an overreaction from the missed pen last week, but still I'd probably be a bit scared about going against a 40% captained Sanchez.
And not starting in his last 2 matches :wink:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:Sanchez is surprisingly far in front in the FFS poll, Aguero down in 3rd behind Walcott.

It's a very sensible reaction to the fact Aguero has been benched in two consecutive matches after his injury in the qyalifying match. I think he might not be completely match fit.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

blahblah wrote:

And not starting in his last 2 matches :wink:
The Everton game was entirely understandable, I've no worries at all about that game. Barcelona, yeah I don't feel great about that as even if it's a tactical decision, it shows that guardiola doesn't see Aguero as essential.

I would have thought Aguero will start this week, though. He has to really as he needs games to stay sharp they have to win to stop the rot and it just makes no sense to me to start him from the bench again unless there is some other issue.

If he doesn't start this week, then never mind the captaincy, he will be sold.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It was a tad odd that he didn't come on at ht, as Barca's defence was struggling.....

It was definitely a bit of an odd match until the Bravo escapade; and Citeh could have tried to score?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Locked in on Sanchez (c) now. Too much uncertainty surrounding Aguero. He could explode against Southampton, but I feel Sanchez is likely to get a similar haul against Boro.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: The Everton game was entirely understandable, I've no worries at all about that game. Barcelona, yeah I don't feel great about that as even if it's a tactical decision, it shows that guardiola doesn't see Aguero as essential.

I would have thought Aguero will start this week, though. He has to really as he needs games to stay sharp they have to win to stop the rot and it just makes no sense to me to start him from the bench again unless there is some other issue.

Of course he will start if he is completely match fit. He is 100% their number one striker and 100% nailed on to their strongest XI.

But I'm not sure why his match fitness is not discussed more. It seems no one else than me puts any question marks over his match fitness. The fact is he was injured in the qualifying match and after that he has been benched in two consecutive City games. To me that sounds suspicious.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Walcott for me. He looks great. Getting bored of the jinxers.

JJ Zen
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2014

Post by JJ Zen »

Finisher1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: The Everton game was entirely understandable, I've no worries at all about that game. Barcelona, yeah I don't feel great about that as even if it's a tactical decision, it shows that guardiola doesn't see Aguero as essential.

Of course he will start if he is completely match fit. He is 100% their number one striker and 100% nailed on to their strongest XI.

But I'm not sure why his match fitness is not discussed more. It seems no one else than me puts any question marks over his match fitness. The fact is he was injured in the qualifying match and after that he has been benched in two consecutive City games. To me that sounds suspicious.
But currently no more info About KUN's fitness status... What is your decision? I really couldnt tell between Sanchez or Walcott

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW 9 captaincy poll

Post by Finisher1 »

zjjsky23@hotmail.com wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:

But currently no more info About KUN's fitness status... What is your decision? I really couldnt tell between Sanchez or Walcott

I'm on Walcott at the moment. I'd probably go for Sanchez if I had him.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

blahblah wrote:It was a tad odd that he didn't come on at ht, as Barca's defence was struggling.....

It was definitely a bit of an odd match until the Bravo escapade; and Citeh could have tried to score?
he suffered a slight knock on international duty im assuming that's why he has been benched last two games. i didn't see the game last night when kun came on did he look fit?

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

All my attackers have strong fixtures this GW. Sanchez (C), Aguero (VC) looks the safe choice, but Walcott is also tempting as a bit of a point of difference pick. I'm feeling a Firmino haul this week as well.

Cornish Gooner
Treebeard

Post by Cornish Gooner »

Sanchez (C), Walcott (VC) both bang in form and at home to a relatively weak side. Surprised to see Payet virtually unmentioned, I'd be seriously considering captaining him if I owned him.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Crooker wrote:
blahblah wrote:It was a tad odd that he didn't come on at ht, as Barca's defence was struggling.....

he suffered a slight knock on international duty im assuming that's why he has been benched last two games. i didn't see the game last night when kun came on did he look fit?
He seemed OK, but I wasn't studying him tbh.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

that'll do, aguero (c) it is then

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Tempted to now bottle captaining Aguero....

Got Theo and Ozil as options

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Sanchez - on form, playing OOP and a favourable fixture.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Really can't make up my mind. If I was playing the game in isolation I would captain Aguero, but I'm not sure I can afford to risk not going with Sanchez given the backing he has. Seems odd when Aguero isn't the safe captaincy pick.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Don't own Sanchez so it is Aguero or one of my Arsenal duo Walcott and Ozil.

I was set on Aguero at the start of the week. The Barcelona game has certainly made me think but I'm sticking with my original choice.

Pep said it was a tactical decision for the Barca game, Southampton will have had a day less rest, City and Kun will be wounded animals, Aguero is a proven scorer and will (unlike Sanchez) still be on penalties in my opinion.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Arsenal have won the last six and with the exception of the Liverpool game I don't think we've lost since about March. City are on a wobble so easy one for me it's Chez. May even VC Wally too.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Easy decision for me: Sanchez (c), Aguero (vc)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yep, going with the masses and captaining Sanchez. Aguero vice.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Kun C . Kdb and kun starting together again. No body does it better

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

THE One and only

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

DAREEL wrote:Kun C . Kdb and kun starting together again. No body does it better
This is an excellent point IF they both start.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Pulpy wrote:Aguero is a proven scorer and will (unlike Sanchez) still be on penalties in my opinion.
With Cazorla injured and likely to miss tomorrow, I'd expect Sanchez to be on pens.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

Ozil is on pens if Cazorla doesn't play.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Payet wrote:Ozil is on pens if Cazorla doesn't play.
Have you seen Ozil's pens? I bloody hope it isn't him, even as a owner.
Remember him vs Bayern, Walks up and waits, gets no power. Horrible technique. Didn't he miss for Germany at the euros as well?

Don't think he's high on the list tbh.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”